View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey its free to think and dream, so all the power to you. I just want to thank Google for the real time data. I just wished they could actually give me a more precise number count, instead of 10K to 50K. My count stands at 36 units sold.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Agreed. As someone with a large stake in blackberry, I hope I'm wrong and they've sold many more.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    CDM76, 3MIKE and gedob like this.
    11-25-15 08:43 PM
    Out of 50 ATT stores in LA area 45 are out of stock for Priv. Amazon sold out again..
    ShopBlackBerry.ca showing 646 left. Assuming the numbers haven't been bumped up by new stock.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and gedob like this.
    11-25-15 08:50 PM
    Agreed. As someone with a large stake in blackberry, I hope I'm wrong and they've sold many more.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    Hey its always good to expect the worst-case scenario and be surprised. GL

Also everyone has a large stake in BlackBerry from one share to millions.

Last edited by bbjdog; 11-25-15 at 09:25 PM.
    3MIKE likes this.
    11-25-15 08:59 PM

. GL to us all!

Superfly_FR, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    11-25-15 10:19 PM

I have a question but am afraid no one could answer. Currently institutions and insiders hold 80% of total stocks, that left about 20% which is about 1 billion for retail investors. How much percentage do we supporters from this thread hold?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-25-15 10:46 PM
    I have a question but am afraid no one could answer. Currently institutions and insiders hold 80% of total stocks, that left about 20% which is about 1 billion for retail investors. How much percentage do we supporters from this thread hold?

They only own 59% of total stocks, where are your numbers from?

Source: http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/bbry/in...ional-holdings

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 11:01 PM

How do you get 1 billion shares ?
    In a company with a $4 Billion market cap and a $8 sp ???? That math doesn't work for me.

As per the below link there are 525.3 million stocks outstanding. So 20% of that is 105 million shares.

http://www.marketwatch.com/m/quote/bbry

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 01:33 AM
    #PRIV busses being prepped for the holiday rollout throughout America. // https://www.instagram.com/p/-iWiURGrDT/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151126_155613.png

Marketing
    11-26-15 01:57 AM
    Considering it's targeted to a niche in the niche (flagship Android->keyboard lovers), even 100k units would be a great result for the quarter. You should consider this phone has just been released in USA,Canada and UK.. It is not yet listed from any retailer here in Europe (excluding UK). I would be disappointed if it will sell less than 1mil per quarter after the complete rollout and a 100$ price cut (both will happens between Feb-Mar imo..).

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 02:13 AM
    All I can think of is the La Linea cartoon going back and forth with a lawn mower.
    "Je vous parle d'un temps que les moins de vingt ans ne peuvent pas conna�tre ..."
    (Today's exotic language experience X2 ;-) )
    11-26-15 02:46 AM
    Don't know if it was translated. Came across the article and liked it because it was positive about the phone and therefore the company.
    Well it's not positive if it doesn't accurately represent the truth, it can actually be bad for branding

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 03:32 AM
    #PRIV busses being prepped for the holiday rollout throughout America. // https://www.instagram.com/p/-iWiURGrDT/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151126_155613.png 
Views:	2233 
Size:	385.5 KB 
ID:	382134

Marketing
    Wow!!! Now this I like..
    11-26-15 04:44 AM
    Whuups....

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    Corbu, bizzarothor, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    11-26-15 07:01 AM
    They only own 59% of total stocks, where are your numbers from?

Source: http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/bbry/in...ional-holdings

Posted via CB10
    Institutions owns about 60% and company insiders like Chen etc owns another 20%. 20% of total 4.2 market cap is roughly 1 billion dollars. Sorry I was not clear enough. I meant 1 billion $ not shares.

CDM76 likes this.
    11-26-15 07:03 AM
    Out of 50 ATT stores in LA area 45 are out of stock for Priv. Amazon sold out again..
    mbpstar, I'm seeing a very different situation in LA. Been keeping an eye on inventory via the att.com site and have seen pretty much since launch many stores with inventory, talking 15-20+ on a regular basis. Anyone can look up stores with stock, you can use 90036 as the zip code. I'm not saying they are not selling (got mine launch weekend), but want to share that it doesn't look like widespread sellouts from my online checks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-26-15 07:09 AM
    Privalicious

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-7434.jpg  
    rarsen, zlatno, _dimi_ and 11 others like this.
    11-26-15 07:19 AM
    @ Zlatno: where are you located, if I may ask?

You made some really (!) good points. Remember, we all want BlackBerry to succeed. I know that I've been sounding less optimistic, even a tad pessimistic, at times. I just feel like that, with their product portfolio, and the current market trends strongly favoring a business focus on security, we need every aspect of their business to start growing NOW. I've felt like we couldn't have asked for anyone better at the helm with JC. However, if he decides to go another route with hardware, I for one will feel that with the Passport and PRIV, a better (... fill in the blank) could've produced better results in terms of sales. Anyway, we'll read about it soon enough. GL

Posted via CB10
    You may ask. I'm located in Zagreb, Croatia.

Quick recap of my BB(RY) story.
    * long time BlackBerry user.
    * I invested in APPLE 4-5 yrs ago and sold when it doubled. Mistake, yeah but still made money. And it got me interested in tech stocks.
    * Bought shares and options in BB(RY) 3 months before the Z10 release. Told all of my friends to buy and that it will go to $18 in January. They all sold at $18 and I got greedy (maybe since I missed out on a big upside on Apple). Options at the time were worth almost half a million. Options ended up going to 0$.
    * Bought some more options over the following year hoping to recoup my losses. Ugh!!!
    * Moved to Canada for health reasons for my child in summer of 2013 for one school year. My company here suffered for it but I don't regret it.
    * The Heins For Sale sign hurt but at that time I wasn't really following BB(RY) as much. Still had a lot of shares. Lost on all of my options.
    * Was happy with the Chen hire.
    * Came back to Croatia in the summer of 2014. My company was in a nosedive. Lost some big clients. Competition came in while I was away.
    This is why I understand why Chen is 'supposedly taking everything so slow and being too careful'
    I think Chen is doing an AMAZING job. Does he make mistakes? I am sure that he does but who doesn't. Have you seen the iWatch?
    I understand why people are becoming so impatient with BlackBerry, especially the roll-out of the PRIV. If I wasn't going through a restructuring of my own, maybe I would also be posting negative posts. But I am going through a restructuring and it doesn't happen overnight. I wasn't even sure I wanted to restructure. I thought about giving up. I had other options that would have made life easy ... in the short term. But I made a plan and I am sticking to it. We deviate and try different things, but our basic plan is still intact.
    Year 1 - Stop the free fall. Forget about stabilizing revenue, we had to make sure we didn't go bankrupt.
    Year 2 - Yup, stabilize revenue. So far so good.
    Year 3 - Grow revenue without any outrageously added expenses. This is 2016 so ask me next December how it went.

Why am I so optimistic on BB(RY)?

I've been accumulating more BB(RY) shares in the $7 range. Not a lot but as much as I can afford. My breakeven price on the shares are about USD$9. BUT if you add in the losses from the options, it would be the high $30s. I don't know exactly because I don't go over how much I exactly lost. Still hurts and I don't really care about the past unless it can help my future.
    Why am I still buying? Because I listen to Chen and I hear myself, only he's a lot smarter and he's doing this on a much bigger scale. I have never been more optimistic about a stock than BB(RY) at this moment. I am actually thinking about taking out a credit to buy more shares, but then I slap myself back to reality. If the SP goes to where I think it will go, I will be set for life as it is.
    But you wanted to know what I think of the PRIV roll-out, right?
    I am one of those people who thought that BlackBerry would never get out of hardware. There was no reason to. Were they losing money? Yes, but Chen was lowering hardware expenses to the point that ANY device that sold well would push the SP much higher. I didn't even believe Chen when he stated that if they can't make money off of hardware within a year, that he would pull out of hardware. OK, I did believe him but I heard that differently then everyone else. When he said that, I heard : "We will be profitable in hardware within a years time. I don't plan on losing money forever..."
    As for the PRIV roll-out. What do people expect? BlackBerry is no longer able to bully their way into carrier stores and take inventory risks and plan their device launches to perfection. They are fighting for their lives. And I love this mentality.
    1. Carriers decide how much inventory they will stock. They place the orders. Chen is in no position to force feed them PRIV devices and he is also in no position to stock inventory for them. From what I can tell from over here, many carriers have their logos on the devices sold in their retail stores. So if Rogers or AT&T or Bell want more devices, they have to order more. Then they have to wait for production. Then distribution.
    I can't believe that people think that BlackBerry weren't ready for the onslaught of customers wanting to try out the new PRIV.
    2. Marketing - I don't remember ever (EVER) hearing as much about a new BlackBerry devices as I am about the PRIV. AND the devices seem to be selling well, if not selling out. Why do people want BlackBerry to spend on marketing knowing it will not bring in added revenue? How do I know that it will not bring in added revenue? Because like everyone is saying, they are sold out almost everywhere.
    As well, I think part of the exclusive selling period with AT&T, the marketing costs fall into the carriers department.
    Question: Is it better to spend on advertising while only in 4 countries (U.K., U.S.A., Canada and HK), or wait until the PRIV is launched in many more countries, as well as Verizon and T-Mobile??? And don't get me started on advertising in November compared to advertising in December Holiday season.
    3. Controlling expenses - no need to explain.
    4. BlackBerry is in no position to wait for a coordinated launch. We have a product right now that everyone want as well. As soon as we manufacture them, we send it out to the next company on our Purchase Order list. We are not waiting for quantities to fill all retail outlets at once. First ordered, first served. We are not holding stock for anyone. If the retail outlet ordered to little, let them place a new P.O. and wait their turn.
    Rogers, AT&T, Bell, etc... have to wait their turns. And their turn is now after HK, Germany, etc... As for build rates, their is no use in guessing. But I will say this with a comfortable certainty, if the PRIV is really selling well (Demand outstrips Supply), and orders are coming in, then Chen has raised the build rate. No Doubt About It!!!!!!!!!! But these things don't happen overnight. Buy material, book factory space, etc... whatever they have to do.

Now I am just rambling on. Let me get to your main point. You feel that if Chen did something different (better), that the results would be better in terms of sales. Again, sell-outs everywhere. You can't sell more than what you can build. Do you think they should have had more built for the initial run? Maybe they built as many as they could in the time frame that they had. Maybe they built based on P.O.s (I hope so) in which case the carriers failed miserably at projecting sales and are blaming BB(RY). Maybe there were defects and factory callbacks. Maybe Chen was being overly conservative.

MAYBE we have no idea what the situation is. I don't trust the media (except for CB - HAHA). I don't trust analysts. I don't trust fund managers. Who do I trust? I trust that a man who turned around companies in the past and has 13.000.000 reasons for the SP to go up, will get the job done.

I don't normally write posts this long except when I am very optimistic on a stock. My personal opinion is that BB(RY) is very undervalued. I believe that it is undervalued even if the PRIV doesn't excel.

I also believe that if BlackBerry shows hardware sales in excess of 850.000 this Q, (don't edit this SF) then the March results will be the one that we are all waiting for...

I kinda lost track of everything I was writing and the reply box is pretty small. If I repeated myself, LMK and I will edit the post. I am sure that I forgot to write something but you get my meaning. Again, I understand everyone's impatience with the SP, but Heins (not Balsilie/Lazardis) put BlackBerry in a huge hole. It's taking Chen time to climb out of it.
    11-26-15 07:49 AM
    Institutions owns about 60% and company insiders like Chen etc owns another 20%. 20% of total 4.2 market cap is roughly 1 billion dollars. Sorry I was not clear enough. I meant 1 billion $ not shares.

That would be disclosed through institutional AFAIK, do you have a source on his ownership?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 07:59 AM
    Is NYSE closed today and tomorrow? Thanks
    11-26-15 08:43 AM
    Is NYSE closed today and tomorrow? Thanks
    Closed today. Closes at 1:00 PM tomorrow, I believe:
    https://www.nyse.com/markets/hours-calendars#holidays
    11-26-15 08:55 AM
    Green day for BB.TO so far.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    11-26-15 10:21 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving BlackBerry supporters to my south.
    I wish you a happy, safe Holiday

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    11-26-15 10:24 AM
    I am actually thinking about taking out a credit to buy more shares, but then I slap myself back to reality
    I was so afraid by the first part of your sentence !!!
    Glad to read the end, I would not dare to use the same expression against anyone considering this option but hey ... you wrote it perfectly !

P.S : why should I censor 007's boss name ? *nudge* *nudge* *wink* * wink*
    P.P.S : welcome aboard, such a lengthy post gives you access to the "gang" sticker
    11-26-15 11:12 AM
    11-26-15 12:20 PM
    11-26-15 12:28 PM
113,252 ... 37033704370537063707 ...