Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry Corbu...missed that one from you.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    It's all good, Shanerredflag! Have a good day!
    12-22-14 08:52 AM
    Not sure if anyone posted this....nice looking ad!

BlackBerry
    12-22-14 09:02 AM
    Not sure if anyone posted this....nice looking ad!

BlackBerry
    Notice is said BlackBerry and Google. Hummm????

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-22-14 09:10 AM
    I wonder if the shorts are GREEN with envy today w/ BBRYs price action LOL

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-22-14 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    You might be on to something.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141222_094125.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141222_094111.png

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    jxnb, Corbu, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    12-22-14 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well of course it does. BES12 is being marketed as cross platform EMM. Android also has the largest market share.... pretty logical decision.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-22-14 09:47 AM
    There were rumors recently that QNX is working on a 64bit release including virtualization and other features you would normally see on desktops.

This is not something people would normally make up. The fact that the person mentioned the two features together confirms they are software or computer engineer.

Chen keeps hinting "one device". With virtualization you can completely emulate another operating system and have it run concurrently within another operating system. The CPU is shared, the ram is shared but they are mutually exclusive. This is already widely used in enterprise.

With the dual sim setup, it is very possible to have BB10 running on one perimeter and Android on the other. I'm not talking about Android apps, I'm talking about Android everything.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:01 AM
    This is what came out from a BBRY rumour channel:

Next QNX kernel update

64 bit processes
    Virtualization
    Power Management
    Kernel Introspection
    Memory Partitioning
    Optimize kernel per-cpu data layout for better cache performance
    12-22-14 10:07 AM
    ANDROID LOLLIPOP AND BES12: BETTER TOGETHER

Android Lollipop delivers key enterprise functionality and addresses any previous enterprise security concerns. BES12 supports Android Lollipop, allowing you to confidently deploy Android devices in your organization.

AND IT'S GETTING EVEN BETTER

Soon, new features available through Android and BES12 will enable organizations to further secure enterprise and personal data on Android devices, set new levels of hardware based encryption, ensure tight integration with Google Play� for increased application management, while delivering a consistent end-user and management experience across their Android fleet.
    12-22-14 10:10 AM
    Well of course it does. BES12 is being marketed as cross platform EMM. Android also has the largest market share.... pretty logical decision.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    I was pointing towards google services available under security or in a sand box arrangement. It says google and blackberry working together. I am not sure if it is any different than working with samsung knox?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-22-14 10:11 AM
    $10.39 and climbing. LCJ might be wearing a green shirt!!
    12-22-14 10:18 AM
    Happy day gang!!
    Analysts are weighing in today on mobile phone maker BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), stun-gun producer TASER International, Inc. (NASDAQ:TASR), and mass coupon concern Groupon Inc (NASDAQ:GRPN). Here's a quick roundup of today's bullish brokerage notes on BBRY, TASR, and GRPN.

•BBRY is modestly higher ahead of the bell, as early traders adopt a glass-half-full approach to the latest round of analyst notes. On one hand, TD Securities upgraded BlackBerry Ltd to "buy" from "hold," and Raymond James hiked its price target to $11 from $10.50 (and maintained a "market perform" opinion). On the other hand, J.P. Morgan Securities and RBC trimmed their respective price targets to $10 and $11. On Friday, BBRY slipped just 0.8% to land at $9.99, as traders panned the company's latest earnings report. However, the stock found a foothold atop its 50-week moving average, which has supported pullbacks since mid-June.
    12-22-14 10:22 AM
    M+8,
    Now that the SP is trading above $10.40 is the support at $10.29?
    Thank you as always!
    12-22-14 10:24 AM
    I wonder if the shorts are GREEN with envy today w/ BBRYs price action LOL

And wearing their brown loafers too?
    12-22-14 10:25 AM
    And wearing their brown loafers too?
    Haha touche!

bungaboy likes this.
    12-22-14 10:26 AM
    *whistle*
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-22-14 10:35 AM

Drake's account.
    154,000 likes.
    FWIW, I was at the Raptors game last night and BlackBerry Classic ads were everywhere, around the arena and courtside, including Drake himself. They also had a booth in the arena (ACC, where the Leafs and Raptors play) with Classic demo models. I was really impressed by it and the device is definitely what the Q10 should have been. Was a bit surprised by the lack of Passport demo units, just the demo people had them in hand. There were 3 demo people for the booth which wasn't too big.

Also during the game, they ran the Raptors' GM commercial on the jumbotron about the Passport a few times - which I think it's well done.

This is just one sports arena but I felt the marketing was done right and effective....and this was a bit surprising to me. It got the message across well I felt.
    12-22-14 11:08 AM
    Wow, there has been a lot of action around here, I keep reading and following links and thinking "that's right" or "thats's wrong" and I keeping thinking I need to add my two cents, so, for those who care, here is my missive from the "Stormfront"

Lots of chatter about who's pumping and who's dump and who here, exactly, works for BlackBerry... and what colour are their shoes?

Lots of people focusing on the handsets - the public face of the company - we want more, we want faster, we want next years specs! On and on it goes. I don't work for Blackberry, I do own shares (little compared to most, a lot compared to some), I don't play the options (or the ponies), I don't work "in the industry" but I do keep my ear to the ground so sit back and let me do some "blue sky mining" for you.

We all need to "connect to the web" and there are lots of options out there competing for your dollars.
    Apple made the shift to larger iPhones and saw their iPads sales decline. Why?
    Samsung started to market Galaxy gear but hasn't seen it take off yet. Why?
    Google looks to be shelving Glass. Why?

While we all need to connect to the web, we as individuals can only really connect through one point at a time. I can use my laptop, or my tablet, or my phone, but I can't really use all three at the once. I'm sure there are people that can, but I think I'm in the majority when I say "one is my limit!" and it just might be the answer to my questions above.

Smart watches or Smart glasses are niche products, and so are keyboards. Lots of people want them, but not everbody.
    Apple is refining their slab-phone with larger screens, fingerprint readers and ever thinner profiles. Samsung is refining their Slab-phones with edge wrapping screens. All of these innovations have limited roadmaps. screens can only get so big, or wrap around so far before they become becomes unwieldy. Profiles can only become so thin before things start to bend and how many biometric devices do you really need to secure your device. (finger print, retinal scan, cheek swab, anyone?!)

Max Wolff thinks BlackBerry should just stop making phones because the operating system is not compelling. Long time CrackBerrians might remember that someone came on and showed CBK that he could load and run iOS apps on a playbook. I went looking for the link but couldn't find it. (Maybe someone can find and add it for me). I mention this because it seem to me that an operation system that can clone/mirror/sandbox both of the leading mobile OSs (one legally), is a very "compelling operating system". Maybe Max Wolff meant something different, maybe he meant User Interface.

JC will continue to design and refine handsets (if he can sell 10 million/year) because innovation doesn't just "happen". It takes R&D and commitment and the handset is the public face of the company. They had some egg on their face at the beginning of the year but JC has a handkerchief in hand (PassPort) and few more in his pocket(Classic, Rio, ???).

Look, Apple is modelled on Disneyworld. At Disneyworld you enter the park and Disney controls everything from your meals to your wait times for rides to the fake animals. You pay extra because "its magical", it just works, (please ignore the man behind the curtain). Apple has its gigantic Walled Garden ecosystem but the walls of than garden are thin and drawn on legal size papers. Great for Apple and their legal team, bad for everybody else. Bad because honest people respect the rules and expect to be protected by them. As we are seeing though, not everybody respects the rules and its the "honest" ones who pay the price. Meanwhile, Samsung is getting squeezed between Apple on the high end and Chinese manufacturers on the low end. Since we all want to connect to the internet, the connection has become a commodity.

So let me spell this out for everyone. It's not the device we use that is important. The important part is the "data" that we access. Android, Apple, Blackberry and others have lots of wiz-bang gear to access that data but once you leave the cozy confines of that gear you are on your own from a security point of view. Except with Blackberry you don't actually have to leave their gear. You can store your data on your phone and access it from a laptop or tablet. One copy, no syncing between devices. No cloud storage and retrieval requiring carrier data packages. (It slices, it dices...) But wait there's more... it might just be a disruptor - again.

Samsung has given up on Tizen, Knox and Chat on. They've partnered with Blackberry. For those of you looking for bleeding edge specs with a secure connection this might be a great thing. Boeing seems to be reading from the same page as Samsung and they've partnered with BlackBerry too. Ford has shown Microsoft the door and they have ... wait for it... partnered with BlackBerry. Is everybody seeing the pattern here?

BlackBerry could be a disruptor as a white hat (not a white label) corporation. Securing big data for anyone from governments to enterprises right down to us regular people. With machine connections to the internet set to mushroom in the coming years we'll need white hat corporations to help us secure everything. It seems to me that while there are lots on companies promising security right now that list will decrease rapidly as flaws in their systems get abused. Blackberry has a pretty good track record in that arena, some say its the gold standard. Blackberry can mimic Saudi Arabia here. Offer the best quality product at a price the competition can't match. I can already here them kNOCking on BlackBerry's door.

Best of the festive season to one and all!!
    12-22-14 11:15 AM
    I was watching the other day some where (bloomB?) that some one mentioned that there are only two troubled tech companies successfully saved in the tech history. one is apple and the second is sybase. it took apple 7 years before people started supporting it. JC is the only person alive with that record.
    if above is true than we may be part of an important history being made here.
    12-22-14 11:17 AM
    I was watching the other day some where (bloomB?) that some one mentioned that there are only two troubled tech companies successfully saved in the tech history. one is apple and the second is sybase. it took apple 7 years before people started supporting it. JC is the only person alive with that record.
    if above is true than we may be part of an important history being made here.
    There you go, sidhuk!

"Sybase was not turned around in a quarter or a year," Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry told Benzinga. "There are only two companies that have successfully turned around. One is Apple and the other is Sybase. Remember: it took almost seven years for Apple to turn around and turn skeptics into believers."
    I am in complete agreement, by the way.

As a matter of fact, I would go so far as to send JC my best wishes of "continued good health" for 2015 and the coming years. I would not feel as bullish on BBRY if he were not around, but that's just me. Heck, I don't want him to even catch a cold!
    12-22-14 11:56 AM
    *whistle*
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1368 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	322425
    Santa,

I would like BBRY to be $11+ on Christmas Morning.

Signed,
    Passport
    12-22-14 12:05 PM
    Is this the link that you were looking for, Stormie Two? Thanks for your post, btw.

Video has dissapeared but link works fine:
    Developer Teaches RIM?s PlayBook A New Trick: How To Run iOS Apps | TechCrunch

By the way, Max Wolff may think that BB10 is not compelling but, frankly, that's his own opinion. Fwiw, I happen to think that iOS is not compelling. I also think that if BB10 were installed on the latest iPhones, people would scream that it is the best OS ever created!

Edit: I like the Apple/Disney analogy... And remember that JC is still a Director of Disney!
    http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/abou...rs/john-s-chen
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-22-14 at 12:18 PM.
    12-22-14 12:06 PM
    Soumaila Somtore[/B];11186440]M+8,
    Now that the SP is trading above $10.40 is the support at $10.29?
    Thank you as always!
    Yes, I mentioned on the weekend that I thought we would have that long awaited rally for BBRY that I have been talking about. The stock is holding nicely above its 50-dma, the 3-ema is bullish (never turned bearish) and it is about to cross up through the 50-dma. This is the best time of the year for a rally in all stocks with the January Effect, the Superbowl Effect and the New Year when Funds commit money for themselves and retirement accounts. We have little selling now, a favourable market and low oil prices.

Aside for this, BBRY has all of their negative news out there, analysts will only be talking about the size of their Q4 profit and how many Passports did they sell in the last 4 1/2 months! The news will all be good from here on in, I see nothing coming from the bears now. And so my prediction is that we will hit my targets of two months ago now that we got past that Dec 19th scare.

Unless the entire market goes for a dump, we are going higher here. Today, the stock is showing signs of very positive support, let's enjoy this rally as it is one of our best ones in the past 12 months.
    12-22-14 12:31 PM
    Cantech Awards article

Cantech Letter Announces Finalists for 2014 Cantech Letter Awards

"
    Cantech Letter today announced the finalists for the fifth annual Cantech Letter Awards. The winners will be unveiled at the Cantech Letter Awards Gala Dinner, which follows the Cantech Investment Conference on January 15th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The conference is brought to you by Cantech Letter and Cambridge House International.

The Cantech Letter Awards celebrate the best in Canadian technology. The awards feature six categories; Cantech Letter TSX Tech Stock of the Year, Cantech Letter TSX Tech Executive of the Year, Cantech Letter TSX Venture Exchange Tech Stock of the Year, Cantech Letter TSX Venture Exchange Tech Executive of the Year, Cantech Letter Canadian Cleantech Stock of the Year and Cantech Letter Canadian Life Sciences Stock of the Year.

Winners will join Cantech Letter in ringing the opening bell at the Toronto Stock Exchange the following morning, January 16th. The finalists are listed in alphabetical order according to company name.

2014 Cantech Letter TSX Technology Stock of the Year

Amaya (TSX:AYA)

BlackBerry (TSX:BB)

Sierra Wireless (TSX:SW)

2014 Cantech Letter TSX Technology Executive of the Year

David Baazov, Amaya (TSX:AYA)

John Chen, BlackBerry (TSX:BB)

Jason Cohenour, Sierra Wireless (TSX:SW)

2014 Cantech Letter TSX Venture Technology Stock of the Year

Apivio Systems (TSXV:APV)

Sylogist (TSXV:SYZ)

TIO Networks (TSXV:TNC)

2014 Cantech Letter TSX Venture Technology Executive of the Year

Rob Bakshi, Apivio Systems (TSXV:APV)

Jim Wilson, Sylogist (TSXV:SYZ)

Hamed Shahbazi, TIO Networks (TSXV:TNC)

2014 Cantech Letter Cleantech Stock of the Year

Carmanah Technologies (TSX:CMH)

Catalyst Paper (TSX:CYT)

DIRTT Environmental Solutions (TSXRT)

2014 Cantech Letter TSX Life Sciences Stock of the Year

Concordia Healthcare (TSX:CXR)

ProMetic Life Sciences (TSX:PLI)

Tekmira (TSX:TKM)

METHODOLOGY

A panel of Canada's top technology analysts were asked to name their top three picks in each of four categories. Judges were then asked to rank the consensus picks. Special panels were assembled for the Canadian Cleantech Stock of the Year and the Canadian Life Sciences Stock of the Year. Each judge's picks counted for one vote, and in each of the four technology sector awards, the readers of Cantech Letter will be given one vote in online voting that will close December 31st.

The Cantech Letter Awards Gala Dinner (brought to you by Wildeboer Dellelce and Difference Capital) will immediately follow the Cantech Investment Conference on January 15th, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

Tickets to the Cantech Letter Awards, including a limited number of VIP tables for ten, are still available online or contact Rebecca Badowich, Cambridge House International, at [email protected] or at 604-398-5356. For tickets to the Cantech Investment Conference, which will feature a collection of the top technology companies and thought leaders from Canada's sizzling tech sector, visit our registration page at .

To cast your vote for the Cantech Letter Awards go to Cantech Letter - Canadian Technology Stocks and Startups.

About Cantech Letter

Founded in 2008 by Nick Waddell, Cantech Letter is an online magazine dedicated to Canadian tech stocks and startups. The site features contributions from some of Canada's top technology analysts and thought leaders.

About Cambridge House International Inc.

Founded in 1995 Cambridge House International Inc. has grown to be the world leader in producing investment conferences held throughout North America. Cambridge House Conferences bring industries together for impactful two-day events where attendance includes novice to expert retail, accredited and institutional investors. The conferences are a monumental place for networking, education and investment discovery.

Cambridge House International Inc.
    Rebecca Badowich
    1-877-363-3356 / 604-398-5350
    [email protected]
    Cambridge House International - Cambridge House International

"
    12-22-14 12:33 PM
    12-22-14 12:40 PM
113,256 ... 30683069307030713072 ...