Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ummm... monetize it!

Posted via CB10
    Easy to throw out a few words in the form of a sentence. The hard part is explaining HOW to monetize it as I believe THAT is what is being asked of you.

Edit: posted this before reading the above exchange of posts. Discussion on this point now over, so please ignore.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 05-27-15 at 03:59 AM.
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    05-26-15 11:01 PM
    Goodness, things seem a bit sour in here. Cheer up folks! The big rallies haven't shown up as we thought they would, but things are hardly dire. Have faith and keep smiling and positive no matter what! Go BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, CDM76 and awindsr like this.
    05-27-15 02:57 AM
    We need to interrupt the regular scheduled content for a brief message:
    GO TAMPA

Attachment 354673

(looking at you Bunga)

Classically Posted.
    7-3 . . . Whoopee!

TAMPA going golfing in a few days!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tampabay-golf.jpg
    Last edited by bungaboy; 05-27-15 at 06:02 AM.
    Shanerredflag and randall2580 like this.
    05-27-15 05:45 AM
    Berryflow write-up on the benefits of a share repurchase program for anyone interested. Most of the info's been covered in this thread already but figured I'd post it for anyone who may have missed the discussion in this thread.

http://berryflow.com/2015/05/key-ben...chase-program/

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible Classic! 
    05-27-15 06:11 AM
    Wow instead of trying to argue and lay into me, think critically. They haven't monetized the ECC patent significantly. Either way, instead of attacking you could have done some more research to make a valid argument or educated me with some information rather than berating me with useless posts. In return, I'll post more information about ECC, which is more useful than any of the posts you chose to post.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news...curity-crisis/

I don't understand the constant attacks and ignorance in these threads. I can see why people are no longer frequenting the forums as much and why BlackBerry users are seen this way. I'll end my discussion here, but I'll point something out, your responses and lack of understanding of anything remotely negative about BlackBerry demonstrate your fanboy-esque attitude which makes you the same as an Apple fanboy.

Posted via CB10

Edit: this post was to be directed towards shanerredflag
    I will only write one thing, you can only charge so much for a service before clients start shopping around. They will use what ever service is cheaper no matter what the consequences are! Look around you and see the security breaches.
    3MIKE, Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    05-27-15 06:16 AM
    05-27-15 07:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Pants.JPG 
Views:	1160 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	354738
    Pissing my pants right now! Thanks for the laugh!
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    05-27-15 07:18 AM
    Ot. But security related.
    http://gizmodo.com/a-simple-text-can...full+(Gizmodo)
    "
    About the latest iPhone Security Vulnerability (self.apple)
    submitted 10 hours ago * by that_c00l_kid
    effective.
    Power
    لُلُصّبُلُلصّبُررً ॣ ॣh ॣ ॣ 冗
    Send that to someone with an iPhone it turns their phone off
    Copy all above the line and text it to another iPhone and it will shut it off.
    I wonder what other things we can control with this, rather than just "power off the device."
    Any ideas?
    Edit 1: you don't need that first line, plus i fixed it
    edit 2: a list of things we discovered so far
    it only seems to work if your phone is not on safe mode it always works
    on a jailbroken phone it shoots you into safe mode...could means that it might be related to a Springboard vulnerability
    it doesn't work if the person you are sending is looking at your texts, they can be anywhere else on their iPhone
    edit 3: something i've noticed, apple changes the api with every new ios, right? maybe it has something to do with that?
    edit 4: what's weird is I'm on iOS 8.1.2 and it crashes my phone as well, so this is not only on the latest OS
    edit 5: we found out what it is. it is due to how the banner notifications process the Unicode text. The banner briefly attempts to present the incoming text and then "gives up" thus the crash creds to /u/sickestdancer98
    edit 6: this also works with WhatsApp (aparently)
    edit 7: Idea We could make an app with this notification called "Respring", make it so it crashes the app so your at your homescreen, and then it sends you a notification with this text and your phone resprings!"
    By. BlackBerry Passport User
    05-27-15 07:20 AM
    Ot. But security related.
    http://gizmodo.com/a-simple-text-can...full+(Gizmodo)
    "
    About the latest iPhone Security Vulnerability (self.apple)
    submitted 10 hours ago * by that_c00l_kid
    effective.
    Power
    لُلُصّبُلُلصّبُررً ॣ ॣh ॣ ॣ 冗
    Send that to someone with an iPhone it turns their phone off
    Copy all above the line and text it to another iPhone and it will shut it off.
    I wonder what other things we can control with this, rather than just "power off the device."
    Any ideas?
    Edit 1: you don't need that first line, plus i fixed it
    edit 2: a list of things we discovered so far
    it only seems to work if your phone is not on safe mode it always works
    on a jailbroken phone it shoots you into safe mode...could means that it might be related to a Springboard vulnerability
    it doesn't work if the person you are sending is looking at your texts, they can be anywhere else on their iPhone
    edit 3: something i've noticed, apple changes the api with every new ios, right? maybe it has something to do with that?
    edit 4: what's weird is I'm on iOS 8.1.2 and it crashes my phone as well, so this is not only on the latest OS
    edit 5: we found out what it is. it is due to how the banner notifications process the Unicode text. The banner briefly attempts to present the incoming text and then "gives up" thus the crash creds to /u/sickestdancer98
    edit 6: this also works with WhatsApp (aparently)
    edit 7: Idea We could make an app with this notification called "Respring", make it so it crashes the app so your at your homescreen, and then it sends you a notification with this text and your phone resprings!"
    Maybe it's an activation code for the NSA ?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-27-15 07:39 AM
    Same issue but from pro iphone site
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/27/86...by-text-string

bungaboy, rarsen, zyben and 1 others like this.
    05-27-15 07:40 AM
    05-27-15 07:48 AM
    Pre-Market OT: HALO

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO) -NasdaqGS
    Pre-Market : 18.28 Up 0.54 (3.04%) 9:11AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Morgan, Sir! Would you care to offer your opinion on this stock and the consistent 52-week high's we've been seeing? I see the RSI will hit 70+ today, but want to continue to be in this as a long term play. I sold my first block @ $16.80 and have been holding the majority of my position since. I still believe this company is going to see substantial future growth based on the success of PEGPH20 and their pipeline, but want to take advantage of the swings and unload some at the top and pickup more when it cools off. What's your play here?
    Corbu, bungaboy, lech31 and 3 others like this.
    05-27-15 08:19 AM
    OT: SPHS (Sorry gang, last time!)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sphs-5.27.15.png

Okay, now I'm out at $1.45. What a ride!
    05-27-15 08:52 AM
    OT: SPHS having a great day too. I know some are holding it here.
    Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    05-27-15 08:53 AM
    Pre-Market OT: HALO

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO) -NasdaqGS
    Pre-Market : 18.28 Up 0.54 (3.04%) 9:11AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Morgan, Sir! Would you care to offer your opinion on this stock and the consistent 52-week high's we've been seeing? I see the RSI will hit 70+ today, but want to continue to be in this as a long term play. I sold my first block @ $16.80 and have been holding the majority of my position since. I still believe this company is going to see substantial future growth based on the success of PEGPH20 and their pipeline, but want to take advantage of the swings and unload some at the top and pickup more when it cools off. What's your play here?
    I'll be quick with HALO, the value of that deal is $ 20 MM or $ .20/shr, don't expect a stock that has climbed from $ 16.00 mid-May to $ 18.00 today to get much more excited about $ .20/shr. Great news though, they can do these deals all Summer too. As for the stock, I love it for the second half of this year.

As for SPHS - we know they are taking it above $ 1.00 to stay, they can make it go much higher with a revised Phase study too.

As for BBRY, I would like to see it turn positive today and find a base here, a little disappointed if it can't see green today. The day is still early of course!
    Mr BBRY, jxnb, vasilisiou and 13 others like this.
    05-27-15 09:03 AM
    The risk tolerance gap in a mobile first world
    By John Sims, President, Global Sales, BlackBerry | 2015-05-26

http://enterpriseinnovation.net/arti...inkId=14514664
    05-27-15 09:25 AM
    Snapchat CEO: Company plans to have IPO | News | Tech | Toronto Sun

Hey everyone , Snapchat is worth 15 billion but blackberry is only worth 5 billion. Think about what i just said
    05-27-15 10:01 AM
    BlackBerry Passport and Fitbit Surge: Productivity over bling
    Summary:There are a number of amazing new smartphones and wearable products, but these devices - and the bells and whistles they deliver - can cause us to lose focus on what's really important to have.

By Matthew Miller for Smartphones and Cell Phones | May 27, 2015 -- 12:47 GMT (05:47 PDT)
    Get the ZDNet Microsoft newsletter now
    Comments

inShare
    red-blackberry-passport.jpg
    There are some amazing phones, check out my top 10 list, and cool wearables available today, but I can't help putting my T-Mobile SIM back into my BlackBerry Passport while connecting it with the Fitbit Surge to maintain my productivity and carry on my tasks for more than a day without worry.
    I'm as guilty as other reviewers when looking at the latest and greatest smartphones in 2015 with a focus on camera performance. It's wonderful to have a fantastic camera at your fingertips, but the camera seems to be dominating too much of the conversation lately.

My BlackBerry Passport, and for that matter most smartphones released in 2014, have cameras good enough for sharing on social networks. People rarely print photos anymore and I honestly will try to get away from emphasizing camera performance as the distinguishing factor on smartphones.

Phones are designed primarily as communication devices and in that regard it is tough to beat the BlackBerry Passport. Whenever I show people what it can do they are instantly impressed, but the general public still seems to focus on the shiniest object. I urge ZDNet readers to take an honest look at their needs and seriously consider the BlackBerry Passport or other BlackBerry 10 devices.

What's Hot on ZDNet

Why SSDs don't perform
    With build 10122, Windows 10 finally starts coming together
    Supercharging your gaming PC
    Wordpress malware: Don't let too-good-to-be-true deals infest your site
    BlackBerry Passport
    A couple of months ago I posted an article about how my BlackBerry Passport continues to serve an important role in my device collection. I actually sold my original black Passport on Swappa and replaced it with a red BlackBerry Passport. While I like the soft touch shell on the black model, I enjoy the distinctive red color with black highlights on this new one.

While the LG G4 will just about get me through a full day, the HTC One M9 and Samsung Galaxy S6 can't make it through one of my days without getting topped off. While these devices have support for fast charging via the Quick Charge 2.0 technology, nothing beats having a phone with a battery that seems to last forever. My 3,450 mAh Passport battery easily gets me through a full day, even lasting longer than my big old iPhone 6 Plus. There's a lot to like in battery peace of mind.

The BlackBerry Passport is a communications powerhouse and I'm still not convinced the rumored strategy of rolling out BlackBerry Hub to iOS and Android is a smart move. Nothing beats the centralized communcations center of BlackBerry Hub and when I am on my Passport everyone knows I won't miss their latest communication.

Since I am an engineer and spend about six hours a day on a PC cranking away on calculations and reports, having the BlackBerry Blend dashboard positioned off on a corner of my second screen means I won't miss email, BBM, text messages, or appointments. No matter which third party service I try on Android (I don't have a Mac to use Handoff), nothing beats the centralized solution of BlackBerry Blend.

Thanks to Amazon, BlackBerry, and Snap, I am not lacking any essential application on my BlackBerry Passport. Shoot, I even have all the games I want on the device to pass time as well.

Fitbit Surge
    Much of my focus here on ZDNet lately has been on the newest, shiniest product, the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch is an excellent wearable, but it is limited to just iPhone owners at this time. There are other wearables that don't distract as much as the Apple Watch while also serving to support improvements in activity while connecting with multiple platforms.

Fitbit is the Kleenex of daily activity trackers and the Fitbit Surge gets better every month. After sideloading Snap and installing the Fitbit Android application, I am able to use about 95% of the Fitbit Surge functionality on the BlackBerry Passport.

The Fitbit Surge lasts me a week, supports GPS navigation without a connected phone, and serves as a fantastic daily activity tracker with a huge network of family and friends that challenge me daily to do better. The Fitbit Surge is comfortable, does a decent job of continuous heart rate monitoring, and supports my running and cycling routines.

It is unlikely that we will ever see a native BlackBerry wearable device, but through Android support we are able to use devices like the Fitbit.

I'm getting a bit tired of the flashy stuff, and am pleased to go back to what just works with the BlackBerry Passport and Fitbit Surge.
    BlackBerry Passport and Fitbit Surge: Productivity over bling | ZDNet
    05-27-15 10:36 AM
    05-27-15 11:06 AM
    Yeah. Sounds about right.

Snapchat is on hundreds of millions of devices across (most) platforms with unique user accounts attached.

BlackBerry sells some phones, though increasingly few, and does a lot of hand-wavy things in the direction of IoT.
    SnapChat has 0 assets, 0 patents, 0 revenue and 0 sustainability.

BlackBerry sells security, access to a network, the best MDM solution available, secure chips, an IoT platform. All of which are linked to $billions in patents, $billions in assets and bring in $hundreds of millions in revenue. ....And it won't turn into a fad and dissapear in three years.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:34 AM
    Hey everyone , Snapchat is worth 15 billion but blackberry is only worth 5 billion. Think about what i just said
    Well, to be fair, Snapchat is pretty popular. That's got to count for something?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-27-15 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Repaired quote tags
    05-27-15 12:07 PM
    Snapchat is a time line of your life to be traced, when ever wanted!
    When will people wake up!

Technology has become the best weapon to keep track of the general public. I am truly getting tired of it and one day, I will unplug, but not my Blackberry passport!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 05-27-15 at 05:32 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    05-27-15 02:05 PM
    Snapchat a time line of your life to be traced, when ever wanted!
    When will people wake up!

Technology has become the best weapon to keep track of the general public. I am truly getting tired of it and one day, I will unplug, but not my Blackberry passport!
    The latest illustration of this:
    How Researchers Could Tell If You?ve Been Laid Off?From Your Cell-Phone Records - Real Time Economics - WSJ
    rarsen, bungaboy, CDM76 and 6 others like this.
    05-27-15 02:11 PM
    My Corbu assistant just keeps out performing Blackberry assistant. It even knows what I want before I ask for it!

Cheers mate and thanks for everything you do!

Now what is the best beer for me?
    kadakn01, rarsen, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    05-27-15 02:19 PM
    Short interest update
    4/30 ---------- 82.7M
    5/15 ---------- 88.7M

Increase of about 6M shares

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 03:10 PM
113,256 ... 33853386338733883389 ...