Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Welcome back Morgan!

06-11-13 06:57 AM
    I still don't see how anyone can think that there's only 3 million sold yet that's "the line in the sand". They shipped 1 million Z10's in one month so we should be able to conclude that they should have done similar numbers for the Q10 for consumers. Enterprise is a different story of which is too hard to guess. Also, with the Z10 being available in 35 more countries for the majority of the quarter, I think 2 million is a vastly conservative number. With 40 countries carrying the Z, at 2 million units sold, that's only 50,000 units per country for the entire quarter. Now I understand that some countries have that as the entire population but it's still a low low number.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It seems absurd. Moreover, if their monthly production is 2 million +, do people expect that these phone are just sitting in warehouses? No. They are shipped because BBRY is producing on a just in time basis. The new Q5 and Z5 phone production will eat into some of that but certainly not 50%, which is what these low ball estimates would seem o imply.
    cjcampbell, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-11-13 06:58 AM
    Well the charts look like they are in a great position for us to start moving up. Oversold, DMI, RSI and so on should be turning upwards. I expect a pretty good week. $15.10 on the TSX by friday
    06-11-13 07:00 AM
    I agree. It seems absurd. Moreover, if their monthly production is 2 million +, do people expect that these phone are just sitting in warehouses? No. They are shipped because BBRY is producing on a just in time basis. The new Q5 and Z5 phone production will eat into some of that but certainly not 50%, which is what these low ball estimates would seem o imply.
    Reports like this, right or wrong, still hurt BBRY and seem to continue no matter what.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-11-13 07:00 AM
    06-11-13 07:08 AM
    You know news is slow when they're reporting on app updates. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:11 AM
    Reports like this, right or wrong, still hurt BBRY and seem to continue no matter what.
    Yip. Looks as though we may have been in a bear flag after all. Down 1% in premarket.

At least once this cycles through we should start making real gains again. It's been a sh!tty month.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-11-13 07:18 AM
    I like this part.

BBM will be a trojan horse on the other platforms. Connecting families across continents in ways, and at cost levels that no one else can match.
    06-11-13 07:24 AM
    I still don't see how anyone can think that there's only 3 million sold yet that's "the line in the sand". They shipped 1 million Z10's in one month so we should be able to conclude that they should have done similar numbers for the Q10 for consumers. Enterprise is a different story of which is too hard to guess. Also, with the Z10 being available in 35 more countries for the majority of the quarter, I think 2 million is a vastly conservative number. With 40 countries carrying the Z, at 2 million units sold, that's only 50,000 units per country for the entire quarter. Now I understand that some countries have that as the entire population but it's still a low low number.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, which is why you are looking forward to June 28th, not dreading it.
    06-11-13 07:24 AM
    Yip. Looks as though we may have been in a bear flag after all. Down 1% in premarket.

At least once this cycles through we should start making real gains again. It's been a sh!tty month.
    Now Charles. You know that PM numbers don't mean much. Look at how many times they've been up a good amount only to open red or head there soon after. Let's wait until the real market opens to see where we go for the day shall we?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:25 AM
    06-11-13 07:27 AM
    I believe the MDM market will begin to grow faster than most people think, I seem to see articles like this all the time

BYOD Security Incidents are Proving Costly to Business | Connectivity | OneStopClick
    06-11-13 07:30 AM
    Gives credit where credit is due

Apple's iOS 7 Buys Time With Ideas Borrowed From Other Mobile Platforms

Posted on Tuesday Jun 11th 2013 by Wayne Rash.
    Filed under: Mobile
    NEWS ANALYSIS: The latest features finding their way into iOS 7 have been collected from elsewhere in the mobile industry revealing little that’s new, except that the ideas are new to Apple.
    06-11-13 07:32 AM

NEWS ANALYSIS: The latest features finding their way into iOS 7 have been collected from elsewhere in the mobile industry revealing little that’s new, except that the ideas are new to Apple.
    The same thing Samsung does every couple of weeks...
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-11-13 07:37 AM
    Not sure if anyone here has ever owned LULU before but it just cratered (-15%+) on news that their CEO is leaving. Should be a good buying opportunity once the falling stops as their forward guidance is positive and their most recent ER was good.
    Compaqee and BlackistheBerry like this.
    06-11-13 07:43 AM
    Thor is on to something when he talks about mobile computing, especially cars. Why would Apple even attempt to bring iOS to the car if there wasn't a market? BBRY really has the lead there with QNX and I hope they keep pushing it. Unify everything under the BB10 platform, like they showed at Live, and push on.
    06-11-13 07:43 AM
    Not sure if anyone here has ever owned LULU before but it just cratered (-15%+) on news that their CEO is leaving. Should be a good buying opportunity once the falling stops as their forward guidance is positive and their most recent ER was good.
    They're crashing from their all time high and also leaving the TSX. They cited the lack of action on the TSX as the reason for leaving.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-11-13 07:44 AM
    The same thing Samsung does every couple of weeks...

As much as I like to point out Apple's hypocrisy (this latest example from i07, in general Jony Ives copying Dieter Rams'/Braun stylistic approach from the 60s), they do have many original ideas that push other manufacturers to step up to the plate. Not sure what everyone thinks of the new Mac Pro just launched... Yes, It looks like a trashcan but I quite like it and it's 100% original.

Thanks again to all of our great contributers on here! Just finished catching up on the thread while eating breakfast at a restaurant. Have a great one today, guys and gal!
    06-11-13 07:47 AM

Apple is the Messiah of the Cult that's for sure.

Apple innovation = copy + litigate.
    06-11-13 07:49 AM
    As much as I like to point out Apple's hypocrisy (this latest example from i07, in general Jony Ives copying Dieter Rams'/Braun stylistic approach from the 60s), they do have many original ideas that push other manufacturers to step up to the plate. Not sure what everyone thinks of the new Mac Pro just launched... Yes, It looks like a trashcan but I quite like it and it's 100% original.

Thanks again to all of our great contributers on here! Just finished catching up on the thread while eating breakfast at a restaurant. Have a great one today, guys and gal!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-braunvsapple460.jpg
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-11-13 07:54 AM
    They're crashing from their all time high and also leaving the TSX. They cited the lack of action on the TSX as the reason for leaving.
    Yeah, not a good place for them.
    06-11-13 07:56 AM

With regards to the Pro, I think it looks interesting but I'm not the target market, These machines start at over 3 grand and can take you up over 10. Based on the shape, it doesn't look expandable aside from external expansion which could look really quite cumbersome. Of course I'm sure I'm wrong but I think having the space inside the unit to put expandables far outweighs the look of the unit in a professional environment.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-11-13 08:05 AM
    Going higher today folks...simmering positives will bubble up green green green...shorts and their masters can't hold a sure thing for much longer.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-11-13 08:06 AM
    Hello everyone!! Thought I would post a couple of charts before my medication kicks in! I have a ton of reading to do to get caught up with the board so I'll be doing just that over the next two days.

Here is the original Pennant Formation going back to the top of the pre-BB 10 launch ($ 18.32/shr):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-11a-2013-chart.jpg

I see that we have some variations of the "pennant theory" from my fellow charters here, that's okay. In every case, we find support and resistance in the $ 13.50 - $ 16.50/shr level and that spells breakout or breakdown. I subscribe to the Pennant theory using our EXTREME moves occurring at the pennant lines dating back to February. Within that pennant formation, I also think that we formed a long parallel channel from April high until today, and that we are still inside this channel looking to break out here. Other than a brief, news driven attempt to get out of this channel, we have followed it closely leading me to believe we are in the final stage of consolidation. Now today looks to be a negative opening and for my theory to hold, we would have to trade within the $ 13.60/shr to $ 13.95/shr range.

The second chart is the Bollinger Bands version and for a same duration too:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-11-2013-chart.jpg

Again, I used the popular extreme lows to form the pennant which I believe is still valid. The reason I say this is valid is because it doesn't matter if we miss support by a few pennies as long as the breakdown is not confirmed. By stepping outside the lower support line, and quickly returning above it again, we have not confirmed the breakdown. A typical breakdown is a very bad trading day indeed and we didn't see that this time around either. The next point for staying with the PF is the fact that we successfully made a higher low, this is very important this time around too. What is surprising in all of this is the lack of Q10 news! In conclusion, we have a tight range for trading today, $ 13.60 - $ 13.95/shr on no news.

As for the I OS 7 news yesterday, I came away wondering how well this minor upgrade will fair on the HTML5 speed test. They are loading that bloated software with even more process hungry functions, hence the limited upgrade to i Phone 5 only, and, its not like i OS have a decent performance rating to begin with. Let's assume they are able to get it out in Sept or Oct, there aren't that many i Phone 5(s) in the wild out there to benefit from it (I read it is only for I Phone 5?). Many found they could justify upgrading to the i Phone 4S, I would think they will be disappointed, no? My final point would be that by the time Apple comes back with an upgrade to I OS 7.0, BlackBerry will be on at least BB 10.4 leaving me to believe that Apple can only copy BB 10 from here on in. Then, there are the bugs in producing i OS 7 on top of such an old OS, ... this story is far from over here.

Lastly, I have never in my life seen so much support for a complete stranger on a bulletin board before! I can't express my gratitude to all of you for thinking of me and I actually thought this thread might be in jeopardy because of all of the non-topic comments! Crazy! Anyway, I'm glad to be back, I need some more time to recover from last week so I'll be missing most of the days this week.

Regarding the operation, it wasn't a complete success, it had to be stopped early, we are going to go at it again in early July and none of this means something terrible has happened, its just that there weren't going to be enough "visible" areas to conclude that we had everything captured in this round. We need to see more vital areas in there to confirm that we are going to have a successful surgery. I likely have two more surgeries before we will be able to conclude that this problem is behind us. So without giving away too much detail, and thus discouraging others from have these crazy operations, I can't tell you anything more right now!

I will be reading each message on the board using my cool Z10 phone, CB has the best mobile app going for keeping up with this thread. Have a great day, let's stay above $ 13.60/shr on a general market sell off and try to clear $ 13.95 - $ 14.00/shr, you will know when we clear resistance as that pop will take us to the 50-dma right away. Thanks everyone!
    06-11-13 08:08 AM
    I hope everything works itself out and you get better soon M+8.
    06-11-13 08:19 AM
113,256 ... 12411242124312441245 ...