View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Faucette is at it again...wonder how many puts he and his band of thieves have riding on tomorrow??
    http://jdem.cz/brbvg5

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    When you consider over 50,000 puts at $10 strike on open interest that expire tomorrow......makes one wonder how many are his?....LOL

If "someone" can't drive the price below $10 by tomorrow, all those puts (equates to 5 million shares) expire worthless.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-18-14 09:15 AM
    When you consider over 50,000 puts at $10 strike on open interest that expire tomorrow......makes one wonder how many are his?....LOL

If "someone" can't drive the price below $10 by tomorrow, all those puts (equates to 5 million shares) expire worthless.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    I guess tomorrow really could be the beginning of the end for the shorts i just sure hope chen has alot of ammo
    La Emperor likes this.
    12-18-14 09:19 AM
    Good question about the "new school" enterprise people wanting this....

Looks like the Classic a temporary fix for the current 9900 power users (old school business peeps). A nice thing for BB to address and provide (and hopefully in an efficient manner)

As the brand evolves, the enterprise landscape evolves with new generations, there will be other BB hardware offerings to support this new wave (aka, Passport, etc)

That is what JC should of mentioned.
    12-18-14 09:25 AM
    WSJ Video snippet from Germany: Blackberry Launches New Smartphone, the 'Classic'

Blackberry Launches New Smartphone, the 'Classic'
    How on earth is the "BlackBerry Classic" the last chance for the company to survive" ???????????????????????????? Really????

It's getting exhausting listening to these clowns.
    12-18-14 09:30 AM
    WSJ Article: In Frankfurt, Blackberry is Still King

In Frankfurt, Blackberry is Still King - Digits - WSJ

"
    FRANKFURT�As the home of the European Central Bank and the German headquarters of dozens of powerful financial institutions, Frankfurt styles itself as a �get down to business� place.

The northern German city with around 1 million residents�sometimes called �Bankfurt� �is also one of the last remaining strongholds for BlackBerry BB.T +0.26%�s mobile phones.

Blackberry, which once dominated the global smartphone market, unveiled a new device on Wednesday meant to lure back traditional customers with signature BlackBerry phone features such as a physical keyboard and trackpad. This despite a general trend in consumer mobile phones toward touch screen, predictive text apps based on swiping, increased voice control, and even gesture and eye control. The prevalence of Apple�s and Google GOOGL +1.45% Androids� online app stores is also a factor that led to Blackberry�s decline

But while only barely hanging on in other financial centers like New York and London, the Bold 9900 is frequently spotted in Frankfurt�s restaurants, bars, and commuter trains. Even state police officers use Blackberry phones.

Among the city�s professional class, Blackberry phones are still very much dominant.

�To avoid being identified as law enforcement right away, we don�t want to walk around with just Blackberrys,� said Franz Schiffer, head of IT infrastructure with the State Police of Hesse, of which Frankfurt is the largest city.

For Blackberry, which has for years seen its devices fall out of favor with consumers and some enterprises against Apple�s iPhones and Samsung 005930.SE 0.00% �s devices, a steady and loyal market of bankers, lawyers, and regulators, is a godsend.

�Our customers are in regulated industries and the financial sector is very important to us,� John Sims, Blackberry�s president of global enterprise solutions, told the Wall Street Journal.

Blackberry�s new phone, the Classic, targets users of the Bold 9900, which hit the shelves some three years ago.

Mr. Sims acknowledged that some customers have turned their backs on Blackberry, swapping their old Bolds for iPhones or Samsung models. Blackberry wants to woo them back, he said using physical keyboards as bait, a feature many users still prefer over touchscreens.

Joachim Heppner, editor in chief of the Frankfurt Airport magazine, is one of them. A Blackberry user for many years, Mr. Heppner is very interested in the new Classic.

�I need my Blackberry to write e-mails on the go without tons of typos,� he said.

But while Blackberry is happy to retain loyal users like Mr. Heppner, it has its sights more firmly on people like Gerd Scheuermann, an IT administrator who works at Koenig & Bauer SKB.XE +0.71%, a printing machine maker in Wuerzburg, an hour south of Frankfurt.

Koenig & Bauer, with a market cap is EUR 165 million ($202.5 million), provides around 800 of its 5,000 staff with corporate phones, Mr. Scheuermann said. Around half of those are Blackberrys. Mr. Scheuermann likes the feature that allows users to keep corporate and private communication separate on a single device.

�Many of our employees carry only their corporate Blackberrys with them,� he said. �After work they use it for Twitter TWTR +3.32% and Facebook FB +2.05%.�

Mr. Scheuermann also likes Blackberry�s security features like end-to-end encryption of data.

Mr. Sims of Blackberry said Germany is an important market for the company, not only because of its financial institutions but also because of companies in the manufacturing sector that are keen to protect intellectual property. Unlike in the U.S., where only two major carriers said they would sell the new phone � although not until an unspecified date in the new year �in Germany, Vodafone VOD.LN +1.98% will offer the Classic as soon as it�s available to meet demand. Deutsche Telekom DTE.XE +3.02% and Telefonica Deutschland O2D.XE +3.45% will start selling the Classic next month.
    12-18-14 09:30 AM

Looks like the Classic a temporary fix for the current 9900 power users (old school business peeps). A nice thing for BB to address and provide (and hopefully in an efficient manner)

As the brand evolves, the enterprise landscape evolves with new generations, there will be other BB hardware offerings to support this new wave (aka, Passport, etc)

Hindsight from the armchair is such a wonderful thing, isn't it.
    12-18-14 09:31 AM
    10 puts are mine. I use puts as a buying strategy.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-18-14 09:31 AM

Kim K wants it. That should mean sexy?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kim.jpg

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-18-14 09:38 AM
    How on earth is the "BlackBerry Classic" the last chance for the company to survive" ???????????????????????????? Really????

It's getting exhausting listening to these clowns.
    Indeed. It has been said before: I think we have, on this board, more collective knowledge about BlackBerry, what it is trying to achieve, its roadmap, its flaws and strongpoints than most of these writers/journalists and so-called experts "du jour"!

Quite depressing, at times, listening to all this noise. But we must stay strong!
    12-18-14 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry Wraps Turnaround Year as Holders Await Profit - Bloomberg

BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) unveiled a new phone that harks back to the company’s glory days of being the world’s leading smartphone maker, capping a year dedicated to stabilizing finances and winning back investor confidence.

Earnings on Friday will shed light on how successful the turnaround has been.

BlackBerry Chief Executive Officer John Chen showed off the new “Classic” phone at an event in New York yesterday, touting its qwerty keyboard and trackpad. It’s a phone reminiscent of the devices that were once status symbols among constantly-connected, productivity-focused professionals.

When he first took the job a year ago, Chen got reactions ranging from “Wow you’re really brave to take on this job” to “You really needed a job to escape from home,” Chen said at the event. “A year has gone by, the conversation has completely changed,” he said.

A plan to take BlackBerry private had just unraveled when Chen stepped in last year, and the company’s share of the global smartphone market had fallen to less than 1 percent. While his strategy has included new devices like the Passport that cater to business users, Chen has been more focused on providing software and security for governments and corporations.

Smartphone Sales

“The company’s on point with its message; it still has to execute,” Colin Gillis, a New York-based analyst at BGC Partners, said in a phone interview. The earnings report will give investors an idea of how both smartphone and software sales have faired, said Gillis, who lifted his rating on the stock to buy from hold yesterday.

Gillis estimates hardware revenue in the quarter will rise 8.8 percent to $518 million, buoyed by the new square-screened Passport phone, which BlackBerry began selling in September.

“Let’s watch how the software line does, and then, the big thing is if we can get a little upside from Passport,” Gillis said. BlackBerry said it pre-sold 200,000 Passports. No update has been given since then but Gillis estimates 450,000 were sold during the quarter.

BlackBerry revenue is estimated to drop 22 percent to $932 million in the fiscal third quarter, which ended Nov. 30, according to the average of analysts’ estimates compiled by Bloomberg. The company is projected to post a narrower loss of 5 cents a share, on average.

Customer Complaints

It’s unlikely even blockbuster sales of the Classic would be a big enough boost to turn the company around, according to Ehud Gelblum, a technology analyst at Citigroup Inc.

“For them to do well without selling more devices means they’re getting companies to adopt the 12 for the iPhone and Android fleets,” Gelblum, said by phone, referring to BlackBerry’s latest operating system. “I just don’t see that happening.”

The new phone, which has a 22-hour battery life and an eight-megapixel camera, could give BlackBerry fans a new reason to be excited about the company without mimicking what other phonemakers have done. Shares of BlackBerry rose 2.1 percent to $10.19 at 9:33 a.m. in New York.

Jennifer Richardson, a TV producer from Phoenix, has stuck with her BlackBerry for six years and wants to get a Classic. Yet, she says she still uses an iPhone for certain apps, like making mobile payments at Starbucks.

Chen said he’s listening to customers like Richardson.

“As much as I share the frustration with you not having enough apps, like airline apps, we are working on it,” Chen said in an interview with analysts and reporters after the event. “I need a little bit of time, because I can’t fix everything at the same time.”
    12-18-14 09:47 AM
    I other words it's "We are here to stay!!"
    12-18-14 09:53 AM
    I other words it's "We are here to stay!!"
    Okay but this the last, last, last, last, last chance!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:55 AM
    Indeed. It has been said before: I think we have, on this board, more collective knowledge about BlackBerry, what it is trying to achieve, its roadmap, its flaws and strongpoints than most of these writers/journalists and so-called experts "du jour"!

Quite depressing, at times, listening to all this noise. But we must stay strong!
    It is tiring to hear this ill informed point of view.... but damn, it somehow affects the masses and eventually the stock
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    12-18-14 09:58 AM
    Anyone expecting a sell-off sometime today before earnings? Thinking of getting some more shares -- thoughts?

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    12-18-14 10:12 AM
    It is tiring to hear this ill informed point of view.... but damn, it somehow affects the masses and eventually the stock
    The "experts"- the iPhone is king!
    The masses- baaa ba ba
    The "experts"- blackberry is dead!
    The masses- baaaa ba ba

Anyone else tired of the "sheep" mentality?

Time for some lamb chops tomorrow.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-18-14 10:43 AM
    Anyone expecting a sell-off sometime today before earnings? Thinking of getting some more shares -- thoughts?

Looks like you'll get a chance very soon.
    ZayDub likes this.
    12-18-14 10:48 AM
    For tomorrow, I'm expecting results near break even followed by a sell off of the stock. Will be the last buying opportunity. I suspect the shopbb sale was to increase revenue to prevent a complete implosion of the sp. Next qtr will be surprise beat and short squeeze. Thoughts?
    ZayDub and alludba like this.
    12-18-14 10:53 AM

Im already locked and loaded for ER soo what ever happens today doesnt matter
    ZayDub, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    12-18-14 11:00 AM
    Since when did Morgan Stanley start doing phone reviews ?
    No kidding, what a joke!
    How is it allowed?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:03 AM
    I can see that happening as well, which is partially why I'm apprehensive. Seems like even on good news, the shorts always find a way to parse out the slightest negative and the stock only reacts to the negative. For selfish reasons, I'd like a sell-off tomorrow so I can get a better position, since I believe in it long-term

12-18-14 11:04 AM
    For tomorrow, I'm expecting results near break even followed by a sell off of the stock. Will be the last buying opportunity. I suspect the shopbb sale was to increase revenue to prevent a complete implosion of the sp. Next qtr will be surprise beat and short squeeze. Thoughts?
    I can see that happening as well, which is partially why I'm apprehensive. Seems like even on good news, the shorts always find a way to parse out the slightest negative and the stock only reacts to the negative. For selfish reasons, I'd like a sell-off tomorrow so I can get a better position, since I believe in it long-term

12-18-14 11:05 AM
    Alright, to make this on topic, I'll title it ;
    "Hey Fo7 and Moron Stupid : you're off topic" (damm, I had to refrain at least 3 F-words lol).

So I went to BlackBerry France today and had the chance to ask a few questions and see Classic but also a red Passport.
    Most are questions you guys have wondered about, so it's justice you read it first right here. I may make another post with more details in the news&rumor section later.

1. What about the distribution channel for enterprises (and more) ?
    We have to put things in context here, as our (FR) global distribution channel has drastically changed those last 2 years. 2 yuears ago less than 15-20% devices were sold naked and were low-end with prepaid cards; carriers were then the main distribution channel. Today, due to low cost operator (Free, our T-mo-like) selling cheap contracts without devices, we are now in a situation where 50% smartphones are sold by other channels (shops, discounters, VARs ...).
    re : will BlackBerry make direct sales to enterprise ?
    No. But unlike before, devices distribution will not be handled only by carriers, other channels will progressively take the lead as they can offer commercial arrangements that are close to those made with computers. We have to understand that a smartphone have now +/- the same value than a computer. Key offers are now leasing and redemption fleet. VARs are now very well positioned to do so, as they can package services, software and hardware.
    re: but for BES ?
    That's another story, where BlackBerry sales force can close a deal.
    In short : devices-no, services-can be.

2. What is the situation with carriers ?
    a. France : Some relations were weird the past year as we have reorganization (SFR - #2 here - has been bought by a cable operator) and also they all sell their own EMM (or the likes) solutions. Yet, we have a strong partnership with Orange (#1) that will distribute the Classic (& Passport already). But as told above, they're not the single channel here anymore and (consumers - prosumers) distributors like the Fnac (one of the biggest tech & culture distibutor here) deal are a better place to promote our devices (better training, better salespersons). Add also popular websites and, of course, shopBlackBerry. [of course, they're not giving up and still have strong involvement and discussions with the reluctant carriers]

b: North America
    We have to understand that - sadly - BlackBerry was almost ticked out of carriers lists.
    That simple. Classic will be reintroduced in major ones (read here) and that's a notable breakthrough.

C. BES hosted ? (France)
    I heard more about "Cloud" [date:March-ish] than "hosted" ... but couldn't steal the whole session; yet first words are often the most reliable IMHO. Yet, Orange clearly in the game with BES as one of their possible offers.

3. Passport V.S Classic: cannibalization ?
    Passport is a disruptive device. It has been build with innovation and revolution as father and mother. It's here to break the market codes. If iconic and flagship ever had a concrete materialization it'll be the Passport. See how many reviews and user feedbacks praised it. Read on its spine, it's written : "we're back".
    Just lay it down on a table and see how much it's true (I confirm).
    Classic is meant to be a robust, secure, efficient and profitable device for enterprises. Basically, that's a Curve++ (I'd invoke a LuxCurve !).
    Its current price point will - as for any other - lower and be extremely well positioned in the "middle" segment (I'd say - while not exposed - in the $350 ?). BBOS users were reluctant to Q10 because of the (lack of) tool belt. They were simply lost and didn't want to go through the learning curve. We heard, we worked hard (you have to realize that this is a complete opposition to BB10 initial UI paradigm) and delivered. A 9900 with superpowers; a "non-nonsense", feature wise on par and secure device ... but, hey ... we add some sexy to the account #upgraded, that's the word.

4. OS 10.3.1 why the wait ?
    Because we focused all our efforts for the Classic specifically. Former devices need adaptations and we're simply not 100% ready yet. There are still some tiny glitches we have to fix. Time frame given by J. Chen is plausible, don't expect a sharper date; ASAP is the only one. We have to go through carrier testing and so on.

5. What's next with Blend ?
    Main point was to have the 1.0 version rolling. People already love it.
    Now, we're going on a fast pace and you can expect updates on - say - a monthly base, as for BBM.
    SF : " some advanced tech noticed some particular protocols enabled between the device and the client ..."
    [ED: those that enable voice/video - Then I felt a red laser dot on my forehead (lol)]
    ... smiles ... laugh ...
    "it's on the top of demands that has been voiced" (referring to apple's continuity).
    And then I mentioned Channel posting and various improvements (timed message, retraction, ...)
    "There's nothing in your list that isn't on the road-map but there's so many additions requested by users and partners that we have to schedule it and it will come, one after the other".
    I-love-that.

5. "Standalone" BBM ?
    SF: "Our CB local Belfast Dispatcher (among others) gringe at sponsored invites/ads and, more widely, recent additions like Channels and Shop. They feel like 'invaded', BBM 'denatured'. What about the enterprise versions ? Is there a BES switch to enable/disable these ? Couldn't we have a paying version with the ability to disable those features?"
    BB: "Are you on BBM beta program SF ? [yes] Please fire a suggestion there, it's a valid point. We'll look at it."
    P.S: I believe only enterprise switch was perceived as pertinent though.

6. Z3: France, 4G/LTE ?
    Z3, while it has been released in some UE states (Germany) is 3G only and it will not fit our market. So, it's a no. Will be another device.
    (SF tried to pull out of her ...)
    SF : " ... rhyme with Zedtrwha (Z3 in French) ?"
    BB: ... laughs, smiles ...

7. Classic : my returns (3 minutes hands on).
    It's sexy, looks really solid. A bit heavier than I'd expect but not exaggerated.
    Screen is way bigger than 9900 and Q10, in fact the used screen surface is only 4% less than iP once a virtual keyboard is on.
    Quality is fair for this price range ... but I must admit that - coming from my splendid Passport - I really saw the difference.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Tool belt is really efficient and allows a lot of acts that were previously "finger only", it's intuitive : yessir !
    Shortcuts are back (with an impressive arm-long list !), legacy users will love.

Overall, as stated above, I believe we have a winner for the enterprise here, a super-duper-curve it is.

Here you go, dear StockBerrians !

Will edit and add some pics, have to reboot my desk first

Edit: Reboot was badly needed !!! sorry for all the typos - lol - you're used to it Mhhhoooo !
    Here are the droll pics !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_124247.jpg
    Z3

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_124505.jpg
    A red Passport !!! Gorgeous !!!!!!!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_124931.jpg
    Porsche ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_131714_hdr.jpg
    Classic ... (& me lol)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_131730_hdr.jpg
    Classic : Another view

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_131741_hdr.jpg
    Classic: the back => Really comfortable !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_131645_edit.jpg
    A passport taking a photo of a passport taking a photo of the classic

That's it !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-18-14 at 01:07 PM.
    12-18-14 11:15 AM
    Man the stock price is jumping all over the place.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    12-18-14 11:51 AM
    Interesting trade on the put options for this Friday. They rolled their puts from Dec $10 strike to Feb $10 strike.
    Someone sold 22,016 Dec $10 put contracts today for $.37 closing a position and then simultaneously buying the same amount, 22,016 contracts for Feb 2015 at $10 for $1.02 each,
    The total cost difference was about 1.43M to roll those

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:58 AM
    Our very own Milos Raonic is even calling for Sony to switch over to BlackBerry ! Go Milos!

Attachment 321572

Posted via CB10
    Hacker Wins ...

Sony cancels The Interview release amid threats
    BBC News - Sony cancels The Interview release amid threats

Celebrities rage on Twitter after Sony cancels 'The Interview'
    Celebrities rage on Twitter after Sony cancels 'The Interview' - CNET

and many more articles posted on this
    morganplus8, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    12-18-14 12:05 PM
113,250 ... 30473048304930503051 ...