View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well on the plus side MOBL is also down about the same percentage 4 more days!!
    09-23-14 12:35 PM
    Answer to the question about how to tune into the event tomorrow:

How to Tune-In to the BlackBerry Passport Event Tomorrow | Inside BlackBerry

It’s the day before our #BlackBerryPassport launch and we’re holding a series of exclusive events in Toronto, London and Dubai. If you’re not able to attend in person, fear not. We’ll be live streaming all the action from Toronto and will be posting video coverage of the event afterwards, as well. Read all the details below to ensure you don’t miss out on any BlackBerry Passport news.

The event will get underway on Wednesday, September 24th at 9:00 AM ET and will start simultaneously in each city.
    The live stream link is: http://live.blackberry.events/
    For those socially-savvy members of Team BlackBerry, please take part and drive the conversation using #BlackBerryPassport on your social media site of choice.
    09-23-14 12:40 PM
    09-23-14 01:12 PM
    Someone needs to hack Cormark's iphones and nude pix..then they will change the rating..
    09-23-14 01:19 PM
    So what's left to announce tomorrow. Passport price, specs, price, info, etc. is all out there. Even Porche launched separately. Blend info is already out.
    I've been asking the same thing

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:04 PM
    From the forums

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-passport.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:05 PM
    http://www.starkinsider.com/2014/09/...ry-reboot.html

It's a little long so didn't want to copy it here. But decent read.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-23-14 02:34 PM
    The big driver of downward share prices today are for the companies who were potential inversion deal targets now that Obama Administration announced that it is making them less favorable. Perhaps people thought that BBRY was a potential target for an acquisition/inversion.
    09-23-14 02:36 PM
    I've been asking the same thing

Posted via CB10
    \
    I understood Chen's plan on showing passport pix to save marketing $$$s and let the hype market it for free but did not understand revealing pretty much everything for the product launch. I do not expect any partnership announcements due to ER after 2 days. Today's price actions might be even due to leaked ER #s. It makes no sense for such huge drop for one stupid manipulated downgrade.
    CDM76 and theRock1975 like this.
    09-23-14 02:37 PM
    ...and another
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-passport3.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-23-14 02:42 PM
    none of the recent news mentions anything about the Z3 or anticipated sales figures.

since it wasn't released in western countries are these analysts not giving it any weight? or is it because so much of that revenue is going to end up with Foxconn?
    09-23-14 02:43 PM
    Just had a thought. What is the likeliness of seeing Movirtu virtual dual-sim on the Passport tomorrow?

BlackBerry may have just recently acquired them, but who knows how long they've been acquainted..?
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-23-14 02:46 PM
    Just had a thought. What is the likeliness of seeing Movirtu virtual dual-sim on the Passport tomorrow?

BlackBerry may have just recently acquired them, but who knows how long they've been acquainted..?
    My understanding is that it will be integrated into BES offerings down the road. It won't be on a base device. Will be rolled out like Balance unfortunately. I'd love to have both on my consumer device but not happening unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:50 PM
    My understanding is that it will be integrated into BES offerings down the road. It won't be on a base device. Will be rolled out like Balance unfortunately. I'd love to have both on my consumer device but not happening unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    In the developed countries this makes sense as it adds yet another point of differentiation between BES and the competition. But probably more profitable if they could roll it out to all phones, especially cross carrier.

Hopefully they keep the entire Movirtu portfolio and let them grow it. Will really help then cement ownership of the developing countries.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-23-14 03:08 PM
    none of the recent news mentions anything about the Z3 or anticipated sales figures.

since it wasn't released in western countries are these analysts not giving it any weight? or is it because so much of that revenue is going to end up with Foxconn?
    Even if the profit is small, it is the number of sold devices that tells the story of how much traction the Z3 has gotten.

The value of the exposure that that offers BBRY is greater then the dollar value of what is left after Foxconn took their shares.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:11 PM
    I am just dismayed that I don't have any spare cash at the moment to buy during the drop....

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:15 PM
    I am just dismayed that I don't have any spare cash at the moment to buy during the drop....

Posted via CB10
    I in opposite position.

I have cash available but am scared of putting too much into BlackBerry and the fear of the possibility that stock will drop.

Too many unknowns with this stock right now

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 09-23-14 at 04:24 PM.
    09-23-14 04:13 PM
    How likely is this given BlackBerry's history of trying to be a good partner to all?...
    What can they say? They are truly Canadian.

That aside, I like the approach BlackBerry is taking on gaining trusted partners one-by-one, and I don't see them as being a 'me-too' player, nor a good partner to all for any other reason then the fact that they are behind the 8-ball, with limited resources, and low market sentiment.
    Like I said, I like the consistent approach here, and at the risk of sounding over confident, I see BlackBerry taking a noticeable chunk of Apple's empire over the next couple of years.
    Yeah, I know. Apple has unbelievable cash, and a dominant market sentiment, but after this large iPhone, what are they going to do next???
    Apple pay is definitely a solid idea, but the world knows Apple for devices, so would Apple have such an easy time trumping others' in fields that they have never dominated?
    Personally, I have serious doubt.

BlackBerry is branching out from a root-base that they already dominate, more so than trying to take over fields that they have never grazed in before. That is why my confidence is high with them.

Last, if Apple investors get the feeling that Apple is digging too deep in their huge pockets to keep things propped up, it just may start a cascade of investors leaving the stock.
    morganplus8, CDM76, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    09-23-14 04:40 PM
    Upon second thought, I have decided to take it up a notch. I am getting two of them! The second one, I will used it as a loaner:...

Cheers!
    If we become friends, can I use your loaner?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-23-14 04:48 PM
    If we become friends, can I use your loaner?
    I would, don't get me wrong, but you are already sold to BBRY!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 04:55 PM
    Slightly OT:
    Have you guys seen this issue being reported on the new iPhone6 Plus?
    iPhone 6s are being bent in people?s pockets (including mine) | Apple | Geek.com
    09-23-14 05:33 PM
    Slightly OT:
    iPhone 6s are being bent in people?s pockets (including mine) | Apple | Geek.com
    My friend and I were talking about that today lol. people having their phone in their pocket, bumping a table and bending it.

Here's a Google pic lol:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ip6p_bent_03.jpg

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-23-14 05:38 PM
    Slightly OT:
    This here has some better pics..

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/...nding-pockets/

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:41 PM
    This here has some better pics..

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/...nding-pockets/

Posted via CB10
    New Apple innovation, the bendable phone!!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:53 PM
    New Apple innovation, the bendable phone!!

Posted via CB10
    Apple tests all its phones. But to do real world tests and keep them secret they put them in big cases. I wonder if this slipped through the cracks in their design? Or is this just a few of one million phones. I mean people break iphones all the time. It isn't really news. But if you can't put the plus in your pocket that is going to be news.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:01 PM
113,256 ... 28572858285928602861 ...