View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    United Nations declares U.S. government spying on its own citizens is a crime against Human Rights http://www.naturalnews.com/046228_go...d_Nations.html

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    We as citizens of the free world must speck out for those who are oppressed from governments that hate freedom and democracy.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...---the-program

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-30-14 09:31 AM
    BlackBerry is well differentiated in #IoT with its handset HW security & uniquely rated QNX OS. https://t.co/zWNx8IhCwP #BBSecurity"

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    Did I read this right?
    "BlackBerry's security people had a little bit to say about identity as well, and apparently more's to come. For now, they are flagging that with 250 million customers in their messaging system, BBM represents "one of the biggest identity systems in the world". And as such the company does plan to "federate" it somehow. They reminded us at the same time of the BlackBerry Cloud slated for launch in December."

Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-30-14 09:32 AM
    Can BlackBerry Become The Next Security Superpower?

Everyone looks at BlackBerry an thinks its trying to become a simple EMM company of yesteryear. What we need to consider is that EMM could be the foundation for our next generation of identity management and security solutions across the entire computing stack. EMM will evolve to managing and securing every enterprise connected device, not just smartphones and tablets. It has the potential to control your buildings HVAC system, manage your fleet vehicles and any other network connected devices.
    Can BlackBerry Become The Next Security Superpower? - Forbes
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    07-30-14 09:43 AM
    I don't believe anything these guys say but.......
    NO WAY: Ex-BlackBerry CEO's bold prediction might actually be coming true
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/KozSmIDX1fc/

georg4BB, bungaboy, _dimi_ and 1 others like this.
    07-30-14 09:53 AM
    I think you nailed the difference Rock...Google MS and Apple too are all trying to corner the market and control it. BlackBerry is trying to provide tools for improved understanding of big data. I think there is a market for secure data too...that's where they are headed imo.

Eazzy Peazzy
    I think the blackberry version of iot came from strategic review of their NOC. It's a one of a kind private network of 650+ carriers. It took decades to realize. One good use is private messaging. The other is iot. BlackBerry and carriers offering BIS have most to gain.

My Electricity meter is already connected to the city. We have "Time of use" rates and up to the second load information. How is the device communicating? How about vehicle fleets? There are so many connections needed to interconnect everything. Cisco estimates the market will be $ 19 trillion!! Not sure if to buy Blackberry at $9.75 or $9.80??? Think about it. BBRY has a market cap of 1% of Apple.

Meanwhile, the geeks in the lunchroom are super excited about the new light bulbs that you can turn on with an app!. Yep there's an app for turning on one light bulb! This is not Iot, it's network of things.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:53 AM
    Did I read this right?
    "BlackBerry's security people had a little bit to say about identity as well, and apparently more's to come. For now, they are flagging that with 250 million customers in their messaging system, BBM represents "one of the biggest identity systems in the world". And as such the company does plan to "federate" it somehow. They reminded us at the same time of the BlackBerry Cloud slated for launch in December."

Seems awfully high.. last I heard was 150 million downloads and 85million active users..
    07-30-14 10:04 AM
    Seems awfully high.. last I heard was 150 million downloads and 85million active users..
    I am confused too.
    Then I read this with the same numbers.
    http://thetechieguy.com/2014/07/29/b...ion-bes-users/

07-30-14 10:20 AM
    Really Interesting on NASDAQ on the "News for BBRY" there is not news about BBRY buying SecuSmart (which was yesterday) but today there an article title "The Amazon Fire Phone will Fail" hard to not believe there is conspiracy.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nasdaq.png
    07-30-14 10:24 AM
    07-30-14 10:43 AM
    I think it is a good comment. What proof do you people have to show Blackberry is secure from the NSA?

Funny how no matter how ridiculous they statements are FOR Blackberry (and there are many), few here can stand to hear any negative and complain! Reminds me of our government and how the news reports what they do.

Good to see a few of the members, here, have see the light and no longer drink the Blackberry Koolaid unconditionally!

One sided conversation does not make a good forum.
    Burden of proof always lies with the one making a claim that something has occurred or existed.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    07-30-14 10:45 AM
    DJ Germany to Examine Whether to Veto BlackBerry's Acquisition of Secusmart on Security Concern

By Andrea Thomas

BERLIN--Germany will examine whether BlackBerry Ltd.'s planned acquisition of Germany's Secusmart GmbH should be vetoed on national security grounds, because the company provides encryption technology for mobile phones used by the German government, including Chancellor Angela Merkel.

The German government is seeking ways to bolster its security standards after a document leaked in October by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden claimed that U.S. intelligence had been spying on the chancellor's cellphone for years.

"We will examine within one month whether the purchase of Secusmart affects essential security interests of Germany and whether we will open an in-depth review...or not," Tanja Alemany Sanchez de Leon, spokeswoman for the German economics ministry, said Wednesday.

Germany could theoretically ban the sale of Duesseldorf-based Secusmart under its Foreign Trade Regulations, but the government hasn't used these regulations to veto corporate acquisitions in the past.

Secusmart makes encryption technology to guard against eavesdropping. The technology runs on BlackBerry 10 cellphones.

Secusmart Managing Director Hans-Christoph Quelle has said the tie-up will spur expansion, as demand for technology to combat electronic eavesdropping and data theft increases.

Germany's planned probe will be in addition to the cartel office's usual examination of company acquisitions.

--Ben Dummett in Toronto contributed to this article.

Write to Andrea Thomas at [email protected]

Subscribe to WSJ: The Wall Street Journal - Breaking News, Business, Financial and Economic News, World News & Video - Wall Street Journal - Wsj.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    July 30, 2014 11:17 ET (15:17 GMT)
    Copyright (c) 2014 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 11 17 AM EDT 07-30-14
    07-30-14 10:59 AM
    07-30-14 11:07 AM
    I am confused too.
    Then I read this with the same numbers.
    http://thetechieguy.com/2014/07/29/b...ion-bes-users/

If you read the URL you posted, it says 250 million BES users. That's definitely not true haha
    07-30-14 11:09 AM
    If you read the URL you posted, it says 250 million BES users. That's definitely not true haha
    I read it in this article too.
    under the second last item/column "A mouse in the big apple".
    "John Sims discloses that BES has 250 million users."
    2 Big Elephants Afraid Of A Mouse: What Apple Is Not Telling You About BlackBerry - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    W Hoa, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    07-30-14 11:23 AM
    07-30-14 12:06 PM
    By Teresa Rivas

Tuesday saw Wells Fargo get more constructive on BlackBerry (BBRY), although news also broke the Ford (F) would be swapping out the firm’s devices for Apple (AAPL) iPhones for its employees.

Today Credit Suisse’s Kulbinder Garcha and team are weighing in, reiterating an Underperform rating. They write that BlackBerry’s Security Summit expounded upon management’s goal to make the company into an end-to-end security firm, and while its history and brand in this area are strong, they are still concerned that BlackBerry won’t be able to build a new services revenues stream to offset the declines in carrier access revenues.

From the note:

Focusing on regulated markets. Management articulated that the new Blackberry would be focused on several long-term drivers in the area of mobile security. First, the company will target highly regulated markets. Second, the end-to-end nature of the company portfolio i.e. from MDM, security, BES and devices is a differentiator versus peers. Third, the simultaneous drivers of BYOD, IOT heightened security environment, provide a solid backdrop for industry growth.

Services shortfall is a gap that is hard to offset. Our concern remains that the current decline in services revenues cannot be offset by the build-up of new revenue streams. Specifically based upon our analysis we show that current services revenues will drop from their current run rate of $2.0bn to $1.2bn next year. In order for Blackberry to hit their guidance of FCF break even and a return to growth for FY16, the company would need to attract around 51mn users on their platform by year end 2016. We believe the challenge will be to grow MDM revenues in a crowded market to offset the revenue loss from legacy services business.

They maintained a $6 price target, nearly 40% downside from the stock’s current levels around $9.70. They write that the best situation for the company is a breakup, and “Assuming shutting down the hardware business by the end of FY15 and winding down the services business by the end of FY16, we arrive at NAV of $3.1bn ($6 per share).”
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-30-14 12:16 PM
    this guy s is back.

Why I'm still right about the BlackBerry Passport (and other things)

with this to say.
    "And as for the "discredited journalist" comments, seriously? Four years later and people are still beating that old horse? Larry Dignan’s "Watergatian" effort to discredit me dug up what, exactly? That I ran a small, one-person consultancy firm? Check. That I really did have huge Wall Street clients, like Morgan Stanley, who site-license my software? Check. That I never actually falsified any data or otherwise published anything demonstrably untrue? Check.

In fact, the only thing this buffoon ever managed to "pin" on me was that I once used the name "Craig Barth" to separate my very real, full-time job supporting Morgan and others, from my very frivolous, part-time gig as a shock-jock blogger for InfoWorld. And even then, he got the story wrong when he claimed that Mr. Barth was some fictitious character I created."
    07-30-14 12:45 PM
    Burden of proof always lies with the one making a claim that something has occurred or existed.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    And then some . . .

07-30-14 12:51 PM
    Snapchat reportedly in funding talks that value it at $10 billion, as much as Airbnb and Dropbox http://gigaom.com/2014/07/30/snapcha...nb-and-dropbox

Shanerredflag, rarsen and zyben like this.
    07-30-14 01:10 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-30-14 01:16 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    Speaking of green.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-painter_5.gif
    07-30-14 01:25 PM
    BlackBerry Plays Down Loss of Ford Business - WSJ

Ford Motor Co.'s decision to switch thousands of its employees to Apple Inc.'s iPhone from BlackBerry Ltd. smartphones highlights the Canadian company's need to start selling its updated mobile-management software soon if it is to regain key corporate customers.

The U.S. auto maker started switching over about 3,300 of its some 186,000 employees to corporate iPhones from BlackBerrys last year and expects to complete this process by the end of the 2014, Ford spokeswoman Sara Tatchio confirmed Wednesday.

"We had no issues" with BlackBerry, but Ford decided the iPhone met the professional and security needs of its employees, Ms. Tatchio said.

BlackBerry played down the significance of Ford's decision.

"While we can't comment on this customer, we understand that there is diversity and choice in the market. Whether customers choose iOS, Android, Windows or BlackBerry devices, BlackBerry has the mobility management software to securely manage any device," a BlackBerry spokeswoman said in an email.

BlackBerry has lost a string of corporate and government clients to rivals over the last several years as its new devices fell flat in the market. Those losses included Halliburton Co. and the Transportation Security Administration.

To help win back enterprise customers, BlackBerry Chief Executive John Chen is counting on updated software that handles security for company-issued devices. Firms can use the technology whether employees use BlackBerrys, iPhones or other devices.

That software is due to be launched around November, but the wait means BlackBerry risks losing business from companies making mobile-communications decisions now for their employees.

The Ford decision "just shows the headwinds that Chen is facing...with new [management device software] still not available to sell," said Canaccord Genuity analyst Mike Walkley. BlackBerry "continues to lose core customers," he said.

Ford started switching its BlackBerry users to iPhones well before Apple this month announced a partnership with International Business Machines Corp. to develop mobile applications for big businesses. Still, Ford's decision may add to investor concerns that the tie-up represents a threat to BlackBerry.

Earlier this week, Mr. Chen said he believes his firm has a competitive advantage due to BlackBerry's expertise in security and its moves to make its messaging communication and mobile device management software more secure and adaptable.

BlackBerry is also counting on the success of its QNX software to help drive its turnaround. Auto makers use the technology to allow drivers to connect with their in-car multimedia systems using their mobile devices. BlackBerry also expects this technology to play a key role in allowing businesses and people to connect to an array of machines over the Internet using mobile devices.

In February, the Wall Street Journal reported Ford planned to switch to QNX software from Microsoft Corp. technology starting in 2016 to power the SYNC mobile-phone multimedia offering for its cars.

"Ford and Microsoft are longtime partners and will continue to work together," Ford spokeswoman Susannah Wesley said in an e-mail. "Ford also works with a variety of technology companies to develop and continuously improve our in-car connectivity systems [and] it is too soon to discuss details about the next generation of SYNC."
    07-30-14 02:08 PM
    Re the veto on Secusmart. I think Germany would be much happier BlackBerry buying them than let's say Google, Samsung, Apple or MS...imagine the scandal with that in Europe.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Corbu, theRock1975, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    07-30-14 02:12 PM
    For the last paragraph, mostly.

BlackBerry Buys German Security Firm Secusmart - Enterprise I.T. on CIO Today

Looking to burnish its business reputation, BlackBerry has agreed to buy a German mobile security company that specializes in voice/data encryption as well as anti-eavesdropping solutions. The company, Secusmart, has previously partnered with the Canadian phone-maker to offer security solutions for such customers as Germany's Federal Office for Information Security.

The purchase price was not made public, and the deal still needs the approval of regulators. The acquisition was announced at the BlackBerry Security Summit currently taking place in New York.

Based in D�sseldorf, Secusmart specializes in encryption technology to ward off eavesdropping, and its customers include the governments of Canada and Germany.

'Much More Distance'

BlackBerry CEO John Chen said in a statement that the company "is always improving our security, with devices being used for more critical tasks and to store more critical information, and security attacks becoming more sophisticated."

Chen has pointed out that half of IT spending in mobile takes place in such regulated industries as government, finance, and healthcare. Secusmart customers include German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and BlackBerry is angling to present itself as the most security-conscious enterprise mobility company with devices, mobile management and security.

Chen told The Wall Street Journal that Secusmart offers "a high value-added technology that I could charge for . . . and [it] creates that much more distance between me and competitors."

The recent IBM-Apple deal is seen as key competition to BlackBerry's comeback efforts, especially because it will offer secure mobile solutions, including mobile management, for enterprises and governments. In its announcement, BlackBerry noted that its customers include all G7 governments, all 10 of the largest global enterprises in the pharmaceutical, legal and automotive industries, and the five largest oil and gas companies.

'Necessary Acquisition'

Secusmart's managing director Hans-Christoph Quelle told news media that the transaction "is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate growth in the market for high-end secure communications solutions." He added that "Secusmart and BlackBerry's solution already meets the highest security requirements of the German federal authorities and NATO for restricted communications."

Laura DiDio, an analyst with industry research firm Information Technology Intelligence Corp, told us that the buy is a "necessary acquisition that has immediate and long-term applications" for BlackBerry.

She noted the timing, with the security-focused Black Hat conference kicking off this weekend, and said that the purchase positions BlackBerry "as a growing company."

As it boosts its security credentials, the company is seeking to expand its mobile management presence. Last week, it announced that BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 10 will be available as a hosted service from six providers. BES allows customers to utilize the secure BlackBerry network, while managing iOS and Android devices as well as BlackBerry devices.

German tech companies also play a central role in that announcement. The company said on its Web site that German mobile management company Isec7 will provide worldwide hosting for BES, and three Germany-based companies -- Solvito, Systag Systemhaus and BFI -- will provide that service in their countries. IBM's Germany subsidiary will also provide service to European customers, and Exchange My Mail will cover North America.
    07-30-14 02:17 PM
    China and Japanese hackers might eat Ford up? Ford already made a huge blunder with going with Microsoft instead of QNX and they might. learned the hard way again. This time the cost could be catastrophic. Time will tell. Ford could be a good short as they seem bent on making all the wrong moves in the name of patriotism? The Germans learned the hard way on why you shouldn't use what is IMO a pro NSA spy iphone.. IBM and apple know very well as do American companies that are now losing countless billions on lost sales as governments/ enterprise and consumers like myself are voting with their dollars against American companies. http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ge-for-clients
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by notafanboy; 07-30-14 at 03:11 PM.
    07-30-14 02:24 PM
113,256 ... 27652766276727682769 ...