View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Some of the changes to the new BBM for Android.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/06/...design-update/
    06-01-15 04:22 PM
    Something about these headlines.
    I thought Kevin love this product.
    http://gizmodo.com/blackberry-settle...full+(Gizmodo)

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    06-01-15 04:32 PM
    Solid performance with the BlackBerry 10 at Mercedes AMG Petronas

http://www.itbusiness.ca/blog/solid-...petronas/55930

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 05:02 PM
    Hope you don't mind, zyben...

Solid performance with the BlackBerry 10 at Mercedes AMG Petronas | IT Business Blog

An interview with Matt Harris, IT Director at Mercedes AMG Petronas

BlackBerry has refocused its efforts on business customers looking to be able to manage mobility within the context of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). How well have they done? Very well, if you believe Matt Harris, the IT Director with Mercedes AMG Petronas. I was able to get a few minutes from Harris� tight schedule to interview him about BlackBerry and his mobile strategy.

For those who don�t know the company, Mercedes AMG Petronas is responsible for the Mercedes-Benz motorsport program. Its Executive Director, Christian �Toto� Wolf is a former amateur driver who left driving to found an investment company (Marchfifteen) and later to take over as head of Mercedes-Benz Motorsport.

The first question I asked Matt Harris was why he had stuck with BlackBerry through all of the ups and downs of recent years. His answer was immediate. He didn�t feel like he was �stuck� with BlackBerry at all. While he is a realist � no platform or device is perfect, Matt has felt extremely well served by both the BlackBerry handset and the BES services for management of all of his mobile devices � both BlackBerry and non-BlackBerry.

Security

Why? Well as he stated, �Security was one of the basic reasons.�

One key issue for Harris was lost devices. As one might expect from a company that races cars, the team travels extensively. �Users leave their devices in hotels � our biggest problem besides breaking them,� noted Harris. He also noted that the number of broken devices didn�t stem from any fault of the BlackBerry devices. Apparently his users are quite creative in their methods of breaking devices. My personal favourite was his story about the employee who couldn�t figure out why his airline seat wouldn�t recline until he found the bent PassPort device that he had somehow wedged into the workings of the seat.

When devices are lost, Matt noted that the BES platform makes it easy to wipe the handset. But he also appreciated the ability to help recover the device. It takes time to get a new device to a user in the field, so being able to locate the device is a feature he appreciates. Also, as Harris noted, �We can post a message saying that if you find the device, please call this number. There are still a few honest people who will help you recover a lost device.�

While he can ultimately wipe the device, recovery is still the best option, so in addition to posting the message, Harris noted that he appreciated being able to protect the device by �locking the screen and changing the PIN remotely. �

He also appreciated the ability to segregate business and personal data and enforce rules using BES. Users can�t expose a device with business information on it �because the policy coming from BES requires that they have a password and a PIN. So they can�t use any device for work without having a PIN and password that fits our policy.�

�BES Upgrade was a breeze��

The company recently upgraded BES from version 5 to BES 10. You cannot support newer BlackBerry devices using version 10 of the BlackBerry operating system on the old BES 5 server. BES 10 is not backwards compatible. Fortunately, the new BES 10 allows management of both BES 5 and BES 10 through a unified console (for more information on this, there�s a great article on crackberry.com Clearing up the confusion: BES and BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com).

Despite this possible complexity, the upgrade �has quite frankly been a breeze,� said Harris. �Twenty-four hours before we showed it, we�d never seen the full BES. We had ten devices up and running in thirty-six hours. We�re 60% migrated at this point.�

What�s holding him back? They have quite a number of Playbooks in use and these won�t move up to the new BES 10.

Different devices�

�We have a range of devices, including some 9900s and 9300s, � Harris noted. �We have a couple of iPhones and even some Androids. But most of the iOS or Android devices are tablets. I don�t support iPhones or Android phones. We�re a small team and there are only so many devices we want to support. We do support iPads and Android tablets, but for telephony, everyone pretty uses the BlackBerry handset.�

User reaction

I was curious if Harris got any pushback to his refusal to support anything other than BlackBerry, at least for the phones. He said that he didn�t experience much resistance. �Earlier, when we moved to the Z10 we were impressed, but over time saw some shortcomings. It simply wasn�t powerful enough for what BlackBerry was trying to do. The Z30 addressed those issues and since then, nobody is complaining. Three quarters of the company are on Z30�s.�

New BlackBerry Devices

Harris is gradually introducing the newer BlackBerry handsets, the Passport, Classic and even the new Leap (for those interested, I did a review of the Leap).
    3MIKE, bungaboy, zyben and 12 others like this.
    06-01-15 05:14 PM
    Thanks Corbu!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    06-01-15 05:32 PM
    some various opinions on the stock today

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) was downgraded by Zacks from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating in a note issued to investors on Monday.
    Zacks’ analyst wrote, “BlackBerry reported mixed fourth-quarter 2015 financial results wherein the bottom line outpaced the Zacks Consensus Estimate while the top line missed the same. Continuous decline in smartphone sales, stiff competition from handset manufacturers, a lackluster operating platform and a change in business model will continue to act as headwinds for the company while moving ahead.”
    BBRY has been the subject of a number of other recent research reports.

Analysts at Vetr upgraded shares of BlackBerry from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $10.38 price target on the stock in a research note on Monday.
    06-01-15 08:33 PM
    IoT:
    Internet of Things Market to Reach $1.7 Trillion by 2020: IDC - The CIO Report - WSJ

The global Internet of Things market will grow to $1.7 trillion in 2020 from $655.8 billion in 2014, research firm IDC says, as more devices come online and a bevy of platforms and services grow up around them.

The firm predicts that the number of “IoT endpoints,” connected devices such as cars, refrigerators and everything in between, will grow from 10.3 million in 2014 to more than 29.5 million in 2020.

Devices, connectivity and IT services are expected to account for the majority of the global IoT market in 2020, with devices alone accounting for 31.8% of the total. Purpose-built platforms, storage, security, application software and “as a service” offerings are expected to capture a greater percentage of revenue as the market matures.

The Asia Pacific region captured around 58.3% of the revenue from IoT in 2014 and will shrink slightly to 51.2% in 2020. In China, a large and growing population using mobile devices alongside a push to make manufacturing practices more efficient may spur a significant number of new devices and IoT standards, said Vernon Turner, IDC’s research fellow for the Internet of Things. Well networked countries like South Korea and Singapore may also ramp up smart city initiatives.

North America is expected to maintain revenue share of just more than 26% over the forecast period, while the share in Western Europe is expected to jump from 12% to about 19.5%.

As the Internet of Things ecosystem continues to grow, companies increasingly will look to platforms and services that help them manage and analyze the streams of data coming from connected cars, thermostats and smartwatches. That means a new world for the CIO as companies look for ways to process and analyze data from multiple sources in real time.

As CIO Journal has noted, the growth in IoT-enabled devices has been fueled in part by the declining cost of sensors, connectivity and data processing power. The software needed to analyze this data has improved and companies are using it to boost operations and seek out new business models. Ford Motor Co., Rio Tinto PLC and Stanley Black & Decker Inc. are just a few of the many companies making strides in the IoT space.

Embracing IoT may lead to increased use of open source software and standards, Mr. Turner said. Disparate devices will likely need to be managed by the same infrastructure, underscoring the need for common standards. As CIO Journal guest contributor Paul Daugherty noted last week, collaboration with a number of stakeholders will be crucial.

CIOs are contemplating how to secure and manage the multitude of new devices that could enter their companies, and how to deal with new types of data from different sources. “Enterprises have to manage that, so they have to create new management policies for the devices and how they’re connected,” Mr. Turner said.

IoT-enabled devices will also bring a number of practical questions, such as when and how to replace a sensor. “There is a life cycle that has to happen that might be different from the traditional application life cycle,” he said. Interoperability also will be a major sticking point when it comes to corporate adoption.
    rarsen, lech31, kadakn01 and 9 others like this.
    06-02-15 07:27 AM
    From Related Technologies files:

Is Sierra Wireless An Acquisition Target? - Sierra Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWIR) | Seeking Alpha
    Ripe for the picking by BlackBerry
    "The other company that Sierra Wireless and its investors should be keeping a close eye on is fellow Canadian tech company BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), which is in the process of reinventing itself from a hardware-centric company to more of a software provider. For BlackBerry the IoT is key to the future sustainability of the company, and it already has an advantage over other competitors from its reputation concerning its security and operating platform. BlackBerry already has a head start in the fleet services market as its technology is already installed in 50 million vehicles."
    06-02-15 08:10 AM
    06-02-15 08:23 AM
    Sync 3 will delay CarPlay and Android Auto long enough for the reviewers to say how much better it is. As long as Sync 3 can tether a data connection through your smartphone to pull down traffic info / apps / stream music from internet / have native apps for all of the apps that people stream music from their phone with (Deezer, Rdio, Spotify, Pandora) without requiring an in-car SIM (anybody know?) then it can do everything CarPlay / AA can do but without a hard wire.
    06-02-15 09:00 AM
    06-02-15 09:31 AM
    The Navy's news has been known for a while now (Department of Navy Chief Information Officer - News: Transition From Blackberry to Apple and Android Has Begun). It really hasn't resonated much as most media outlets do what they usually do, which is repeat the same old trivial stuff. As a matter of fact, my impression is that the Navy's news is still under the radar (pardon the pun), which is probably a good thing. It was only picked once, around the time the Navy's CIO came out with his announcement (Navy starts migration from BlackBerry to Apple and Android -- GCN) as well as this morning.

I therefore do not see a direct correlation between the Navy's news and what was announced this morning. I would hope that BBRY have their own strategy in regards to communications and make several announcements between now and their annual meeting of shareholders, on June 23rd.

I welcome interviews with Amber any day of the week but I suspect we'll have to wait for the 23rd for that one, dimi... Hope I'm wrong!
    Corbu !!!

First off, I'm always amazed how you pull together such complete information like this, I was driving to Burlington to pickup a motorcycle and all the while I was thinking that we have already heard this news before, and low and behold, you post the information! Thanks for that. I find I'm relying completely on my memory for many of the details on these investments so it sure is nice to see some confirmations while I go about my busy day.

As for BBRY, the timing couldn't have been better, on a up day in the general market, we are faced with downgrades and old news right at the 50-dma, not surprised that it collapsed on that news. We dropped down to support at $ 9.50 and today we are doing what I thought we would do, that is, base out and try to regain the 3-ema which is currently at $ 9.72/shr/US. Let's see if we can close positive, approach that price, and, pop in a day or two and regain the 50-dma at $ 9.85/shr. We are long overdue for another buyout rumour aren't we?

And then there is Amber, hey, anyone of those three women can report on my stocks anytime my friend!

I should give a shout out to HALO too, as we all know, the stock was rocked a year ago when it was thought that thrombosis was a problem in that Phase II study, this latest update proves once and for all that HALO's solution for PC has the LOWEST rate of thrombosis on the planet right now. Sad that everyone of us were subjected to that drop last year when we should have been looking at a $ 20.00 plus stock price.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 06-02-15 at 12:43 PM.
    06-02-15 09:56 AM
    Thanks for the insight again M8, think we should wait for HALO to drop down a bit before starting a position again charting wise it is still pretty up there but with all these news out I'm assuming a floor has been set so the days of $15 probably behind us

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the insight again M8, think we should wait for HALO to drop down a bit before starting a position again charting wise it is still pretty up there but with all these news out I'm assuming a floor has been set so the days of $15 probably behind us

Posted via CB10
    Hi slipstream89 !!

Good of you to realize that HALO is stair-casing its way higher as the weeks go by. I sold out my wife's position in the lower $ 17.00's thinking I could buy back those shares in the low $ 16.00's, bad idea, now, that 50-dma is raising and it is support for the rest of the year. Unless the IBB Index falls back to its 50-dma, HALO will continue to churn higher from here. The good news is that the stock is awesome, it has the best solution for most cancers out there and tons of cash to see it though. For me, the strategy has changed, I will buy back those shares on weakness and sell call options against those shares for a 2 - 3 month period. The premiums are high, we can make returns that place us in the low $ 20.00's which is where the stock is heading anyway. The days of watching the stock fall $ 2.00 are over, it follows the Index on quiet days, and is influenced by the general market too, but it is one where you need to trade the long side and stop thinking it will fill trades inside a sideways channel.

BBRY will have days like HALO when they solve the revenue riddle and start to rally, its coming but boy is it slow to develop. Let's see if we can close positive here and attack that 3-ema tomorrow. GL
    Corbu, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 18 others like this.
    06-02-15 10:57 AM
    Corbu your slipping! Lol

What some have been waiting for!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/06/...ry-10-devices/
    06-02-15 11:04 AM
    06-02-15 11:07 AM
    Corbu your slipping! Lol

What some have been waiting for!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/06/...ry-10-devices/
    How do I know when the update is available?
    Subject to carrier approvals, the global roll-out of 10.3.2 will begin in the coming weeks and will be available for the entire line of BlackBerry 10 device

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:16 AM
    We already knew we could depend on BIDNESS ETC for accurate, dependable information...
    Ford Motor Company Sync 3 Debuts In The Escape And Fiesta

Since the touchscreen can be scrolled, pinched and swiped much like any modern smartphone or tablet, Ford chose to drop Blackberry’s QNX system in favor of Sync 3.
    06-02-15 11:26 AM
    such idiots...
    06-02-15 11:32 AM
    OT: but in regards to all the rumors lately with Microsoft + BlackBerry...this may have relevance?

Think there is something there?

Microsoft to establish new data centres in Toronto and Quebec City

The Canadian Press, at 11:56 on June 02, 2015, EDT.

TORONTO - Microsoft Corp. says it will establish two new data centres in Toronto and Quebec City that will store sensitive online information from businesses and consumers.

The company says the centres will run its cloud services and be operational by the end of the year.

Concerns about moving important data to servers in the United States and overseas, as well as federal and provincial privacy legislation, have been a barrier for the adoption of cloud computing by businesses and government agencies.

But Microsoft Canada president Janet Kennedy says companies and government agencies can be confident that their data will stay in Canada and under Canadian jurisdiction.

Kennedy declined to say how many jobs would be created or how much the company was spending on the centres.
    06-02-15 11:40 AM
    I hope this time Verizon will git it a go. Can you believe that Verizon is still on os 10.2 so if you don't know how to side load you are missing alot.
    bungaboy, rarsen and zyben like this.
    06-02-15 12:03 PM
    My Sexy Red Passport is updating as I type this!
    06-02-15 12:04 PM
    Sepp Blatter is finally forced out! Chen for Fifa President!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:40 PM
    How do I know when the update is available?
    Subject to carrier approvals, the global roll-out of 10.3.2 will begin in the coming weeks and will be available for the entire line of BlackBerry 10 device

Posted via CB10
    It's available and rolling out now to the real supporters and cool people!
    06-02-15 01:03 PM
    some good news at least for existing BBRY phone users

The phone Americans love best is... (hint: it's not the iPhone) - Jun. 2, 2015

Most surprising, however, was that BlackBerry customer satisfaction increased 5% year-over-year, making it the No. 4 cell phone brand in the United States for 2015.
    06-02-15 01:20 PM
113,256 ... 33933394339533963397 ...