Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Volume is super low.
    02-22-13 11:49 AM
    I'm going to be honest here guys, I've stopped drinking the BBRY koolaid and this is my suggestion.

For anyone who wants true investing advice on BBRY, this thread will just let you sip the koolaid even more. You're on a blackberry forum specifically talking about the z10. Of course everyone is going to be sipping the koolaid together and will be completely bias. Any negativity is usually shot down instantly because simply you guys have fell in love with the stock (BBRY). This is usually bad investing practice as it can burn you pretty bad, just like it burned me.

My 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt. Happy investing!

*note, i still hold an empty bag of BBRY calls and still believe in the company, but will not be playing any short term plays since theres no news and nothing to substantially move this stock anymore. hype is gone.*
    02-22-13 11:50 AM
    none of us will remember these days in May, when it's $20/share.
    just don't worry too much about it.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    02-22-13 11:51 AM
    I'm going to be honest here guys, I've stopped drinking the BBRY koolaid and this is my suggestion.

For anyone who wants true investing advice on BBRY, this thread will just let you sip the koolaid even more. You're on a blackberry forum specifically talking about the z10. Of course everyone is going to be sipping the koolaid together and will be completely bias. Any negativity is usually shot down instantly because simply you guys have fell in love with the stock (BBRY). This is usually bad investing practice as it can burn you pretty bad, just like it burned me.

My 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt. Happy investing!

*note, i still hold an empty bag of BBRY calls and still believe in the company, but will not be playing any short term plays since theres no news and nothing to substantially move this stock anymore. hype is gone.*
    don't let the door hit you on your way out.
    02-22-13 11:52 AM
    I sure hope you're right. Time will tell I guess. As for the authors of rediculous articles, I doubt they will even acknowledge their mistake or even recognize it. No big deal though...
    In the old days cheats and liars were publically flogged or locked in the stockades in the Town square.

We have a new norm these days.
    lcjr likes this.
    02-22-13 11:54 AM
    don't let the door hit you on your way out.
    that's exactly what I'm talking about. thanks for proving my point!

everyone in this thread is just feeding each other the koolaid. it's also not like i wasn't an investor of the stock as well, read back to all my posts. this is crowd herd mentality which fuels each other to keep believing SHORT term in that BBRY will explode....it won't until there is some type of positive raw news.

good luck to all!
    jhill396 likes this.
    02-22-13 11:56 AM
    why are you still here?
    this is for those who believe and invested.
    not for those who just want to be debbie downers.
    02-22-13 11:59 AM
    why are you still here?
    this is for those who believe and invested.
    not for those who just want to be debbie downers.
    I'm not sure if you even read my posts, but i'm still holding a bunch of calls for BBRY. This means I AM STILL invested in this company.

I'm here to help those see reality and not just keep feeding the people a sugar coated excuse, oh it will be better monday, tuesday, wedneday etc etc. Anyone can keep telling you oh it will be a better day...but some people should also take a look at what is happening now...since they do check this thread daily which means they do care about the short term situation of BBRY in some regards.
    jhill396 likes this.
    02-22-13 12:00 PM

everyone in this thread is just feeding each other the koolaid. it's also not like i wasn't an investor of the stock as well, read back to all my posts. this is crowd herd mentality which fuels each other to keep believing SHORT term in that BBRY will explode....it won't until there is some type of positive raw news.

good luck to all!
    I agree with you that this thread perpetuates herd mentality. I take everything said here with a grain of salt...I welcome negative news and I enjoy analyzing it for myself to see if it holds any value.

Shooting down negative news without merit is amateur.
    duckJAI, tiziano27 and MoolahMitch like this.
    02-22-13 12:01 PM
    its just a bad day for the stock down 50 cents....ppl are emotional today
    02-22-13 12:03 PM
    it's easy to come here when the stock is red and be critical. where were you when it was $18.50 or $17.20?
    oh, that's right. you were "drinking the kool-aid" with the rest of us.
    02-22-13 12:03 PM
    Shooting down someone saying the Z10 has no camera makes sense. (Fictional example of someone saying complete non sense)

At the end of the day, the smartphone market has become really like "teams" and everyone is trying to "attack" easily the others. I think SOME negative news should be shot down instantly, if the negative news comes into HARD numbers and such, no one will brush it off. Right now, tons of people publishing RUMORS about negative things and people here are criticizing their sources and that's what we should do.
    02-22-13 12:05 PM
    My thoughts, on the positive side of this:
    If shorts pounce (that is, they cover), the price will rise up dramatically. So, I guess, if the stock does end up going down to $9, it'll start a short squeeze! By now, shorts must have figured out that they can't keep price down for much longer. March ER call will reveal that BB sold FAR MORE than 300,000 and then their manipulation techniques will even have a less of an effect later. So, if shorts succeed in getting price down to < $10, they'd probably conclude that the best time to cover is BEFORE March ER (when their lies are sure to be exposed).
    I want to be positive, but I think beating the 300,000 number isn't going to do anything for the stock. Nobody can seriously believe that number. If it is a real number, BBRY is dead in the water will be taken over. That's what the shorts are waiting for which is why I discount them as the motivation for that report. They want a low number that BBRY probably can't beat so they can pounce. 300,000 should have been done with just the first 2 weeks in Canada and UK. In order to get an ER bounce you are going to have to see at least 750,000+, maybe 1M. Even then those who want to be negative will say things like "BBRY sold 750,000 Z10 phones in the quarter, not bad for BBRY but still 1/5 of what the iphoneX did on the first weekend it debuted."

You are probably all sick of my posts but ... They need to announce a US launch date ASAP. Until then, there isn't even an estimate as to when they will get a real sense of significant demand and switch over to the Z 10 and maybe Q10 pre-orders. Guessing on a date when you can start guessing or projecting isn't palatable for most investors and as such the lack of buyers to prop up the stock. JMHO
    02-22-13 12:06 PM
    So guys, I sold out yesterday. I think that there has been a technical breakdown.

My best guess is that we're going lower for the next week or two. I want to see it flatten out before I jump back in.

Long-term I have a hard time seeing BBRY spend much time below $10. And if sales numbers are acceptable then we'll probably be over $20 within a year. But it's normal to bounce around a bit, particularly as the new product gets its bugs sorted out.
    02-22-13 12:10 PM
    it's easy to come here when the stock is red and be critical. where were you when it was $18.50 or $17.20?
    oh, that's right. you were "drinking the kool-aid" with the rest of us.
    Actually you got it the other way. It's easy for someone to be critical when they don't own any stock or options in said company that is red for the last week or so. But of course, that doesn't apply to me since I'm a stocks/options holder. Being critical while owning the stock is how you keep your head straight in this investing game.
    02-22-13 12:10 PM

good luck to all!
    To be honest, as much as i hear what you say, i think we have remained fairly objective. I dont think many people are in this for the short term. I invested last year around this time and have held the same position on one account. The other one i play around a bit with. But in both cases I fully expect to have to hold on to the stock for minimum 6 months, maximum 2 years from today to get the returns i am looking.
    If anyone is in for the short term, they best have balls of steel! Also as many people have repeated over and over again, dont invest what you cannot afford to loose, I have already written off all the money I have invested.
    You are mistaking all of the daily posts here as people trading, we are more like commentators on a daily basis.

I think what it boils down to is this: Do you believe in the power of the QNX operating system as the platform for mobile computing in the future? The actual phones are really a small part of that vision. sure every phone has to sell well, I am not arguing that point.

From the little i have understood and read about operating systems, QNX really does offer up some amazing opportunities which other operating systems will not be able to duplicate. it is on that basis that I am investing.
    02-22-13 12:13 PM
    Yep, if it continues like this then I'll be in for a longer time than anticipated. However, I'm playing with money I already kissed goodbye and won off other stock earnings. I'm not playing around with money I need now or later. This is just fun and games for me, that's why I keep a positive and fun attitude.
    02-22-13 12:15 PM
    the thread is titles: I SUPPORT BB, and i buy shares.
    not;
    I am impartial to BB and think i can make a quick buck trading their stock.

most of us here have a longer vision of where this will be in 3-6-12 months from now. this is why most didn't sell at the recent highs. because they are not here for a quick buck. they are here for the long run.
    ( hindsight being 20/20, sure we wish we sold at the highs and bought back in low, but oh well )

so for you to come here and troll ( that's what you're doing. looking to get a reaction and nothing more ) while it's down a little is a reflection of your character.
    bungaboy, DragonFlyer and john1110 like this.
    02-22-13 12:15 PM
    I personally welcome ALL news, the only way you can make a informed decision. Everyone should be doing their own due diligence regardless of what gets put into this channel and I mainly check this forum to see if there is any info I have missed.
    Last edited by MoolahMitch; 02-22-13 at 12:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Bugmapper likes this.
    02-22-13 12:21 PM
    The stock is like 30+ % short, but if BBRY reports better than expected earnings in March we could see a quick reversal and 20+. Assuming a solid US release and the promised applications appearing like WhatsApp, Skype, etc.

BBRY has to execute now. They have BB10 and the Z10 out, now they have to deliver updates, Apps, a solid US release, the Q10, the A10, and they have to do that all this year, while giving us OS updates to fix bugs and adding features. Not an easy task especially against an extremely competitive backdrop of the Galaxy S4, probably a new Apple iPhone, etc etc.

The CEO knows all of this. BB10 release was just the first step in a wider plan - now it's continue to deliver, execute, update, release, etc..

If all of the above happens we are easily above 20+ in the latter half of this year. If multiple points in their plan fail you could see the unraveling of the strategy and a buyout/sell off of the company - but I doubt that scenario is likely.

If I were the CEO I would have this on the roadmap for 2013 calendar:

-Q1: BB10 and Z10
    -Q2: Q10, BB10.1 (late Q2)
    -Q3: Playbook 2 with BB10
    -Q4: A10 "Aristo" (4.65" Full HD screen quad core) (early November), BB10.2
    -Q1: 2014 - entry level E10 for emerging markets

If they can pull that off I would be happy and I think the stock as well.
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-22-13 12:23 PM
    It will be what it will be. No one in here is going to change that.

We are, for the most part, enjoying the chatter and discussions.

I don't need any Negative Nancys in this thread. There are plenty out there.

I support BBRY and I buy shares !
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-22-13 12:32 PM

Mostly agree, except I think they could postpone any new Playbook hardware and just release BB10 for playbooks to keep us happy, and focus on bringing Z10, Q10 and Slider to market faster. I would hate to see the playbook languish, but I also wouldn't like to see the entire company falter over resources spent on new playbooks which could have been devoted to a slider or E10.
    02-22-13 12:44 PM
    nice floor being put in
    02-22-13 12:47 PM
    Yep, if it continues like this then I'll be in for a longer time than anticipated. However, I'm playing with money I already kissed goodbye and won off other stock earnings. I'm not playing around with money I need now or later. This is just fun and games for me, that's why I keep a positive and fun attitude.
    It's like a sports season. We got off to a huge winning streek at the beginning and now have slowed down and battling for a playoff spot. If we make the playoffs this year I would concider that a huge leep forward from last year. I think we will make it to the playoffs this year and next year our rookies will be more seasoned and we should make it to the finals. Pass over the beer and wings. Kool-aid is for kids.
    Bugmapper and MoolahMitch like this.
    02-22-13 12:47 PM
    The stock is like 30+ % short, but if BBRY reports better than expected earnings in March we could see a quick reversal and 20+. Assuming a solid US release and the promised applications appearing like WhatsApp, Skype, etc.

BBRY has to execute now. They have BB10 and the Z10 out, now they have to deliver updates, Apps, a solid US release, the Q10, the A10, and they have to do that all this year, while giving us OS updates to fix bugs and adding features. Not an easy task especially against an extremely competitive backdrop of the Galaxy S4, probably a new Apple iPhone, etc etc.

The CEO knows all of this. BB10 release was just the first step in a wider plan - now it's continue to deliver, execute, update, release, etc..

If all of the above happens we are easily above 20+ in the latter half of this year. If multiple points in their plan fail you could see the unraveling of the strategy and a buyout/sell off of the company - but I doubt that scenario is likely.

I'm with one of the above posters. PlayBook2 can wait.. I'd rather the entry level E10 come in Q3 and the Aristo come in Q3 and Q4 respectively before they get back in the tablet game which they got bashed severely for.
    02-22-13 12:49 PM
113,256 ... 240241242243244 ...