View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Also, keep in mind that with the new devices, there's actually room for you to buy multiple apps. There's more potential revenue. There's the music and movie store, again, more potential revenue. Those two sources alone will provide more than $4/mth per device (on average) which easily compensates the lack of BIS revenue.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 02-11-13 at 03:00 PM.
    02-11-13 02:47 PM
    Oh no, just when I was hoping for a turn-around...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-outlook-not-good.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original-8-ball.jpg
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-11-13 02:47 PM
    I find this whole noise around HD interesting - throughout the day it's been evolving to look worse and worse for BBRY, but all based on the same original story.

Early reports said it was 10k devices according to an insider at BB.

Later reports have changed this (reports from places that should be reputable). Now it's 100k devices. And it wasn't leaked from an insider, but a leaked internal notice. Then later it wasn't a leaked internal notice, but an "announcement" by Home Depot. As if Home Depot, Inc is going to make a press release for internal technology changes that don't have an outward-facing impact.

It's been picked up, repeated, distorted, amplified... and it's all based on something that could just as easily have been made up. I'm not saying that it has -but the very early reports claimed only an "insider", which could mean nobody at all.

In addition - nobody has mentioned the fact that this is old news, in any coverage. I believe I saw reports of this last summer?
    02-11-13 02:51 PM
    That Cramer vid was a good one... here is another funny one.

bungaboy likes this.
    02-11-13 02:52 PM
    This is simply a repeat of last month when the calls came do...drive it down to save some money (or make some)...then back up she goes.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-11-13 03:07 PM
    02-11-13 03:10 PM
    What exactly does this mean? From my reading, it states that people are betting against BB and only have a limited time to call their shorts before their investments go down... So driving the stock down sooner than later helps them and this is what we are seeing... Not sure if that is a good definition.
    02-11-13 03:13 PM
    Oh no, just when I was hoping for a turn-around...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outlook not good.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	135363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original 8 Ball.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	135364

I have Magic 8 Ball on my Z10! LOL
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    02-11-13 03:13 PM
    I find this whole noise around HD interesting - throughout the day it's been evolving to look worse and worse for BBRY, but all based on the same original story.

Early reports said it was 10k devices according to an insider at BB.

Later reports have changed this (reports from places that should be reputable). Now it's 100k devices. And it wasn't leaked from an insider, but a leaked internal notice. Then later it wasn't a leaked internal notice, but an "announcement" by Home Depot. As if Home Depot, Inc is going to make a press release for internal technology changes that don't have an outward-facing impact.

It's been picked up, repeated, distorted, amplified... and it's all based on something that could just as easily have been made up. I'm not saying that it has -but the very early reports claimed only an "insider", which could mean nobody at all.

In addition - nobody has mentioned the fact that this is old news, in any coverage. I believe I saw reports of this last summer?

As the stock manipulators brag about it...they sell, sell, sell, and then follow up with bad news clips through their media buddies. Then after they've tripped a load of stops they scoop up a bunch of cheap stocks.

What amazes me is that these so-called traders actually brag about doing this on camera and on the internet. There doesn't seem to be much by way of policing this stuff if they able to publicly brag about it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-11-13 03:18 PM
    woah bigger drop than i expected, looks like some shorts finally got out 5.6M difference
    02-11-13 03:26 PM
    "We have over 2,700 unique businesses in North America already registered for our BlackBerry 10 Ready Program," Amy McDowell, a spokeswoman for the company, said. "We are confident that BlackBerry is, and will continue to be, the best solution for corporations managing large smartphone deployments."

BlackBerry shares drop as Home Depot switches to iPhone | Technology | Reuters
    jhill396, bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    02-11-13 03:29 PM
    Short Interest Chart Update.
    Much higher average daily volume, slightly lower short interest as we can see a number of people are covering on the dip.
    Short interest still remains very high, though the volume is so high that short covering can easily be done in a span of 2 days. Possibility of a major short squeeze is slightly lower now and would likely be more moderate.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.png  
    Superfly_FR and BBNation like this.
    02-11-13 03:30 PM
    So a few shorts covered, not a massive move. I am sticking to my story that the price action today was simply a lack of buyers. Don't blame HD, don't blame the lame analysts, don't blame the shorts just no reason for any new money to come into BBRY right now. Volume was 1/2 of the 10 day average. JMHO....
    02-11-13 03:41 PM
    So when's the next launch and where? I know I saw some information on this, but can't locate it right now. Thinking something is available somewhere early next month (March)? Maybe that would spark a new 52 Wk High ($18.32)?
    02-11-13 03:50 PM
    Edited: Doesn't look like too much has changed, only about 1.2%. 26.2% short interest prior vs 25% now which is still incredibly high.

The days to cover is much lower only because volume on BBRY is so active now, compared to prior a few months ago.
    02-11-13 03:53 PM
    So when's the next launch and where? I know I saw some information on this, but can't locate it right now. Thinking something is available somewhere early next month (March)? Maybe that would spark a new 52 Wk High ($18.32)?
    uae (bb is loved there) didnt do anything to the stock why would a different launch help?
    lcjr likes this.
    02-11-13 03:54 PM
    Unlikely - the launch is known and probably "priced in". I'd say to expect more day-to-day crazy swings over the weeks leading up to earnings report. Sit back and enjoy is the stock price gets pushed and pulled over every little rumor...

Short interest of 25% is still VERY high.

The days to cover is much lower only because volume on BBRY is so active now, compared to prior a few months ago.
    Indeed - a few months ago, average volume was around 20 million. More recently BBRY is among the highest volume stocks on NASDAQ. That's not something I'd expect to turn into a new normal. Today's "low" volume of 60mm is more than triple that - and that 20mm volume was during the insane rise from 6 to 14.
    02-11-13 03:56 PM
    uae (bb is loved there) didnt do anything to the stock why would a different launch help?
    I was just thinking more users equals more positive reviews, which could improve Blackberry's standings with the general public and analysts.
    02-11-13 04:10 PM
    The market has not factored in the UAE where blackberry Z10 is selling out which equals more $$$$$$$$$$ for Blackberry. The more places it launches the more sales and the more money
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-11-13 04:17 PM
    For being the day after launch the short interest is still pretty high. Doesn't look like it backed off either considering that the stock is pretty much around the same levels as launch time, but still well above 52wk low.
    02-11-13 04:42 PM
    Don't forget an app store that should bring in money + a music and video store that should also bring them alot of money as well. Its funny how people forget the "little" things
    02-11-13 04:50 PM
    Don't forget an app store that should bring in money + a music and video store that should also bring them alot of money as well. Its funny how people forget the "little" things
    Just like how the WP8 app store stalled after launch. I have a feeling the BlackBerry App Store will stall as well. (yes, I mean BlackBerry App store because I'm talking about the apps specifically)
    02-11-13 04:53 PM
    Meh. Crappy day to trade. Missed the morning bump but recovered by eod. Increased my position by whole 10 shares.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-11-13 05:05 PM
    Meh. Crappy day to trade. Missed the morning bump but recovered by eod. Increased my position by whole 10 shares.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    \

That's the way I saw it too. I increased by 20 shares when it dropped to $15.66 but now I'm tapped out on investing/trading for a bit. I'll probably sell when it goes over $18 because I bought in when it was $12.05. Then when it dipps again I'll have more funds to buy even more shares. But, as I stated before, this is my play money and it came from profit made from previous trading.
    02-11-13 05:09 PM
    Just To be clear - 10000 phones will be switched
    The home-improvement chain will swap out 10,000 BlackBerry models with iPhones, said Stephen Holmes, a spokesman for Atlanta-based Home Depot. The change won�t affect the 60,000 [Motorola] mobile devices used by store employees, he said. Apple Insider, which previously reported Home Depot�s switch to the iPhone, said the move would have no impact on the 60,000 rugged Motorola smartphones used by Home Depot�s store employees. Those devices provide mobile point-of-sale, analytical, walkie-talkie and traditional telephone services.

BlackBerry stock falls as Home Depot ditches its phones | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    02-11-13 05:14 PM
113,256 ... 185186187188189 ...