View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    John Chen said there were 2200 customer wins in the quarter on software. Does here mean BES12? Though they may not be paying customers, I believe this is still an impressive number. But why it seems that no one talks about it? And don't forget HSBC is one of these customers!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:38 AM
    03-29-15 11:34 AM
    John Chen said there were 2200 customer wins in the quarter on software. Does here mean BES12? Though they may not be paying customers, I believe this is still an impressive number. But why it seems that no one talks about it? And don't forget HSBC is one of these customers!

Posted via CB10
    My guess is that talking about it gives critics more opportunity to create FUD.

If they gave the BES12 paid subscriber numbers, it would immediately be compared against the total EZPass numbers and be deemed a failure. Not a timing issue, but a failure. Similar to the BB10 launch. Nokia was given 2 years to grow Windows Phone but BB10 was given 1 weekend.

If they gave a breakdown of which devices are being managed, it would be used as fodder against BB10 devices, so the bears would start roaring louder that devices must go immediately.

Chen has demonstrated that he knows how to control the story, far more than Heins ever did. So until evidence to the contrary starts to appear, I'll assume Chen is managing the story.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:00 PM
    Has anyone used BBM Video/Voice to someone in another country?

It's bloody brilliant, the voice quality is superb. I even got my sister to share her screen so I could troubleshoot an issue she had.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:01 PM

It's bloody brilliant, the voice quality is superb. I even got my sister to share her screen so I could troubleshoot an issue she had.

Posted via CB10
    I did, there was almost no delay even with a bad connection and the video quality was..astonishing for a video-call! Kenya-Italy ;-)

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    03-29-15 05:12 PM
    My guess is that talking about it gives critics more opportunity to create FUD.

If they gave the BES12 paid subscriber numbers, it would immediately be compared against the total EZPass numbers and be deemed a failure. Not a timing issue, but a failure. Similar to the BB10 launch. Nokia was given 2 years to grow Windows Phone but BB10 was given 1 weekend.

If they gave a breakdown of which devices are being managed, it would be used as fodder against BB10 devices, so the bears would start roaring louder that devices must go immediately.

Chen has demonstrated that he knows how to control the story, far more than Heins ever did. So until evidence to the contrary starts to appear, I'll assume Chen is managing the story.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry cannot release numbers because there is other companies involved in sales.
    03-29-15 05:49 PM
    As for BBM Video/Voice, it worked very well from a hotel network in Norway to a large company in Montreal. Another test was from a small network at Tim Horten's doughnut shop in a small town in New-Brunswick with a residential Wi-Fi network in a house in Montreal. Another time from my home Wi-Fi network in Montreal with a colleague on a road in France. In all cases went very well, really amazing and a definite plus.
    03-29-15 06:36 PM
    I did, there was almost no delay even with a bad connection and the video quality was..astonishing for a video-call! Kenya-Italy ;-)

Posted via CB10
    England to Pakistan here! Lol, it definitely surprised me.

The sooner the BBM team bring video call to iOS and Android, the better.
    03-29-15 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely from Canada....with Superfly in Paris in his Chrysler 300 and while he was on vacation in Kenya at the swim up bar..if memory serves me. Bloody brilliant as you say Bilaal.

Also looks like I converted a lawyer mate of mine in Edmonton to get a Passport. He is coming from a Galaxy...said he wished he never left BlackBerry. Wants real keys again.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    morganplus8, Bilaal, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    03-29-15 07:17 PM
    Blackberry cannot release numbers because there is other companies involved in sales.
    ???

They know the number of paid customers by company count and CAL count. Wouldn't matter which company was involved in the sale, because in the end, it all goes through BlackBerry. Or did I miss your point?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:27 PM
    ???

They know the number of paid customers by company count and CAL count. Wouldn't matter which company was involved in the sale, because in the end, it all goes through BlackBerry. Or did I miss your point?

Posted via CB10
    I think he means Salesforce, Samsung, etc. Vendors!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:32 PM
    I think he means Salesforce, Samsung, etc. Vendors!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but once a sale is completed, it would have had to go through BlackBerry for the issuance of the server id number and/or CAL license code.
    03-29-15 07:45 PM
    Yeah, but once a sale is completed, it would have had to go through BlackBerry for the issuance of the server id number and/or CAL license code.
    We really don't know the agreement signed between Blackberry and these companies, for all we know, Samsung could have purchased one millions licenses and so on, the same way they deal with devices. Not activated until the customer activates the license.
    03-29-15 08:07 PM
    We really don't know the agreement signed between Blackberry and these companies, for all we know, Samsung could have purchased one millions licenses and so on, the same way they deal with devices. Not activated until the customer activates the license.
    Sorry man but software partner sales don't work that way.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:28 PM
    Anybody purchased BBM Protected, for non BES users? You can now apparently. Using my Enterprise account but not able to complete the purchase!!

Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-29-15 09:48 PM
    Anybody purchased BBM Protected, for non BES users? You can now apparently. Using my Enterprise account but not able to complete the purchase!!

One of our mutual friend did in oil town. I tried but it won't let me sign in to my BlackBerry log in. Tried to reset password, it never sent me an email. Today, the site was down for maintenance.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    03-29-15 10:21 PM
    Question, but first let me start off by saying I'm a long. Many people compare BlackBerry to that of Apple back in 1998. Where their share in the computer market fell all the way down to 2%, from 40%. So my question is, did AAPL have to deal with people not creating applications for AAPL computers, or were applications pretty universal for computers? I never owned an Apple so I really don't even know the answer to that.
    03-30-15 12:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, sure did, from Montenegro, Croatia, Czech Republic and Germany to Romania.

Bloody good I might say, even converted my sis to drop Whatsapp and install BBM on her HTC

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    Bilaal, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    03-30-15 01:14 AM
    Grabbing some time to have a read of the financials. First interesting thing I wasn't aware of is that BlackBerry has a one year window in which they can elect to redeem them.

Whereas, of course, the holders can redeem anytime up to three days prior to maturity.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150329_233412_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, jxnb, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    03-30-15 01:40 AM
    Also, some were wondering about margin on HW vs SW.

HW for full year was 6.7%

SW and Service for full year was 84.5%

I don't see a similar breakout for sequential quarters.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150329_235844_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    sati01, rarsen, bungaboy and 11 others like this.
    03-30-15 02:03 AM
    Also keep in mind that all the margin is currently being negated by operations expenses and the reported profit is due to an income tax recovery charge.

The only operations charge to shift significantly from Q3 was R&D and from what I've heard that sounds like Chen's next target for savings.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 02:08 AM
    Sorry man but software partner sales don't work that way.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying it works that way, what I'm saying is we don't know how they set up their accounting system or what their agreement is.
    03-30-15 03:57 AM
    As for BBM Video/Voice, it worked very well from a hotel network in Norway to a large company in Montreal. Another test was from a small network at Tim Horten's doughnut shop in a small town in New-Brunswick with a residential Wi-Fi network in a house in Montreal. Another time from my home Wi-Fi network in Montreal with a colleague on a road in France. In all cases went very well, really amazing and a definite plus.
    Hi colleague !
    This was brilliant and I believe another gang colleague (hi Ben !) also enjoyed the countryside at 90 mph on French motorways
    bungaboy, jxnb, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    03-30-15 05:45 AM

Will try to investigate about this; I'll keep you BBM posted
    bungaboy and bigbadben10 like this.
    03-30-15 05:55 AM
    Yeah, sure did, from Montenegro, Croatia, Czech Republic and Germany to Romania.

Bloody good I might say, even converted my sis to drop Whatsapp and install BBM on her HTC

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    Oo, yeah, every family member that I could convince to use BBM still uses WhatsApp, but every now and then, when I need them to send me a picture, I tell them to send it on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Alvin Loh and rarsen like this.
    03-30-15 06:29 AM
113,256 ... 32983299330033013302 ...