702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    we both know your watching it as much as me and greg :P

Stop watching the GD stock so much! LOL :ROTFL:
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 10:05 AM
    we both know your watching it as much as me and greg :P
    I'm actually just watching this thread now.
    05-21-13 10:06 AM
    A hike in interest rates now would be economic suicide.
    No doubt! Low interest rates are the ONLY reason the market is doing so well.

Most consider the market to be in a HUGE bubble and I have to agree. When "it" happens I think the markets could loose as much as 30% or more. It will be a dark day for not just the USA but for the rest of the world as this will cascade into Economic Armageddon ( I love that word).

But then, BBRY usually does it best with a DOW dip!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    05-21-13 10:06 AM
    While I agree that any signal from Bernanke like raising rates, etc will have a catastrophic effect on the markets. I do not think obama will let him. The Dems really can't handle more right now.

BBRY is the DOWS b|tch !
    Mr. B spoke last weekend at a small local college commencement. I went to an event where he was. Typical type thing, meet and greet. In my 2 second handshake with him, I said hello asked if the fed was going to raise rates and what about this tapering thing (where they wean off purchases and liquidity help). He just laughed. I don't think he was laughing at the question or concept just as to say "Are you kidding me, I wouldn't tell anyone that...." He is a smart guy.

Remember he is a student/scholar of the Great Depression when the government arguably didn't do enough. I don't think he will do anything to short circuit this and will keep greasing the wheels until it is very clear that we have an inflation problem. It will all end badly, but just not anytime soon.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 10:10 AM
    No doubt! Low interest rates are the ONLY reason the market is doing so well.

Most consider the market to be in a HUGE bubble and I have to agree. When "it" happens I think the markets could loose as much as 30% or more. It will be a dark day for not just the USA but for the rest of the world as this will cascade into Economic Armageddon ( I love that word).

But then, BBRY usually does it best with a DOW dip!
    I don't disagree there. BBRY is definitely a contrarian to the DOW. LOL

Our MACD is down to .04 now, from .08 yesterday, and I have a feeling that it's going below zero soon. I hate to see it doing the $14 zone dance but the signals seem pretty clear that it'll close out this week here unless we get some good news.

Pre-orders for the Q10 in the US did nothing to the SP so I am thinking that the release will be equally as mute.
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-21-13 10:11 AM
    Mr. B spoke last weekend at a small local college commencement. I went to an event where he was. Typical type thing, meet and greet. In my 2 second handshake with him, I said hello asked if the fed was going to raise rates and what about this tapering thing (where they wean off purchases and liquidity help). He just laughed. I don't think he was laughing at the question or concept just as to say "Are you kidding me, I would tell anyone that...." He is a smart guy.

Remember he is a student/scholar of the Great Depression when the government arguably didn't do enough. I don't think he will do anything to short circuit this and will keep greasing the wheels until it is very clear that we have an inflation problem. It will all end badly, but just not anytime soon.
    Yeah, plus it's a big strategy that they chose to undertake and given how deep they are into it they're just putting the pedal to the metal hoping that the long twisty road in the woods will end somewhere nice.

For certain, nobody wants to do anything radical until they have to or at least until Bernanke leaves, which I believe is 2014.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    05-21-13 10:16 AM
    It's a witch!

Burn her!
    Speaking of witch, guess what kind of animal I found in my chimney?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Santa Claus?
    lcjr, Bugmapper, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-21-13 10:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    A bat
    05-21-13 10:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    A BB_Bear???
    lcjr, q649, Shanerredflag and 1 others like this.
    05-21-13 10:41 AM
    Mobile computing?

Posted via CB10
    tygros likes this.
    05-21-13 10:42 AM
    here is a good article

Maverick Capital is the major short player behind the shorting of BlackBerry. They nearly went bankrupt in 2003 when shorting BlackBerry as it was beginning to flourish. They thought they could finish the job on BBRY by paying off analysts to write false stores about phones being returned, underwhelming shipment numbers, UK Gov't contracts not being renewed, etc. All of it a complete lie in order for them to raid the stock illegally (colloquially referred to as a bear raid).

What Maverick Capital, and other short players do not understand fully, is that 34.5% if the FLOAT is SHORT. Free float is 484M shares, and institutional ownership has increased SUBSTANTIALLY. I am aware of a collective effort going on by long hedge funds, money managers, and intitutions across America, Canada, UK, and the world, to slowly accumulate these shares at these price levels. The institutional ownership of this stock is now will north of 80%.

The reason volume has fallen so drastically is very simple: very few are now selling; and, shares are VERY difficult to borrow short with a 10% negative rebate. Here is how the story ends: BlackBerry continues to thrive and and ships a massive amount of devices in Q1. EPS will be over $1.00/share. There will be a massive squeeze in this stock in the coming weeks or months. The term "massive" can't even describe the lasting effects. Maverick Capital, and it's "friends" shorting BBRY will be out of ammo. SEC already has their eye on them and things will not turn out well for them, just as things will not turn out well for Jeff Johnston of Detwiler Fenton. White-collar crimes are punishable with some very strict sentences (10+ yrs if found convicted)

In closing, I'd just like to say, Maverick Capital, it's over. You have lost. You are now cornered by institutional longs. Insolvency is on your doorstep. Criminal charges are at your window.

Read more at The MAJOR short hedge fund on BBRY is MAVERICK CAP - BlackBerry - BB

The MAJOR short hedge fund on BBRY is MAVERICK CAP - BlackBerry - BB
    05-21-13 10:42 AM
    Massive. Ok life savings going into bbry now!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    A duck!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    05-21-13 10:48 AM
    here is a good article

Maverick Capital is the major short player behind the shorting of BlackBerry. They nearly went bankrupt in 2003 when shorting BlackBerry as it was beginning to flourish. They thought they could finish the job on BBRY by paying off analysts to write false stores about phones being returned, underwhelming shipment numbers, UK Gov't contracts not being renewed, etc. All of it a complete lie in order for them to raid the stock illegally (colloquially referred to as a bear raid).

What Maverick Capital, and other short players do not understand fully, is that 34.5% if the FLOAT is SHORT. Free float is 484M shares, and institutional ownership has increased SUBSTANTIALLY. I am aware of a collective effort going on by long hedge funds, money managers, and intitutions across America, Canada, UK, and the world, to slowly accumulate these shares at these price levels. The institutional ownership of this stock is now will north of 80%.

The reason volume has fallen so drastically is very simple: very few are now selling; and, shares are VERY difficult to borrow short with a 10% negative rebate. Here is how the story ends: BlackBerry continues to thrive and and ships a massive amount of devices in Q1. EPS will be over $1.00/share. There will be a massive squeeze in this stock in the coming weeks or months. The term "massive" can't even describe the lasting effects. Maverick Capital, and it's "friends" shorting BBRY will be out of ammo. SEC already has their eye on them and things will not turn out well for them, just as things will not turn out well for Jeff Johnston of Detwiler Fenton. White-collar crimes are punishable with some very strict sentences (10+ yrs if found convicted)

In closing, I'd just like to say, Maverick Capital, it's over. You have lost. You are now cornered by institutional longs. Insolvency is on your doorstep. Criminal charges are at your window.

Read more at The MAJOR short hedge fund on BBRY is MAVERICK CAP - BlackBerry - BB

The MAJOR short hedge fund on BBRY is MAVERICK CAP - BlackBerry - BB
    This is perceived by some as journalism? Yikes.
    05-21-13 10:49 AM
    It's a pot calling a kettle black

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:54 AM
    I'm actually just watching this thread now.
    Why watch it? Hasn't change much in the last three month, which is not good. The big jump up from $6 was based on the potential for future growth which would lead to gains in market price. Sure there is still potential there, but it is looking less and less like BBRY as a company can utilize that potential and turn it into big gains for investors.

BB10 devices aren't being sold with the other premium devices in Walmart, Sams Club or Target. BB10 devices aren't being pushed by Verizon reps, in fact just the opposite - I was asked if I was really sure I wanted to get a BB instead of an iPhone or Note2. Developers aren't jumping on the bandwagon yet... I asked one about an Andorid Apps that I have sideloaded, there is a newer version that doesn't work sideloaded - his reply was he didn't have any plans to support BlackBerry devices.

BBRY talks about the "best" sales they have ever seen... but not about what that really means in number of devices in peoples hands. Samsung and Apple aren't afraid to tout numbers when it servers their purpose.
    05-21-13 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Was it TH?
    05-21-13 11:02 AM
    It's a pot calling a kettle black

Posted via CB10
    But the pot is still correct in that the kettle is indeed black
    05-21-13 11:06 AM
    Yeah, was yahoo. I'm line at Home Depot wondering why that kind of volume with so little movement.

Posted via CB10
    Why are you supporting Home Depot when they won't support BBRY/BB?
    05-21-13 11:07 AM
    Why watch it? Hasn't change much in the last three month, which is not good. The big jump up from $6 was based on the potential for future growth which would lead to gains in market price. Sure there is still potential there, but it is looking less and less like BBRY as a company can utilize that potential and turn it into big gains for investors.

BB10 devices aren't being sold with the other premium devices in Walmart, Sams Club or Target. BB10 devices aren't being pushed by Verizon reps, in fact just the opposite - I was asked if I was really sure I wanted to get a BB instead of an iPhone or Note2. Developers aren't jumping on the bandwagon yet... I asked one about an Andorid Apps that I have sideloaded, there is a newer version that doesn't work sideloaded - his reply was he didn't have any plans to support BlackBerry devices.

BBRY talks about the "best" sales they have ever seen... but not about what that really means in number of devices in peoples hands. Samsung and Apple aren't afraid to tout numbers when it servers their purpose.
    You may be right. I hope not but the next 6 months should tell us something concrete enough to know if we should double down or leave it completely.
    05-21-13 11:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    LuckyJP?
    Shanerredflag and plasmid_boy like this.
    05-21-13 11:12 AM
    Telus is now selling pre owned z10 for 400 off term. I5 is 550 and 4s is 350. That would not be a good sign for the z10

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:13 AM
    A duck!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    This is the only correct answer if you're a Monty Python fan. Totally OT, but I'm going to see John Cleese on his "last time to see me before I die" tour in Sept.

Waiting to see if we drop to $14.50 to pick up some more shares. Missed by a few cents on Friday.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 11:15 AM
    Telus is now selling pre owned z10 for 400 off term. I5 is 550 and 4s is 350. That would not be a good sign for the z10

Posted via CB10
    As long as there's other pre-owned phones to sell I think it's ok but you never know what those short dogs will do to make a story from this.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-21-13 11:16 AM
113,256 ... 10521053105410551056 ...