View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What brokerage do you guys use? Never really traded/bought stock before. I think I want to buy some of these and hold on to them long-term.
    As a beginner, you may just ask your bank contact. He probably can lead you whether to the bank online trading space or make the transaction for you.
    Trading fees will probably be more expensive than on a dedicated brokerage site ... but that's the easy way to go.
    11-14-12 08:11 AM
    More and more interest is being generated.....here is a report from an analyst Research In Motion: Limited Downside Risk With Unlimited Upside Potential - Seeking Alpha
    Y
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-14-12 12:16 PM
    Back above $8.50 ... c'mon ...
    read also : http://www.thestreet.com/story/11766...in-motion.html

Edited 11-15-2012 : unfortunately, the closing was 1 cent below $8.50
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-15-12 at 03:16 AM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-14-12 12:24 PM
    5 Reasons Why It Is Better To Buy RIM Shares Than Apple | The Gadget Masters
    With RIM having announced yesterday that the BB 10 launch event will occur on Jan. 30, this removes a large amount of uncertainty. In addition, assuming that RIM ships the first BB 10 devices 1-2 weeks after the announcement, BB 10 will benefit earnings in the quarter ending late Feb. Thus, the number of bad RIM earnings ahead would not be the two quarters (ending Dec. 1 and March 2) that the market expects, but only one quarter (ending Dec. 1).
    Thus, as discussed above, in the base-case, I expect RIMM to trade at BV of US$18.44, which is 109% higher than its Nov. 12 closing price. The bullish-case is $43.90, an upside of 398%.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/17225450.cms
    In an interview with Reuters, Heins said RIM had identified $800 million of the $1 billion of savings it promised for the financial year ending in early March, and was confident of finding the rest as it gets ready to launch the new phones.
    "The message to our shareholders is that we understand this is and has been a difficult time for them and for us," the tall, bespectacled CEO said. "But with the development of the BlackBerry 10 platform we are truly convinced that we will create long-term value for RIM's shareholders and investors."
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-15-12 at 06:55 AM.
    11-15-12 05:18 AM
    get up offa dat thing, and danse, you'll feel better ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    11-15-12 05:15 PM
    oh man ... I'll give you some papa again ... so ... after hours ...
    Get up offa dat thing and try release the pressure !
    And you ... crackberrians ... SAY IT NOW !!!!

Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-16-12 03:13 PM
    If you think you are going to receive a valid, actionable opinion on a fan forum, specially on a thread like this one rife with stock market fallacies and wishful thinking on every page, then you shouldn't be trading at all.
    Then why u wasting ur time reading this thread ? I actually find it very informative. Not a fanboy? i seriously doubt it !!!
    11-16-12 03:55 PM
    Then why u wasting ur time reading this thread ? I actually find it very informative. Not a fanboy? i seriously doubt it !!!
    Don't bother. In the meantime YOU made money
    11-16-12 04:09 PM
    I knew something was up when yesterday I saw someone buying $9 calls with a nov.17 expiry. I was like either this dude knows something or he's crazy to be buying out of the money calls 2 days from expiry. Low and behold it finishes over $9 today. My jan 13 and jan 14 calls went up huge today.

RIMM Message Board | Research In Motion Limited Stock - Yahoo! Finance
    11-16-12 04:35 PM
    Sadly, my investment is in a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) that won't allow me to trade options, or I'd have been into 2014 options like crazy.

As it is, I've got a few hundred shares that I bought at the absolute rock-bottom this year (sub-$7). Today's close of $9.23 makes me very happy
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-16-12 04:43 PM
    I knew something was up when yesterday I saw someone buying $9 calls with a nov.17 expiry. I was like either this dude knows something or he's crazy to be buying out of the money calls 2 days from expiry. Low and behold it finishes over $9 today. My jan 13 and jan 14 calls went up huge today.

RIMM Message Board | Research In Motion Limited Stock - Yahoo! Finance
    Sources have said that the Chow Fund made some purchases about 20 to 21 hours ago, though the news hasn't been picked up yet
    see post #6 here : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...is-rim-754183/ thanks to WHOA
    11-16-12 04:47 PM
    Sadly I fear that someone like Facebook or News Corp is going to buy out RIM soon to get access to either the TV for mobile market or be prepared for Faceberry.
    11-16-12 05:45 PM
    Don't bother. In the meantime YOU made money
    ya im happy about that...i've been reading about RiMM for few months now, and have totally bought into their story. I sold my APPL shares before the big decline @ 688 and put everything in RIMM. I was gonna invest before the quarterly earnings call, but i thought RIMM was gonna put out some ugly numbers and it would go even further down. to my surprise they had some good news and it went up... So i finally bought 3800 shares @ $7.78. im kinda pissed tho i could of bought it when it was trading at around 6.50
    11-17-12 06:39 AM
    Alot of deep pockets/funds have been buying /increasing RIMM shares. Prem Watsa increased his holding and now holds almost 52 million shares. A few others also increased or doubled their holdings last Q. A nice % of RIMM shares are being held in strong hands so the amount of avalible free trading shares is not that great. With at last count 95 milion shares are short and RIMM shares in strong hands. you have an explosive situation where the SP can jump high and fast. Also RIMM shares are trading about half of it's book value $9 and change is still very cheap.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-17-12 09:13 AM
    ya im happy about that...i've been reading about RiMM for few months now, and have totally bought into their story. I sold my APPL shares before the big decline @ 688 and put everything in RIMM. I was gonna invest before the quarterly earnings call, but i thought RIMM was gonna put out some ugly numbers and it would go even further down. to my surprise they had some good news and it went up... So i finally bought 3800 shares @ $7.78. im kinda pissed tho i could of bought it when it was trading at around 6.50
    count the gap with appl and dance . (now, maybe the time to garner a part of your benefits ? with almost 4K shares, you can afford to)
    11-17-12 09:34 AM
    Im pretty convinced Facebook are going to takeover Blackberry.
    11-19-12 09:18 AM
    Im pretty convinced Facebook are going to takeover Blackberry.
    *hum* rumored so many times (and MS, and SAM or even IBM ...), never append (IMHO and never will : at least $25 to gain attraction = too expensive yet, and a no-go if RIM succeeds w/ BB10) ... anything new ?
    11-19-12 09:29 AM
    I am pretty sure that the Canadian government will intervene, particularly if it appears that RIM is on the road to recovery.
    11-19-12 09:32 AM
    I am pretty sure that the Canadian government will intervene, particularly if it appears that RIM is on the road to recovery.
    *mhhh* They said they won't ...

(yummy) Day mark ... where did my $8.5 resistance go ?
    + still laughing @ the 1yr estimate ... how the do they calculate this s ... thing ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-19-12 at 09:53 AM.
    11-19-12 09:34 AM
    yes now is a good time to buy, one because the trend is up(always a good thing), two because up to the launch of BB10, RIM looks as good in peoples fantasy as they wish, so my guess is
    for sure good to hold RIM till around launch, after that it all depends how it plays out, one potential hiccup till launch might be the quarterly report, but that should not last long as
    only the BB10 launch matters for now........
    11-19-12 10:00 AM
    I thought the CA Gov already said they would not hold up a sale to non-CA buyer.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-12 10:11 AM
    I thought the CA Gov already said they would not hold up a sale to non-CA buyer
    i seem to remember that the govt would not bail out RIM if it would be needed, other than that right now they are putting together new rules for foreign take overs,
    so depending on those rules RIM would be subject to a review if the new rules call for it, so really nobody knows for sure, but in my view a review would be likely.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-12 10:31 AM
    Research In Motion: Jefferies Ups To Hold; Sets $10 Target - Forbes
    Read it ... while Misek only gives 20-30% chaces BB10 will succeed, this is a X2 objective and a hold recommendation ... spinning wheel ?

Yes, more and more persons on the finance planet claim "buy" ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

After hours ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-20-12 at 05:38 AM.
    11-20-12 04:30 AM
    Analyst said this morning:

Rim has 20-30% change of succeeding with BB10. If they do succeed - expect the stock to be in the high $40.00's in 12 months. If they fail, expect a buyout at around $5-6 or be completely gone if not purchased.

I lost money with Rim - dumped what I had @ $15 back in January - bought Apple - made it back. But with this news I just purchased a couple grand worth of Rim stock in my high hopes I can recoup some of my lost from the past year.

Time will tell.....
    11-20-12 09:01 AM
    Miseks dumbass is about to be interviewed on BNN. Quick turn to that channel now!
    11-20-12 09:20 AM
113,256 ... 3435363738 ...