View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    will we be able to maintain 15 today? it's better if just starts dancing above
    01-16-13 11:45 AM
    It all depends on how deeply they cut into the existing marketshare as well as expand beyond the simple smartphone and tablet marketspace.
    01-16-13 12:48 PM
    Surely, morganplus8 can comment on likelihood of this prediction of mine.
    He has been called the prophet here!
    Hi morganplus8 your fans are looking for an update.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-16-13 12:53 PM
    morganplus8 already said to hold on and expect $17/share by week's end.
    01-16-13 01:12 PM
    morganplus8 already said to hold on and expect $17/share by week's end.
    We are talking about morganplus8 's comments on likelihood of this prediction of mine for 1 year (not just this week's end):
    • I think it'd be $40 by June or July (after June's earning report)
    • and then $75 to $125 by Dec 2013 or Jan 2014.

01-16-13 01:22 PM
    Oh. I didnt realize the comment above me was in regards to your prediction.

How can one make an accurate prediction, when not a single BB10 device has been sold yet? Once we have some idea how it is selling, then predictions can be made past February.
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    01-16-13 01:32 PM
    How can one make an accurate prediction, when not a single BB10 device has been sold yet? Once we have some idea how it is selling, then predictions can be made past February.
    Nostradamus made predictions for events centuries in advance! You can make prediction about anything, anytime. It's the likelihood of them coming true that changes with time. Predictions, by nature, can not be accurate because prediction implies talking about events that haven't yet occurred.
    nukemango likes this.
    01-16-13 01:40 PM
    This is another bouncing ball day.

The last rally that brings the stock above $15 shouldn't commence until about half an hour before close.

So another half hour of letting the market move on its own before the bulls make their next move.
    01-16-13 01:57 PM
    Oh. I didnt realize the comment above me was in regards to your prediction.

They can't.

You can make a prediction based on their current financials as to what the stock should be trading at based on the value of the company. RIM has been trading below that due to speculation that BB10 will fail and now it's now starting to trade at around fair market value. Jumps in stock price from here on will be as a result of news and the nearing of the launch date. On the 18th we should hear news regarding the port-a-thon and that should push the stock up to around 16-17$ if it remains around 15$. That is a prediction with some data to back it up.

However to predict past that and say it's going to be $100 at the year end is too soon and there isn't enough concrete information to make that assumption. No one knows how a product will perform, I am personally optimistic however you always need to be 20% paranoid to keep yourself and your finances in check. Start worrying about the $40, 75$, $100+ when we see the products and people get them in their hands. Until then everyone that invested should set their sights for 20$ if all goes well come Jan 30.
    01-16-13 02:04 PM
    I have seen many companies fail that have advanced products. Some are even light years ahead. Then the technology re introduces later and is properly accepted, minus the company that went out of business and sold their patents. So far as I can see, RIM hits it, but I was talking to several various ppl from various walks of life including educated/uneducated ppl, engineers,farmers, and mechanics. There is alot of negative sentiment. I just take it in stride, their are the followers, then the leaders. I think that ppl will follow RIM's lead on this one. But they really really need to push up the Advertisement on this one. They will not sell phones if all the sales reps for the carriers are negative about blackberry, with that in mind they should send teams out or offer free training to sales reps especially to corporate owned stores. They only got one chance to make it right...
    01-16-13 02:19 PM
    Any minute now.
    01-16-13 02:31 PM
    maybe it will wait for tomorrow morning?
    01-16-13 02:35 PM
    Possible. But I wouldn't discount an end of market rally.
    01-16-13 02:44 PM
    Not today.

Damn wishful thinking.
    01-16-13 02:53 PM
    Not today.

Damn wishful thinking.
    Pretty hot on $14.78 ... last rush. Gimme a sharp 2% raise for today and I'm happy. Solid, again.

edit :$14.74 at the bell. Saw a drop from $14.78 to 14.72 in less than a second. Isn't that a big (single transaction) volume involved ?
    01-16-13 02:56 PM
    This is all good. I think morgan said its not good if it climbs and climbs, a little set back acts as a good stabilizer. What I don't want to happen is what happened at earnings report. $15 for one second then it went down to $12 or $13, that was gut wrenching since I had bought a bunch at $14
    01-16-13 03:30 PM
    It was like a million shares changing hands with mostly selling (or shorting) going on.

Would be nice if the Nasdaq would update current short interest in RIMM.
    01-16-13 03:32 PM
    This is all good. I think morgan said its not good if it climbs and climbs, a little set back acts as a good stabilizer. What I don't want to happen is what happened at earnings report. $15 for one second then it went down to $12 or $13, that was gut wrenching since I had bought a bunch at $14

Don't for get that was all done in AH and PM by fake sellng RIMM shares (shorting RIMM) . The shorts are in an all out panic. Did anyone catch the moron on CNBC today who was screaming that RIMM was going bankrupt and he even LOL I can't believe he is that stupid compared RIMM to Enron. WOW these people would slice their grandmothers open for a dollar. Shorts are on the ropes and they are in a panic. Hold
    Acumenight, BThunderW and spike12 like this.
    01-16-13 03:37 PM
    I am a sucker for beautiful cars and have been keeping most of the old ones too (currently 5). Two of them are sitting in the backyard of my parents' house.
    BAUSS! what do you do for a profession, if you dont mind me asking?
    01-16-13 03:37 PM
    BAUSS! what do you do for a profession, if you dont mind me asking?
    I don't mind, but feel a little awkward. My day profession is scientist and professor. My side job is ceo of a real estate company that I founded during high-school.
    Don't misunderstand that I make a lot of money - I don't.
    01-16-13 03:45 PM
    Talking Numbers: Can RIM's Rally Continue? - CNBC (what a moron. You can see this guys looks very worried and willing to say anything.
    01-16-13 03:49 PM
    The late-day weakness began when this clueless shortseller, Jeff Tamosulo from Belpointe Alternatives, showed up on CNBC and made some baseless comments, and went as far as comparing RIM to Enron and Lehman:

Talking Numbers: Can RIM's Rally Continue? - CNBC

Whoops. Pardon me, it appears this has already been posted.
    01-16-13 03:52 PM
    Hi morganplus8 your fans are looking for an update.
    You guys are killing me!! LOL

Okay, here is the latest chart and my thoughts to go along with it:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-jan-16-2012-chart.jpg

Not too much has changed here, I mentioned in my last chart that support for RIM is currently at $ 14.20/shr and yesterday we almost touched that at the lows. We got some good news today, and news always trumps technicals and so the stock had a great day making new recent highs. We didn't hold onto those gains but it doesn't matter. Sometimes a stock has to approach resistance in order to break above, much like when the bears took it down to $ 11.50/shr last week and lost. We lost at $ 15.20/shr but we chipped away at the distance for a new high, getting ever so close to making it another milestone. Its going to happen and once it does, we are heading much higher here. There is clear sailing all the way to $ 22.50/shr provided we don't try to get there too fast. Yesterdays trade was perfect, it envolved backing up on light volume and taking shares out of weak hands.

You have to know that big buyers don't want to sit at the high for the day and take your stock, they want to buy at the lows too and gain an average over the course of the day. So don't expect the stock to remain firm all day. I personally don't think any shorts have covered, I think they are still holding it back at $ 15.20/shr because that number is the 5-year downtrend line from the 2008 highs. It is a huge thing if RIM can clear this number.

For the record, I sold some naked puts yesterday and did nothing today. I have a very large position in this play and so I'm not the guy that is going to tell you to be negative on the stock!
    01-16-13 04:04 PM
    Peter Misek on CNN:

01-16-13 05:25 PM
    WOW!!!!... Is that the same guy or did RIM kidnap him, make a clone and release it??? I simply cannot believe the change in sentiment from him! Then again, his boss' could have sat him down and told him not to be such a twit and recognize what's going on here so we can all make more money
    01-16-13 05:34 PM
113,250 ... 7273747576 ...