View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That and superfly being all excited....sigh going to be a long and anxious week

I'm kind of surprised Chen leaked so much information just before the launch and ER. I wonder what else he has up his sleeve...
    3_M4N and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-22-14 10:16 AM
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...click=sf_globe

Passport looks like will be priced at $600 USD.

That's a great price!

Edit: Already posted.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-22-14 10:23 AM
    09-22-14 10:44 AM
    I am curious how many of the regulars here will buy the Passport? On launch? Eventually?

I will say I have decided not to, I have the Z30 which is a very good phone and the physical keyboard isn't as important to me as it used to be I am perfectly happy with the BB10 keyboard or SwiftKey on Android. I think the footprint of the Passport too large/wide for me I recently "downsized" from the Galaxy Note 3 to the LG G3 on Android for example the very large footprint of the Note had really grown too large for me and I feel the width of the Passport also would not appeal to me.

I am very happy that BlackBerry has seemingly listened to it's fan base and price the new phone where I would say it's competitive. Just reading through this blog recently it seems that $599 or equivalent was about where most of the folks here on CrackBerry were hoping it would come in so I expect a good sized surge on launch from the folks here - the believers I would call them. From there hopefully their evangelism combined with some actual marketing this time by BlackBerry will get others interested in the phones. I still to this date, have not seen a Z30 other than my own in the wild.

I am hoping we see the Z30's successor very soon with similar internals to the Passport - that would be a launch day order for me.
    Can't speak for others but as for me, as an investor who believes on what he invested in, I will be getting one asap. Having sported the Z30 for almost a year now I haven't had many people ask me what phone it was, because it looked like every other phone from afar. With the Passport however, one can expect to get many looks and questions, and for me that is free advertisement for BBRY.

So I will be getting one as an investor, but I will be enjoying it as a BBRY USER !

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:54 AM
    The CP just woke up:
    BlackBerry undercuts Apple and Samsung prices with new Passport model
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bl...153735021.html

Same content as what was announced earlier.
    09-22-14 11:02 AM
    Gang: there's nothing I can reveal now (I'm under NDA).
    But please just share my personal feeling right now regarding what you'll learn the 24th :

WOW
    Superfly, your WOW is a very good sign for the 24th! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-22-14 11:03 AM
    But please just share my personal feeling right now regarding what you'll learn the 24th :

WOW
    You just made me put in a Buy order
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    09-22-14 11:06 AM

WOW
    DAT anxiety!!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tumblr_lpqirysl1i1qgp297.gif
    Superfly_FR and KenFletch like this.
    09-22-14 11:16 AM
    The classic is under way in november. At a rumored price of 235$. If that's true... pricing is better than ever before.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    09-22-14 11:18 AM
    The classic is under way in november. At a rumored price of 235$. If that's true... pricing is better than ever before.

Posted via CB10
    Second time I've heard this rumour. Where does it come from?
    3_M4N likes this.
    09-22-14 11:21 AM
    Second time I've heard this rumour. Where does it come from?
    Read it on one of the classic forums. A rumor not a leak.... but interesting nevertheless. This price point should make it possible for legacy "curve" users to upgrade to bb10. The Q5 hasn't been that successful on reaching those users, I guess. (Q5 is actually a good all rounder for bb10 qwerty on budget. No Q5 love on CB though.)

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:35 AM

WOW
    Superfly_FR !!!

Someone has to say it, please be extremely careful posting positive/negative "inferences" to a company that you are NDA on. If you state that you are under NDA and proceed to offer "guidance" of any sort you could be liable should someone, like a large Fund, make use of your excitement to buy the stock thinking they now have some inside "guidance" regarding an announcement of some sort.

To everyone else, don't buy the stock because someone said "WOW", buy it because you are investing in it based on what YOU know about the investment today.

I'm in a similar situation with a popular company today and I cannot say anything about what I know or how I feel about what I know about this company. It's hard not to tell your friends about some possible news that can/will/might affect them but we just can't do that. Nothing personal here, I just don't want to see a lawsuit come out of nowhere in the days ahead. GL
    09-22-14 12:06 PM
    BlackBerry Reloads, Takes Renewed Aim at the Enterprise - MoneyBeat - WSJ

Unable to embed video. Sorry.

The firings are over at BlackBerry. The focus now is on rebuilding the brand.

With a new product launch this week, BlackBerry CEO John Chen is focused on the future for this company, which once upon a time had the smartphone market pretty much to itself. But those days are long gone, and today the Canadian company is pivoting away from and conceding the consumer market and moving fully back toward the market where it first made its mark: the enterprise business.

Ben Dummett joined the MoneyBeat show this morning to talk about the company’s challenges, and opportunities, and whether or not all this is just staging for a sale later down the line.
    09-22-14 12:39 PM
    What does superfly do?

I am not getting a passport. It's to wide to go in an armband when running.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:04 PM
    YAY!!! I have no clue what it could be, but you just got me VERY excited! Thanks, SF!
    Why do you believe him? He said nothing but just 'wow'. And it means nothing. Maybe he just want you to buy shares?
    Someone I know was in London on Porsche Design Event last week and said that the people are not in the good mood before Passport Event (and ER).
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 01:05 PM
    Why do you believe him? He said nothing but just 'wow'. And it means nothing. Maybe he just want you to buy shares?
    Someone I know was in London on Porsche Design Event last week and said that the people are not in the good mood before Passport Event (and ER).
    Same with you. You could be trying to do the same, negatively.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-22-14 01:12 PM
    People were in a great mood before BB10 launched in January 2013.. and look how that turned out. So your point is moot.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:20 PM
    of course. trust noone
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-14 01:21 PM
    Why do you believe him? He said nothing but just 'wow'. And it means nothing.
    It means he is excited about something. Nothing more.
    It could be a pink Passport for example . (If that is true, than the SP will tank and Superfly has a bad taste LOL)
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    09-22-14 01:21 PM
    Wow. A few days before the launch of the Passport and the ER and all the trolls arrive. Please go find another hole to live in. Thank you!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    09-22-14 01:22 PM
    SuperFly_FR started this thread and we who have been conversing with him over the time this thread has remained active have come to know him and respect him and the things he says. I am now very anxious to see what he thought deserved a WOW.

That said the sage comments from Morgan are as usual spot on. Be careful when using real money. What might be "Wow" to us might not be to the rest of the world - time will tell.
    Mr BBRY, JLagoon and morganplus8 like this.
    09-22-14 01:24 PM
    People were in a great mood before BB10 launched in January 2013.. and look how that turned out. So your point is moot.
    Yes, they were. And what was the result? Release of Z10 was a hmm... maybe disaster is not a good word, but for sure it was not a big success.
    I think it is a bit like with the comedy movies. When you listen to the release/promo materials and director and all the actors says that the movie is great, and they had a lot of fun acting - the most probably the movie is a piece of crap, not funny at all.
    And I am one of the last who wish BB bad.
    09-22-14 01:24 PM
    Wow. A few days before the launch of the Passport and the ER and all the trolls arrive. Please go find another hole to live in. Thank you!

Well said....

sidhuk, Corbu, bizzarothor and 1 others like this.
    09-22-14 01:26 PM
    Yes, they were. And what was the result? Release of Z10 was a hmm... maybe disaster is not a good word, but for sure it was not a big success.
    I think it is a bit like with the comedy movies. When you listen to the release/promo materials and director and all the actors says that the movie is great, and they had a lot of fun acting - the most probably the movie is a piece of crap, not funny at all.
    And I am one of the last who wish BB bad.
    Exactly, my point is that you shouldnt judge how successful an event will be based on the "mood" of some people involved with the company.

Posted via CB10
    FijiBB likes this.
    09-22-14 01:34 PM
    I am interested to see if buy-the-rumor and sell-the-news pattern repeats!

If stock doesn't tank after ER and launch, I'd be very pleased! That'd be a welcome break from previous 8 quarters's post ER/launch action!

Also, I think Passport is going to sell well. If not sell, it is atleast going to succeed in garnering exposure that BlackBerry so badly needs. Passport is impossible to ignore because:

1. It's giant. People confuse my q10 for bold and z10/z30 for some generic android. Q10, Z don't garner a second look as such.
    But Passport, with its dimensions, is going to be impossible to ignore. People would want to see it. They'd be like 'hey, what phone is that? Can I see it?'

2. When you swipe on physical keyboard - it's a gesture that everyone would notice. It's going to get people curious.

Both features will definitely attract more eyeballs. Both are impossible to ignore traits.

Hopefully more exposure would mean more sales.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 09-22-14 at 02:27 PM.
    09-22-14 01:58 PM
113,251 ... 28532854285528562857 ...