1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Were you eating chicken, fish or . . . . . ? LoL
    Probably the "or".
    05-21-13 10:12 PM
    Just got this. Nice to see Costco pushing Q10.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-costco-q10.jpg
    05-21-13 10:49 PM
    BBRY isn't going software only. I think they are going to be a big MDM provider going forward.

But I think they will still do phones. As long as they make money, they will make them. And they are an interesting mid point between Apple and Android. They will not be fragmented like Android and they will offer more price points than Apple.

I don't see why BB10 can't have 20% of the hardware market in 5 years. It's more than that though. They get money from app sales and music/video sales.

Time will tell though. I just want them to get FCF back to $2 billion a year. If they can't do that in a year or two, this stock is not going anywhere. I just think it will and in doing so, we'll easily see $40+ per share. The trick is getting revs to $20-$25 billion a year. TTM Revs are $11 billion so there is an uphill battle. "Analysts" are projecting 2014 revs to come in at $13B which is better but BBRY has a ways to go.
    05-21-13 10:55 PM
    We suffer wave after wave of attacks. Some of us are getting down! Remember.......we held the line @ $6

Keep long and strong for now we will fight in the shade!!

300 - We will Blot out the Sun. - YouTube
    05-21-13 11:27 PM
    Blah, ate something that didn't go down right... Why!?

Anyways, here in Tokyo as you might expect, the BB's are few and far in between. S4 has tons of promotion going on around the area I've noticed. Hopefully one day BB will come back in this market.

Hope all is well, now I need to recover from whatever I ate... Also, it does feel a bit relaxin not having to look at the stock price all the time... Ha! I think I've only peeked at it once or twice the last week! I come on here and read to see how the action was and if any big news came out however.
    all the best for a speedy recovery.
    no bb's in tokyo, eh? how come?
    my friend ended up buying the s4 too, in canada, on tuesday.
    safe travels.
    nb. bbry up only 3 cents in afterhours $14.80.
    no news.
    cheers.
    05-22-13 12:42 AM
    wow, short interest up again.
    how high can it go?
    Research In Motion Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    05-22-13 01:35 AM
    you guys probably saw, but CB has an article on Q5 pre-reg opening in the UK. Looks like this will come to market fairly quickly should add to the ER after next.
    OFF TOPIC (but funny) Sorry, some politics involved but nothing serious....
    The ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER
    Jean de La Fontaine
    La Cigale et la fourmi

La cigale ayant chant�
    Tout l'�t�,
    Se trouva fort d�pourvue
    Quand la bise fut venue :
    Pas un seul petit morceau
    De mouche ou de vermisseau.
    Elle alla crier famine
    Chez la fourmi sa voisine,
    La priant de lui pr�ter
    Quelque grain pour subsister
    Jusqu’� la saison nouvelle.
    � Je vous paierai, lui dit-elle,
    Avant l’ao�t, foi d’animal,
    Int�r�t et principal. �
    La fourmi n’est pas pr�teuse :
    C’est l� son moindre d�faut.
    � Que faisiez-vous au temps chaud ?
    Dit-elle � cette emprunteuse.
    — Nuit et jour � tout venant
    Je chantais, ne vous d�plaise.
    — Vous chantiez ? J’en suis fort aise :
    Eh bien ! Dansez maintenant. �
    The Cricket and the Ant

The cricket had sung her song
    all summer long
    but found her victuals too few
    when the north wind blew.
    Nowhere could she espy
    a single morsel of worm or fly.

Her neighbor, the ant, might,
    she thought, help her in her plight,
    and she begged her for a little grain
    till summer would come back again.
    “By next August I’ll repay both
    Interest and principal; animal’s oath.”
    Now, the ant may have a fault or two
    But lending is not something she will do.
    She asked what the cricket did in summer.
    “By night and day, to any comer
    I sang whenever I had the chance.”
    You sang, did you? That’s nice. Now dance.

That's literature, lifestyle or BS ... but - again - let's please leave politics in the granary.
    Edit: And while at it, if proven relevant (I can't say), just use the oldy-but-good advice : "do not feed the troll".

Thank you, very, very much
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-22-13 at 02:40 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-22-13 02:17 AM
    Every stock market in the world is tied to US performance, some just have stronger ties than others. The US is Canada's largest trading partner, so if the US economy goes south, so does ours.

A rising tide sinks all ships.
    Very true, however with BlackBerry trading below book value, if there is a correction in the markets. Chances are the pullback in BBRY will be slight and short lived.
    With the market up and ready for a correction yet BBRY still low. If the fundamentals continue to improve on BBRY, it will be a great rotation candidate for money to move into.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 05-22-13 at 04:42 AM.
    05-22-13 02:56 AM
    Not going with Android might have been Thor's best decision. HTC is in major trouble and this is the reality of Android OEMs in a market dominated by Samsung.

HTC in disarray: staff departures, 'disastrous' First, and production problems cloud company's future | The Verge
    05-22-13 04:44 AM
    Another great day coming! I promise to be more "upbeat" as yesterday, I was not.

See, I am smiling
    05-22-13 05:34 AM
    I'm also hearing/reading more and more about the idea of BlackBerry becoming strictly software eventually. I still feel that after the release of planned devices this year, we'll find out this is happening quicker then people thought possible.

BlackBerry shifts emphasis from smartphones to ser - BlackBerry - bb
    Just to touch base on this thought. The media and in this case a Blogger continue the interpret the BlackBerry news in a way that suites them and their readers! For the most part its an easy sell and has been for a long time, to say BlackBerry is failing so their going to do this or their failing so there going to do that. None of them seem to be able to fully grip the reality of the current situation. That being the emergence of BB10 as a solid mobile computing platform going forward. So they continue to angle their stories accordingly. Yet now with slight shifts towards how it's posible for BlackBerry to survive if, they do this or that.
    There's just to many moving parts to the BlackBerry story and so many lazy reporters, that are unable to understand let alone articulate BlackBerry in its entirety. Considering BlackBerry's mobile solution has more moving parts then that of Samsung mobile or apples mobile department, its not all their fault for not believing in the potential . (moving parts, not size) So they continue to write things that they and they're readers can accept and understand.
    Do to the overwhelming amount of uniformed articles it continues to cloud the situation! The facts will come out during the June and September ER!
    To be sure, BlackBerry has plans to compete and win, manufacturing hardware. They don't have to be the #1 or 2 manufacturer to be an unbelievable success. The last BlackBerry ER was a sure sign of this. Both Samsung and Apple make almost all their profits here. For BlackBerry not to focus on profit in this area would be a massive admission of failure, thats not about to happen any time soon.
    When you consider Microsoft desire to get into manufacturing. Believing BlackBerry is going to exit makes zero sense. IMO.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:05 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:08 AM
    Just to touch base on this thought. The media and in this case a Blogger continue the interpret the BlackBerry news in a way that suites them and their readers! For the most part its an easy sell and has been for a long time, to say BlackBerry is failing so their going to do this or their failing so there going to do that. None of them seem to be able to fully grip the reality of the current situation. That being the emergence of BB10 as a solid mobile computing platform going forward. So they continue to angle their stories accordingly. Yet now with slight shifts towards how it's posible for BlackBerry to survive if, they do this or that.
    There's just to many moving parts to the BlackBerry story and so many lazy reporters, that are unable to understand let alone articulate BlackBerry in its entirety. Considering BlackBerry's mobile solution has more moving parts then Samsung mobile or apples mobile department its not all their fault for not believing (moving parts, not size) in the potential. So they continue to write things that they and their readers can accept and understand.
    Do to the overwhelming amount of uniformed articles it continues to cloud the situation! The facts will come out during the June and September ER!
    To be sure, BlackBerry has plans to compete and win, manufacturing hardware. They don't have to be the #1 or 2 manufacturer to be an unbelievable success. The last BlackBerry ER was a sure sign of this. Both Samsung and Apple make almost all their profits there. For BlackBerry not to focus on profit in this area would be a massive failure, thats not about to happen any time soon.
    When you consider Microsoft desire to get into manufacturing. Believing BlackBerry is going to exit makes zero sense. IMO.

Posted via CB10
    But they can still do that *and* at the same effectively decouple their key software products from their hardware platform to allow for an exit strategy - I don't see the two as being mutually exclusive.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    05-22-13 06:12 AM
    But they can still do that *and* at the same effectively decouple their key software products from their hardware platform to allow for an exit strategy - I don't see the two as being mutually exclusive.
    Yes if that was the plan, I don't believe it is. I just don't see that option as needed any longer. Old BlackBerry may have had to concider such a move. But the new BlackBerry with the ubiquitous platform they carry going forward is not waisting time in that area of thought, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    05-22-13 06:21 AM
    Let's not forget, it was all the same media and Bloggers that insisted BlackBerry had to go Android to survive! Look how well that's working out for all but Samsung now. There is a very nice market for BlackBerry going forward. No Doubt.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:26 AM
    05-22-13 06:37 AM
    I know I BBM my butler all the time already but this is cool

BBM ur Butler @ Keraton at the Plaza
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    05-22-13 06:44 AM
    Nice to see futures up premarket, http://www.investing.com/indices/indices-futures no trading yet though on BBRY, this could be a "green" light day for the bulls, might be time to take my bear profits held in cash overnight and bull up. Keep in mind that Ben does his FedTalk today at 10 AM, be very careful. You may want to delay any trading until after this time. Cheers, DayTrader BB_T, have a great one, everyone, bulls and bears

Whoops, posted too soon, here is the update, BBRY is down in premarket http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/bbry/premarket
    05-22-13 06:45 AM
    May take off in other places (Africa ? ) where reliable financial services are hard to find.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy, La Emperor and W Hoa like this.
    05-22-13 06:47 AM

Just think how many will sign up after BBM is available for everybody.

Ca-ching!
    bungaboy, take99 and W Hoa like this.
    05-22-13 06:52 AM
    Vodacom South Africa numbers here, bbry still dominant but ios and android gaining

iPhone vs Android vs BlackBerry vs Windows
    05-22-13 06:52 AM
    First trade is red...
    05-22-13 06:57 AM
    First trade is RED. Does that mean we will be visiting $13 today?
    05-22-13 06:57 AM
    Dude! Lol. We're down $.01 PM. Let's save the negativity for the first trading day post-squeeze.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:03 AM
    Don't think so but I am of the mind that without news we're going to saunter on down until about $14.30...but if we get a bear raid it could take us into the hi $13s sometime between now and next Wednesday.

If I call this one right, barring any major news, I will feel confident knowing that I have this baby dialed in.

I like to keep a worst case scenario in mind now that I'm long on this stock. In case a great opportunity presents for adding.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    05-22-13 07:11 AM
113,251 ... 10611062106310641065 ...