View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This is just a headfake. It'll finish green today.
    We shall see, SIr! Even if you are green at the end of the day, everyone needs to make their choices and for me and my 5800 shares of RIMM, we are sitting today out to fight another day! I am $15k ahead on my latest purchase and just going to roll around in it for a day!
    01-24-13 08:28 AM
    What I don't understand is that most here were calling to the moon only 2 days ago, and now you're willing to sell. Retails always get burnt. You could have sold at $17.90.

I don't know what your threshold for pain is but you should not be selling here. This just my opinion, but use what's best or you!!!!
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    01-24-13 08:29 AM
    Lets see what the reality of the situation is now that the markets are open.
    01-24-13 08:32 AM
    Huge volume jump at open, wtf.
    01-24-13 08:32 AM
    We shall see, SIr! Even if you are green at the end of the day, everyone needs to make their choices and for me and my 5800 shares of RIMM, we are sitting today out to fight another day! I am $15k ahead on my latest purchase and just going to roll around in it for a day!
    oh ok. Reading your previous post seemed like you were actually selling your shares today. My bad.
    01-24-13 08:37 AM
    i would agree to hold not sell but it's a game buy in low sell higher try and force the market lower to buy low then when it rises again to sell. Not many are in it for the long hall just want small short fast money gains and I can understand that
    Always nice to buy a bit cheaper, and the below is very speculative, but I can afford the risk.

Action: Buy to Open
    Quantity: 20
    Symbol: RIMM C 01FEB13 19.00
    Market: US - U.S.
    Price: $0.35
    Order Date: 24-Jan-2013
    Time: 9:35:08 AM EST
    01-24-13 08:39 AM
    We shall see. Like you I both agree, each to his own. I am way ahead and want to stay that way. There is still plenty of time before BB10 introduction day.
    01-24-13 08:39 AM
    I love seeing that particular slope associated with this stock.
    01-24-13 08:40 AM
    Always nice to buy a bit cheaper, and the below is very speculative, but I can afford the risk.

Action: Buy to Open
    Quantity: 20
    Symbol: RIMM C 01FEB13 19.00
    Market: US - U.S.
    Price: $0.35
    Order Date: 24-Jan-2013
    Time: 9:35:08 AM EST
    You got filled at a really good price. What other calls are you holding?
    01-24-13 08:41 AM
    In war your backup doesn't come right away. They tell you what time they'll be there and until them you fight. This is exactly how this is going to work.
    01-24-13 08:42 AM
    Loving the volume, oh and the northernly direction.
    01-24-13 08:43 AM
    oh ok. Reading your previous post seemed like you were actually selling your shares today. My bad.
    I am glad I did not wait till this am. There is still lots of time and profit to be made at RIMM
    01-24-13 08:43 AM
    In war your backup doesn't come right away. They tell you what time they'll be there and until them you fight. This is exactly how this is going to work.
    01-24-13 08:44 AM
    Peak Apple continues to tank, wonder how many sold there and are coming to RIM?
    01-24-13 08:47 AM
    Almost 10 million shares bought, ok who's kidding who,lol.
    01-24-13 08:49 AM
    I think Apple is in for a dose of humility!
    01-24-13 08:53 AM
    Enter Blackberry 10.
    01-24-13 08:57 AM
    It's about time, their high has gone on for long enough its time for someone else to take over
    01-24-13 08:58 AM
    You got filled at a really good price. What other calls are you holding?
    That's the highest strike i've purchased, and as a weekly for next Friday, it is very risky. Good price yes, great price not really... I waited to long before I placed it, and the price had already reversed... I had to change it twice (there's no way I was going to place it at market). It's still possible it's going to be even cheaper later today, it's likely to be a bit of a bloodbath. I'm not really concerned about that, i'm more concerned with the price when things settle down and it's launch day
    01-24-13 09:02 AM
    It's about time, their high has gone on for long enough its time for someone else to take over
    Apple is always going to be a player, they are just going to have to learn they are no longer the ONLY player.
    01-24-13 09:04 AM
    That's the highest strike i've purchased, and as a weekly for next Friday, it is very risky. Good price yes, great price not really... I waited to long before I placed it, and the price had already reversed... I had to change it twice (there's no way I was going to place it at market). It's still possible it's going to be even cheaper later today, it's likely to be a bit of a bloodbath. I'm not really concerned about that, i'm more concerned with the price when things settle down and it's launch day
    Not too sure how long I will be staying after introduction day. Way too risky for me to be that long.
    01-24-13 09:05 AM
    Thought I would hook up with everyone again just to update the chart so here it is:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-jan-24-2012-chart.jpg

As you can see, we are well within the boundaries of the upward sloping channel, no harm done and nothing exciting happening here. We have support at the 5-dma moving average at $ 16.58/shr and we simply backed down to this level and found plenty of buyers here. We are now looking at filling this mornings gap. For the record, I saw that the stock was going to open below support and bought another block of it right at the opening so thank you sellers for that gem!!!

I see us recovering from the drop created by Apple, nothing has changed for RIMM just because Apple gave poor guidance for the next quarter. The general market is climbing without Apple and that's why I felt it was fine to load up with even more stock here. Look for the stock to regroup here and perhapss test the lower opening around the $ 16.60's (not likely though) as that was a shock to the system. I'm happy with this trade as I always believe in shake outs to get rid of the weak hands. We can rally from here right into the launch.

As for Apple, that is one ugly chart! I'm not sure it can become much worse now other than dropping in the months ahead, in a slow painful way. Congrats to those of you who maintained faith in RIMM and bought some more today, you won't be disappointed.
    01-24-13 09:06 AM
    Awesome. I hold tons of calls some as early as Feb 01 all the way to Jan 2014. You're going to make bank on that call. I wish I had extra cash to throw in today lol. Thing is with RIMM calls that seem to be too far out of the money to be profitable have surprised me time and time again.
    InWithTheNew likes this.
    01-24-13 09:10 AM
    So Apple down around 10%, Nokia down around 8%, and Rim down about 1%...not too bad really. Day could finish positive for Rim while the other stocks get hammered.
    01-24-13 09:22 AM
    Congrats to those of you who maintained faith in RIMM and bought some more today, you won't be disappointed.- Morganplus8
    ______
    Thought that was you doing the big buys.

You seeing a pattern Jan 14/15 to yesterday/today in regards to primed for a run?
    Tinomane and morganplus8 like this.
    01-24-13 09:23 AM
113,256 ... 99100101102103 ...