View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For a stock that notoriously trades sideways, waiting for a 10% rise before buying isn't wise, imo.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and ZayDub like this.
    07-02-15 06:49 AM

Marketshare is usually measured as revenue. You've read this before, in which an industry segment is said to have a market size of say, $1B. If a company gets $500M in revenue, then they are said to have 50% marketshare.
    Soo.. Blackberry sells 1 Passport for $599.99 and Nokia sells 10 Lumia 521 at $59.99 each totalling $599.90, therefore the marketshare is the same?

Here you go buddy.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-3-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 06:53 AM
    I bought at $6 CDN last year and sold a few months ago at over $12, and am waiting to see it go down to $7 before buying again. I'm not giving advice, but I've learned over time to see a price that I like and then wait for it to drop another 10% before buying. That's my way of balancing the emotional urge to buy on the slide. It takes patience and sometimes I end up not buying the stock I liked at all...and a lot of the time that has ended up being a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 06:58 AM
    I bought at $6 CDN last year and sold a few months ago at over $12, and am waiting to see it go down to $7 before buying again. I'm not giving advice, but I've learned over time to see a price that I like and then wait for it to drop another 10% before buying. That's my way of balancing the emotional urge to buy on the slide. It takes patience and sometimes I end up not buying the stock I liked at all...and a lot of the time that has ended up being a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    You realize there was a > 10% move of USD/CAD during that same time period, don't you? And also BB.TO only traded down around $8 last year...if you're talking about the all-time lows in late 2013, I think you'll be disappointed. That's well below cash levels and cash flow is now stabilized.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-02-15 07:06 AM
    Soo.. Blackberry sells 1 Passport for $599.99 and Nokia sells 10 Lumia 521 at $59.99 each totalling $599.90, therefore the marketshare is the same?
    See now your changing the topic from EMM to smartphones, and thus mixing up two concepts.

Some definitions would be helpful here - from wikipedia:

"Market share: The percentage of a market accounted for by a specific entity."

"Unit market share: The units sold by a particular company as a percentage of total market sales, measured in the same units."
    Unit market share (%) = 100 * Unit sales (#) / Total Market Unit Sales (#)

"Revenue market share: Revenue market share differs from unit market share in that it reflects the prices at which goods are sold.
    Revenue market share (%) = 100 * Sales Revenue ($) / Total Market Sales Revenue($)

IDC's report on EMM is based on revenue market share. Smartphones are reported using unit market share.
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    07-02-15 07:08 AM
    Regarding revenues, I also think focusing on that number is more important to the stock price than unit or customer numbers are right now.

In fact, I want to see marketing expenses to go UP in order to directly boost revenues, even if it's at a 1:1 ratio (i.e. Rebates, promotions, or coupons). In other words, for the most part the expenses would only be incurred if and when the revenues are booked. If it aggressively targets conversions from competitors (i.e. Good and MOBL) I think all the other metrics would start to come around, and the storyline would have to change everywhere. Chen is going there, but I think he needs to now get aggressive in this way, even if it means increasing opex.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:33 AM
    You realize there was a > 10% move of USD/CAD during that same time period, don't you? And also BB.TO only traded down around $8 last year...if you're talking about the all-time lows in late 2013, I think you'll be disappointed. That's well below cash levels and cash flow is now stabilized.

Posted via CB10
    I bought at $6 and sold at $12 +. It really isn't important though...I was just saying that patience, and adding a healthy margin to your trigger price (the one in your mind) is often a good idea. Time flies. I suppose that was well over a year ago now.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:03 AM
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) was upgraded by research analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating in a report released on Tuesday, Analyst Ratings Network.com reports. The firm currently has a $11.33 price target on the smartphone producer’s stock. Vetr‘s price target points to a potential upside of 38.51% from the company’s current price.

BlackBerry Stock Rating Upgraded by Vetr Inc. (BBRY) - The Legacy
    07-02-15 08:43 AM

IDC's report on EMM is based on revenue market share. Smartphones are reported using unit market share.
    That's my point. Their method is invalid!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-02-15 08:51 AM
    Ok now it's time for the sp to do a 180. I freakin can not believe what's going on.
    07-02-15 09:13 AM
    Don't waste time with the BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd/shills. Why they spend hours , days, weeks and years posting nothing but FUD is telling. When you hate freedom and democracy you hate BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:15 AM
    Don't waste time with the BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd/shills. Why they spend hours , days, weeks and years posting nothing but FUD is telling. When you hate freedom and democracy you hate BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Fix the record player, it skipping again.
    07-02-15 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hehehehe

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:27 AM
    [warning : overheated random thought bellow]

There will not be a BlackBerry GPS android smartphone.
    BUT ... i'm curious how OHA rules apply to tablets ? (<= see what I did here lol).
    Since no one did here : same rules apply. end of story
    07-02-15 09:33 AM
    this Passport has 7 viewer per hour and the vendor sold 15 of them (maybe it's your luck or you wanted to make too much money)
    Blackberry Passport 32GB Factory Unlocked Smartphone Black | eBay
    I recently sold my Passport on ebay..and check it...a total of 5 watchers on my item LMAO. Tells you a lot about the interest of Blackberry right there.
    07-02-15 09:43 AM
    how deep will it go is a mystery. Last analysts estimates were better than former ... and still ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-02-15 10:19 AM
    I'm going to take my words back. bbry may or may not go over $10 this month. TAwise, it's much more bearish than I thought. I won't be too surprise that it touches lower $7 next week...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-02-15 10:20 AM
    how deep will it go is a mystery. Last analysts estimates were better than former ... and still ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1089 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	360562
    Let's hope that the jinx works in reverse this time.
    07-02-15 10:26 AM
    At lower $7 /share I will be a mad buyer!!!
    I won't be too surprise that it touches lower $7 next week...
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and zyben like this.
    07-02-15 10:27 AM
    Is it me or... now that share prices are very low instead of FUD we are starting to read some better forecasts from analysts ?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 10:38 AM
    Let's hope that the jinx works in reverse this time.
    (tbh, I was thinking that too )
    3MIKE likes this.
    07-02-15 10:50 AM
    07-02-15 10:51 AM
    07-02-15 10:55 AM
    07-02-15 11:02 AM
    Thanks for posting.
    "ESBL users, .the enterprises will be able to receive monthly bill directly from BlackBerry for voice and data services that employees of enterprises use ESBL from the company will be available on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile. According to the report during the fiscal year 1, the company has noted that 10 carriers have signed the agreement so far with the company. These carriers include major distributors like TELUS (TU), Telekom Hungary, A1 in Australia, SmarTone in Hong Kong (EWH), Rogers (RCI), Bell (CBB), Orange (ORAN), Cellcom (CEL), Maxis in Malaysia, and PTXL in Indonesia and many more."
    07-02-15 11:03 AM
113,256 ... 34463447344834493450 ...