View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I forecast a red open, bear raid, and green close.
    06-11-13 08:21 AM
    It's a good day! Great to have you back Morgan. Thanks for sharing with us!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:25 AM
    Borrowed this from the ever entertaining message board at you know who....kinda sorta rehashed but fun numbers:

Last 20 days leading to end last quarter bb worldwider user percentage from stats counter:

Last 20 days leaving to end of this June quarter bb worldwide user percentage from stats counter:

market share increase from previous quarter: 6.400315416% user increase

last quarter: 76 million users * 6.400315416
    4,864,239 new bb users or 80,864,239 total users for this quarter.

This doesn't factor in worldwide market growth for smartphones for this quarter which is the multiplier of this numbers as well.

verify the data here for anyone who thinks otherwise:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

it maps directly showing the loss of 3 million users for last quarter as well.

or just look at the spike in users the last few weeks for blackberry Less:
    06-11-13 08:33 AM
    �Everybody has their own personal tastes. With the Z10 and the Q10 we can appeal to a much wider range of tastes, without sacrificing professional needs. This makes RIM unique. The market is huge, like the car market, and there is plenty of room. This is not a winner-take-all business.
    06-11-13 08:33 AM
    Yes, which is why you are looking forward to June 28th, not dreading it.
    I think that the ER could go either way. No real numbers from TH make me feel like the numbers are not good. If they prove to not be good . . . . . pull the ripcord!
    CDM76 and matthewriedle like this.
    06-11-13 08:34 AM
    Also are the CB servers updating to iOS 7? The site is running slow to me and wait times are long at times.

Or is it just me?
    06-11-13 08:40 AM
    I think that the ER could go either way. No real numbers from TH make me feel like the numbers are not good. If they prove to not be good . . . . . pull the ripcord!
    They should be fine...as pontificated by others: "this sh1t is about to explode dude"

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy, bungaboy and Dapper37 like this.
    06-11-13 08:40 AM
    Lastly, I have never in my life seen so much support for a complete stranger on a bulletin board before!
    And I have never in my life seen someone so selflessly and freely share their knowledge with such enthusiasm and embrace questions and comments with genuine kindness and patience in a public forum populated by such a motley crew as us.
    06-11-13 08:42 AM
    And testing the support good and early today. Lets hold this and bounce.
    06-11-13 08:47 AM
    Good morning everyone. I sure hope today isn't as busy as yesterday. That was just crazy. I'm sure we'll continue to have an interesting week and watch this slowly continue north. I hope everyone has a very productive day!
    06-11-13 08:49 AM
    They should be fine...as pontificated by others: "this sh1t is about to explode dude"

Posted via CB10
    I agree.
    But at this point I no longer think about it much. I just love the phone. On my recent travel, BlackBerry Travel was just awesome, way better than any other travel app that I had used on my iOS6. I talked to my kids via BBM video and they sounded like they were in my hotel room, the sound quality was way better than FaceTime on my iPhone. Calculator with Tips function (on OS 10.1) made it easy for me to divide up costs amongst my 8 colleagues after dinner. This phone (Z10) really does make my life better and that's all that I need for my confidence in BBRY.
    06-11-13 08:52 AM
    I just hope that we're around $16 at the ER. A swing of $4 either way then is manageable. Personally, I believe a drop of $4 at this price level would crush any positive vibes BBRY currently enjoys and hurt the company terribly from a psychological perspective.
    06-11-13 08:53 AM
    I just hope that we're around $16 at the ER. A swing of $4 either way then is manageable. Personally, I believe a drop of $4 at this price level would crush any positive vibes BBRY currently enjoys and hurt the company terribly from a psychological perspective.
    Nooooo....no way we slide down four bucks...

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:00 AM
    Not sure if anyone here has ever owned LULU before but it just cratered (-15%+) on news that their CEO is leaving. Should be a good buying opportunity once the falling stops as their forward guidance is positive and their most recent ER was good.
    Before I opened my trading account I watched LULU drop to $7 post lehman.....from about $50/60? IIRC........knowing the Brand was extremely strong just in Canada it was way way undervalued. Been watching it go up ever since.
    06-11-13 09:17 AM
    What makes this quiet period's silence so deafening for me, personally, is that--as enthusiastic as I feel about BBRY and its latest products--I understand why people (especially people unfamiliar with BB's recent innovations and vision) are so skeptical. The skeptics and shorts have some undeniable concerns yet enthusiasts like me have legitimate reasons to feel confident about BB's future and believe in its comeback potential. Yet investors with "weak hands" might just panic-sell some shares leading up to earnings, especially if the chatter on such networks as CNBC remains pessimistic about BBRY as the 28th approaches. This could cause a drop in the stock price leading up to a positive earnings report.

Here is a chart of Netflix (NFLX)--I have encircled the dates of the last three earnings reports and I have placed arrows showing how there was a downtrend in the stock price until the earnings report was published:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-20130611nflx.jpg

In all three cases, the stock price downtrended leading up to a positive earnings report, then turned positive. In the last two earnings reports--both obviously very good--the stock experienced a dramatic and immediate percentage gain.

I'm not saying this will happen to BBRY yet I believe that BBRY just needs to beat the whisper numbers in order to frighten at least SOME of the shorts enough that they will feel compelled to cover--and that's the kind of activity that could initiate the squeeze we're all anticipating will one day happen. In might not happen at this ER--we might need to wait until the next one or the one after that. It all depends on how good the ER numbers turn out to be and what kind of guidance BBRY provide for the upcoming quarter.

The point of this post is simply to give an example that demonstrates that downtrends before earnings do not necessarily forebode a post-earnings price drop. And that's something that could provide some relief to investors in this forum who are convinced in BB's future but are a bit worried about the recent price action.
    06-11-13 09:21 AM
    I agree.
    But at this point I no longer think about it much. I just love the phone. On my recent travel, BlackBerry Travel was just awesome, way better than any other travel app that I had used on my iOS6. I talked to my kids via BBM video and they sounded like they were in my hotel room, the sound quality was way better than FaceTime on my iPhone. Calculator with Tips function (on OS 10.1) made it easy for me to divide up costs amongst my 8 colleagues after dinner. This phone (Z10) really does make my life better and that's all that I need for my confidence in BBRY.
    Agree 100%...I'm confident...it's just too good an OS and the company is sufficiently financed, a complete turn around isn't just a long shot any more...it's here. Might take a few quarters to prove it (sorry, but true), I think it's a done deal...TH has a plan and appears its a good one.

Posted via CB10
    Nooooo....no way we slide down four bucks...

Posted via CB10
    We came VERY close to that after the December ER ($14.12 down to $10.61) and that was what I saw to be a very positive ER, relatively speaking.

If there is one thing out of line by much or any uncertainty left unattended the shorts will have their way when the short dogs start running.

That's one thing you'll want to keep in mind going into this ER. This thing will definitely swing wildly.

No stops being put in place by me.
    Acumenight likes this.
    This has got to be the tightest range in the opening hour since I started to watch this stock. Only a 15 cent range so far. WOW!! The volatility is really on hold.
    06-11-13 09:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wish I could be as optimistic but with the SP today being virtually same as 6 months ago need to be cautiously optimistic.

Edit: just checked my portfolio and EVERY stock I hold/am watching has started the day down, today.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:25 AM
    Steady as she goes...albeit on terribly low volume.
    06-11-13 09:27 AM
    Borrowed this from the ever entertaining message board at you know who....kinda sorta rehashed but fun numbers:

Last 20 days leading to end last quarter bb worldwider user percentage from stats counter:

Last 20 days leaving to end of this June quarter bb worldwide user percentage from stats counter:

market share increase from previous quarter: 6.400315416% user increase

last quarter: 76 million users * 6.400315416
    4,864,239 new bb users or 80,864,239 total users for this quarter.

This doesn't factor in worldwide market growth for smartphones for this quarter which is the multiplier of this numbers as well.

verify the data here for anyone who thinks otherwise:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

it maps directly showing the loss of 3 million users for last quarter as well.

or just look at the spike in users the last few weeks for blackberry Less:
    4+M "new" subs is monster. I can't see that happening. But man I sure hope you are spot on. I think THAT would cause a squeeze.
    06-11-13 09:29 AM
    This has got to be the tightest range in the opening hour since I started to watch this stock. Only a 15 cent range so far. WOW!! The volatility is really on hold.
    As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean...
    06-11-13 09:30 AM
    The big question to me is why does it seem they are pushing Q5 out sooner than TH said on the last ER CC (sept). Either Zs and especially the Q is selling so well that they don't need to hold it back and force people to buy the Z/Q if they really are die hard and numbers will still be good; or EM is losing subs faster than they thought they would and they need to stem the bleeding.
    06-11-13 09:32 AM
    4+M "new" subs is monster. I can't see that happening. But man I sure hope you are spot on. I think THAT would cause a squeeze.
    I know... hope the fellow is accurate too. , should be taken with a grain of salt though, as many have pointed out in the past.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:38 AM
    The big question to me is why does it seem they are pushing Q5 out sooner than TH said on the last ER CC (sept). Either Zs and especially the Q is selling so well that they don't need to hold it back and force people to buy the Z/Q if they really are die hard and numbers will still be good; or EM is losing subs faster than they thought they would and they need to stem the bleeding.
    I think they may have underestimated the value of having a mid-tier phone and the retreating of the Z10 and BB7 sales may be more than they had hoped.

They're juggling a lot of balls in the air.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-11-13 09:40 AM
113,256 ... 12421243124412451246 ...