View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Superfly if you get the chance, the movie Get On Up with Chadwick Boseman playing James Brown is pretty crazy. Have a great weekend all. It's been a prosperous week...as far as BBRY goes.
    OT alert !

Thanks, On Blue Ray this exact morning ... Just finished my "home cinema" setting (46" - 117 4K + BRD sony + Amplifier) that I left unfinished since last september and I must say that some windows are going to vibrate a few in the coming days

Have a great week gang !
    01-26-15 04:21 AM
    On the banking side, I'm not quite sure what Chen is asking us to do. If he's asking that we use HTML5 to make our apps, that is sort of pointless since we already have a mobile site that our customers can access. Packaging that same site into an app doesn't make sense for us or our customers.
    Then IMHO, you're clearly not on Chen's radar.
    Not a perfect situation, yet a fair one: probably the one he's asking for.
    CDM76, jxnb and georg4BB like this.
    01-26-15 04:30 AM
    Morning after the storm !

"What's apin" translate : quel sapin lol
    ZayDub likes this.
    01-26-15 06:14 AM
    Interesting read...nothing new but interesting: http://andrewseybold.com/3514-blackb...iple-platforms

Classically Posted.
    rarsen, Superfly_FR, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-26-15 06:27 AM
    Ok, just saw Bla1ze post (thanks for that!) and I believe my post was the kind that could lead to armagedon so I decided to delete it (and a few likes/thanks) but as music sweetens soul, I only leave that jewel in place.

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-26-15 at 06:41 AM.
    01-26-15 06:30 AM
    Hang in there guys the shorters are working over time today remember if they sell it short and nobody bites then it will end up costing them more in the end.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:58 AM
    Ok, just saw Bla1ze post (thanks for that!) and I believe my post was the kind that could lead to armagedon so I decided to delete it (and a few likes/thanks) but as music sweetens soul, I only leave that jewel in place.

Superfly_FR !!

Do you honestly think that your good choices in classic music had anything to do with the rumble in BlackBerry apps topic yesterday? Ha!

I think Bla1ze needed to go back a couple of pages and listen to those music videos to relax. It got heated here yesterday and we needed a time out, nothing to do with the OT distraction like yours. LOL

BBRY is holding just above the $ 10.51/shr 50-dma level today, nice to see it is doing so well on basically no concrete news the past few weeks. We just have to tackle and clear the $ 11.10/shr level and it is clear sailing from there. Can I have some music while we wait? Thanks
    01-26-15 09:50 AM
    @Morgan what are your thoughts of bbry for this week. Will it be volatile and do you think there will be another breaking news of the take over again.

#BBFactCheck
    01-26-15 10:06 AM
    @Morgan what are your thoughts of bbry for this week. Will it be volatile and do you think there will be another breaking news of the take over again.

#BBFactCheck
    Hi Masterful !!!

Obviously I have no idea what news is coming on the takeover front, for that, you have to count trades and look at the bid/ask to see if there is a pattern or not. We have seen a ton of stock trade above $ 10.00/shr now and that means we are well into support here. And so the scene is set now for some positive news to drive the stock much higher. We only need to close above that area just above $ 11.00/shr now and that's not much of a stretch these days. The fact that mere rumours are the only thing driving the stock and causing it to hold above important levels demonstrates that the stock is ready to rally now.

I can see us spending some time in this area, after all, 6.5 hours of trade is enough for MM's to move the stock up/down several times throughout the day. In the end, I see us going much higher in the weeks ahead.
    jxnb, Corbu, randall2580 and 8 others like this.
    01-26-15 10:18 AM
    Who at BlackBerry do I forward this email to?

As devices are created and society becomes more connected, how does this affect our security? More importantly, what role will the IoT (Internet of Things) play in the industrial enterprise?

If you believe you have the solution or an answer to these questions, your company should be participating in the 2015 Connected World Conference tabletop exhibit hall.

This year�s two-day event will feature an exhibit hall for networking that will showcase organizations looking to raise awareness, assist in knowledge, and distribute information to help corporations.

Attendees are looking to learn what they can do to prevent (or correct) a cyber breach � make sure you are on hand to demonstrate your expertise. To become an exhibitor at this event, please email Lynne Flakus.

The Connected World Conference, being held February 23-24 in partnership with University of Alabama at Birmingham�s Center for Information Assurance and Joint Forensics Research (The Center), will gather professionals looking to network and develop relationships to build a better ecosystem in the IoT marketplace.

Traveling to Birmingham?
    Reserve a room at the Birmingham Marriott for the special rate of $130 per night (not including tax). Book today!

Register to Attend
    Space is extremely limited at this year�s event; make sure to register to attend today.

Posted from my PassPort
    01-26-15 10:18 AM
    01-26-15 10:49 AM
    just to add from a Senior Tech writer:

"Christy Wyatt, CEO of Good Technology, has reportedly made a major reduction in its work force as she moves to improve its financial picture ahead of taking the company public.

I believe their IPO was delayed until they can show a profit....

Good Technology is ...."not good enough"
    01-26-15 11:15 AM
    just to add from a Senior Tech writer:

"Christy Wyatt, CEO of Good Technology, has reportedly made a major reduction in its work force as she moves to improve its financial picture ahead of taking the company public.

I believe their IPO was delayed until they can show a profit....

Good Technology is ...."not good enough"
    Indeed.

Good Technology cuts staff in layoff as it prepares for IPO - Silicon Valley Business Journal
    01-26-15 11:18 AM
    we're delivering world-class mobile security solutions and becoming more efficient. As a result, we've never been better positioned as the leader in secure mobility and are continuing to bring innovative solutions to market that fortify our leadership position."

Leader????
    Prove it. I see no evidence, just BS

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-26-15 11:42 AM
    More reading on Edward Snowden and iphone.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/he...201100699.html
    awindsr, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-26-15 11:45 AM
    http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/bl...-all-time.html

Demand for BlackBerry app developers hits all-time low, study says

BlackBerry

BlackBerry recently introduced the BlackBerry Classic. Is there a demand for it?

Interest in BlackBerry Ltd.'s mobile platform is at an all-time low, according to a report in ITPortal.com.

According to the ITPortal, a new study by the freelance group Elance-oDesk found that demand for BlackBerry app developers has fallen to an all-time low, with a whopping 97 percent fewer jobs posted for BlackBerry work compared to iOS developers.

Elance-oDesk also said that money available for those BlackBerry-related jobs is low compared to Android and iOS. BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY), which has its U.S. headquarters in Irving, holds less than 1 percent of the mobile market.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and laketrout73 like this.
    01-26-15 11:47 AM
    Poor Good technology. Beat them good

#BBFactCheck
    01-26-15 11:49 AM
    Demand for BlackBerry app developers hits all-time low, study says - Dallas Business Journal

Demand for BlackBerry app developers hits all-time low, study says

BlackBerry

BlackBerry recently introduced the BlackBerry Classic. Is there a demand for it?

Interest in BlackBerry Ltd.'s mobile platform is at an all-time low, according to a report in ITPortal.com.

According to the ITPortal, a new study by the freelance group Elance-oDesk found that demand for BlackBerry app developers has fallen to an all-time low, with a whopping 97 percent fewer jobs posted for BlackBerry work compared to iOS developers.

Elance-oDesk also said that money available for those BlackBerry-related jobs is low compared to Android and iOS. BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY), which has its U.S. headquarters in Irving, holds less than 1 percent of the mobile market.

Posted via CB10
    ask Sony !
    lol
    awindsr, CDM76 and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-26-15 11:51 AM
    Zzzzz... someone wake me when trading resumes!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-26-15 11:51 AM
    http://www.midasletter.com/2015/01/b...s-choice/Apple

(NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone orBlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)? BlackBerry is the President's Choice

When it comes to Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhones or BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSE:BB), I can�t help but notice that U.S. tech media is quick to pounce on Blackberry should anybody in the Blackberry universe provide anything that might be construed as ammunition to the juvenile mindset of Apple iPone evangelists everywhere. But here�s a fact no amount of rabid pro-Apple iPhone hack can dispute: the majority of the Presidents of the G7 nations prefer a BlackBerry.

And before you Apple fanatics go for my jugular, I own an Apple G5, Macbook Pro, iPad and yes, even an iPhone.

So please don�t pillory me as one of �those Blackberry people�. I just recognize the superiority of Blackberry as a business tool. Though I do keep my iPhone as a fun toy. Which causes me to scratch my had when I see Apple iPhone martyrs wasting their time presenting the iPhone as a device mature adults would use and expect to be taken seriously.

And for Canadians, it�s just plain patriotic to own a BlackBerry. The device was invented in Canada, was the world�s first leading smart phone with email capabilities, and could be again. Embarrassingly, the Prime Minister of Canada does not use a BlackBerry, nor any smart phone for that matter, sending yet another wrong message and missing an opportunity to promote a homegrown Canadian technology.

Barack Obama �Loves� his BlackBerry

Barack Obama�s love for his BlackBerry is legendary. Most recently, he famously delayed takeoff of Marine One helicopter in November last year after he�d forgotten his BlackBerry in the White House.

Despite rumours in 2014 that Obama would be switching to an Android device, the high profile flight delay demonstrates clearly that he means it when he says �They�re going to have to pry it out of my hands� in reference to his BlackBerry.

Besides Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, John Bohner, Angela Merkel, David Cameron, Hilary Clinton, Tony Abbott (Australia), and just about every single Central Banker and Finance Minister in the G20 are known to prefer BlackBerry, thanks to its reliable security and tactile keyboard. In fact, if walk around Washington and the White House, every politician or lobbyist prefers BlackBerry.

Edward Snowden�s revelations that the National Security Agency of the United States was routinely eavesdropping on everyone from world leaders to it�s own people has given pause to many would-be iPhone users. Of all the phone hacking scandals among celebrities, and in every known instance of recordings, a BlackBerry has never been implicated as the defeated device. If you recall, Saudi Arabia and India temporarily banned BlackBerry from government use precisely because it�s security was SO good. That contrasts sharply with revelations that Apple devices are built with accommodative technology to assist the NSA in accessing the phone conversations of its users.

In Davos, everyone from U.K. Chancellor George Osborne to senior executives of Goldman Sachs were seen talking on BlackBerry iPhones.

While some industry observers suggest that it�s BlackBerry�s security that has been the main attraction for government leaders, users of BlackBerry know that its the tactile keyboard and uncluttered desktop that are its main loyalty drivers. While BlackBerry�s enterprise grade security is the choice of security agencies worldwide, Apple�s recently announced partnership with IBM may result in comparable security features. Its just a question of when.

With such a long list of presidential and power broker endorsements, there should be no surprise then that BlackBerry�s stock has been on a powerful resurgence since we first opined that investors should consider buying the stock back in July 2014.

Blackberry�s stock price has been on a tear since CEO John Chen�s turnaround strategy started to look like it was working.

BlackBerry�s Shares Have Been on a Tear

Persistent rumours of an alleged $7.5 billion takeout offer from rival smartphone maker Samsung have proven unsubstantiated so far. But that hasn�t stopped the stock from spiking twice on the back of such innuendo. More importantly, as those rumours have subsided, BlackBerry is nonetheless demonstrating incremental value appreciation. A look at its most recent financial statements provides a glimpse of why that is.

On a year over year basis, BlackBerry has been struggling with shrinking market share. But as Davos and world leaders amply demonstrate, there is a hard core user group who will always choose a BlackBerry over an Apple iPhone. And importantly, it can�t be denied that this would be a high value user group. In the case of Davos users, we are talking about the top 1%.

What is apparent is that BlackBerry is not going to just disappear. Expenses have been reined in, and though sales continue to weaken, the bottom appears to be in. The company�s new Passport is attracting a new legion of hard core fans, and the company�s prospects appear to brightening. Large institutional investors have been seen adding to their positions of late, and the company still have over $1.5 billion in cash.

With BlackBerry remaining the president�s choice of smart phones, investors are obviously bullish on the company�s outlook.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 11:55 AM
    http://www.thecsuite.co.uk/CIO/index...re-prices-4545

Today's CIO @ The C Suite

A new research note issued by Berenberg Bank says the BlackBerry share price will be unable to deliver long-term gains.

The call on BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) comes as the consumer technology shows a clear shift in strategy.

Unfortunately for investors, the change is coming too late in the opinion of Adnaan Ahmad, analyst at Berenberg.

Nevertheless, there will certainly be a number of investors who will back Ahmad's view that, "the shift to a service/software/messaging business model is the right strategy for BlackBerry."

But, Berenberg are of the view that, " However, the change came too late. We expect the hardware business to remain loss making, despite the temporary margin improvement on the back of the Passport and Classic model launches. We also believe its service revenue will be under attack as subscriber numbers and ARPU decline."

The BlackBerry stock is a Sell with a target share price held at USD.500.

Commenting on the investment case behind BBRY, Ahmad says:

"We do not expect BlackBerry�s hardware business to be profitmaking, even though the coming quarters� margins can be temporarily lifted by the recognition of Passport and Classic revenue/profitability. We expect the positive margin impact from new model launches to be short-lived, similar to the BB10 launch.

"We remain sceptical about BlackBerry�s software model, and believe the company may struggle to achieve its USD500m software revenue target."

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:05 PM
    http://www.midasletter.com/2015/01/b...s-choice/Apple

(NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone orBlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)? BlackBerry is the President's Choice

When it comes to Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhones or BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSE:BB), I can�t help but notice that U.S. tech media is quick to pounce on Blackberry should anybody in the Blackberry universe provide anything that might be construed as ammunition to the juvenile mindset of Apple iPone evangelists everywhere. But here�s a fact no amount of rabid pro-Apple iPhone hack can dispute: the majority of the Presidents of the G7 nations prefer a BlackBerry.

And before you Apple fanatics go for my jugular, I own an Apple G5, Macbook Pro, iPad and yes, even an iPhone.

So please don�t pillory me as one of �those Blackberry people�. I just recognize the superiority of Blackberry as a business tool. Though I do keep my iPhone as a fun toy. Which causes me to scratch my had when I see Apple iPhone martyrs wasting their time presenting the iPhone as a device mature adults would use and expect to be taken seriously.

And for Canadians, it�s just plain patriotic to own a BlackBerry. The device was invented in Canada, was the world�s first leading smart phone with email capabilities, and could be again. Embarrassingly, the Prime Minister of Canada does not use a BlackBerry, nor any smart phone for that matter, sending yet another wrong message and missing an opportunity to promote a homegrown Canadian technology.

Barack Obama �Loves� his BlackBerry

Barack Obama�s love for his BlackBerry is legendary. Most recently, he famously delayed takeoff of Marine One helicopter in November last year after he�d forgotten his BlackBerry in the White House.

Despite rumours in 2014 that Obama would be switching to an Android device, the high profile flight delay demonstrates clearly that he means it when he says �They�re going to have to pry it out of my hands� in reference to his BlackBerry.

Besides Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, John Bohner, Angela Merkel, David Cameron, Hilary Clinton, Tony Abbott (Australia), and just about every single Central Banker and Finance Minister in the G20 are known to prefer BlackBerry, thanks to its reliable security and tactile keyboard. In fact, if walk around Washington and the White House, every politician or lobbyist prefers BlackBerry.

Edward Snowden�s revelations that the National Security Agency of the United States was routinely eavesdropping on everyone from world leaders to it�s own people has given pause to many would-be iPhone users. Of all the phone hacking scandals among celebrities, and in every known instance of recordings, a BlackBerry has never been implicated as the defeated device. If you recall, Saudi Arabia and India temporarily banned BlackBerry from government use precisely because it�s security was SO good. That contrasts sharply with revelations that Apple devices are built with accommodative technology to assist the NSA in accessing the phone conversations of its users.

In Davos, everyone from U.K. Chancellor George Osborne to senior executives of Goldman Sachs were seen talking on BlackBerry iPhones.

While some industry observers suggest that it�s BlackBerry�s security that has been the main attraction for government leaders, users of BlackBerry know that its the tactile keyboard and uncluttered desktop that are its main loyalty drivers. While BlackBerry�s enterprise grade security is the choice of security agencies worldwide, Apple�s recently announced partnership with IBM may result in comparable security features. Its just a question of when.

With such a long list of presidential and power broker endorsements, there should be no surprise then that BlackBerry�s stock has been on a powerful resurgence since we first opined that investors should consider buying the stock back in July 2014.

Blackberry�s stock price has been on a tear since CEO John Chen�s turnaround strategy started to look like it was working.

BlackBerry�s Shares Have Been on a Tear

Persistent rumours of an alleged $7.5 billion takeout offer from rival smartphone maker Samsung have proven unsubstantiated so far. But that hasn�t stopped the stock from spiking twice on the back of such innuendo. More importantly, as those rumours have subsided, BlackBerry is nonetheless demonstrating incremental value appreciation. A look at its most recent financial statements provides a glimpse of why that is.

On a year over year basis, BlackBerry has been struggling with shrinking market share. But as Davos and world leaders amply demonstrate, there is a hard core user group who will always choose a BlackBerry over an Apple iPhone. And importantly, it can�t be denied that this would be a high value user group. In the case of Davos users, we are talking about the top 1%.

What is apparent is that BlackBerry is not going to just disappear. Expenses have been reined in, and though sales continue to weaken, the bottom appears to be in. The company�s new Passport is attracting a new legion of hard core fans, and the company�s prospects appear to brightening. Large institutional investors have been seen adding to their positions of late, and the company still have over $1.5 billion in cash.

With BlackBerry remaining the president�s choice of smart phones, investors are obviously bullish on the company�s outlook.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry a phone for the one percenters

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-26-15 12:14 PM
    The BlackBerry stock is a Sell with a target share price held at USD.500.

Is that 500.00 dollars US? I got to fallow that analyst!
    01-26-15 12:31 PM
    Wondering why the volume is so low

#BBFactCheck
    01-26-15 01:05 PM
    Superfly_FR !!
    Do you honestly think that your good choices in classic music had anything to do with the rumble in BlackBerry apps topic yesterday? Ha!
    Morgan !!!
    In fact, my post was Greek and France related and I must say I'm happy it was late last night for most of you
    It was probably a potential "bomb" so I deleted it.

About Bla1ze, I'm glad he's around and act without taking in account past history.
    We have to remind that users won't rewind to see who was right/wrong in the first place or who started the fight. That's the way it is : they'll set their mind exactly as he does : instantly.
    I've not seen the "battle" here so I won't comment on what happened ...
    Us, the "old guard" here must show how smart we are.
    !!! Just coz' we are !!!

Cheers all, gota go, just be nice (and use the report button), as usual !

Edit: and then, I finally understand you didn't meant what I thought it was ... * blush*.
    So my answer is ... well, oh ... maybe
    01-26-15 01:06 PM
113,256 ... 31613162316331643165 ...