1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: Apple SIM

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/10/26/a...aign=BlinkFeed

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 10-27-14 at 01:09 AM.
    rarsen likes this.
    10-26-14 06:06 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Thanks Sidhuk: India is very key for Blackberry in its ambitions to be a leader in enterprise...

On the device side Passport and upcoming Classic will be most welcomed and key to building the respected BlackBerry Brand again.

Lead by astute and experienced BlackBerry Ceo Chen, I am very optimist...

From my awesome Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 06:06 PM
    10-26-14 06:08 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    http://Www.amazon.com/?t=crackberry0...UvbUpU11015304 has the Passport listed at $699 now (no longer showing the $100 discount from list).

Still showing Sold Out and on back order.

Passport demand >>>>>>>>>>>> supply

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 06:27 PM
    Shop.blackberry.com showing sold out of Z10 - black. Kinda surprising.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 06:37 AM
    The official video from the Hong Kong event. Seems to run a little longer than the previous (unofficial) video, wonder what fills the extra time ? ;-)

10-27-14 07:33 AM
    OT: Nice Concept Z70

BlackBerry Z70 whopper phablet design

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-z70-whopper-phablet-design.jpg

If you’re a BlackBerry device enthusiast and are riding the wave with the trend towards larger handsets you might like to take a look at this new render we’ve come across. This is the BlackBerry Z70, a whopper phablet design that features a 6.7-inch display. We’d like to know what readers think of this latest concept idea.

It’s enjoyable to look at concept visions occasionally as tantalizers for prospective devices and this creation is the work of designer Suwhenzetie over on DeviantArt. The recently released BlackBerry Passport had an unusual square shape that received a mixed reception, so this rather more traditionally shaped handset might have more appeal despite it’s massive size. That said there has already been some consternation about the size of the new Nexus 6, which has a display size of only 5.96-inches!

The BlackBerry Z70 looks extremely slim with a textured reverse, and as you can see from the image shown here it has an edge-to-edge display. Although the designer hasn’t come up with a full specs sheet some nice features have been provided. To start with, the 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display has Quad HD resolution of 2560 x 1440 and 438 ppi.

The lower bezel is touch sensitive, and with an option in the Display Settings users can use this bezel as a BlackBerry toolbelt that produces Call, Menu, TrackPad, Back, and End Call touch bezel buttons. The Z70 also has rear facing stereo speakers, and a touch sensitive volume rocker that can also act as a camera control for snapping pictures and zoom function.

We think this latest concept phone is pretty interesting with some good feature touches and wonder how many readers like this idea? Would you purchase the BlackBerry Z70 if it were on sale? Let us know with your comments.

BlackBerry Z70 whopper phablet design � Phone Reviews

Source: DeviantArt
    Via: Concept Phones
    rarsen, sidhuk, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    10-27-14 07:38 AM
    The official video from the Hong Kong event. Seems to run a little longer than the previous (unofficial) video, wonder what fills the extra time ? ;-)
    I remember, there was a cut in last third of the unofficial one...
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-27-14 07:56 AM
    Shop.blackberry.com showing sold out of Z10 - black. Kinda surprising.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not surprised. CB has been unloading all their Z10 cases and batteries.

Point being that production has probably been stopped for some time and a successor is due.
    Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-27-14 08:12 AM
    10-27-14 09:15 AM
    Trouble for Apple Pay as retailers shun the service

And it may stay that way for good

"Wal-Mart, Best Buy, CVS and Rite Aid are currently not supporting Apple Pay or Google Wallet."
    10-27-14 09:18 AM
    Interesting turn of events for the folks who signed up for CurrentC which is an absolutely terrible way to implement mobile payment. All of these retailers have signed 3 year (it's believed, not confirmed) iron clad contracts which do not allow these merchants to use any other methods, it's why RiteAid and CVS both quickly yanked the Apple Pay out of the stores.

Apple has a "fight back". This method requires an app on the users phone. Apple can yank the CurrentC based apps out of their app store.

This is far from as simple as this story makes it out to be. Read up on the implementation of CurrentC and ask yourself who would want to use this method?
    10-27-14 09:20 AM
    Hmmm, I wonder if BBRY is up here due to a rumor of a merger with Lenovo, not a buyout.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/weekly...142321099.html

Here's the bit:

"Will BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) and Lenovo (OTC: LNVGY) merge? A new rumor indicated that those two firms could be close to a deal and analysts were eager to weigh in."

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    10-27-14 09:45 AM
    John Chen: The Keys To Executing A Turnaround | http://berryflow.com/2014/10/john-ch...ng-turnaround/ via @BBRYFLOW
    What impressed me was this quote.
    "Take Care of your Company like it?s your Home

Things that are near and dear to us, we naturally take better care of: our family, our home, our health. We take care to ?sweat the small stuff?, because we care. That?s the attitude I have about BlackBerry, and which I hope my employees have, too.

Here?s an example: At BlackBerry, we took a look at all of the phone accounts we were paying for. We found one manager who had eight telephone accounts for employees that had already left but which we were still paying for. Their accounts were never turned off.

This may seem small in the scheme of things. But the small things add up. Still, it?s not so much about the value. It?s the level of care. I wouldn?t pay for eight phone lines at my home if I?m only using one. And that sets the tone for everything else we do."

Very good read.
    https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...way?_mSplash=1

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-27-14 10:09 AM
    John Chen: The Keys To Executing A Turnaround | http://berryflow.com/2014/10/john-ch...ng-turnaround/ via @BBRYFLOW
    What impressed me was this quote.
    "Take Care of your Company like it?s your Home

Things that are near and dear to us, we naturally take better care of: our family, our home, our health. We take care to ?sweat the small stuff?, because we care. That?s the attitude I have about BlackBerry, and which I hope my employees have, too.

Here?s an example: At BlackBerry, we took a look at all of the phone accounts we were paying for. We found one manager who had eight telephone accounts for employees that had already left but which we were still paying for. Their accounts were never turned off.

This may seem small in the scheme of things. But the small things add up. Still, it?s not so much about the value. It?s the level of care. I wouldn?t pay for eight phone lines at my home if I?m only using one. And that sets the tone for everything else we do."

Very good read.

Read the comments, it is fresh and brilliant marketing.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 10:34 AM
    Worth posting in extenso, I believe, for the record....

If you were to ask any CEO, “Would you like to turn around a company?” the answer would likely be, “No way.”

When I took on the role of BlackBerry CEO one year ago, we were facing tremendous challenges as a company. The markets for devices and services had been changing dramatically for the past few years, and our positions in them had deteriorated. Addressing these realities required us to focus on one thing: innovation. Innovation is what the world demands of technology companies like BlackBerry. Building a stable platform for us to be able to focus on innovation again has been the foundation of our turnaround. The individual strategies to enable this flowed naturally from that imperative.

Create a Problem-Solving Culture

When an organization is in a funk, a lot of people understand the problems. Not too many people understand the way out of the problems.

When you only talk about the problems, you drag everyone down. Energy dissipates; hopelessness reigns.

A turnaround culture must be positive. Employees need to have the hunger – and confidence – to get things done. Everyone needs the same single-minded desire to win.

People have asked me, “Why do you want to do turnarounds?” I think it’s similar to working an emergency room. When a patient comes in, you don’t ask, “Why is that person hurt?” You help him or her get better.

That is the culture that’s needed: one that focuses on fixing things and finding solutions, not on the obstacles before you.

Maintain the Sense of Urgency

After you achieve several targets and hit some milestones, it’s easy to lose some of your urgency. That can be fatal to your ability to get things done.

When you’re in turnaround, every decision feels like it counts twice as much. That can lead some employees and managers to become stuck. That’s the trap called “paralysis by analysis.” Well, some parts of the analysis you don’t need to – and probably shouldn’t – complete.

If your front porch is on fire, you wouldn’t stop to calculate how long it would take for your house to burn down. You just go stop the fire.

In BlackBerry’s case, we cut costs dramatically and doubled down on reducing losses and growing profits. We still have a few water buckets on hand. But no one is cooking our funeral dinner on the flames, because we took action.

Take Care of your Company like it’s your Home

Things that are near and dear to us, we naturally take better care of: our family, our home, our health. We take care to ‘sweat the small stuff’, because we care. That’s the attitude I have about BlackBerry, and which I hope my employees have, too.

Here’s an example: At BlackBerry, we took a look at all of the phone accounts we were paying for. We found one manager who had eight telephone accounts for employees that had already left but which we were still paying for. Their accounts were never turned off.

This may seem small in the scheme of things. But the small things add up. Still, it’s not so much about the value. It’s the level of care. I wouldn't pay for eight phone lines at my home if I'm only using one. And that sets the tone for everything else we do.

Know Thyself

Every question has multiple answers; every problem has several solutions. Even decisions – every one involves some give and take. So don’t focus on finding the perfect strategy - most of the time, there isn't one. Because with every benefit, there’s also always a cost.

At a prior company I turned around, we started investing in enterprise mobility at a time when we were only known as a provider of databases and data warehouses. That had many costs – switching development dollars to an unproven industry, as well as taking away management attention when we were in a data dogfight with our competitors. But it also had a huge benefit: giving us an early lead in what proved to be a very important space. That bet paid off, and was key to our eventually selling to SAP for $5.8 billion, 14 times our lowest valuation just after I took over as CEO.

When you know yourself, you know what your long-term goals and strategies are. That makes it easier for you to decide on good – note I didn't say right – decisions. Right implies perfect. And consistent execution and hard work will outweigh any individually poor decision over the long haul. And I'm in it for the long haul.

Empower Employees to Take Risks

Many people know what’s the right thing to do, but are afraid to speak out. They see others making avoidable errors and think to themselves, “I knew that wasn't the right thing to do,” without saying anything.

People either don’t want to deliver bad news, or they’re not willing to challenge enough – in a respectful way – on some of the decisions.

That culture has got to change.

Of course, you don’t want to take it to an extreme, where every tiny decision is open for debate. Nothing would get done if consensus needs to be reached all the time. There’s a time to engage your leaders appropriately, and those opportunities must be part of your culture. Because…

Everyone has a Role

If you empower employees, they will speak out on bad decisions or take the initiative to solve problems. No matter what their level, everyone can make a difference. They can help evangelize to customers, engage with partners, reduce costs and waste, and help on your overall strategy.

Creating this open-ness requires a few things. Leaders need to listen and be humble. And your organization cannot be too siloed or top-down. Otherwise, it makes it difficult for people to share their ideas.

Besides, you’re already paying your employees! Why not let them take initiative – you’ll get the results.

All in all, a turnaround culture is one that enables everyone to pitch in to get things done. That requires focusing on a goal, and empowering employees to take risks and go the extra mile.

That’s how you win.
    10-27-14 10:51 AM
    Read the comments, it is fresh and brilliant marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Yes indeed. From credible people who are in business and real people. Not from some hidden hit and run folks. And that is the market that JC is focusing on, the working people.

10-27-14 10:51 AM
    OT but for any Passport holders interested!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141027_120744.png

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, georg4BB and 9 others like this.
    10-27-14 11:08 AM
    https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...586241/photo/1

BOOM! Thanks @BlackBerry for my fancy new phones. Love them. #passport #porsche
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b09yvfzciaexr-z.jpg
    10-27-14 11:14 AM
    All kinds of prices on back ordered PP, sends all kinds of messages:

BlackBerry Ltd Passport Price In Gray Market: $1825
    10-27-14 12:31 PM
    Z

9800 > pb64 > z10 > z30
    10-27-14 12:32 PM
    I thought Stocks for BB10 was no longer supported, but good news! New update available in BlackBerry World! new version is 1.5.1.1. Hope it works in 10.3.1.
    10-27-14 12:39 PM
    I thought Stocks for BB10 was no longer supported, but good news! New update available in BlackBerry World! new version is 1.5.1.1. Hope it works in 10.3.1.
    Awesome!! I love that app! Thanks for the heads up!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 12:42 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd’s John Chen says he’s in it for ‘the long haul’

"Nearly one year after John Chen took the helm of BlackBerry Ltd., the chief executive touted his turnaround plan at the Canadian smartphone maker on Monday, adding he’s “in it for the long haul.”"

BlackBerry Ltd?s John Chen says he?s in it for ?the long haul? | Financial Post
    10-27-14 12:43 PM
    I am running 10.3.1 on my Z30 and it says "unavailable for this device"
    10-27-14 12:48 PM
113,256 ... 29402941294229432944 ...