View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sooo...

Not sure our friend Faucette had a good day, here... We had closed at 9.81. We opened at 9.70 and we close at 9.71. On average volume. I guess he would have hoped for more bang for his buck! Could it be his act is getting tired...
    03-16-15 03:04 PM
    Morgan Stanley out with a terrible note. Warning only click if nothing bugs you.
    Read the link and it tells you everything.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) Sales Not Even Close, Says Morgan Stanley | Benzinga
    Pretty weak. I predicted the MS FUD release was coming soon, but I expected something a little more educated/meaty than this. I guess since they already have a $7 PT they couldn't really reduce it and make a dent in the SP....because they are going to look really bad on March 27th. 8000 passport and classics sold at AT&T US launch in the first two weeks. Maybe at retail level...since no one had any stock -- they were filling enterprise orders....
    Last edited by spiller; 03-16-15 at 05:31 PM.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-16-15 05:06 PM
    This is starting to look like the launch of Z10, everybody was saying that sales were low... they were right.
    early2bed and CDM76 like this.
    03-16-15 05:09 PM
    Leaky faucette....annoying as always..... need to replace that faucette altogether to solve the problem.
    03-16-15 05:10 PM
    Its talking about AT&T , not Rogers/Telus/Bell. MS is saying there has to be substantial units sold in the US to reach the worldwide target.
    He put the 8000 number out there and posited it was well short of 2-3MM classic sales required, and 10M hardware sales annually to break even. FUD.
    03-16-15 05:23 PM
    "Worse, we received feedback describing BES12 support for Android and iOS devices as �patchy� and found customers complaining of poor communications regarding the support expiration that took place last month. We think customer defections post-EZ Pass could prove to be as high as 50% and our conversations have not at all pointed to the broad upsell needed to get anywhere close to management�s target of $500M in software revenue in FY16. "

I do not have any legal background, but is the above statement already enough to cause a defamation? What is meant by "customer defections post-EZ Pass could prove to be as high as 50%"? This can be hurtful to the BES sales. Can Blackberry do anything to sue/stop these bashers? They have really gone too far this time.

Posted via CB10
    They will have conversion numbers "post EZ-pass" on the 27th. Then they will use this dribble and say through the summer defections will be 50%. Desperation
    03-16-15 05:25 PM
    Pretty weak. I predicted the MS FUD release was coming soon, but I expected something a little more educated/meaty than this. I guess since they already have a $7 PT they couldn't really reduce it and make a dent in the SP....because they are going to look really bad on March 27th. And Benzinga didn't even update their 8000 unit sales misquote? Had to be a misquote. Must have meant 800,000.

We should be thankful, for the low evaluation on the phone side.
    Let's go BlackBerry only 8000 phones to sell and we beat the analyst recommendation. Lol
    03-16-15 05:51 PM
    Michael Clewley is offering $100 off Passport and $75 off Classic at ShopBlackBerry.com on his BBM Channel. Just have to email him for a code.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:12 PM
    He put the 8000 number out there and posited it was well short of 2-3MM classic sales required, and 10M hardware sales annually to break even. FUD.
    I don't think even Chen is holding to the 10M figure anymore so that part is meaningless. As long as the margins are good he'll comment that things looking up in the ER. Handsets are a near-term problem to a transition to a software/services company supported by hardware so its BES12 adoption that should be the focus for longer term investors not whether BB sold 8,000 or even 80,000 via retail store in the US in a month.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    03-16-15 06:41 PM
    Michael Clewley is offering $100 off Passport and $75 off Classic at ShopBlackBerry.com on his BBM Channel. Just have to email him for a code.

Posted via CB10
    Lots of people are giving out coupons it seems. All BlackBerry employees seem to be offering coupons on their bbm status update, channel updates.

Looks like friends and family discount going on @ BlackBerry.

Good for us!

I am now waiting intently for the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:42 PM
    From the BBC...
    BBC News - Blackberry firm unveils new high-security tablet

Too bad one can't reach this reporter.

We could enlighten her with some basic information, since she seems too lazy or incompetent to do her job properly:

It's BlackBerry and not Blackberry.
    It's SecuTABLET and not Secutablet.
    It's CeBIT and not CeBit.
    Unless I am mistaken, this "The Secutablet is compatible with Blackberry 10..." is inaccurate.
    I also have some reservations about the "expert"'s take on things, but that's just me. Why bring up Silent Circle altogether, in this instance.

Nothing major, but a shameful sloppiness on the part of the BBC, I think.

Edit: Turns out she is on Twitter. I am not. If any one of you cares to pass the information along, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    https://twitter.com/zsk
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-16-15 at 07:04 PM.
    03-16-15 06:47 PM
    Sooo...

Not sure our friend Faucette had a good day, here... We had closed at 9.81. We opened at 9.70 and we close at 9.71. On average volume. I guess he would have hoped for more bang for his buck! Could it be his act is getting tired...
    I was a little disappointed that he failed to bring down the SP that much with the reiteration of $7 PT. I was hoping to pick up more shares at even lower price but I guess I'd have to make do with $9.72.
    3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    03-16-15 08:00 PM
    Is it me or what.. but last couple of days we have some new faces or haven't been in this thread for sometime

#BBFactCheck
    3MIKE, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    03-16-15 08:10 PM
    We should be thankful, for the low evaluation on the phone side.
    Let's go BlackBerry only 8000 phones to sell and we beat the analyst recommendation. Lol
    But he still put sell through at 1.5M this quarter. That is not a low number. I'm not so sure we will hit that. But I do think hardware will be higher margin and more profitable than last Q, lower unit sell through, maybe about the same revenue. Last quarter was help heavily by at cost pricing of the old models.
    03-16-15 08:21 PM
    Just read the Citron Reasearch report from June of last year. I think of any analyst reports I've read these guys really seem to get it. They have a link in the report to a list of the top 50 plus applications for sensors in IOT. It basically reads like John Chens checklist. After reflecting on the date of this report and where he has taken the company so far, it is truly an admirable achievement. Probably posted before, but it's worth reading again to see the progress John Chen has made in such a short period of time. Healthcare, logistics, automotive, etc....

http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-con...ings-final.pdf
    03-16-15 09:39 PM
    But he still put sell through at 1.5M this quarter. That is not a low number. I'm not so sure we will hit that. But I do think hardware will be higher margin and more profitable than last Q, lower unit sell through, maybe about the same revenue. Last quarter was help heavily by at cost pricing of the old models.
    Just remember not too long ago, the Cowen report puts the Z3 sales between 850K to 1M per Q.
    So we may not be that far off the 1.5M estimate.
    03-16-15 09:42 PM
    JC said they now make money on every device sold....so....why should they mention actual numbers of hardware devices sold if they are profitable in that segment?

Just report the revenue made, and get on with life....talk about the bigger picture.

Handsets are a small chapter in this new book they are writing about....
    03-16-15 09:45 PM
    JC said they now make money on every device sold....so....why should they mention actual numbers of hardware devices sold if they are profitable in that segment?

Just report the revenue made, and get on with life....talk about the bigger picture.

Handsets are a small chapter in this new book they are writing about....
    Don't get me wrong and I agree with you. But until it actually happens the bears MS/GS will continually attack the shrinking device sales and pressure the sp everytime. Hopefully this would be the last time they can do this as we see start to some growth on BES licensing in the current Q.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-16-15 09:59 PM
    Well, it is a shame really..... and sad on their part.

Bunch of oxygen thieves.

Just want to add that articles focusing on handsets and sell through is so played out and old school now. That metric no longer defines the company like it once did. That just tells me the author is still stuck in the past when it comes to evaluating BlackBerry. Makes me wonder how they still have a job writing about the tech industry as if we are still in 2012 or 2013. So laughable to still come across articles and forum posts that devote the entire article/post on handsets and then try to draw a conclusion on the company.
    Corbu, rim4ever, CDM76 and 5 others like this.
    03-16-15 10:31 PM
    Oh man, thanks SF!

Pink colored beer?

... to go with my long-term outlook on BBRY?
    it's called a Monaco: a mix of beer (lager) and grenadine. Turned out to dethrone CBK addition to Campari !
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    03-17-15 02:45 AM
    Is it me or what.. but last couple of days we have some new faces or haven't been in this thread for sometime
    #BBFactCheck
    You probably mean : "hey, welcome to the new faces or returning buddies ! Waiting impatiently for your valuable contributions "
    3MIKE, georg4BB, rim4ever and 11 others like this.
    03-17-15 02:51 AM
    Also it seems as though many of these guys have not realised that Blackberry is also no longer in the MDM business but the EMM business.

This changes a lot. It changes the size of the market they are targeting, the margins and the scope of the products they are offering.

Even I get it and it isn't my job to do this kindof research!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 04:15 AM
    Fairfax picked up another 45k shares:

Mar 11/15 Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Indirect Ownership Common Shares 10 - Acquisition in the public market 45,000 $9.86
    3MIKE, CDM76, georg4BB and 17 others like this.
    03-17-15 05:43 AM
    Fairfax picked up another 45k shares:
    Small but a vote of confidence

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    03-17-15 06:24 AM
    OT : I saw the end of this show yesterday, a solid & deep investigation about "what's behind - the dream provided by - your mobile". China is of course their main playfield but also RDC (Congo-Kinshasa) ...
    They point out many scary points regarding pollution in particular and how it become our new "religion".
    This team is well known for pointing out business dark side, without gloves. Warning, may not fit all.

This will be French only, but I know some of you can handle that (that's 2 hours !). And you won't waste your time.
    There's a few - supposed - attacks that include BlackBerry but as much as I support them, I see no reason I couldn't point out behaviors that don't fit with my personal feeling regarding our world.

One flavor abstract (the reporter is using Siri to answer her questions); see how deep "double talk" is even embedded into core apps ...
    reporter : "how are you made ?"
    Siri :"me ?"
    Rep :"yes, you"
    Siri : "I prefer not answer about that"
    rep: "do you respect human rights ?"
    Siri : "ok, well maybe not, indeed"
    rep : "why ?"
    Siri :"I don't know. And to tell the truth, I wonder why too".
    rep:"are you built by children ?"
    Siri:"I'm so sorry"
    rep: "why?"
    Siri : "fault confessed is half redressed"

Of course, this investigation is subject to caution and you may want to take it with a pinch of salt.

Cash Investigation de France 2 du 16 mars 2015 en replay

EDIT : appears this a rebroadcast of an ancient show. Wasn't advertized on the site ... but then I saw the "RIM" logo ... and some friends alerted me. Sorry then for scratching up old info.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-17-15 at 10:39 AM.
    03-17-15 06:57 AM
113,256 ... 32673268326932703271 ...