View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Some of you may already have seen this but I thought it was worth posting here, for the record.

Probably recorded while JC was in HK.

CEO: BlackBerry focusing on device security - CNN.com Video
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, lech31 and 10 others like this.
    10-24-14 07:14 AM
    Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) is Microsoft's EMM product.

In an interview, Brad Anderson (Microsoft's corporate vice president of Cloud & Enterprise) said that EMS will become the firm's fastest business to hit the $1 billion in revenues milestone, eclipsing current record-holder Office 365.

Microsoft Ideally Situated to Own Mobile Device Management | Mobile content from Windows IT Pro

Yesterday he tweeted this:
    "There are some game-changing EMM announcements hitting in the next 2 weeks. I�ll blog about each one & explain the benefits/impacts. #HUGE"

https://twitter.com/InTheCloudMSFT/s...29488693288961
    10-24-14 07:45 AM
    @sati01, Windows Central is - - - - - > that way! Windows Central | News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone
    La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    10-24-14 08:06 AM
    "After gaining U.S. government approval, Samsung Knox security for Android found to be 'completely compromised'"

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...ly-compromised

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    10-24-14 08:24 AM
    Mr Morgan,

Thank you for your prompt and factual reply. Your information is an eye opener!

Yesterday was a bonus day for me as I finally received my BlackBerry Passport. Was too busy setting up hence late response

OT ALERT!!! PSDV

wojciechp!!!

You are welcome! PSDV is a great buy, I won't even look at it again until it flashes above $ 5.50/shr minimum. I believe the stock is worth $ 8.00 - $ 10.00 today, so I won't be a seller until it hits at least that starting point, and, I have somewhere to place those funds. If every other stock in the universe is up too, I'll hold onto it until they go to market with their new approval. The real value is in their methods, not so much their approval, this company can hit several milestones in 2015 and at some point, they will get bought out for their methods. It is so surprising to see it down at these levels today, but then you have HALO hanging in below $ 10.00 and they are firing on all cylinders this year. Fund money will come back into Biotechs and these examples will fly. Today, the IBB Index hit an all time high, very strong indicator there, and you can expect Biotechs to lead the next rally heading into the end of this year.

The under performer today was really HALO, it added some pennies to its price but it didn't spend more than a few minutes trying to clear its 50-dma before backing away. So we'll wait on that one too.

BBRY had a great day, spent 4 days confirming the new breakout above its 50-dma, and parked itself at the Monday high and only $ .03/shr below it intraday high. The rally continues if the stock can make and hold above today's high ( $ 10.35/shr/US).

Best of luck!

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    10-24-14 08:45 AM
    @sati01, Windows Central is - - - - - > that way! Windows Central | News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone
    Now, now, it was Microsoft that brought us Redhat and Linux, now they are adding to their track record of prison like security with free range data storage. Everyone knows that the only people who could/would ever want your data have the right to access it in the first place. We trust Microsoft, if you have ever had to update your operating system (daily?) you would know "Microsoft staff are working 24/7 to protect you". It takes decades to obtain their reputation.
    10-24-14 08:49 AM
    Mr Morgan,

Thank you for your prompt and factual reply. Your information is an eye opener!

Yesterday was a bonus day for me as I finally received my BlackBerry Passport. Was too busy setting up hence late response

OT ALERT Continued:

You are so welcome, one point that I failed to make yesterday was that of cash on hand for PSDV, they now have $ 43 MM bucks in the bank, zero debt and only 29 MM shares outstanding so do the math and you can see how cheap they are net of cash. What a steal below $ 6.00/shr.

Nice start for the market, everything up in early trading, can we hold it?
    CDM76, Jahcure, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    10-24-14 08:55 AM
    OT ALERT Continued:

You are so welcome, one point that I failed to make yesterday was that of cash on hand for PSDV, they now have $ 43 MM bucks in the bank, zero debt and only 29 MM shares outstanding so do the math and you can see how cheap they are net of cash. What a steal below $ 6.00/shr.

Nice start for the market, everything up in early trading, can we hold it?
    Agreed, and I think that next week they are supposed to receive an addition $25M payment for their ILUVIEN from Alimera no? This will bring their cash levels even higher.

10-24-14 09:26 AM
    Agreed, and I think that next week they are supposed to receive an addition $25M payment for their ILUVIEN from Alimera no? This will bring their cash levels even higher.

I don't want to mislead you there, I'm including that $ 25 MM milestone payment too. They currently have $ 18 MM in the bank and will be paid the $ 25 MM any day now. That's $ 1.50/shr in cash and a $ 4.00 stock! Not to mention their revenues will now cover their burn rate for 2015. This is exactly what we all want for BlackBerry, to generate free cash-flow to run the business and retain that $ 3.1 B in cash for acquisitions.
    Corbu, CDM76, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    10-24-14 09:39 AM
    I don't want to mislead you there, I'm including that $ 25 MM milestone payment too. They currently have $ 18 MM in the bank and will be paid the $ 25 MM any day now. That's $ 1.50/shr in cash and a $ 4.00 stock! Not to mention their revenues will now cover their burn rate for 2015. This is exactly what we all want for BlackBerry, to generate free cash-flow to run the business and retain that $ 3.1 B in cash for acquisitions.
    Ah, thank you for this clarification Morgan.

10-24-14 09:42 AM
    We are not surprised! Are we?
    "After gaining U.S. government approval, Samsung Knox security for Android found to be 'completely compromised'"

After gaining U.S. government approval, Samsung Knox security for Android found to be "completely compromised"

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    10-24-14 10:51 AM
    This news coincided nicely with today's dip.
    http://www.emarketsdaily.com/blackbe...secci/1820148/

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.938 I Bell | CB10
    10-24-14 12:55 PM
    Man, I wish they would install these things in all of the world's major airports...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbpassport-igi.jpg

Props to Huge BlackBerry Passport advertisement at New Delhi Airport - BBin
    10-24-14 01:11 PM
    This news coincided nicely with today's dip.
    http://www.emarketsdaily.com/blackbe...secci/1820148/

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.938 I Bell | CB10
    The dip followed Nasdaq's ....

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    10-24-14 01:44 PM
    Funny how this 1986 metric tool went back on the scene w/o any evolution or taking the "turnaround" situation as a parameter (re - the biggest weight is profit) ...
    10-24-14 02:31 PM
    I was almost worried by the above mention of "dip".
    Really ? I'm not anymore, given the general mood !
    We're still gently floating over $10 and that's where we want to stand, aren't we ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    morganplus8, jxnb, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    10-24-14 02:35 PM
    BlackBerry held nice today. Was expecting a huge fallback!

OT: Canada and world related (and taken with a Passport, using the awesome new "video with burst shot photo" feature on 10.3)

Canadian citizens waiting on the Highway of Heroes for the journey of our fallen soldier from Wednesday's tragedy. One positive draw from this awful incident is the coming together as a country.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141024_155005.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141024_155354.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141024_160545.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141024_160758.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:18 PM
    Short numbers up as of the 15th

10/15/2014 99,841,954 13,011,796 7.673188
    9/30/2014 92,233,626 20,641,872 4.468278

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    10-24-14 03:29 PM
    Short numbers up as of the 15th

10/15/201499,841,95413,011,7967.673188
    9/30/201492,233,62620,641,8724.468278

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    I bet after the lenovo rumor, many of them chickened out and covered. We'll have an idea next report.

That 9% rise must have made many of them vomit.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    10-24-14 03:52 PM
    i'm getting a little worried about the short interest continuing to climb, in the past they always had an upper hand im just hoping we don't see another strong pull back. The SP so far has acted fairly well this week, slowly climbing while not reaching overbought territory. I would like to see it move sideways for a few more days to support a good uptrend
    10-24-14 04:01 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry is turning on the BES12 heat towards the year end. From this Italian BB fan site, (thanks to Google translate) it seems that there will be a BES12 presentation in Milan on November 25.

BES12, presentazione a Milano il 25 novembre
    10-24-14 04:21 PM
    OT - Has anyone seen this article regarding IBM and it's woes? By Robert Cringely. I've provided selective quotes, but from my limited experience with IBM and watching what they did with their software acquisitions over the years, Robert is spot on... It's worth the read.

How to Fix IBM - Forbes

Early in his tenure as CEO, Sam Palmisano made changes that created IBM’s problems today. IBM customers are buying fewer products and services. Revenue has dropped each quarter for the past ten. Sam’s changes alienated IBM customers, many of whom are ending what has been in many cases a multi-decade relationship. No amount of earnings promises, no amount of financial engineering, will fix this problem.

IBM forgot the most important part of running a business. While shareholder value is important, it is customers that make business possible.

Under Sam’s leadership IBM began to cut quality, cut corners, and under-deliver on its commitments. IBM squeezed every penny out of every deal without regard to the impact it would have on customers. And those customers have paid dearly. The reputation IBM earned over a century was ruined in a few short years.

What Ginni Rometty and IBM need to do now is simple: Stop doing the things that are damaging IBM. Go back to customers being a corporate priority. They are after all the folks who generate IBM’s revenue.

The Services Problem — IBM needs to fix Global Services, the company’s largest division touching the most customers and a catalyst for IBM’s sales. For IBM to succeed they need a strong and effective services organization. IBM’s Cloud strategy, for example, cannot be financially successful without Services. If Services fail, IBM will fail. It is that simple.

IBM’s Global Services have seen the worst cost cuts and the most layoffs. These cuts have hurt many of IBM’s customers. Many contracts have been cancelled and sales lost. IBM is no longer considered to be a trusted supplier by many of its customers.
    The Mobile Problem – IBM invented the first smart phone (the Simon) in 1993. Today IBM is completely non-existent in the mobile market. Apple and Google are the leaders; Microsoft has been working very hard and making enormous investments to get a foothold in this market. That said, Microsoft is light-years ahead of IBM. IBM has completely missed the biggest change in Information Technology in a decade. This should speak volumes about the leadership at IBM and why they need a large scale change in management.

IBM cannot buy its way into the mobile market. If it isn’t working for Microsoft, it won’t work for IBM. Then again IBM does not have to make big acquisitions to become a big player. IBM needs to think differently. IBM should start by looking at the App Stores of Apple and Google. There IBM will find there tens of thousands of applications – most of them written by individuals and small companies. This can be an archetype for a whole new IBM behavior — creativity. IBM needs its vast workforce to come up with ideas, act on them, and produce mobile applications. IBM should have its own App Store. This will give a way to learn how to use the new mobile platforms. It will provide a way for the application developers to interact with IBM’s customers. Over time IBM will learn and develop mobile technology that is useful to IBM’s customers. This is a market where seeing and using a live application is much better than some marketing copy in a sales presentation.

IBM should be partnering with Apple, Google, and yes – Microsoft. There should be no favorites. IBM already has a mobile deal of sorts with Apple but it is key to understand that it has so far resulted in a total head count increase in Cupertino of two workers, which shows what Apple thinks of IBM. Apple is not enough.

IBM should purchase enterprise licenses for the development tools for every mobile platform. These tools should be made available to any employee with an interest in developing a mobile application. IBM should make it easy for employees to get mobile devices, especially tablets. IBM should provide internal infrastructure – servers, applications, etc. with which to develop and demonstrate mobile computing. The better IBM understands mobile technology, the sooner and better IBM can support its customers. There is a place in the mobile market for IBM. It must make up for lost time and become everyone’s trusted partner.
    Last edited by BanffMoose; 10-24-14 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Mark Apple/IBM deal in bold.
    Corbu, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 7 others like this.
    10-24-14 04:23 PM
    To me, the higher short numbers just means more time for bargains. I'm still buying. This last round of shorters (+7 million) drove the share price down under 9$ US and that was a steal. Look at the share price 2 weeks prior to Oct 15.

My worry is the negativity coming from this. When people have personal financial gain when Blackberry's struggles, that's where this determination to hate/troll comes from.

People don't just wake up and spend their days picking on Blackberry for nothing.

I always hoped blackberry would buy back some shares. Remove 20% of shares from the market and less shares would be shortable. This is another way to squeeze the shorts and eliminate some of their determination to destroy the company.

Going private would have solved this. Then people would love/hate the Blackberry brand on par with others like Motorola or HTC.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:29 PM
    BlackBerry Passport - Keyboard walkthrough and demo | PhoneDog

Cam overviews the Passport keyboard's full feature set, showing you how to use it in depth to make the most of the innovative typing solution. It might take some time to get used to everything it does, but once you've cracked it, touchscreen keyboards suddenly seem dull and archaic.
    10-24-14 09:37 PM
    I think slightly less-wide Passport with 4th row of keys would be ideal.

Bigger than Classic (which is bigger than Q10) but smaller than Passport.

* Maybe 4.1" inch screen instead of 4.5.
    * 4th row of keys
    * Touch enabled physical keyboard
    * slightly narrower / less wide (just slightly)

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB and anon(4086547) like this.
    10-24-14 10:24 PM
113,256 ... 29372938293929402941 ...