View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thats the one Shaneeeedflag! I've watched it a thousand times and can't stop smiling each and every time oh and the fact that i am in the money!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-04-13 04:02 PM
    Can you confirm if your local store is in an affluent area? Middle class area, or a dodgey area?

Thx
    My local store confirmed NO white Z10's and they are hoping to fill all the pre-orders but no guarantee’s everyone of them will get one...take it for what its worth, one store...lets hope they are all like that across all carriers...then we will have something big.

I do think with all the local interest and news worthiness (because it's a favorite Canadian company) we should get a better feel for what is happening through the media...hope so anyway.
    02-04-13 04:19 PM
    Can you confirm if your local store is in an affluent area? Middle class area, or a dodgey area?

Thx
    Wow.

What are you even asking there?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-04-13 04:27 PM

Thx
    LOL...I live out west in Canada, we don't really have "areas" lol....maybe a few blocks here and there could be kinda dodgy late at night but overall...nope pretty casual out here. I guess we have a few places where some huge homes are but they have normal housing surrounding them too so how is that defined? I guess a mix minus the dodgy?

Funny...I have never been asked that and it did make me laugh...no offence.
    02-04-13 04:31 PM
    It's "some dude" who takes a walk along one a street in one of most affluent areas in the capital and pops into three stores - that's worth as much as our forum posts!

I still cannot get around the fact that if there were lines as claimed by Misek - why can't we find any evidence of them? Nobody took any photos, nobody mentioned them on social media - there is nothing, there is nothing to suggest the sort of traffic that supports 200,000+ sales. Even on twitter over the last 2 days I cannot find more than 150-200 "I bought" posts - now I'm not claiming that ever user would be on there but you'd expected that for a phone geared up for social media, you find a higher frequency than that - I saw the same things when people were claiming that WP7 had a solid launch. I don't like it, none of the usual signs are available and I can't understand what is causing the mismatch - it's puzzling.
    You still mad that nokia couldn't sell more then 1 phone in some stores in the UK on launch day? WP 8 was a flop. We all know you hate blackberry . Why don't you hang out on your windows forums? I hear MS is looking for other options as nokia didn't turn out to be what they were expecting.
    Last edited by mrfreetruth; 02-04-13 at 06:27 PM.
    bungaboy and Pdinos3 like this.
    02-04-13 04:32 PM
    hate to bother morgan but....any input?
    02-04-13 04:35 PM
    With today's stock movement, and after a Superbowl commercial appearance, I'm happy to see CNN.com's tech section with the following list:

Tech
    'The Oatmeal' and rise of Web comics
    New York Times says it was hacked
    Wozniak: Jobs movie script 'atrocious'
    5 reasons BlackBerry 10 may be a hit
    BlackBerry's future: No keyboards
    Introducing BlackBerry 10

You may not need a 128GB iPad

I'm wondering which came first, these articles or the share price rising...
    02-04-13 04:46 PM
    Haha thx! Some guy earlier on the thread made a point regarding the Seeking Alpha article saying he walked in 3 stores in an affluent area (ie.bad sampling) and declared Z10 are sold out everywhere... Hence I asked the question hoping you live in a middleclass/dodgey area to assess sales in less affluent areas.. glad to get a laugh out of you!

LOL...I live out west in Canada, we don't really have "areas" lol....maybe a few blocks here and there could be kinda dodgy late at night but overall...nope pretty casual out here. I guess we have a few places where some huge homes are but they have normal housing surrounding them too so how is that defined? I guess a mix minus the dodgy?

Funny...I have never been asked that and it did make me laugh...no offence.
    02-04-13 04:48 PM
    You still mad that nokia couldn't sell more then 1 phone in some stores in the UK on launch day? WP 8 was a flop. We all know you hate blackberry . Why don't you hang out on yournwindows forms? I hear MS is looking for other options as nokia didn't turn out to be what they were expecting.
    Why would I be mad at Nokia? Did they shot my dog?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    02-04-13 04:58 PM
    I have not changed my stance as a buy-and-hold on this stock, pending any material changes in the business environment.

Having said that, I have been encouraged by how Morgan8's trading channel system has held up to date. More encouraging is that we closed an excellent day and are well into the bottom half of this trading channel still. With good news lurking, in regards to UK, UAE and Canadian Sales and pre-orders.

Has anyone been able to substantiate the rumored China launch dates? I haven't been able to find anything yet.
    02-04-13 05:00 PM
    Problem is - ever single news report tracks back to a single analyst - Peter Misek - anyone got any channel checks from other analysts?
    While he mentioned no specific numbers, Bernstein's Pierre Ferragu mentioned that “Initial feedback we have received from distributors on the first days of sales is particularly positive".

That doesn't shed light on what the exact sales numbers are, but does indicate that the sales seem to have markedly exceeded expectations.
    02-04-13 05:25 PM
    Friendly reminder.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-do-not-feed-trolls.jpg
    02-04-13 05:40 PM
    Looks like both BlackBerry and Apple are heading towards $300 per share. BBRY up 14%, AAPL down 3%.

Which one will get there first? Hmm?

Cheers! Good first day for BBRY!
    02-04-13 06:33 PM
    i say aapl lol.....BB won't make $300 anytime soon, maybe 5 years? if lucky
    02-04-13 06:37 PM
    Sounds great. That still gives me 5 years to keep buying shares.

02-04-13 06:46 PM
    I don't know how many canadians are watching this thread but incase there are I strongly suggest trading in a TFSA account. Especially if you are bullish and plan on holding the stock for awhile you can save yourself the taxes on capital gains.
    02-04-13 06:52 PM
    I don't know how many canadians are watching this thread but incase there are I strongly suggest trading in a TFSA account. Especially if you are bullish and plan on holding the stock for awhile you can save yourself the taxes on capital gains.
    I've got half my holdings in a margin account and half in a TFSA. I figured if RIM stocks drop, I'd lose my contribution room towards my TFSA. So better to play it safe and not bet too much within a Trading TFSA.
    Is there any logic to this? If BB does take off, my gains would be much reduced vs in a TFSA.
    hmm...what is the benefit/cost ratio?
    02-04-13 07:18 PM
    Here's the new "Keep Moving" ad just released... now THIS is the type of advert that helps me sleep better at night (as a shareholder )
    BlackBerry Keep Moving ad spot debuts! | CrackBerry.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-04-13 07:34 PM
    When do you think we will get numbers in for Canada or UK sales?
    02-04-13 08:25 PM
    Well for me I see an upside to using my TFSA right now because I liquidated my holdings and bought BB at a low since I believe it will atleast reach back to it's book value. In my case im just looking to save on the taxes which can amount to alot if I did the same in a cash account. Have to look at a TFSA with care, normally I would just buy stocks with good upside and pays dividends and I just leave it in there to grow. I switched my long term strategy in favor for a possible good return in a year. All investment is a gamble, part of the game so at the end of the day its your hard earned cash so decisions will be on the individuals. Just want people to consider TFSA if it benefits them I know we all hate paying to the G man :P

I've got half my holdings in a margin account and half in a TFSA. I figured if RIM stocks drop, I'd lose my contribution room towards my TFSA. So better to play it safe and not bet too much within a Trading TFSA.
    Is there any logic to this? If BB does take off, my gains would be much reduced vs in a TFSA.
    hmm...what is the benefit/cost ratio?
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-04-13 08:27 PM
    After visiting a Rogers store tonight to play with a display unit, and try to fenagle my way into getting my phone early (didn't work ) I can say, with fair certainty, that the stock will be going up a tad this week.... My store alone, has 50 presold units with none for retail, and another has 80 presold with 80 for retail. That's only 2 stores and mine is one of the lesser ones for wireless sales (mainly an internet/cable store). It's gonna be a big day for BB tomorrow in Canada.
    02-04-13 08:47 PM
    They'd have to do something like sell 50 million Z10s this year to do that. I think BBRY can easily get to the low $100s though. Especially if they sell 20 million phones. $50+ is a slam dunk. It's just a matter of people starting to open their eyes to the balance sheet and cash flow statements going forward.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-04-13 09:02 PM
    Let's not get emotional about this. Today was a great day in the green, but tomorrow is another day. We held above close in after hours trading, we're in M8's channel, the shorts are still churning the float. Let's hope we can keep the momentum and enjoy the ride!
    bquinney, Tom689 and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-04-13 10:37 PM
    02-05-13 01:25 AM
    Pre-market: 15.51 +0.53 (3.52%)
    Feb 5, 4:14AM EST

Glad to see this (expected) recovery. Kind of wish I had locked in gains at 18+ and bought back in below 13! lol

I told myself early on that I was gonna hold long though and I'm sticking to it this time.
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    02-05-13 03:34 AM
113,256 ... 156157158159160 ...