View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Futures up and overseas indices up, however, BB trading down a little in Germany, hopeful for a year end rally!

World Markets For Mobile | Financial Quotes

BLACKBERRY LTD (RI1:Frankfurt): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek

Currency Calculator (Euro, US Dollar) - X-Rates

Interesting! Chen announced that together with Boeing, they would be creating a phone designed for the US Defense and Homeland Security personnel that would be able to self-destruct, thus ultimately protecting the data kept on the device from falling into the wrong hands. With this move, it certainly looks like BlackBerry could slowly be working their way back into the graces of the government which has since turned to devices from Apple and those running on Android as alternatives. BlackBerry And Boeing Team Up For Self-Destructing Phone | Ubergizmo

BlackBerry Revenue Miss Overshadows Turnaround Progress ... great video > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...?alcmpid=gtech
    Last edited by Highlander01; 12-22-14 at 05:12 AM.
    12-22-14 04:49 AM
    Blue Christmas:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b5aolwvigae1d2n.png

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    12-22-14 04:57 AM
    Run the gamut :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b5ci5wyiuailb7m.png

12-22-14 05:07 AM
    Run the gamut :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5cI5WyIUAIlb7M.png 
Views:	1233 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	322379

RED?
    12-22-14 05:15 AM
    RED?
    No red for you (he says in the soup guy from Seinfeld voice). Lol

bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-22-14 05:22 AM
    12-22-14 05:52 AM
    OT...kinda sorta, appears Samsung is canceling Chat On, that didn't last long:
    http://jdem.cz/brchd8

bungaboy, cjcampbell, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    12-22-14 06:01 AM
    One more:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b5cn03kiuaaic9j.jpg

12-22-14 06:03 AM
    One more:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5cN03KIUAAIC9J.jpg 
Views:	1058 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	322386

Mine!
    12-22-14 06:11 AM
    Specs (unconfirmed) for the next budget all touch:
    http://www.bbin.in/2014/12/blackberr...pecifications/

Last edited by Shanerredflag; 12-22-14 at 06:52 AM.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-22-14 06:16 AM
    Shane, try another link please. Thanks.
    Here ya go...
    http://www.bbin.in/2014/12/blackberr...pecifications/

bungaboy likes this.
    12-22-14 06:47 AM
    Just send me a Christmas card

bungaboy, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    12-22-14 06:47 AM
    Just send me a Christmas card

Shanerredflag and Corbu like this.
    12-22-14 06:53 AM
    According to one tweet, BBRY has been upgraded to BUY from TD Securities.

Also, does anyone think 'maybe' now that Samsung has dropped ChatON, there's room for BBM to be pre-loaded on Samsung devices?
    12-22-14 06:58 AM

Also, does anyone think 'maybe' now that Samsung has dropped ChatON, there's room for BBM to be pre-loaded on Samsung devices?
    I believe you are correct, sir.

Breaking News - The Fly

Let's see how many other analysts start to "get it".
    12-22-14 07:02 AM

That's what I'm thinking...at least on corporate Sammy's. Which means more bundle revs, exposure and thus, sales.

12-22-14 07:03 AM
    OT:

Well, maybe not, in the long term...

The Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Co. Ltd. and the government of South Korea said Monday that the nuclear power plant operator has been hacked. “Non-critical” data was stolen and there is no risk to the country’s nuclear installations, said the government, which technically is at war with North Korea, blamed for the cyberattack on SONY 6758.TO +0.94% Pictures Entertainment.

“A compromise of nuclear reactors’ safety pretty clearly means there is a gaping hole in national security,” nuclear reactor designer Suh Kune-yull of Seoul National University told Reuters.

This attack, following a hack on German iron plant, underscores the need to tighten security of industrial control systems that guard critical infrastructure around the world. As CIO Journal has stressed, the FBI and the NSA have found these systems to be vulnerable. Intelligence agencies should start sharing more of the technology that is used to guard high-level defense assets. The government can’t fix the problem alone. It must leverage the expertise of the tech sector and the venture capital community to accelerate innovation in cybersecurity.
    The Morning Download: Korea Nuclear Hack Reflects ?Gaping Hole? in Security - The CIO Report - WSJ

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30575104

This stuff is getting scary. Wait for the first power grid takedowns and people will wake up to the need for security.
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-22-14 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Added BBC link + comment
    Mr BBRY, jxnb, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    12-22-14 07:28 AM

Drake's account.
    154,000 likes.
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-22-14 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Added details
    12-22-14 07:43 AM
    [QUOTE=Bilaal;11185871]According to one tweet, BBRY has been upgraded to BUY from TD Securities.

Also, does anyone think 'maybe' now that Samsung has dropped ChatON, there's room for BBM to be pre
    12-22-14 07:49 AM

Nice ! TD is stating $13 target (at the moment)

The preloaded BBM would be amazing if it does come true.

BBRY was up in premarket trading too. Hopefully this is the new trend.

Like the TD statement, people are starting to bank on the new revenue possibilities from all the newly created software services.
    12-22-14 07:59 AM
    OT...or is it??
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-DGB-39524

bungaboy likes this.
    12-22-14 08:25 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b5d1_poieaaaa4m_edit.jpg

12-22-14 08:29 AM
    Thanks!

It certainly isn't to me. I posted the original BBC link the other day. Funny how these stories concerning Aplle get no traction at all in the media. Eventhough the subject matter should be of interest to their "typical" users who often claim to be claim to be so socially aware.

For the record, Apple was "deeply offended" by the report. I suggest we pool our resources together to buy them a box of Kleenex for Christmas.

BBC News - Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC investigation
    12-22-14 08:35 AM
    Thanks!

It certainly isn't to me. I posted the original BBC link the other day. Funny how these stories concerning Aplle get no traction at all in the media. Eventhough the subject matter should be of interest to their "typical" users who often claim to be claim to be so socially aware.

For the record, Apple was "deeply offended" by the report. I suggest we pool our resources together to buy them a box of Kleenex for Christmas.

BBC News - Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC investigation
    Sorry Corbu...missed that one from you.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-22-14 08:40 AM
    Nice to see the tone of articles changing.
    Reading material for Monday.

Today's analyst upgrades and downgrades (RTGAM)

LUKE KAWA

Following BlackBerry Ltd. �s latest quarterly results, Raymond James affirmed that the company�s �financial viability is not in doubt� in the near term.

While phase one of chief executive officer John Chen�s turnaround plan � to cut costs and shore up the balance sheet � has been successful, attention now shifts to whether the once-dominant tech company will be able to sufficiently boost mobile device management and value-added services revenues to offset the continued decline in revenues generated from service access fees.

Analyst Steven Li said the firm is �lacking proof points� on this front, and notes that even a highly optimistic outcome for the company�s EZ pass business would still leave the firm with much work to do to achieve its software revenue goal in the year ahead.

�Assuming 100 per cent paid conversions, we estimate these EZ pass licenses could generate around $140-million of software revenues in F2016 (assuming 20 per cent select gold subscriptions),� said Mr. Li. �This would imply BBRY still needs to sell ~$100-million of value added services to meet their target of doubling software revenue year-over-year.�

The analyst bumped up his price target to $11 (U.S.) from $10.50 and maintained a �market perform� rating on the stock.

Separately, BlackBerry was raised to �buy� from �hold� at TD Securities by equity analyst Scott Penner. His 12-month target price is $13.00 per share.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-22-14 08:43 AM
113,252 ... 30673068306930703071 ...