View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I received a free Z10 at the unveiling. Don't need another one.

Why cancel?
    01-31-13 03:41 PM
    Great review BThunderW (meaning I agree with it).
    There are inconsistencies in the UI - on some screens you press the back key and on some screens you gesture left to right.
    On e-mails the send button is upper left corner; texts it is lower right hand corner.
    Not happy with font control which is handled inconsistently.
    Voice control doesn't work well in noise. Actually it doesn't work well.
    Thankfully the charging and HDMI ports are on the side. One of my (MANY) pet peeves with the PB was charging on the bottom. That's stupid.
    Keyboard really is quite nice; I am trying this from a Windows Phone 8 - the Z10 keyboard is a better design.
    But the Lumia 920 is a bit faster (transitions; screen to screen)... And about 500 pounds heavier (the Z10 is a perfect form factor).
    Not sure why everyone is raving about the browser. If you come from a BB9700 then it is a huge upgrade. Not so much from my Lumia 920.

Mine came with a holster. That was a plus.

It is a very good start. Not perfect (can't get from one message to another without going to the Hub or Inbox). But as far as a BlackBerry goes, it is excellent.
    01-31-13 03:43 PM
    Your Z10 came with a holster? I'm pretty sure my phone was a "special" Blackberry Experience unit as both the box and contents differ from what's been reviewed so far.

Great review BThunderW (meaning I agree with it).
    There are inconsistencies in the UI - on some screens you press the back key and on some screens you gesture left to right.
    On e-mails the send button is upper left corner; texts it is lower right hand corner.
    Not happy with font control which is handled inconsistently.
    Voice control doesn't work well in noise. Actually it doesn't work well.
    Thankfully the charging and HDMI ports are on the side. One of my (MANY) pet peeves with the PB was charging on the bottom. That's stupid.
    Keyboard really is quite nice; I am trying this from a Windows Phone 8 - the Z10 keyboard is a better design.
    But the Lumia 920 is a bit faster (transitions; screen to screen)... And about 500 pounds heavier (the Z10 is a perfect form factor).
    Not sure why everyone is raving about the browser. If you come from a BB9700 then it is a huge upgrade. Not so much from my Lumia 920.

Mine came with a holster. That was a plus.

It is a very good start. Not perfect (can't get from one message to another without going to the Hub or Inbox). But as far as a BlackBerry goes, it is excellent.
    01-31-13 03:48 PM
    I wish you investors all the best...but to be fair I see tough times ahead.
    The inane decision to release in March means a release after MWC 2013...basically a raft of super Android phones sporting 1080p screens and powerful quad core processors...and all the raft of marketing from Nvidia et al. HTC has a press conference in February and Nokia has one planned for Feb 25th.
    By march, most of the buzz from the Superbowl ad would have dissipated by then. It's gonna be tough.

We'll see...i think it all depends on how good the Europe launches go.
    01-31-13 03:54 PM
    Extremely peeved - I had a trailing stop order in last night, then saw the stock plummeting this morning. Literally at opening bell I was trying to cancel (I figured this was sell-off triggered by pre-market movement that would quickly bounce back) but wasn't able to cancel before the order went through. Sold at nearly the lowest point, and had to buy back in with fewer shares.
    Well, if misery loves company, here it goes... the EXACT same thing happened to me this morning. When my stop triggered, my shares ended up selling at $12.40 I ended up getting back in at 13.06 after hoping that it would tread back down to where I sold, but didn't happen. Ended up dishing out $700 out of my pocket, and ended up with 50 shares less to get back in the game. It's like swimming with sharks out there! That'll teach me.
    01-31-13 03:58 PM
    You notice on each drop it hits around 11% because people put stop loss at 5 or 10% its whats your told to do. And you get wiped out. Tomorrow will be the normal friday. Start positive and then swim to negative before the day is done.
    01-31-13 04:16 PM
    last friday was the first friday of the previous 3 that didn't end in a huge rally.
    so, who knows what tomorrow will bring?
    01-31-13 04:20 PM
    14.10 close tomorrow...betting two virtual beerzzz
    01-31-13 04:23 PM
    i hope you're right!
    01-31-13 04:24 PM
    Stoploss is for suckers!
    01-31-13 04:45 PM
    Got one at the Launch event in NYC. BB came in a beautiful Z10 (pronounced zee here) :-) box with a hard shell plastic cover.
    Inside was the usual stuff and much to my surprise, a holster. Would have liked the spare battery/charger combo but no complaints!
    01-31-13 04:47 PM
    Stoploss is for suckers!
    Not necessarily. If I had set one at 16, I could have bought back in with many more shares today
    OMGitworks likes this.
    01-31-13 04:50 PM
    Extremely peeved - I had a trailing stop order in last night, then saw the stock plummeting this morning. Literally at opening bell I was trying to cancel (I figured this was sell-off triggered by pre-market movement that would quickly bounce back) but wasn't able to cancel before the order went through. Sold at nearly the lowest point, and had to buy back in with fewer shares.
    If it triggered at $12.40, I picked up those shares
    I actually saw my order fill as I opened up my accout.
    Woke up at 9:25. Got onto the computer, did a snap quote and saw it was trading at <$13. Checked my orders and they weren't filled yet. Contemplated on cancelling and decreasing my limit, but it was too late, moments later when the market opened my orders filled. Hopefully it doesn't do anything silly like drop again. I'm all in on RIM right now. (not literally all in, just all my stock money is in)
    01-31-13 05:10 PM
    ha! I got mine this morning @ $12.40 too! (TSX). Saw the open crashing and tried to get my order in when I saw it hitting $12.18. By the time my turn in the queue came, it had already zoomed up to $12.40.

Law of probabilities says we have a nice gain tomorrow, but who knows what will happen. This stock feels like going on a roller coaster in total darkness.
    fedakd likes this.
    01-31-13 05:42 PM
    Lol! Maybe one of you guys got 800 of my shares at 12.40. I wanted to get rid of some while I was still in the green. I may hop back in tomorrow, those of you that have them..take good care of them
    01-31-13 05:50 PM
    The inane decision to release in March means a release after MWC 2013...basically a raft of super Android phones sporting 1080p screens and powerful quad core processors...and all the raft of marketing from Nvidia et al. HTC has a press conference in February and Nokia has one planned for Feb 25th.
    By march, most of the buzz from the Superbowl ad would have dissipated by then. It's gonna be tough.

True but blackberry has only announced 2 of their 6 devices. Furthermore no mention of the utilization of M2M features, QNX, and the NFC capabilities. No mention of new revenue streams, their video/media strategy, app pricing strategy, and a few other things I believe they are all saving for their Q1 announcement. They screwed us hard with the launch but I feel that they are saving it for Q1 on purpose because the revenue streams are more related to the business whereas this launch was just the release of the OS and 2 devices.

Time will tell. As pissed as I was with the launch, I am still optimistic. It will be important to hear what actual users in the UK say about the device and here in Canada when it is out.

In terms of the new competing phones - I think it will just be the same OS but in a different package. BB may leverage that during their Q1 to prove to the world how their system is superior? All in all, lets just see how people embrace the Z10, that is what's most important right now.
    01-31-13 06:06 PM
    i'm hoping for a marvel/disney partnership with Jarvis voice command, red and gold colour and shiney blue circle on the back with a BB logo in the middle. robert downey jr will show it off at the launch ( think ironman 2 ) and it will be limited edition ( not so limited ), and cost $250 on contract.
    it will sell like hot cakes and be the phone seen in all marvel movies in the future.

everyone will be saying, "jarvis, bbm video _"

one can dream.
    cjcampbell and Acumenight like this.
    01-31-13 06:11 PM

Well thanks for that tidbit of informantion and droping in the investors thread to tell us your views . . . . . after the horse has left the barn.
    01-31-13 06:30 PM
    I don't like the idea of a stop loss that runs multiple sessions because it can always open much lower on the morning and then trend back up. Has done it several times if you watch all day.
    BThunderW likes this.
    01-31-13 06:39 PM
    You asked about short covering, they have no reason to cover now, the biggest news is out and they have no problem stopping this rally. I expect the short numbers are much higher this time around. They will cover at higher levels but right now, at $ 12.88/shr, they are fine. If the phone gets traction, you will see some crazy days ahead. I do agree that short covering will take the stock to the mid-$ 30.00s when it comes. So far I like the trade, it needs to hold the support line and you never know how hard they will work to destroy the bull run here.

At the moment, they are in control with the close of Put options for this cycle ending on Saturday, the pressure to go down will be over next week and we can start to go higher from here as they cover their new short positions. The gap above is easy to fill, a few minutes of trading next week will do it. Remember, RSI is 44, 30 is over sold and we aren't far above that level so today's low is just about all you are risking here. We can easily be at $ 16.00 in two weeks time. For the record, they would be looking at the Calls as their next play and that spells rally from here. Good luck!!
    The whole purpose of shorting is selling high, buying back low. Now that stock price has lowered significantly, why won't shorts cover? Isn't that a reason to cover?
    01-31-13 07:20 PM
    It is, but not if they think the stock is going lower...

The whole purpose of shorting is selling high, buying back low. Now that stock price has lowered significantly, why won't shorts cover? Isn't that a reason to cover?
    01-31-13 07:37 PM
    It is, but not if they think the stock is going lower...
    Yes, but he said they'll cover when it's higher. Which is not logical. You short because you want to cover when it's lower not higher.
    Maybe he meant, they think it'll go lower so they won't cover. But then it'll start another bull-run, go higher, they'll panic and cover?
    01-31-13 07:40 PM

Not if they believe the stock will continue to go lower.
    I think the confusion is that Morgan is talking about being forced to cover/buy, where you're thinking when you should best cover and buy again.
    When the stock keeps going up, shorts will cover because their losses can start to skyrocket, usually you need at least 50% margin. E.g. If you short at $10 and the stock goes to $15, you have to fork out $15 to cover. If you only have $16 total in your pocket you're going to go bankrupt if the stock keeps going up because you won't be able to cover. So if the stock goes up, shorts have to cover to limit their losses which can be unlimited.
    What shorts WANT, is for the stock to go down before they cover.
    And the facts are
    at least 40 million of the shorts sold at less than $12. Meaning 1/3 of shorts are still at a loss.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post7886074
    (Just by looking at the increase in the short interest between last May and December.)

So if shorts see that the stock might continue going down, they're going to hold on to it.

What I'm really curious to see is what the short interest was for today. How many people covered, or if the drop was also in part due to people shorting the stock. I really hope it was an increase of the short interest. That would make for an amazing short squeeze!
    chrysaurora likes this.
    01-31-13 07:42 PM
    260 million shares traded yesterday on North American exchanges. Well over half the float. It is possible that some shorts have now covered on the pull back.
    01-31-13 07:46 PM
    260 million shares traded yesterday on North American exchanges. Well over half the float. It is possible that some shorts have now covered on the pull back.
    I'm hoping not.
    01-31-13 07:51 PM
113,256 ... 142143144145146 ...