View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry lcjr, but it's really not wise to be advising people to buy on a public forum.
    Thanks cjcampbell. Got all excited and wasn't thinking. Good catch!
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    02-08-13 10:22 AM
    Looks like the BULLS drove the BEARS out of the Berry patch...LOL
    *ouch* not as I look at the chart right now ($16.57 - 2.29%) ... but let's wait a little ... Fridays ... race at the end ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-08-13 10:25 AM
    why the double post?
    Double the fun maybe?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-doublemint1.jpg
    Rickroller and coldsword like this.
    02-08-13 10:29 AM
    *ouch* not as I look at the chart right now ($16.57 - 2.29%) ... but let's wait a little ... Fridays ... race at the end ?
    We're down on a pretty low volume. Bulls haven't made any moves other than buying up what the Bears are shorting.

Expect the turn around.
    02-08-13 10:43 AM
    Wall Street will be a ghost town this afternoon with the storm rolling in. If the exchange isn't closed early (which I doubt), look for light volume in which the price will be easier to manipulate. Could be an interesting afternoon for the tin foil hat crowd. Now would be a good time for the shorts or others to try to drive down the price a bit.... Just sayin' . . . no proof of anything....
    02-08-13 10:53 AM
    I can't help but feel bad for anyone shorting this stock. It's like going long on film cameras when digital cameras started showing up. Just doesn't make sense.

Of course, some people don't believe in evolution either, so maybe this will just turn out to be the financial version of the Darwin awards.
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    02-08-13 10:58 AM
    Quite the discussion going on over at another thread ...just in case you missed it here is a snippet:

How Blackberry Can Win (Big) In The Mobile World in [Market-Ticker]
    bungaboy and Mr.Conviviality like this.
    02-08-13 11:05 AM
    The stock won't go up every day. Let's hope the losses today are small and when we get back to green it goes on a good run
    02-08-13 11:15 AM
    Yeah, they were hungry for some more...LOL
    02-08-13 11:20 AM
    He follows BBRY quite closely. Check this out:

The Bottom Line On RIMM's BB10 Phones
    The Bottom Line On RIMM's BB10 Phones in [Market-Ticker]

Quite the discussion going on over at another thread ...just in case you missed it here is a snippet:

How Blackberry Can Win (Big) In The Mobile World in [Market-Ticker]
    02-08-13 11:24 AM
    You guys are awesome at answering questions. Really appreciate it . One more question here... What's resistance?
    02-08-13 11:26 AM
    I attended BlackBerry Experience Forum in Toronto on Feb 5th. One thing that they unveiled there (for the first time to public) was BlackBerry Workspaces app that runs on Android and iPhone.

You open that app, and that app creates a secure encrypted space on your Android/iPhone, makes a secure connection to BES and has it's own contacts, emails, and calendar. It's for corporate environment (BYOD usgae). Of course, your employees won't get the full BlackBerry experience (as they'd get on a BlackBerry device) but at least they would get BES/BlackBerry secure email and a secure, encrypted workspace that can be managed by BlackBerry admins. This allows you to use your Android/iPhone without IT Admins locking it down with restrictive security policies that degrade your smartphone experience. All your corp data is inside BlackBerry WorkSpaces, secure, encrypted and so your IT Admins don't need to implement any security policies on your device as a whole.

I think that app has immense potential and hasn't been factored in stock price. Even if a company moves from BlackBerry phones, it's very likely that they'll license/subscribe to BlackBerry workspaces app. So, BlackBerry is going to make money no matter what. In fact, this might even bring them more money than just selling the hardware. I mean for eg:
    let's say, they make $150 profit on selling a Z10.
    Now, if they charge $5/user, that's $60/year, $120/2 years. And they won't have any manufacturing costs, inventory costs or anything. Just software development.

I think this BlackBerry WorkSpaces hasn't been fully understood by analysts yet (it's a relatively new development, just demo-ed last week in a low key event) and as word starts getting out, this will get priced into stock price.
    02-08-13 11:40 AM
    Well, I'm going to leave the forum until after lunch. Hopefully we'll see something positive then, if the storm on the east coast doesn't slow things down too much. See you guys in a bit...
    02-08-13 11:42 AM
    I attended BlackBerry Experience Forum in Toronto on Feb 5th. One thing that they unveiled there (for the first time to public) was BlackBerry Workspaces app that runs on Android and iPhone.

You open that app, and that app creates a secure encrypted space on your Android/iPhone, makes a secure connection to BES and has it's own contacts, emails, and calendar. It's for corporate environment (BYOD usgae). Of course, your employees won't get the full BlackBerry experience (as they'd get on a BlackBerry device) but at least they would get BES/BlackBerry secure email and a secure, encrypted workspace that can be managed by BlackBerry admins. This allows you to use your Android/iPhone without IT Admins locking it down with restrictive security policies that degrade your smartphone experience. All your corp data is inside BlackBerry WorkSpaces, secure, encrypted and so your IT Admins don't need to implement any security policies on your device as a whole.

I think that app has immense potential and hasn't been factored in stock price. Even if a company moves from BlackBerry phones, it's very likely that they'll license/subscribe to BlackBerry workspaces app. So, BlackBerry is going to make money no matter what. In fact, this might even bring them more money than just selling the hardware. I mean for eg:
    let's say, they make $150 profit on selling a Z10.
    Now, if they charge $5/user, that's $60/year, $120/2 years. And they won't have any manufacturing costs, inventory costs or anything. Just software development.

I think this BlackBerry WorkSpaces hasn't been fully understood by analysts yet (it's a relatively new development, just demo-ed last week in a low key event) and as word starts getting out, this will get priced into stock price.
    Device management fees through Mobile Fusion will offset the missing BIS fees from BB10 imo. Actually, Peter Misek of Jeffreys has been saying this in the past two reports, where he sees Mobile Fusion as an important part of RIM going forward. Like you said, I think software development should be the future for RIM.
    02-08-13 11:48 AM
    You guys are awesome at answering questions. Really appreciate it . One more question here... What's resistance?
    It's the price area which a stock may (or may not) have previously been which it is believed to encounter resistance on it way back up. Like a ceiling for the price which if broken the stock could break out and go a lot higher, or the ceiling of a range from which it will bounce back down to support
    02-08-13 11:48 AM
    It's the price area which a stock may (or may not) have previously been which it is believed to encounter resistance on it way back up. Like a ceiling for the price which if broken the stock could break out and go a lot higher, or the ceiling of a range from which it will bounce back down to support
    I am very new to stock buying too. Basically, resistance is a price where there are a LOT of sellers. Say, today's price is $10. And a lot of folks want to make 20% profit and place their sell orders for $12. Then, as soon as the stock reaches $12, a lot of sell orders will be triggered and price will come down a bit again. So, that's resistance.

Now, if you've a lot of buyers also at $12 (because they think it'd go higher than $12), then a lot of buy orders will be triggered too and then the stock will "break through" the resistance.

How do you figure out what resistance is? I don't know. I guess technical traders look at patterns (high points and low points) and do some statistical analysis to predict/guess where there is resistance (sell orders) and support (buy orders).
    coldsword likes this.
    02-08-13 11:53 AM
    Almost back to even...afternoon rally?
    02-08-13 12:00 PM
    Not sure if this will make the stock go up but maybe something else

Rachelle Wilde goes hands on and shirt off with the BlackBerry Z10 (Slightly NSFW) | CrackBerry.com
    s0be, bungaboy, coldsword and 1 others like this.
    02-08-13 12:04 PM
    Not sure if this will make the stock go up but maybe something else

Rachelle Wilde goes hands on and shirt off with the BlackBerry Z10 (Slightly NSFW) | CrackBerry.com
    This will make the stock rise no doubt.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    02-08-13 12:10 PM
    Hyperbolic off-topic stuff has been reported.

Guys, control yourselves a bit. Politics is out too, but where you guys are going is right off the charts. Keep it out of CrackBerry, thanks!
    pkcable and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-08-13 12:11 PM
    This will make the stock rise no doubt.
    Just to be clear, did you really mean to type "stock" ?
    Kid Vibe and jhill396 like this.
    02-08-13 12:17 PM
    many ot posts removed, discuss the stock and BB, everything else take it elsewhere
    02-08-13 12:22 PM
    Just to be clear, did you really mean to type "stock" ?
    In all honesty though, that is exactly the kind of marketing we need... The marketing to attract the young, casual consumer. We know there is no way BB would ever market their phone in such a way, but if others are doing, it is a great sign. Now all we need is a new ****ty Psy song with him holding a BB10 (but most likely it would probably be a Samsung...)
    02-08-13 12:26 PM
    many ot posts removed, discuss the stock and BB, everything else take it elsewhere

we discussed music a few weeks ago.
    you might want to delete those posts too
    02-08-13 12:27 PM
    Hyperbolic off-topic stuff has been reported.

Guys, control yourselves a bit. Politics is out too, but where you guys are going is right off the charts. Keep it out of CrackBerry, thanks!
    4300+ posts and now the mods obliged to clean this thread ...
    Thanks howarmat, can't leave the kids alone ... lol
    02-08-13 12:56 PM
113,256 ... 173174175176177 ...