View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?
- 943. You may not vote on this poll
- 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM #4204
- 02-07-2013, 12:17 PM #4206
Easy guys. I think what kid_vibe meant was it's hard watching the stock price do what it's doing as a first time investor because you want the price to go up right away. After all, you're investing so why doesn't the price go up already?? I think that's what he meant...
- 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM #4208
It wouldn't surprise me if there was another upwards movement about to happen.
When the price floats off to hundredths of a cents, its the high frequency trading algorithms doing most of the trades.
Thats when you'll see a bull pick up a million shares and create a step change that moves the stock upwards. They're gaming a process control system, where the capacitance of the system to adjust to these increasing step changes is limited by the ability of longterm shorts to cover their losses (or keep their winnings).
Seeking Alpha - Market currents 02-02-2013
BlackBerry (BBRY) +3.6% after: 1) Announcing two new board members: former Verizon CTO ****...
Thursday, February 7, 9:10 AM ET
BlackBerry (BBRY) +3.6% after:
1) Announcing two new board members: former Verizon CTO **** Lynch, and former Sony Ericsson CEO Bert Nordberg.
2) Receiving an upgrade from Wells Fargo, which likes BlackBerry's risk/reward and thinks its "valuation already discounts limited BB10 demand." Bernstein upgraded BlackBerry on Monday.
BlackBerry (BBRY) +3.6% after: 1) Announcing... - Seeking Alpha
I really like the way the story goes ...
- 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM #4212
- 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM #4214
At this stage of the game, you are basing your decision on faith - and that works both way - if you think it's high or you think it's actually low - neither side really knows.
- 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM #4215
- 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM #4216
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-07-2013, 01:02 PM #4218
- 345 Posts
I'm kind of happy with the progress. Slow and steady wins the race. Also think the shorters are keeping the stock in check so it doesn't run up too quickly and then needs correction. Would rather see small progress daily then huge swings both ways.
- 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM #4221
Meh. Maybe just some profit taking.
Or two of the HFTAs got into an argument.
Update: Looks like a several million share nudge. The system seemed to bounce back fairly quickly though. Will be interesting to see how it bounces back now.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-07-2013, 01:28 PM #4225
- 157 Posts
Several points from the day
1) its nice to see that the stock is establishing itself above 16$
2) its nice to see, that even tho the current market is deeply in RED, BBRY still managed to keep the price in GREEN
3) the two above suggest, that we should see new highs soon.
edit: would like to see it try 16,75 one more time today.
i am confused. i want to support rim and buy bb10 on day 1 but i really want to get keyboard versionBy bitek in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 27Last Post: 11-15-2012, 06:41 PM
- By IamGOV in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 0Last Post: 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM
- By mistyinca in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-18-2009, 06:03 PM
- By BROOKLYNDUDE in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2009, 02:40 AM
- By travisleggins in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-29-2008, 10:20 AM