View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You got that right, SF! I like the way BBRY traded today. It's not too early to break out the good stuff is it?

Attachment 322481

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    I spy some pretty nice single malt whisky's in the background.
    lcjr, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-22-14 06:51 PM
    Holy cow, that's actually a really nice picture!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-22-14 06:55 PM
    Is that Johnny Walker Blue Label in the background??? Now it's an awesome picture! LOL. Blue Label is soooooo nice.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-22-14 06:59 PM
    Holy cow, that's actually a really nice picture!

Posted via CB10
    Courtesy of my retired Z30. I love finding excuses to pick that thing up. So I grabbed the shot, NFC'ed over to my Passport and boom, the future is now! Lol.

PS - Good detective work, Bunga. I'd be lying if I said I didn't set that up for you guys.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-22-14 07:02 PM
    12-22-14 07:09 PM
    The vultures are circling tonight!

$10.52 low in after-hours trading, -1.5%

-2.25% if on 50% margin

or +1.5 / +2.25 if short

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com

sorry, meant to include http://canadianclub.com/agegate night
    12-22-14 07:09 PM
    I think he may have been talking about both, a dual number and a dual operating system on one phone. That way you could make and receive calls and have all your entertainment apps on the android side of the phone, with its own number. The BlackBerry OS side of the phone could be partitioned off safely with its own number and all the enterprise apps. Two phones in one, no need to carry two phones. Just my thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they'd risk running Android in a partition. Android is an easy hack. And even if it's Android partition that gets hacked, media would be like BlackBerry no longer gold standard of security. BlackBerry hacked. BlackBerry loses its only selling point. And so on.

John Chen would not want that kind of misleading publicity.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-22-14 07:11 PM
    12-22-14 07:15 PM
    Telus Business:

rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-22-14 07:25 PM
    Darn. Upgraded to the leaked 10.3.1 OS for access to blend. Blend is great. Only I forgot that with 10.3.1, the Adobe Air runtime was deprecated. Citrix Receiver is now gone. Oh well. Hopefully Citrix updates their app.
    12-22-14 07:26 PM
    On those comparative ratings...

Sorry to have to quote The Street...

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are climbing after the company on Friday morning reported higher than expected third quarter profits and revenue that came in significantly below analysts' consensus estimate. In notes to investors today, two research firms had widely divergent views on the smartphone maker's outlook.

BULLISH TAKE: In a note to investors today, TD Securities analyst Scott Penner upgraded BlackBerry to Buy from Hold. BlackBerry's revenue miss was entirely caused by lower than expected average selling prices for the company's devices, according to the analyst. However, BlackBerry is transitioning to a software and services provider, Penner believes. It is primarily using its devices to maintain a user base that will buy its software and services, making its device sales "arguably less relevant" to its performance going forward, he stated. BlackBerry is offering "compelling new services," and higher sales of its software and services should cause its profitability to rise, wrote Penner. However, the analyst said that it would not be easy for the company to increase its revenue, and said that he was uncertain as to when the revenue gains would occur. Penner kept a $13 price target on the shares.

BEARISH TAKE: On Friday, BlackBerry CEO John Chen said that it takes six to nine months to convince enterprises to adopt software, Morgan Stanley analyst James Faucette wrote. Meanwhile, BlackBerry has not yet started to try to convince its EZPass license holders to convert to paying customers, Faucette quoted Chen as saying. Under the EZPass program, companies have made free reservations to buy BlackBerry's new software starting on February 1, 2015 , Faucette stated. Chen's comments indicate that BlackBerry's software revenue will not start increasing until the second half of its fiscal 2016, making its goal of generating $500M of software revenue in fiscal 2016 unrealistic, the analyst contended. He kept a $7 price target and Underweight rating on the shares.
    TD Securities, Morgan Stanley Differ On BlackBerry After Mixed Report - TheStreet
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-22-14 07:34 PM
    The vultures are circling tonight!

$10.52 low in after-hours trading, -1.5%

-2.25% if on 50% margin

or +1.5 / +2.25 if short

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com

sorry, meant to include http://canadianclub.com/agegate night
    Gives me a re-entry point sooner than I thought, after making great profits today. Love this stock, made so much money over the past year all on bullish buys and calls.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    12-22-14 10:01 PM
    Hey Guys,

Any projections on the next possible dip below $10.

I've been waiting and doing a bit of research. I'm finally ready to get back into it again!
    12-22-14 10:56 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141222_234235.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141222_234246.pnghttp://instagram.com/p/w1B82_sn_9/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-22-14 11:43 PM
    I don't think they'd risk running Android in a partition. Android is an easy hack. And even if it's Android partition that gets hacked, media would be like BlackBerry no longer gold standard of security. BlackBerry hacked. BlackBerry loses its only selling point. And so on.

John Chen would not want that kind of misleading publicity.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, Lockheed makes more sense now. Co development of secure android and when it gets broken, bbry is in the clear.

Would Canada let Lockheed buy bbry?

Hrmmm....

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:53 PM
    Merry Christmas - Beer thirsty already ?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:11 AM
    Merry Christmas - Beer thirsty already ?

Posted via CB10

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! 🎄🔯
    12-23-14 03:42 AM
    Classic Not The 'blockbuster' That BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Needs
    Opptrends-13 minutes ago
    Analysts do not think that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) Classic is sufficient for bringing the company back to glory, but the Canadian firm counts ...
    Classic Not The ?blockbuster? That BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Needs

BlackBerry Given New C$12.20 Price Target at Scotiabank
    WKRB News-23 minutes ago
    BlackBerry logo Equities researchers at Scotiabank lifted their price target on shares of BlackBerry (TSE:BB) from C$11.70 to C$12.20 in a research report ...

http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/449829...at-scotiabank/

BlackBerry Must Crunch Through Hardware Woes to Leverage Software Center

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12993...re-center.html
    Last edited by Highlander01; 12-23-14 at 05:44 AM.
    Tinomane likes this.
    12-23-14 04:23 AM
    Apologies if this has been shared...
    http://frank-ok.blogspot.ca/2014/12/...en-is.html?m=1

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy, jxnb, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    12-23-14 06:11 AM
    Classic Not The 'blockbuster' That BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Needs
    Opptrends-13 minutes ago
    Analysts do not think that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) Classic is sufficient for bringing the company back to glory, but the Canadian firm counts ...
    Classic Not The ?blockbuster? That BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Needs

BlackBerry Given New C$12.20 Price Target at Scotiabank
    WKRB News-23 minutes ago
    BlackBerry logo Equities researchers at Scotiabank lifted their price target on shares of BlackBerry (TSE:BB) from C$11.70 to C$12.20 in a research report ...

http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/449829...at-scotiabank/

BlackBerry Must Crunch Through Hardware Woes to Leverage Software Center

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12993...re-center.html
    BlackBerry doesn't need a blockbuster. Why doesn't the media anchor the conversation to what the company is doing?

RC Cola not expected to displace Coke!

Ya, shock of the century.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:42 AM
    BlackBerry Rio 'Z20' First Look | N4BB

Im a little confused at this smart phone ? is this not basically a z30?
    rarsen likes this.
    12-23-14 07:05 AM

Not even, it's a larger Z10.

Designed and built for a price point that enterprises would buy, by the pallet

It's also a step up from the Z3, to give emerging countries an upgrade where BlackBerry still focuses a bit more on consumer.

....dunno, makes a lot of sense to me.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-23-14 07:15 AM

wow, it really is close, but these are unconfirmed specs. It does looks more like a mid tier phone. I'm sure JC has a plan.
    12-23-14 07:23 AM
    Not even, it's a larger Z10.

Designed and built for a price point that enterprises would buy, by the pallet

It's also a step up from the Z3, to give emerging countries an upgrade where BlackBerry still focuses a bit more on consumer.

....dunno, makes a lot of sense to me.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    What I'm trying to say is between the z10 and z30 why does this phone need to exist ?

you say "Designed and built for a price point that enterprises would buy, by the pallet " umm the z30 is priced at a pretty good price atm for enterprises too buy it by the pallet
    12-23-14 07:25 AM
    wow, it really is close, but these are unconfirmed specs. It does looks more like a mid tier phone. I'm sure JC has a plan.
    Im sure he has a plan but just a first sight im like ummmmmmm ok why do we need this device
    12-23-14 07:32 AM
113,256 ... 30713072307330743075 ...