View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    is BB10 coming out in China? when will that be?

hopefully that can be an impact
    02-08-13 02:31 PM
    Late at night I see all positive articles for bbry on google and it changes during the day. Probably just a coincidence.

There's a long time between now and the earnings report. The India and UAE launches soon. A shorted stock with positive news on it will creep upward but if there's a delay for the US release or something we're all screwed. By delay I mean a real problem, not a non-new story about when was already planned to q10 come out.
    02-08-13 02:46 PM
    is BB10 coming out in China? when will that be?

hopefully that can be an impact
    Read this...

http://www.telecomlead.com/smart-phone/blackberry-10-does-not-support-td-lte-may-disappoint-4g-users-of-airtel-and-reliance-industries-86889/
    02-08-13 02:54 PM
    Didn't realize trading is closed Monday due to the new Family Day holiday... Tuesday we wait!
    02-08-13 03:24 PM
    Drummer_god & BThunderW,

Cool it or get an infraction the choice is yours! You KNOW certain topics should not be discussed here, they just lead to trouble and flaming. You guys know better!
    What happened? Did I miss something?
    02-08-13 03:26 PM
    family day in the states?
    canada is feb 21st, i think.
    02-08-13 03:27 PM
    family day in the states?
    canada is feb 21st, i think.
    Stock Market Trading Hours, Stock Market Hours and Holidays | TMX Group

EDIT: O, my bad... I thought it was this upcoming Monday
    02-08-13 03:28 PM
    Unless we are hitting some sort of time vortex this weekend, we've got another full week ahead. lol
    02-08-13 03:31 PM
    ok, i still don't follow. it lists family day as the 18th.
    this monday is the 11th.
    02-08-13 03:32 PM
    TSX being closed on Feb 18th won't have much impact imo.
    02-08-13 03:33 PM
    Pullback was due to come,I dont think the short squeeze will come before there are solid sales numbers or a beat in earnings, buying some calls for Mar 16th expiry might be the trick here. Luckily, my $RKUS stock had a great day to compensate for $BBRY lacklustre day
    02-08-13 03:42 PM
    What happened? Did I miss something?
    Yeah, it wasn't actually a big deal, imo... A couple of posters just went off on a bit of a tangent discussing creation vs evolution (literally, lol). Mods just swooped in before things got out of hand but it never really got disrespectful. We have a good bunch of guys posting here with great opinions and insight, so it's all good
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    02-08-13 03:44 PM
    Mods just swooped in before things got out of hand but it never really got disrespectful.
    mods swooped in long after the conversation had mutually and respectfully ended and shifted back to stock talk, IMO.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    02-08-13 03:53 PM
    there's the pullback I was looking for. Now the tough part is deciding if it's worth the risk or not!!
    02-08-13 03:57 PM
    Not sure it will have a real impact here ...
    As a comparison 4G networks in France are still in a fetus state. Bosted 3G / Dual Carriers are more likely the dominant technology for the next couple of years.
    2cents (and to be checked more precisely in India the deployment time line, which I don't know).
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-08-13 04:07 PM
    there's the pullback I was looking for. Now the tough part is deciding if it's worth the risk or not!!
    I certainly took advantage of it. Now I'm extremely excited about next week. Going to be a nice weekend now.....
    02-08-13 04:12 PM
    Just to bring things in perspective, and keep our expectations at a reasonable level; this is what happened over the last month ...
    Let's keep this gentle rhythm and all will be fine. No day trading for me; excitement, yes, I surrender ... but at the end ... I'm still approx 50% over my average.
    Many investors could "kill" (image) for that.
    I met someone a few days ago around a glass of Saint Julien 2000 who was stunned when I told him we were back over $16
    It has helped me to remind : we are looooong. Stand still and stay cool !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    02-08-13 04:19 PM
    Not sure it will have a real impact here ...
    As a comparison 4G networks in France are still in a fetus state. Bosted 3G / Dual Carriers are more likely the dominant technology for the next couple of years.
    2cents (and to be checked more precisely in India the deployment time line, which I don't know).
    Yes, however China and India are huge markets...
    02-08-13 04:20 PM
    Hoping it gets to 17+ next week and stays there.
    s0be likes this.
    02-08-13 04:23 PM
    did we start the week at $13?
    i can't remember now.
    if so, a $3.50 gain on the week is pretty darn good, IMO.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-08-13 04:25 PM
    did we start the week at $13?
    i can't remember now.
    if so, a $3.50 gain on the week is pretty darn good, IMO.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    bungaboy and StormieTwo like this.
    02-08-13 04:31 PM
    Yes, however China and India are huge markets...
    Absolutely (China is already bigger than U.S), and strategic ones. But they won't set a huge infrastructure in days, nor weeks, nor months ... maybe year(s).
    In the meantime, many things can happen ... remember we're due 6 devices (mid-ends, for what countries ?) by the end of the year.
    IMHO the article is about current Z10 and Q10, not a definitive statement for the whole BB10 devices range.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-08-13 04:34 PM
    I think it has more to do with perception of good sales. Also, there's a lot of money in UAE (Dubai) so sales could be decent too.
    Do not forget that neighbouring countries and Europe fans also go to Dubai for shopping, overseas gifts, etc..so there will more than local demand..I hope it does well so Monday is green again for bB
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-08-13 04:37 PM
    Ok, see you Monday gang (lol I love to write "gang", don't know why).
    Stay nice and gentle, otherwise daddy's gonna be very angry
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-08-13 04:38 PM
113,256 ... 175176177178179 ...