View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    SWIR suddenly got a lot cheaper for BB. They missed on revenues but the numbers are interesting indeed. They are buying back cheap shares starting Feb 9th too. Come on BB, help these people out and take them off the exchange.
    Hi-ho-yo!

Trying to be positive after getting my arse handed to me with my stubbornness of holding this stock. No surprise of the drop, but I am very disappointed on how the market has responded to an otherwise good company, with expected drops in this economy.

I have wanted the BlackBerry and Sierra marriage for some time now, but at these surplus prices, my concern would be that if BlackBerry did buy them out, my chances to recoup funds, would be basically nil.

(sigh!)

Back to sharing the dog house with Fido...

Oh, and on a brighter note; happy birthday man!
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-07-16 at 08:25 PM.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-07-16 12:51 AM

I think this is the origin of iOS spellcheck woes.

Posted on my BlackBerry Vienna via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    02-07-16 06:05 AM
    M8's Birthday? It is also Chinese New Year. Happy birthday man! Wish you health, love, and...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-zhang-ziyi.jpg

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    02-07-16 06:06 AM
    Happy birthday Morgan, I hope the "morning after" is worth last night!

sidhuk, Corbu, La Emperor and 3 others like this.
    02-07-16 08:08 AM
    Happy Birthday Morgan8!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 02-07-16 at 09:08 AM. Reason: fixed image code
    Corbu, sidhuk, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    02-07-16 08:50 AM
    Happy birthday Morgan!
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    02-07-16 09:07 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Happy birthday from sunny Maui Morgan!! ... wishing you a healthy 2016! Thank you for your invaluable and insightful contributions to this site over the years....bpd
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160115_154331.jpg

Posted via CB10
    dusdal, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    02-07-16 01:44 PM
    Happy birthday Morgan. May this be the year of prosperity in finance, but most importantly in health! Can't wait to hear of your final successful surgery and the independence that will come with it.

Truly appreciate everything you share with us, and wish you the best
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    02-07-16 03:12 PM
    Happy belated Birthday M8 ...

Posted via the device I grabbed today.
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    02-07-16 03:18 PM
    Happy Birthday to The Great M8. Always eager to read your posts.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    02-07-16 05:07 PM
    Happy Birthday M8. All the best and wish you nothing but healthy and success in 2016
    02-07-16 06:22 PM
    Happy Birthday Morgan!
    02-07-16 06:34 PM
    Happy Birthday M8!
    02-07-16 06:57 PM
    ... I realized that my first post in a long time was pretty grey, and somewhat OT. Apologies.

An upbeat graph back on topic: short interest down since Feb.1.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160207_182950_edit.png

Nice to see this thread still ticking on at a good clip.
    02-07-16 08:36 PM
    Hi! Not sure if it's just me.. but its not very clear to me what exactly BlackBerry have launched with regards to their IoT vision thus far. Does this mean there will soon become a platform available to the public, that will enable all these end points to be connected & managed securely through their NOC or whatever else they have in place? :-) Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    HI Dimi, yes they've actually pushed really hard in this area. At the moment, they have the full stack and it's available now:

The Neutrino kernel to run the device 24/7/365
    Software Development kits and APIs to authenticate devices, message devices, extract data, etc..
    Certicom device certificate service. (This one is big!)
    Data mining tools
    A NOC that can monitor and control billions of messages moving across the globe privately.
    An IDE for developers to create the software agents, device entities, test harness, etc..

The HBox was the first attempt at a real Blackberry iot device. There will likely be more from the Blackberry Technology Solutions(BTS) team this year.

Microsoft has a similar iot offering. They have the familiar SDK tools, they have Azure!, but the 3 show stoppers for me are:
    - A real lack of board support for Windows 10 compared to QNX
    - Almost no concern for end-to-end security (Get ready for the humuliating hackfest)
    - The OS is not certified for any industry (Medical, automotive...)

Edit: The Azure cloud does partner with Intel, Freescale, Samsung but it's only to connect to it's cloud.
    02-07-16 09:20 PM
    ..and a Happy Birthday to MorganPlus8!
    02-07-16 09:28 PM
    Andriod Passport Please!

Posted via CB10
    Won't happen with a square screen.
    Don't wait for it.
    02-08-16 02:47 AM
    A quick note: I was watching the Rick Mercer Report on TV this week and throughout the show he kept fumbling with his BlackBerry Passport like the good Canadian that he is. Nice to see his show promotes BlackBerry while the show "Grim" can't stop showing Apple products throughout their plot. Have a good weekend, it's my birthday and there are some Dos Equis in the fridge with my name on them! Cheers!

q649, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    02-08-16 03:07 AM
    Happy belated Morgan!

It will be interesting to see what happens after a couple days for the market to digest the layoffs at BlackBerry ... I hope it's part of the refocusing of priorities with hiring in other business units - that would be a positive move.

Best to all ... here's to our BlackBerry and fave biotechs having a good week!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-08-16 05:12 AM
    Its been a while since I've posted... lurking and watching the stock market in general.

Happy Belated birthday Morgan! Best wishes and good health.
    02-08-16 06:34 AM
    I know it's old news, but I still believe that's kind of a failure. I was hoping it would had gained traction..

"Latest news and updates:

08/02/2016: BBM Meetings will go ahead and shut its doors this week.*

According to this article on Blackberry's Knowledge Base website, the service will end on 10 February, this Wednesday."

http://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/22612/...the-passport-2

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 06:56 AM
    WOW! I didn't expect to see anything like this. Thanks to everyone, some of you actually came out from hiding to wish me well ..... all I can say is thank you! I enjoyed some beers over the weekend, spent time with my friends and family and turned it into a two day birthday.

The only present that I wanted this weekend was to see us rally for a few days and shake the bear market for awhile. Over-night, the Asian markets were positive, energy was up, gold down, currencies, less the US dollar, were down, everything was in place for a nice day today. Then North America woke up, they put on their bear costumes and started their ridiculous dance and down we go. So now we need CJ to figure out the bottom this time around, is it the January lows 300 pts from here? It was nice to see AAPL drop at the opening and then pop to the positive side in short order, to me, that brings the whole reason for a sell off to question. It is difficult to see Google and Amazon drop so much lately, Tesla, Netflex, all of those hot stocks of 2015 at getting taken to the woodshed. The only beat-down I wanted to see this week was with Johny Hendricks and my jaw dropped on that one. So let's get back on track here, stop wasting our time telling us the world is ending, only in North America does that story seem to gain traction but we are leaders in the realm of public trading so let's act let leaders for once.

Thanks again everyone and nice pics too! Oh ..... and a special thanks to BigBadWulf and Super_Fly for supporting the massive OT!!
    02-08-16 09:35 AM
    I suppose we're going to test the S&Ps support again today?
    02-08-16 10:59 AM
    Hi-ho-yo!

Trying to be positive after getting my arse handed to me with my stubbornness of holding this stock. No surprise of the drop, but I am very disappointed on how the market has responded to an otherwise good company, with expected drops in this economy.

I have wanted the BlackBerry and Sierra marriage for some time now, but at these surplus prices, my concern would be that if BlackBerry did buy them out, my chances to recoup funds, would be basically nil.

(sigh!)

Back to sharing the dog house with Fido...

Oh, and on a brighter note; happy birthday man!
    Hi guy,

There is nothing I can say that will ease the pain of a trade that has gone bad. I personally really like SWIR, and, we have all felt your pain when it comes to BlackBerry trying to trade for cash. The numbers that hit this Q were light on forecast but in this market, they mean that money sits and no one purchases until we get some stability. They will buy back shares, they aren't going anywhere with profits forecasted for 2016, and they are really cheap in here versus the US dollar.

You have several options, you can average down, you can deploy funds in something else as a hedge, you can assume BBRY stock if they buy the company. I personally would feel fine converting the take-over payment into the company that buys it as a way to see growth indirectly from the benefits of synergy and combined management/products etc..

I don't know what your entry price is but if you still feel the reason for buying it is intact, you can develop some strategy to carry on with the investment. I hold HALO at about $ 10.00/shr today, nothing has changed for me regarding their story, just the price of the stock. The same goes with BBRY, I'm willing to buy more of this one if the general market would behave itself. I see SWIR the same way, it is cheap, no one wants it, the numbers aren't that bad at all just not what analysts wanted to hear, big deal, buy when no one else wants to.

Good luck with your recovery plan, I completely understand why you needed to get this message out there. It is really frustrating to see a company like this slowly drop when they have $ 170 MM dollars in variable expenses. Some simple math here, if BB buys it for $ 14.00 net and you get to roll that money into BBRY at sub $ 7.00/shr, you are very likely to see the equivalent of $ 28.00/shr in SWIR going forward. Hopefully that makes sense to you.
    3MIKE, q649, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    02-08-16 11:09 AM
    Belated Happy Birthday, Morgan!
    02-08-16 12:04 PM
113,256 ... 38253826382738283829 ...