Gut said yes, mind said no. Ahh lol.
    05-23-13 11:07 AM
    Warren buffett, Prem watsa

There us two

Posted via CB10
    Maybe true, but I have never met them.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-23-13 11:09 AM
    Am I not aware of some major news about BBRY? Anyone know why the stock spiked?
    05-23-13 11:10 AM
    4 months of holding on to this stock and now back to square one... I could go back and find the quotes where I was thinking of selling at 16+... Must have said it around 5 times... Blah. O well, it's time for the percolator.

My feeling exactly.... blah

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 05-23-13 at 01:42 PM.
    05-23-13 11:12 AM
    Gut said yes, mind said no. Ahh lol.
    As much as I tried to talk Charles into re-thinking, investing is a PERSONAL thing unless you do it for a living. Everyone has to make up their own mind... and if we're thinking this thing is above 20 in 5 weeks time, then who cares about a few pennies here and there - except if you had thousands at play - then those pennies are a mortgage payment, etc

Plenty of time to continue to dip and rebound - it won't hold anywhere near HOD
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 11:13 AM
    Oversold...
    05-23-13 11:13 AM
    Yey, now the stock is up. I told you that because I got the margin call you are going to $20 a share. Just wait and see. Just wait and see.
    05-23-13 11:16 AM
    As much as I tried to talk Charles into re-thinking, investing is a PERSONAL thing unless you do it for a living. Everyone has to make up their own mind... and if we're thinking this thing is above 20 in 5 weeks time, then who cares about a few pennies here and there - except if you had thousands at play - then those pennies are a mortgage payment, etc

It's still early, as you stated, so the HOD is yet to be determined, IMO
    05-23-13 11:16 AM
    There is a bit of "magic" in them -if only because a lot of algorithmic trading uses them. Kind of a catch-22 - it doesn't *really* have significance standing on its own but there's a behavioral agreement to treat it as if it's significant, thus making it significant...

[edit: Over simplified... the observed behavior around 30/70 RSI was valid to begin with, or it never would have gained traction... but algorithm-based technical trading has certainly cemented it's place... ]
    Sure, valid points. I've learned, however, that these "magic" numbers might seem so but then traders begin to use, say, 14 plus 29 and 71 as their RSI and program-trade off of that--in time, those can become the "magic" numbers (or they might seem to be more magical that other numbers). When those new magic numbers begins to work, someone else will create a new overlay of, say, 16 plus maybe 25 and 75 as their RSI and program-trade off of that. Serious traders are looking for a penny-precision edge wherever possible and spend hours tweaking their studies. Additionally, it's common for traders to combine RSI with other studies, dissipating a bit of the magic that might appear to exist in a single study.

Having said all that, of course there is something to be said for the accuracy of RSI in its traditional (and popular) 14 plus 30/70 configuration--that's undeniable, and knowing that is one of the reasons why I consider myself a technical trader. However, the word "magic" connotes a sort of reliability and I just prefer to speak in terms of probability, hence my contention that there is "no magic".
    05-23-13 11:17 AM
    Oversold...
    Probably but hope there's some insider news that hasn't been released yet and a huge bull rush in the afternoon

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 11:17 AM
    What a great buying opportunity this morning at open!
    05-23-13 11:22 AM
    Holy sh1t....green? lol

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 11:26 AM
    Picked up some more shares today.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-23-13 11:30 AM
    The day's not over yet...and don't forget that there's a long lull ahead yet.
    05-23-13 11:45 AM
    Three words - "bullish engulfing candle"
    05-23-13 11:47 AM
    Well at least we did not see the dreaded $13.
    05-23-13 11:47 AM
    Well at least we did not see the dreaded $13.
    Knock on wood. NOW!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 11:50 AM
    Wow, a lively discussion on the board this morning! My wife saw my BBRY purchases yesterday and demanded I get my head read so I just got back from the hospital, .... 10 mins for a CT Scan and we get the results next week. So that's out of the way, here are some charts while we wait:

YanglFui gets credit for this short-term chart on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-23-2013-chart.jpg

This is the range the stock (4-months) is trading within while we wait for a game changer event. It's a simple presentation of the narrowing of the trade with a major trend change happening around $ 16.30/shr on any decent rally. A rush to $ 16.30/shr doesn't mean we are breaking out, it simply means it is time to test the resolve of the bears at higher levels. Please look closely at the highs and potential lows here, the low is near $ 13.50/shr and we can get there and still be perfectly NEUTRAL on the trade. This isn't bearish or bullish, it is consolidation. So in the past 4 months alone, we are range bound between $ 13.50/shr and anything over $ 16.00/shr and we could trade within this range for months to come.

My chart over the last 9-months:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-23a-2013-chart.jpg

I point out that we are trending up, over the past 8 months and that a pennant formation is evident within that rally. The goal of my simple chart is to show you how the stock flattens out to accommodate delays in product releases and news events in general. We have in fact changed the lower uptrend line to more sustainable levels over the past few months. My chart also implies that we are nearing the end of this pennant formation. Note that YangFui and I has different perspectives here but our charts mesh together beautifully. If fact, the only reason I don't use his lines is because I want to bring a different look to the stock and he does his so well. In the past, I was accused of pandering to his work, not willing to argue with him but that's far from true, his chart is excellent, his delivery back then was what was controversial and I stayed out of that issue. For the record, you know how I feel about the lack of anything worth reading from BB_Trader. I support CB members who provide compiling arguments.

The next chart is the weekly chart which takes away the daily trading issues that we often get caught up in:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-23c-2013-chart.jpg

Here we see the uptrend line flattening out, and within that uptrend line is the chart of YangFui. It fits perfectly into the story. This chart screams BUY at this point, it isn't clouded by today's trade at all. You can also see the importance of the 52 week high as we breakout here.

The final chart is a short-term one that points out how poorly BB_Trader is as a trader. It contains the 3-day moving average, not the 5-dma, the one I use. It shows you the trading range, the attempted breakout of the stock and the failure on multiple occasions. It also shows you where to place your bets:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-23d-2013-chart.jpg

The point here is that if you want to look at the stock on a minute by minute basic, you will use different perimeters such as the 3-dma and an RSI (10) versus my RSI (14). In both cases you are right. What we want to see here isn't your choice of indicators rather a summary of why you think the stock will trade where it does. A chart is the best method to point out to the group where you think things will go. You aren't a BBRY traitor because you think it will continue down more! Let's see why you feel that way. As for BB_Trader, he "guessed wrong" this morning and he "guessed wrong" so far today with a short position on the stock. But why guess in the first place. Use the chart, establish the trend and resistance and in this case, you can see the downtrend line that we need to break out of. The 3-dma is $ 14.60/shr when the stock trades there, the downtrend line crosses at $ 14.60/shr too, you would short at this level if you think the stock has met resistance, and you would buy about this level if the stock looks to be closing above this level, or, it will open above this level tomorrow. Follow this chart if you trade daily. All of the arguments I read this morning are valid, BB_Trader is the only one that isn't providing sound reasoning regarding where BBRY can go.

For everyone except BB_Trader, look for the stock to move above $ 14.60/shr and begin a rally from here. At the very least, we can setup for tomorrow's rally.

Note the price of the stock when I created all of these charts, for the record I don't comment on what is happening seconds before I post to the board so the actual trade of the stock needs to be included in my stock targets. GL
    05-23-13 11:51 AM

I'm just going to wait and see how much lower it may go yet. I bought a bunch more yesterday at $14.35 and figured it would make more sense to hold out for a deeper dip to buy more, not just 20 cents. We have some more lulls yet.
    05-23-13 11:51 AM
    Wow, a lively discussion on the board this morning! My wife saw my BBRY purchases yesterday and demanded I get my head read so I just got back from the hospital, .... 10 mins for a CT Scan and we get the results next week. So that's out of the way, here are some charts while we wait:

YanglFui gets credit for this short-term chart on BBRY:
    Thank you kind sir.
    And I extend my best wishes to you regarding your CT scan results. Keep yourself healthy--we need you here.
    Last edited by YangFui; 05-23-13 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Another spelling error... :(
    05-23-13 11:57 AM
    When there is no news, the stock trades on technicals, buyers look for exhaustion levels and set buy orders in place, when others see buy orders they hit the "ask" to get ahead of the trade. The stock goes higher, very quickly as a chase is on. The stock rallies to resistance levels where we see sell orders and profit taking from day traders. This is the cycle for most stocks while we wait for news. We have sold off from $ 16.59/shr to the low $ 14.00's, its a buy area for now.
    05-23-13 11:59 AM
    BB at $15+
    Good thing I covered my short for a small profit, now in HND.
    OK, boys, pump BB for the bulls and for me to short later
    Holy ****, I should have stayed in BB long and short .... such bull**** to see ng rallying up, I took a haircut on my hnd, well re-visit, so on that note, shorting BB now, may go back to hnd later today near the 230pm close.
    05-23-13 12:02 PM
    Like others have said, it just got so low that people actually started buying again. No news.
    05-23-13 12:04 PM
    Stop the BS please its getting old.....
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 12:11 PM
113,256 ... 10781079108010811082 ...