View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good time to double down on your investment. Stock will move up as RIM delivers OS2 and reports sales and earnings. Proof is in the delivery, not the uninformed so-called analysts who judge a CEO before his first day in that seat.
    Proof is in the stock market and down 8.5% on 2.5 x your average daily volume is ugly. Do you still want to ignore the market and moving averages? Its getting very expensive and painful to go if you own RIMM.
    01-23-12 09:13 PM
    Heh, heh, heh....you remind me of a dog I once had...he used to alter the front page of our morning paper by chewing off entire sentences/paragraphs, leaving only a snippet of the full story and its intent. Though he was quite cheerful and charming, as you are, I'm sure, I gave him away to a immigrant family from Borneo, and they ate him.
    Oh snap. For a minute, I thought Rickroller posted that about you! That would be an infraction for sure!

You had me worried for a minute!!!
    01-23-12 09:15 PM
    Proof is in the stock market and down 8.5% on 2.5 x your average daily volume is ugly. Do you still want to ignore the market and moving averages? Its getting very expensive and painful to go if you own RIMM.
    So it's a rough day. For no particular reason than general negativity and skepticism over the new CEO.

I've seen markets trade on pure emotion but if it runs counter to fact it won't hold up for the long term. Since the shakeup in October, I'm satisfied that RIM is doing what it needs to do.
    01-23-12 09:31 PM
    So it's a rough day. For no particular reason than general negativity and skepticism over the new CEO.

I've seen markets trade on pure emotion but if it runs counter to fact it won't hold up for the long term. Since the shakeup in October, I'm satisfied that RIM is doing what it needs to do.
    Fair enough. If you feel that way then good for you for putting your money where your mouth is. I am pretty close to gambling on 500 shares maybe 2moro...
    01-23-12 09:36 PM
    Anyone predicting an even further slide tomorrow? I think so.
    01-23-12 10:14 PM
    Good time to double down on your investment. Stock will move up as RIM delivers OS2 and reports sales and earnings. Proof is in the delivery, not the uninformed so-called analysts who judge a CEO before his first day in that seat.
    As someone who is obviously pretty bullish on RIMM, I'm curious what your expectations are for this quarter's revenue and earnings?
    01-23-12 10:52 PM
    As someone who is obviously pretty bullish on RIMM, I'm curious what your expectations are for this quarter's revenue and earnings?
    None of the past matters because 2012 is the year of the dragon.
    OMGitworks and Rickroller like this.
    01-24-12 06:55 AM
    Down another 5% this morning. Looking at some June 14 or 15 calls. Getting interesting at these levels....
    01-24-12 08:39 AM
    Everybody's in a rush.....patience peoples.
    01-24-12 09:00 AM
    As for bad days and months....RIM has seen far worse. If you look back at August & September of 2008 the stock went from $133.75 to $55.28 in two months. Anybody that owned stock back then took one of a beat-down.

Anybody remember what happened?

On July 11, 2008, Apple released the iPhone 3G in twenty-two countries, including the original six. During Q4, Apple sold 6.89 million iPhones. If you look at Apple stock, you can see that investors most likely began to dump RIMM for AAPL. It would have been a wise investment.

Oh. So back to what is going to happen today? Investors are trying to decide if this is the bottom. Look at the volume of sales. If it settles down, it might be a time to buy.
    01-24-12 09:38 AM
    Damn it, RIM.to is going back up, was hoping for it to hit 14.50 - 14.75 at least and I'd consider a purchase...
    Doc Z likes this.
    01-24-12 10:29 AM
    Damn it, RIM.to is going back up, was hoping for it to hit 14.50 - 14.75 at least and I'd consider a purchase...
    Same here!
    menaknow likes this.
    01-24-12 12:06 PM
    I bought. Didn't get the bottom, but close. Not sure what the rest of the week will bring. Probably bounce around $14-15. I think you still may have a shot at a good buy tomorrow morning.
    01-24-12 01:54 PM
    The stock is sort of attractive again at $15. So for those of you who are buying it here, what is your expectation with this? What are you realistically expecting this summer or end of year? $20? $25?

Is anyone still buying this because they expect a buyout (in spite of what Heins is saying)?
    01-24-12 02:50 PM
    I bought. Didn't get the bottom, but close. Not sure what the rest of the week will bring. Probably bounce around $14-15. I think you still may have a shot at a good buy tomorrow morning.
    Should go down tomorrow.

Apple's earnings were good.
    01-24-12 03:49 PM
    Apple's earnings were good.
    I think "good" is a bit of an understatement, don't you think.

15 million iPads + 37 million iPhones sold worldwide and an EPS of $13.87. Wow.
    01-24-12 03:58 PM
    I think "good" is a bit of an understatement, don't you think.

15 million iPads + 37 million iPhones sold worldwide and an EPS of $13.87. Wow.
    Good/great/excellent, try not to analyze my response too much...

They did really well, there is no denying it. However, Apple does a great job of aiming there EPS low also to make it good.

Something RIM better do the similar idea of reporting conservatively instead of their "best estimate" of results...
    01-24-12 07:26 PM
    So far the stock is headed up. Here's hoping it stays that way. The stock is undervalued. It should be at least double what it is trading. I expect a few more announcements from RIM shortly that will help the stock price.
    01-25-12 09:13 AM
    Everybody's in a rush.....patience peoples.
    For you, proof!!

Since the start of the S&P 500 index in 1928, dragon years have been significantly strong for both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500, with a yearly average gain of 9.65 percent and 7.34 percent, respectively.

News Headlines
    01-25-12 10:39 AM
    For you, proof!!

Since the start of the S&P 500 index in 1928, dragon years have been significantly strong for both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500, with a yearly average gain of 9.65 percent and 7.34 percent, respectively.

News Headlines
    You, and others, would do well to heed the phrase, "When alnamvet68 talks, people listen."
    Lead_Express likes this.
    01-25-12 10:46 AM
    Once again, RIMM has done well for me. I have a Stop order in that will guarantee a nice profit should the stock drop. I'm hoping to see $16.00 before the closing bell.
    01-25-12 11:14 AM
    Once again, RIMM has done well for me. I have a Stop order in that will guarantee a nice profit should the stock drop. I'm hoping to see $16.00 before the closing bell.
    Its at 16.03 as I type this.

Dang, wished I got in at 15.00 Dang work meetings made me miss the buy opportunity yesterday...
    01-25-12 11:40 AM
    It will continue....
    01-25-12 12:16 PM
    You, and others, would do well to heed the phrase, "When alnamvet68 talks, people listen."
    As I had posted yesterday, bought some option call contracts at $15 yesterday so we shall see. So far, so good, up 11% in 24 hours.... They expire in June so I am hardly a long term believer, but controlling a bunch of shares through options is a risky but sometimes profitable plan....
    01-25-12 12:41 PM
    Popping...Any news/rumor out there? Have a gut feeling RIMM about to release that they hired a well known Marketing Officer.
    01-25-12 01:15 PM
113,256 ... 1112131415 ...