View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?
- 993. You may not vote on this poll
- 01-28-2013, 09:40 AM #2927Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- CrackBerry Genius
01-28-2013, 10:00 AM #2930
- 2,225 Posts
Why, maybe AAPL will be the big value play now? Down +/- 40% from its high, trading at 10x earning and paying over a 2% dividend. Not saying I would buy it, but on paper it looks OK. I just hope it isn't the start of a rotation out of RIMM and back into Apple, it sure did seem to be the reverse the last few months.... Just another reason to be wary here.
Last edited by OMGitworks; 01-28-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typo
- 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM #2933
I think that after the big run up of the past four months, there are a lot of people taking profit before the launch. No one ever went broke taking a profit, right?
so expect some (more) volatility as the shorts 'churn the float' and longs "lock-in" their profits. For me, I'll stay long and hope that BB10 knocks everyone's socks off on the 30th.
I'm not a sports fan but this is like waiting for your favorite team to play the final game of the season! I'm on pins and needles!
Oh, and apple is bussing about a 128gb ipad so they are making another incremental improvement to their aging lineup. the apple faithful will be seeing this as a sign of big things to come.8820 -> 9550 -> 9380 ->Z10. PB 1.0 -> PB2.1 -> PB??
- 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM #2934
- 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM #2935Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM #2937Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- CrackBerry Master
01-28-2013, 10:35 AM #2938
- 1,157 Posts
Looks like there is going to be a lot of profit-taking today and tomorrow driving the stock price further down. Maybe $15 - $16?
Wednesday is when stock will move up or down based on news/launch. As morganplus8 said, news trumps everything. I expect launch to be specular so I think there is more than even chance of stock rallying up on Wednesday onwards.Dear BlackBerry,
1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-28-2013, 10:37 AM #2941
- 1 Posts
01-28-2013, 10:38 AM #2942
- 870 Posts
- CrackBerry Genius
01-28-2013, 10:38 AM #2943
- 2,225 Posts
10 times earnings multiple, paying a dividend and sitting on boat loads of cash fits many investors definition of a value stock. S&P multiple is about 15 right now, so it trades at a 50% multiple discount. You might not like it, but just wondering what definition or parameters you would consider?
Edited to add link:
Last edited by OMGitworks; 01-28-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add link
- 01-28-2013, 10:39 AM #2944
Morganplus8, any chance the large chunk sold was meant to trigger a whack of stop loss?
- 01-28-2013, 10:56 AM #2946
This sell-off may have be due to the lower app pricing introduce this morning for UK and Euro subscribers. A knee-**** reaction similar to the previous announcement of the new fee structure for BB10 on Dec 20th.8820 -> 9550 -> 9380 ->Z10. PB 1.0 -> PB2.1 -> PB??
- 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM #2948
Is Research In Motion a Star While Apple Is a Dog?
From some weeks back but nailed it!
Anyway I don't want to clog this thread up with more aapl vs RIM but you can certainly PM me if you want to continue a conversation of such.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-28-2013, 11:04 AM #2949
- 124 Posts
I posted this yesterday.
Would like to add #5. Collect enough voting rights to vote to delist from NASDAQ. Watsa delisted Fairfax from NY - sick of the BS.
Nobody has a #6. Voting rights have to be good for something .
Back to the short position talk. It looks to me like all this shorting has another purpose - someone is shorting RIM, then buying an equal number of shares and just sitting on them. Now they have some cash in hand, have to pay a small fee to maintain the short, and have control a bunch of stock. The future price has no bearing as they are dollar neutral (both long and short). What's the point? The voting rights are now with the new owner, the guy who unknowingly loaned out the shares lost them. The cost is minimal and there is no risk. Now what? (I'm not a finance or business guy - so a llittle help?)
1. Hostil takeover? If a company has voting rights for say 100 million shares of RIM, and they gain control of another 163 million through partnerships, options or buying on the open market, and get 51% can then then vote to buy RIM at a 20% to 40% premium? Like $22.....I'd be choked.
2. RIM insiders are collecting these voting rights to stop a takeover and reduce the pool of shares eligable for loaning.
3. RIM insiders are planning on going private?????? I'd be really choked if I got bought out at $22 and RIM went on to generate 100s of billions in revenue. No f'ing way would I be buying anything from BB.
4. Maybe they are legitimate shorts....pretty ballsy.... if RIM pops $10, thats $1.4 billion in losses.
So - to stop aholes from shorting your stock ....put it up for sale, tranfer it to RRSP, ask for certificate. The big boys are in total control, but at least you will know you did your part.
- 01-28-2013, 11:05 AM #2950
Edit: I forgot to mention that the app dev still has the right to change their pricing also up/down, so in reality what transpires is a situation of price/value/content/sales +/- based on such. Currency fluctuation corrected is an aside.
i am confused. i want to support rim and buy bb10 on day 1 but i really want to get keyboard versionBy bitek in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 27Last Post: 11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
- By IamGOV in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 0Last Post: 08-05-2009, 04:59 PM
- By mistyinca in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-18-2009, 05:03 PM