View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Grand River Hospital choose BBM Protect and BES12 by Blackberry
    sidhuk, rarsen, awindsr and 10 others like this.
    06-01-15 08:14 AM
    OT. Security.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...service=mobile

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    Corbu, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    06-01-15 08:15 AM
    Grand River Hospital choose BBM Protect and BES12 by Blackberry
    Indeed.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gra...k=MW_news_stmp

TORONTO, ONTARIO, Jun 01, 2015 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- eHealth Conference 2015 - BlackBerry Limited BBRY, -2.29% (BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that Grand River Hospital has chosen BlackBerry(R) 10 smartphones, BBM(TM) Protected, and BES(R)12: a multi-OS EMM solution by BlackBerry, to enable secure communications for their clinicians and staff.

Grand River Hospital provides acute care, rehabilitation services and supportive care to more than 700,000 residents. They have a mixed mobile deployment model, with corporate-deployed BlackBerry devices for management and staff and a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) model for their physicians and remaining staff. Grand River Hospital chose BBM Protected for enhanced security of communications among doctors and staff where messages reference private patient information. BBM Protected provides an additional layer of encryption to BBM messages, while using the familiar and reliable BBM interface used by millions of people around the world. BBM Protected works on iOS, Android(TM), and BlackBerry smartphones.

"We needed to give our physicians and staff a secure mobile communications tool for real-time collaboration about patient status," said Gary Higgs, Chief Information Officer of Grand River Hospital. "We considered multiple options, but BBM Protected was the ideal fit for our requirements, as it's secure, easy to use and platform agnostic, allowing us to deploy it across the range of mobile devices in our environment. The BlackBerry solution including BBM Protected and BES12 allows us to maintain the security and privacy of our patient data while empowering our users with the tools they need to provide the best possible care to our patients."

Grand River Hospital also plans on using BES12 for enterprise mobility management (EMM) to securely manage their deployment of BlackBerry 10 smartphones and enable access for physicians who use their own mobile devices such as iOS and Android smartphones to access the hospital network. BES12 can manage any mobile deployment model such as BYOD, Corporate Owned Personally Enabled (COPE) and Corporate Owned Business Only (COBO), and seamlessly supports iOS, Android, Windows Phone(R), BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 smartphones and tablets, as well as a wide range of Samsung KNOX and Android for Work smartphones and tablets.

"With BBM Protected and BES12, Grand River Hospital is able to provide a secure communications solution and support a mixed deployment model, including BYOD, while reducing the vulnerability of sensitive patient data and maintaining compliance with regulations such as PHIPA," said Mark Wilson, Chief Evangelist, BlackBerry. "BBM Protected gives staff a powerful productivity tool to communicate securely with their contacts inside and outside of the organization."

"In addition to high-quality care, the security of personal health information is one of the most important responsibilities we must fulfill for our patients," said Kathleen Lavoie, Grand River Hospital's Corporate Director of Information Management and Chief Privacy Officer. "We feel BBM Protected will be a major benefit to care providers consulting each other about a patient's needs, providing them timely information in a secure manner."

Find out more about BBM Protected at BBM Protected - United States. Find out more about BES12 at BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12 ? BES 12 ? Download BES 12 - United States.
    sidhuk, kadakn01, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    06-01-15 08:17 AM
    They lose the Navy.. but retain the local hospital as a customer. At this stage, I really hoped to see big customers decide to stay with BlackBerry. In how many years will we see the Navy back as a customer.. If ever? We all know how slow they 'move'.

Sorry for the negative tone. But a hospital doesn't make up for 30,000 devices that are being migrated away..

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:29 AM
    06-01-15 08:47 AM
    They lose the Navy.. but retain the local hospital as a customer. At this stage, I really hoped to see big customers decide to stay with BlackBerry. In how many years will we see the Navy back as a customer.. If ever? We all know how slow they 'move'.

Sorry for the negative tone. But a hospital doesn't make up for 30,000 devices that are being migrated away..
    No question.

What bothers me most is this:

To handle security, the Navy is using software containers designed by Good Technology.
    kadakn01, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    06-01-15 08:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    They will only win back the Navy contract by driving Good out of business. It will have to be done behind the scenes and quietly so the Navy can save face.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:52 AM
    So a military issued device can be crashed with a simple line of text. Hmmm.... seems like a smart move based on sound logic, thorough research, and a high interest in security
    06-01-15 09:09 AM
    So a military issued device can be crashed with a simple line of text. Hmmm.... seems like a smart move based on sound logic, thorough research, and a high interest in security
    Those ones are protected by the Navy.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-01-15 09:15 AM
    06-01-15 09:15 AM
    Don't worry, those iPhones will be so locked down it will make BBOS5 phones seem feature and app rich!

Enjoy the great keyboard sailors

06-01-15 09:17 AM
    Let's support our own is the first thought that came across my peanut brain, when I read the article. For some reason I was under the impression that the navy had already announced their intention, might be wrong.
    06-01-15 09:56 AM
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Navy's decision to end of life BlackBerry has been known for a while. Did this come as a surprise? Is this "news" what's behind today's -3% drop in the stock price?
    Last edited by notfanboy; 06-01-15 at 10:28 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-01-15 10:17 AM
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Navy's decision to end of life BlackBerry has been known for a while. Did this come as a surprise? Is this "news" what's behind today's -2.66% drop in the stock price?
    Perhaps the fact that they've known for a while now that quiet period is usually when these news items are repeated. And BlackBerry defends itself with 1) the hospital as an MDM/EMM customer and 2) the Typo settlement.. which wasn't really that big news either.

I for one would like a JC interview by Amber.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 10:24 AM
    Perhaps the fact that they've known for a while now that quiet period is usually when these news items are repeated. And BlackBerry defends itself with 1) the hospital as an MDM/EMM customer and 2) the Typo settlement.. which wasn't really that big news either.

I for one would like a JC interview by Amber.
    The Navy's news has been known for a while now (Department of Navy Chief Information Officer - News: Transition From Blackberry to Apple and Android Has Begun). It really hasn't resonated much as most media outlets do what they usually do, which is repeat the same old trivial stuff. As a matter of fact, my impression is that the Navy's news is still under the radar (pardon the pun), which is probably a good thing. It was only picked once, around the time the Navy's CIO came out with his announcement (Navy starts migration from BlackBerry to Apple and Android -- GCN) as well as this morning.

I therefore do not see a direct correlation between the Navy's news and what was announced this morning. I would hope that BBRY have their own strategy in regards to communications and make several announcements between now and their annual meeting of shareholders, on June 23rd.

I welcome interviews with Amber any day of the week but I suspect we'll have to wait for the 23rd for that one, dimi... Hope I'm wrong!
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-01-15 at 11:21 AM.
    06-01-15 10:43 AM
    06-01-15 11:11 AM
    If they know the revenue won't meet Wall Street expectation, why can't Chen warn/pre-announce? Instead he relies on cutting the headcount at the last minute to manipulate the fuzzy EPS. I can't image the upcoming 3 weeks of market terror inflicted upon the stock price. It has already occurred in the last two quarters. No new investors dare to step in to pick up shares with 52-week low just a stone's throw away.
    06-01-15 11:11 AM
    Jan '17 $8 @ 2.75.

Should put BBRY "all the way through" = time for recovery, growth, or buyout.

Must be some news on the 23rd. Really crappy numbers countered with a partnership? Who does an ER on a Tuesday? That screwed up my June calls, as the 19th expiry are not getting any ER premium. They're in the Sh$&tter. Need another buyout rumour so I can unload them :P
    06-01-15 11:12 AM
    I might be stupid for this, but I've read this site for a while without getting involved and have taken the leap: I support BlackBerry (I'm Canadian, so I support BB and I buy shares!). I know it's risky but I like Chen's attitude and have faith in the vision. If I wanted a quick profit, I wouldn't have bought in but I'm in it for the long haul and want to support this great Canadian company. The upcoming ER may not be fantastic, but the long term picture will be great. Let's go BB!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 18 others like this.
    06-01-15 11:18 AM
    Hey ya'll. I'm alive, just so you know! Hope everyone is well and so on!
    What up Kid?!? So cool you posted, I was just asking about you not long ago. Hope you're doing ok bud.

Posted via Passport
    06-01-15 12:09 PM
    Now now, the text does contain arabic text. That could constitute a hostile act except for the fact the text translated to gibberish. :rotfl

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:32 PM
    Ot: Since we love brokerage firms like our MS, here is a little short read.

Merrill Lynch pays $11 mln to settle short sale violations (Thomson Reuters)

By Sarah N. Lynch

WASHINGTON, June 1 (Reuters) - Units of Bank of America's Merrill Lynch admitted on Monday to violating certain federal rules by using inaccurate data for short sale orders and agreed to pay $11 million to settle the case, U.S. regulators announced.

As part of the settlement, Merrill Lynch also agreed to retain an independent compliance consultant, the Securities and Exchange Commision said. (Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch; Editing by Bill Trott)
    06-01-15 01:57 PM
    So $11 million + $100,000/yr for an overpaid employee and everyone avoids going to jail ? Sounds like a good deal to me. Guaranteed that they made multitudes more than that In profits.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, kayuz6, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-01-15 02:04 PM
    Are there just a bunch of huge buy orders at $9.49?? I see it dipped to 9.47 but I'm sure they just set a sell that low to test a breakdown...
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    06-01-15 02:07 PM
    So $11 million + $100,000/yr for an overpaid employee and everyone avoids going to jail ? Sounds like a good deal to me. Guaranteed that they made multitudes more than that In profits.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you, it's a slap on the wrists. Why don't they give us the same deal? Lol
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-01-15 03:50 PM
113,256 ... 33923393339433953396 ...