Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
997. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

    642 64.39%
  • No

    355 35.61%
Page 180 of 3006 FirstFirst ... 801301701771781791801811821831902302806801180 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 75136
Like Tree210195Likes
  1. Brianflys's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    770 Posts
    Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    #4476  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Nice avatar ^^^^^
    Yeah, this one captures the proper level of swagger.
    New Z30 -- BlackSheep and Proud!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
  2. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    942 Posts
    #4477  

    Default

    Expect BB squeeze earning. this coming up earning report will only include up to feb 28 so it may not reflect z10 success but the next one will cause squeeze for sure if all go well.. Some analysts earlier said that no profit for another year or two but the year may shorten to months..
    fedakd likes this.
  3. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    942 Posts
    #4478  

    Default

    Looks like it is sold for over $1500 in grey market in India..the legit will cost around 40k ruppes..about $789. Good buzz, profit margin for BB. rumour launch date is feb 24
    BlackBerry Z10 is here, costs Rs 80,000!
  4. greenberry666's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    #4479  

    Default

    This thread is fascinating. Can you guys recommend the best book/resources for getting into this stuff? Thanks!!

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  5. Charles Martin1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,534 Posts
    #4480  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brianflys View Post
    Didn't Netflix jump because they killed on earnings? At one point people left because of the split disk/streaming pricing and the stronger competition of Amazon. But after blowing through their earnings forecast, the stock shot up.

    So with strong sales and earnings (hopefully exceeding expectations) from BB10, it would make sense that BlackBerry stock price jumps when the earnings reports reaffirms what was all believe to be true: BB10 is a winner!.
    After all, in the end it's all about the money.

    Yes but I fear BBRY may suffer hyper expectations again, even if the sales numbers come in more than originally expected. There will no doubt be some attrition from the 79 million...my hope is that the recent boost will be enough to offset that dip. you have to keep in mind that the USA launch is not going to be included and now it looks as though the UAE launch has been delayed.

    http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/blackberry-z10-not-available-yet-to-uae-customers-on-launch-day-2013-02-10-1.494438
  6. Charles Martin1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,534 Posts
    #4481  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martin1 View Post
    Yes but I fear BBRY may suffer hyper expectations again, even if the sales numbers come in more than originally expected. There will no doubt be some attrition from the 79 million...my hope is that the recent boost will be enough to offset that dip. you have to keep in mind that the USA launch is not going to be included and now it looks as though the UAE launch has been delayed.

    http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/blackberry-z10-not-available-yet-to-uae-customers-on-launch-day-2013-02-10-1.494438
    I expect we may see the wrong side of $16 on Tuesday.
  7. Whitecaps's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #4482  

    Default

    Is BB subscriber numbers r actually increasing or decreasing in Q1 of 2013?
  8. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    18,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,463 Global Posts
    #4483  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenberry666 View Post
    This thread is fascinating. Can you guys recommend the best book/resources for getting into this stuff? Thanks!!

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Sign up and have a look around in herre:
    10 Indispensable Books for Investing Better (AMZN, BBY, INTC, NFLX)

    Also can't go wrong here:
    20 Books Every Trader Should Know About. - bclundbclund

    Enjoy....fun to learn.
    Thanked by:
    Bilaal (02-10-2013) 
    Bilaal, michaelxyq and bungaboy like this.
  9. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    18,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,463 Global Posts
    #4484  

    Default

    That's the question we all what answered...went down a million last reporting quarter...see what they say next month...I'm betting we get the million back (fingers crossed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    Is BB subscriber numbers r actually increasing or decreasing in Q1 of 2013?
  10. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    10,198 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,217 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4485  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gp656 View Post
    Sorry, but Nasdaq site have this glitch for several months. The printed top value is false. Their chart is OK.
    See on Yahoo's finance page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I support BBRY and I buy shares !-capture.jpg  
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by:
    gp656 (02-10-2013) 
  11. Charles Martin1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,534 Posts
    #4486  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    That's the question we all what answered...went down a million last reporting quarter...see what they say next month...I'm betting we get the million back (fingers crossed)
    My worry is that they fell by a few million more and the recent launches don't make up for the entire drop. This, of course, would be a short term issue but may take some shine off, as it could create some additional uncertainty, until the next earnings release.
    Thanked by:
    Nindia (02-10-2013) 
  12. q649's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    552 Posts
    #4487  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    That's the question we all what answered...went down a million last reporting quarter...see what they say next month...I'm betting we get the million back (fingers crossed)
    What exactly would the BB10 users be subscribing to? BIS doesn't exist for BB10, so some type of merged metric would be needed.
  13. greenberry666's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    #4488  

    Default

    Thankyou!!! Looks like I have a nbew hobby!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Sign up and have a look around in herre:
    10 Indispensable Books for Investing Better (AMZN, BBY, INTC, NFLX)

    Also can't go wrong here:
    20 Books Every Trader Should Know About. - bclundbclund

    Enjoy....fun to learn.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
  14. duckJAI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    341 Posts
    #4489  
    Last edited by duckJAI; 02-10-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    W Hoa and bungaboy like this.
  15. Andrew4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,905 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    #4490  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brianflys View Post
    Didn't Netflix jump because they killed on earnings? At one point people left because of the split disk/streaming pricing and the stronger competition of Amazon. But after blowing through their earnings forecast, the stock shot up.

    So with strong sales and earnings (hopefully exceeding expectations) from BB10, it would make sense that BlackBerry stock price jumps when the earnings reports reaffirms what was all believe to be true: BB10 is a winner!.
    After all, in the end it's all about the money.
    They had earnings per share of like 1 cent. Or something small like that. I wouldn't say they "killed on earnings"
  16. crackerdoodle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    209 Posts
    #4491  

    Default

    Citi did not upgrade BBRY. It was Wells Fargo

    TORONTO (AP) -- Shares of BlackBerry maker Research In Motion rose 3 percent Thursday with Wells Fargo saying that better gross margins from the company's new phone will offset potentially limited demand.
    THE SPARK: In a morning research note, analyst Maynard Um upgraded the shares to outperform. Um said the current valuation already discounts the potentially limited demand for RIM's new BlackBerry phone that was unveiled last week.
    THE BIG PICTURE: RIM shares have more than doubled from nine-year lows in September on optimism and mostly favorable reviews off the new BlackBerry. The software has a fresh interface designed for touchscreens. The once pioneering smartphone has been overshadowed by the iPhone and Android phones in recent years.
    THE ANALYSIS: UM said the outperform rating is predicated on the view that gross margins will improve with the release of the new much-delayed phones. He upgraded the valuation target to between $19 and $20, versus the prior range of $11-$13 under the previous analyst's call.
  17. Marc_Paradise's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    501 Posts
    PIN
    PMMe
    #4492  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckJAI View Post
    I think those are two different areas within Citigroup. I say this because:
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) was upgraded by equities researchers at Citigroup from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating in a report issued on Thursday
    But - Suva had rated it at "Sell". So an upgrade from "market perform" to "outperform" indicates some kind of disconnect, since it was not at "market perform" according to Suva.

    As crackerdoodle has noted, it's likely they meant Wells Fargo. I only found one or two articles referencing a Citigroup upgrade, and it would have been pretty big news if they'd actually done so after a recent "sell" rating.
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
  18. morlock_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,777 Posts
    #4493  

    Default

    The UAE launch is at 10pm local time.
  19. Charles Martin1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,534 Posts
    #4494  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morlock_man View Post
    The UAE launch is at 10pm local time.
    1 hour and 14 minutes from now...
  20. W Hoa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,168 Posts
    #4495  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morlock_man View Post
    The UAE launch is at 10pm local time.
    Somebody just grabbed a couple in UAE

    I support BBRY and I buy shares !-uae.jpg
  21. leafs123's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,979 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,004 Global Posts
    #4496  

    Default

    Called 4 Telus stores within a 10km radius of me and they're all out of BlackBerry Z10s. Shipments come in Mon, Wed and Friday. Hopefully it's the same everywhere.
  22. StormieTwo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    505 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    PIN
    ride this rocket!
    #4497  

    Default

    We need to get the hype under control in this forum. Yes we want to see bbry go through the roof, but let's be reasonable. Before the December earnings release we were expecting TWO more bad quarters. BBRY shed a million subscribers last quarter, I think we'll see that trend continuing at the next announcement.
    We know most of the analysts in the US are bearish on this stock. If you do some research on analysts you'll find they tend to herd, because if they are wrong they don't stick out and they keep their jobs. If they go against the flow and they are right they get rewarded, but if they are wrong they're out of work.
    The analysts are just as blind as we are with respect to numbers. They can model their projections to be bullish or bearish depending on the assumptions they start with.
    I wouldn't count on seeing any massive short squeeze. The outstanding shares are held too diversely, if (when) the shorts have to start covering there will be plenty if people willing to sell after the run up we've seen on the last couple of months.
    The Holders will be rewarded over the long term. The day traders will be rewarded in the short term and they will be the limiting factor for any short squeeze. The shorts won't have to start covering until after the US release and probably not before the June earnings report. 18/share is a commonly modeled "fair value" for the stock knowing what we know. I can see the shares bouncing around between 16 and 18 between now and mid March and taking a dip on the US release (buy the rumor, sell the news) if M8's chart can be trusted to hold for a few more weeks.
    8820 -> 9550 -> 9380 ->Z10. PB 1.0 -> PB2.1 -> PB??
  23. BThunderW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    822 Posts
    #4498  

    Default

    Agreed. You're not going to see a short squeeze any time soon. Even if the March ER report is favorable regarding BB10 sales, most analysts will attribute it to launch hype. Blackberry needs to demonstrate significant growth in a follow up ER before shorts will realize they've lost the battle.

    My goal for this year is still $30 pps. And will be very happy if we actually hit it.


    Quote Originally Posted by StormieTwo View Post
    We need to get the hype under control in this forum. Yes we want to see bbry go through the roof, but let's be reasonable. Before the December earnings release we were expecting TWO more bad quarters. BBRY shed a million subscribers last quarter, I think we'll see that trend continuing at the next announcement.
    We know most of the analysts in the US are bearish on this stock. If you do some research on analysts you'll find they tend to herd, because if they are wrong they don't stick out and they keep their jobs. If they go against the flow and they are right they get rewarded, but if they are wrong they're out of work.
    The analysts are just as blind as we are with respect to numbers. They can model their projections to be bullish or bearish depending on the assumptions they start with.
    I wouldn't count on seeing any massive short squeeze. The outstanding shares are held too diversely, if (when) the shorts have to start covering there will be plenty if people willing to sell after the run up we've seen on the last couple of months.
    The Holders will be rewarded over the long term. The day traders will be rewarded in the short term and they will be the limiting factor for any short squeeze. The shorts won't have to start covering until after the US release and probably not before the June earnings report. 18/share is a commonly modeled "fair value" for the stock knowing what we know. I can see the shares bouncing around between 16 and 18 between now and mid March and taking a dip on the US release (buy the rumor, sell the news) if M8's chart can be trusted to hold for a few more weeks.
    Thanked by:
    StormieTwo (02-10-2013) 
  24. W Hoa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,168 Posts
    #4499  

    Default

    StormieTwo I pretty much agree with what you've written. With one exception "BBRY shed a million subscribers last quarter, I think we'll see that trend continuing at the next announcement."

    What is going to surprise prople is that the 'subscriber number' is going to go up. Not because their is a sudden increase in subscribers but rather because BlackBerry is going to change how they calculate 'subscribers'. Starting this quarter report 'subscribers' will include ALL Blackberry users.
    Thanked by:
    coldsword (02-10-2013) 
    bungaboy likes this.
  25. W Hoa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,168 Posts
    #4500  

    Default

    Meanwhile over at UAE

    I support BBRY and I buy shares !-uae1.jpg
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Acumenight (02-10-2013),  BBNation (02-10-2013),  Brianflys (02-10-2013),  bungaboy (02-10-2013),  Charles Martin1 (02-10-2013),  gg22 (02-10-2013),  MoolahMitch (02-10-2013),  s0be (02-11-2013),  Shanerredflag (02-10-2013),  spike12 (02-10-2013),  Superfly_FR (02-10-2013) 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 06:41 PM
  2. Figured out my problem and want to share
    By IamGOV in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM
  3. ISO a browser ap that supports flash and various scripts
    By mistyinca in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 06:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions