View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Q3 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript:
    BlackBerry's (BBRY) CEO John Chen on Q3 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

Lot's of good stuff in here.
    Thnks Corbu for this.
    JC is master of horsing around with the press and analists.
    most of passport revenues is not in 3rd quarter but this.........
    "Now moving on to our balance sheet and operating working capital performance, our cash balance increased by $12 million quarter-over-quarter. Purchase obligations and other commitments amounted to approximately $1.6 billion relatively flat to last quarter. Purchase orders with contract manufacturers represented approximately $565 million of the total. This is up 64% quarter-over-quarter due to our new product launches that will occur over the next couple of quarters. These purchase commitments are still ramping up and are backend loaded. "
    "We have already paid for the launch activities. So you already seen it in Q3. So now we will obviously manage extremely -- expenses extremely conservative. We're not going to let this thing get ahead of its own headlight. I will make you that commitment. "
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    12-19-14 02:37 PM
    They're going to pin it at 10. This isn't investing anymore.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:38 PM
    Manipulate that $10 close for options expiration! Go Wall Street!

Posted via CB10
    Most options need to be closed by 3:30, there is no guarantee an order can fill after that

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-19-14 02:38 PM
    I give Chen a TON of credit. The fact is, he has been having to manage a bunch of levers on the P&L of the company for quite some time, as well as managing the story to the street. Timing has played a key role here - and it is my bet that Chen timed everything quite purposefully.

Consider:
    SAF revenue falls with every bb7 device that is converted to bb10. You want to "slow" this down, but not lose people to Apple or others.

Sales of BB10 devices is great, but a 1 time shot. So, he has to get the rest of the recurring revenue engine going - which is BES12, BBM Meetings, etc and some other items to make up for declining SAF.

He had a ton of Z10/Z30/Q10 inventory left over that he wanted to get rid of too, since they were first gen Bb10 devices and old. But, with every one of those he sells to a BB7 device holder, he loses SAF.

So in the end, my guess is he got rid of the old inventory at a moderate pace, and slowed the launch of the Classic to preserve SAF revenue, until BES12 was really ready. The Passport was launched in albeit small numbers, but at pretty high margins. And, the niche nature of it, and the limited numbers (sold out due to low production) kept SAF revenue, again from falling too fast to wait for BES 12 to be ready.

BUT, now BES 12 is ready. And they are going to step on the gas. The Classic is going to launch to the Corporate community in a massive way - and will accelerate SAF revenue decline, but in the short term will make up for it though hardware sales margin and BES12 liscense revenue will come on board. To me, this means that by the end of Q2 2015, they need to be firing on all cylinders for BES12 revenues - which they will in one way or another since the BES10 licenses convert. By the beginning of Q2, they will have a new All Touch for the Z10 and Z30 users for a new round of Hardware sales, and my bet is that we start to see some other interesting partnerships come about from IOT.

Chen is a master at this P&L management. By end of Q2 2015, you will see the stock at 15....
    12-19-14 02:52 PM
    Closing above $10 today would be a giant middle finger to the bears.....

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-19-14 02:56 PM
    Thanks.

I've seen the guy in glasses speak before on BlackBerry and has has good view on the company.

The bald guy is a typical loud goof that gets no pu$$y. Just sayin.
    The bald guy is Mr. Harry Palms.
    sidhuk and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    12-19-14 03:01 PM
    Closing above $10 today would be a giant middle finger to the bears.....

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Anybody watch those last few trades? From 10.04 to 9.98 to 10.04 to 10.02 to 9.96 in about 15 seconds? WTF?
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-14 03:01 PM
    Did it seriously close at 9.99$?!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-19-14 03:02 PM
    I thought it closed at $10.02..
    12-19-14 03:02 PM
    Closed at 9.99 as planned. Cheaper to hold it down than to lose out with a close above $10

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 03:04 PM
    Last hit I saw on nasdaq was 9.99 I hope I'm wrong

12-19-14 03:04 PM
    Last hit I saw on nasdaq was 9.99 I hope I'm wrong

I'll call up 2.7% (10.26) at the open on Monday.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-14 03:12 PM
    I can't wait to start seeing the Classic around town. I doubt it will be compelling enough for me to upgrade from my Q10. But I will check it out in the store.
    Side note. The Z10 is still a nice looking phone. I wish it was easier to shift back and forth between phones, as then I would use my Z10 a bit more.
    12-19-14 03:12 PM
    Reading material! I don't believe we read enough today. Some good points about the Boeing partnership.

BlackBerry joins Boeing to offer self-destructing spy phone (RTGAM)

Julie Johnsson and Gerrit De Vynck

Boeing Co. is teaming up with BlackBerry Ltd. on a secretive, self-destructing smartphone developed for use by U.S. defence and homeland security employees and contractors.

The partnership showcases a push by Boeing, the second-largest U.S. defence contractor, into software development as sales slow for its military hardware amid Pentagon budget cuts. BlackBerry gains a new way to hold on to its government base as commercial sales decline.

�We�re pleased to announce that Boeing is collaborating with BlackBerry to provide a secure mobile solution for Android devices utilizing our BES12 platform,� John Chen, chairman and chief executive officer of Waterloo, Ont.-based BlackBerry, said during an earnings call today. �That by the way is all they allow me to say.�

The Chicago-based aerospace company has been testing its secure smartphone, known as the Boeing Black, with BlackBerry�s main business enterprise server product, known as BES, which provides software that allows large corporations and government departments to keep track of their employees� devices. The server is compatible with Android and iPhone handsets.

The companies are �pursuing a number of opportunities� that would pair the Boeing device with BlackBerry�s server, Andy Lee, a Boeing spokesman, said in a phone interview.

�Boeing has decades of experience providing defence and security customers with secure communications,� Lee said. �We are working with BlackBerry to help them ensure the BES12 operating system is compatible with, and optimized for use by, the ultra-secure mobile devices favoured by the defence and security community.�

Software, Security

Since taking over last year, Chen has focused on providing software and security for governments and corporations, while also introducing new phones that cater to business users, like the Passport and the Classic, which was introduced earlier this week.

BlackBerry shares fell 1.5 per cent to $9.91 (U.S.) at 12:53 p.m. in New York after the company reported third-quarter revenue that fell well short of analysts� estimates. Boeing shares rose 0.8 per cent to $126.70.

Boeing has released few details about the inner-workings of the phone, which it says in a brochure �was designed with security and modularity in mind.�

While the Boeing Black may look like a thicker cousin to other widely used Android devices, it�s packed with features out of a John le Carr� novel, including triggers that can cause the handset to self-destruct.

Tamper Proof

The phone is manufactured as a sealed device with epoxy around its casing and screws and a tamper-proof covering over the screw-heads �to identify attempted disassembly,� Bruce Olcott, outside counsel to Boeing, said in a Feb. 24 letter to the Federal Communications Commission requesting that confidential design details be kept under wraps.

�Any attempt to break open the casing of the device would trigger functions that would delete the data and software contained within the device and make the device inoperable,� Olcott wrote.

The Boeing Black is also outfitted with two SIM cards instead of the one that�s standard on other mobile phones, so users can switch between government and commercial networks, according to a product description on the aerospace company�s website. There�s also a �modular expansion port,� which allows users to connect to satellites or expand the phone�s power capacity.

Voice and data are encrypted via Boeing�s PureSecure architecture, a multilayered security system created for mobile devices along the lines of Samsung Electronics Co.�s Knox offering.

California Mindset

Although Boeing has been developing the phone for more than two years, the handset fits with an innovative �Silicon Valley� mindset promoted by Chris Chadwick, the president and chief executive officer of Boeing�s Defense Space & Security unit.

Rather than viewing the $33.2-billion-revenue business in terms of military programs, such as its F/A-18 fighter jets, Chadwick sees opportunities in hardware, software and services. �It�s not IT. It�s how do you leverage the power of information across multiple dimensions,� Chadwick said in an Oct. 30 interview.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-19-14 03:13 PM
    Here is another thing I found from the transcript, funny or not, it is up to you to figure it out, which is no Q&A chance was given to Morgan Stanley analyst. LOL.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    12-19-14 03:17 PM
    12-19-14 03:21 PM
    12-19-14 03:23 PM
    Here is another thing I found from the transcript, funny or not, it is up to you to figure it out, which is no Q&A chance was given to Morgan Stanley analyst. LOL.
    In fact, there was no analyst from MS present if I am not mistaken. Our dear friend Faucette was probably too busy with his Christmas shopping. So many friends on his list...
    12-19-14 03:33 PM
    Quote by Reuters

The BlackBerry Enterprise Service, or BES 12, will allow clients such as corporations and government agencies to manage and secure not just BlackBerry devices on internal networks, but those that run on rival operating systems such as Google's Android and Apple's iOS.

The Boeing phone uses dual SIM cards to enable it to access multiple cell networks and can be configured to connect with biometric sensors and satellites. Boeing has begun offering the phone to potential customers. (Reporting by Alastair Sharp; Editing by Peter Galloway)

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-19-14 03:34 PM
    Raymond James raises price target to $11 from $10.50, keeps market perform rating

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 03:34 PM
    Quote by Reuters

The Boeing phone uses dual SIM cards to enable it to access multiple cell networks and can be configured to connect with biometric sensors and satellites. Boeing has begun offering the phone to potential customers. (Reporting by Alastair Sharp; Editing by Peter Galloway).
    I wonder how much longer they will need the dual sims, now that JC's on it.
    12-19-14 03:48 PM
    I wonder how much longer they will need the dual sims, now that JC's on it.
    this is why Boeing is collaborating with them (among many other security patents)...

Work Life !! virtual sim !!

http://ca.blackberry.com/enterprise/.../worklife.html
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 12-19-14 at 04:25 PM.
    12-19-14 04:05 PM
    I watched the BNN interview of JC. He made a good point when the lady asked him about the reaction to the street and viability of company. He basically said that they showed that BB can make a profit of 35mill with only sales of 783 mill.

Yeah I just realized that they made a profit on low revenues, it can only go up from here.
    12-19-14 04:16 PM
    And this.
    http://gizmodo.com/over-1-million-ca...full+(Gizmodo)

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-19-14 04:18 PM
    After seeing/reading all these articles, watching the clips, seeing that smirk, the demeanor....and of course, the results....

One word comes to mind to describe JC................. PIMP !!!

...all about the $$$$... !!
    12-19-14 04:23 PM
113,256 ... 30593060306130623063 ...