View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyhooooooooooo! I guess stock is going to move sideways or trend down until next ER now. Revenue miss has given enough ammunition to shorts to dampen the end-of-year rally we had been expecting.
    Be patient ... "the biggest the take ..." (I whish I could find this Up in smoke video abstract lol)
    12-20-14 01:14 PM
    Thought I would post a simple chart for BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-dec-20-2014.png

It's a very simple chart that shows the 52-week high followed by the next best high and where we are today. We just need to close above the 50-dma at $ 10.27/shr/US in order to start the next rally here. I think we are heading up here to new highs in the weeks ahead. The news on Friday wasn't that bad, analysts will have to move those Passport handset revenues into Q4 and if they were profitable without them this Q .....................

OT ALERT!!

I thought I would also throw in a HALO chart as good things are happening there too:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-dec-20-2014.png

In the case of HALO, it moved slightly downward for the past 6 months while trading within a well defined (green) channel. We were right at the bottom of that channel again, with the RSI=30 and ready for a TA pop when the good news started coming in. We immediately rallied from $ 7.50 - $ 10.00 in those 4 days. There is a blue line that shows us an extreme resistance line but the just of it is that we need to breakout of this channel at $ 9.75 and clear those previous highs in the $ 10.25 - $ 10.30 area and we are free to rally hard at that point. The Biotech Indexes are at lifetime highs so everything is a go for that long awaited rally.

I'm looking for all stocks to do well in the weeks ahead! GL

HALO - their JNJ deal paid them $ 15 MM up front and a package of $ 566 MM plus royalties! I think they can sign several more of these contracts with many of the mega pharmas out there. Imagine how long it took to finalize that agreement? They can knock them off in a matter of weeks now and that's 1/2 billion bucks each. Only MNKD holds a larger contract but they have to spend most of that money on manufacturing facilities. HALO keeps every cent of the funds from it's Enhanze franchises. Not many can do this kind of contract with any and all IV drug programs!
    12-20-14 02:45 PM
    Lots of devices here.

"Ocean Capital Investment and its subsidiaries (related to Canada's prominent Irving family) have decided to move to BlackBerry's BES12 MDM solution, displacing MobileIron (NASDAQ:MOBL), and swap out their iOS devices for BlackBerry Classic smartphones."

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:01 PM
    Sorry I copied that post but that's great news.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-20-14 03:03 PM
    Lots of devices here.

"Ocean Capital Investment and its subsidiaries (related to Canada's prominent Irving family) have decided to move to BlackBerry's BES12 MDM solution, displacing MobileIron (NASDAQ:MOBL), and swap out their iOS devices for BlackBerry Classic smartphones."

Irving Empire
    Companies

J.D. Irving Ltd
    J.D. Irving Ltd. (holding company)
    Irving Forest Products & Services
    Irving Pulp & Paper Ltd.
    Irving Paper Ltd.
    Irving Tissue Co. Ltd.
    Lake Utopia Paper
    Irving Sawmill Division
    Irving Woodlands Division
    Irving Transportation Services
    New Brunswick Railway Co. Ltd.
    New Brunswick Southern Railway Co. Ltd.
    Eastern Maine Railway Co. Ltd.
    Maine Northern Railway Co. Ltd.
    Midland Transport
    Midland Courier
    RST Industries
    Sunbury Transport
    Atlantic Towing
    Kent Line
    JDI Logistics
    Harbour Development
    Irving Shipbuilding & Fabrication Services
    Saint John Shipbuilding
    Halifax Shipyard
    East Isle Shipyard
    Shelburne Ship Repair
    Woodside Industries
    Fleetway Services
    Irving Retail & Distribution Services
    Chandler
    Kent Building Supplies
    Kent Homes
    Universal Truck & Trailer
    Shamrock Truss
    Cavendish Agri Services
    Irving Consumer Products
    Irving Tissue (Royale, Majesta, Scotties, private labels)
    Irving Personal Care (diapers, training pants)
    Cavendish Produce (fresh vegetables)
    Cavendish Farms (frozen potato processing)
    Indian River Farms
    Riverdale Foods
    Master Packaging
    Industrial Equipment & Construction
    Atlantic Wallboard
    Irving Wallboard
    Gulf Operators
    Irving Equipment (crane rental, heavy lifting, specialized transportation, pile driving and project management services)
    Commercial Equipment Stores
    Specialty Printing
    Plasticraft
    Personnel Services
    Protrans Personnel Services Inc.
    Security Services
    Industrial Security Inc.
    Professional Sports
    Moncton Wildcats
    Brunswick News
    Telegraph-Journal (Saint John NB)
    Times & Transcript (Moncton NB)
    The Daily Gleaner (Fredericton NB)
    The Tribune (Campbellton NB)
    La Voix du Restigouche (Campbellton NB)
    The Bugle-Observer (Woodstock NB)
    Le Journal Madawaska (Edmundston NB)
    L'�toile (various editions)
    �dition provinciale
    �dition La Cataracte (Grand Falls NB)
    �dition Chaleur (Bathurst NB)
    �dition Dieppe (Dieppe NB)
    �dition Kent (Bouctouche NB)
    �dition P�ninsule (Shippagan NB)
    �dition R�publique (Edmundston NB)
    �dition Restigouche (Campbellton NB)
    �dition Sh�diac (Shediac NB)
    Kings County Record (Sussex NB)
    Miramichi Leader (Miramichi NB)
    The Northern Light (Bathurst NB)
    Here (Saint John NB, Moncton NB, Fredericton NB)
    Former subsidiaries
    Acadian Lines Ltd
    SMT (Eastern) Ltd. Bus Lines
    Irving Industrial Rentals
    Lexi-Tech
    Xwave
    Hawk Communications
    Steel and Engine Products Ltd
    Scot Truck
    CHSJ-TV
    CIHF-TV

Fort Reliance Company Ltd
    Fort Reliance Company Ltd. (holding company)
    Irving Oil Irving Refinery
    Irving Energy Services Ltd. (home heating fuel)
    Irving Energy Distribution and Marketing
    Irving Propane (formerly named Atlantic Speedy Propane)
    Irving Aviation (supplier of aviation fuel)
    Portage Energy Limited
    Override
    Canaport (deepwater ultra large crude carrier terminal)
    Canaport LNG (25% partner in deepwater liquified natural gas terminal, 75% held by Repsol YPF)
    Coastal Blending & Packaging (automotive & commercial vehicle lubricants and degreasers) Irving Lubricants

Cobalt Properties (real estate company)

OSCO Group
    OSCO Construction Group Steel Ocean Steel Ltd. (structural steel)
    Allstar Rebar
    York Steel

Concrete Strescon Ltd. (prestressed cast concrete)
    Borcherdt Concrete
    OSCO Concrete

Construction (commercial, institutional and industrial construction) Marque Construction

Acadia Broadcasting Limited
    Acadia Broadcasting Ltd. (formerly New Brunswick Broadcasting Company)
    CKBW-FM, CJHK-FM (Bridgewater NS)
    CHSJ-FM, CHWV-FM (Saint John NB)
    CHTD-FM (St. Stephen NB)
    Northwoods Broadcasting Ltd.
    CKDR-FM (Dryden ON)
    CFOB-FM (Fort Frances ON)
    CJRL-FM (Kenora ON)
    CKTG-FM, CJUK-FM (Thunder Bay ON)
    This obviously is not bad news, but let's perhaps not get ourselves too excited about device sales again. Until people can actually walk into most shops and purchase a BlackBerry, sales are not going to be good at all.

Christmas season is in full swing here in London, and the major retailers/carriers are still telling people that BlackBerrys have been 'discontinued'. That list is great, and probably makes up a few thousand phones, but the consumer market is still the big fat smelly elephant sitting on BlackBerry's chest.

Hopefully 2015 will see some good marketing and strategy decisions in this area, taking the last and most telling resistance off the brand. The sold out stuff signifies nothing, unfortunately, and though these announcements of companies switching are absolutely brilliant (and they most definitely are good news) BB still have a lot of work to do to figure out how to sell phones to the public again. The Z30 marketing campaign (at least in the UK) that never actually happened was centred the idea of 'a work horse turning into a race horse' (yes, that's true) . Let's hope we are past the dad-joke marketing tactics and BlackBerry can very soon rejoin the rest of the mobile phone world and have their products sitting in shops for people to buy them.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:28 PM
    I don't think they'll stop at smartphones, Boeing being a military contractor et al. There could be something deeper as Chen was being coy during the ER.
    John Chen is a sneaky little ????? (wont finish that sentence, don't want to call the master of turn around that name). While he announced that part of the news, he looked like a mad scientist rubbing his hands together. One thing I noticed was that John Chen has been using the eye five countries a lot lately. Possible that BES12 might be used to manage all those devices (Black phone), maybe, but this is only speculation.

Thanks for sharing that story about your friend!
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    12-20-14 03:37 PM
    I have no idea why the whipsaw on Friday.

The downside I understand, but man alive to see BB rally strong higher to the close ... what was that all about.

Granted, I'll take it, but still in shock.

Comments from those wiser than I?

It will be interesting to see where BB goes next week and 2015 early, gather to the upside hopefully, but how high.

BB priority must be for massive large increase in phone sales, no more sideways / down tick ... we have had enough of this.

We need to see BB increase their sales of products and services ... fast!!!

Enough of the "feel good stories" that come out every few weeks that we are all familiar with as these do not put money in the bank, they just keep the analysts and investors hanging on ... we need sale increases, large ones!!!

Here is another "story" Boeing, BlackBerry working together on self-destructing smartphone - SlashGear Yes, it is nice, but come on, this is not high volume business, just like the stories of months ago about gold plated BlackBerries, good grief!!!

Check out the last line of this article, which I read after writing this post "The arrangement should be good for BlackBerry though, as the company continues to lose relevancy in the consumer smartphone market, the smart choice is to focus on its remaining strengths, such as security and enterprise." ... this is exactly my point!!!

BB has lost so much ground over the past few years and confidence in the market. I think BB needs to get back to basics and stop the "story of the week" re teacher's investing, gov't financing the likes of Vodafone, etc. Yes, I know BB is trying, but this ain't good enough. Even their dealer base is pathetic at selling the product based upon my experiences when inquiring in Canada and USA travels. Why is this? Chen should be asking the same questions, which I am sure he is and reacting accordingly, would be nice too if he told the shareholders what he is being told.

BB makes a great product, however, is the retro qwerty board going to be enough to get a larger share of the market than what they have now? This is their last card that they have to play imho. The rest imho means much of nothing other than window dressing imho, granted there is some merit, but not enough to rally the very strong sales, profits, market share. Enough of the flat line / negative results.

Sorry, if this comes across as a rant, but after yesterday's Q report and Q&A session, which were both negative imho other than to see the rally at the close on Friday on the share price, which quite frankly I strongly believe had more so to do with option expiry than BB benefits alone ... however, a rant it is, take it for what it is worth. Rest assured I want to see BB succeed, but they have to step in up a huge notch ... we are in the last inning imho re 2015, sick and tired of Chen advising next year, next year, etc., etc., etc. The proof is in the sales and profits, etc. NOW!

Coincidentally, a family member bought the Samsung Note 4 yesterday! Eee gad!!! Why not a BlackBerry product!!!

Chen needs to sell, sell, sell .... not the company .... the products and services!!! There will be no buyer for the company otherwise imho.

Ok, back to regular programing, all the best everyone, just had to get this off my chest. No doubt many others of you feel the same.

Bring on Monday, let's see what happens, higher highs please!

Great chart and read at BlackBerry Limited Stock Quote - The Globe and Mail

By the way I never heard Chen discuss the success or not of his massive rebates he was giving consumers to buy this products. What are the results on this. I asked the local kiosk Verizon dealer last night, they had none. Hopefully many others have, many others! Yes, it sure would be nice if Chen were more transparent and had high sales results as is McDonald's ... "Billions served" ;-)

GLTA and enjoy your weekend, looking forward to Monday, hopefully more so to the upside.
    Why are you fixated on the handsets? Those days are over.

This is reminiscent of the journalists who have been out of touch with what the company is doing and STILL trying to directly correlate their smartphone specs/offerings with the company profile.

BlackBerry should no longer be thought of as a just a qwerty mobile phone maker.

They are a wireless company, providing software solutions primarily. Be it Security services, the way cars communicate, IoT, the method of communication between people with BBM, or groups of people with BBM meetings, virtual Sims, voice/data encryption, etc. ...

The theme this past year has been to focus on services for enterprise, create new revenue streams revolving around software and services.

The handsets is no longer the top priority or the only opportunity ,imo, and currently just serves as an entry point to some of the services they are creating with enterprise.

This is what the market is going to be focusing more on as we move onto 2015.

What they are proving now is that they can make handsets at a profit(finally). Not to sell the most.

And right now, handsets happen to make up a big part of their revenues....but going forward, it will be a VERY small portion in comparison to their other products.

I agree that sales have to come fast, but during this transition phase, don't see the big sales gaining traction until mid 2015.

The beauty in software and services, is that it would be MUCH cheaper to 'manufacturer / maintain' and very scalable.
    12-20-14 03:49 PM
    This obviously is not bad news, but let's perhaps not get ourselves too excited about device sales again. Until people can actually walk into most shops and purchase a BlackBerry, sales are not going to be good at all. . . .

Posted via CB10
    Always in the negative vein?

How much do you know about the Irving business and how they operate? Please tell us.

I happen to live where they like to play and know how they operate.

You think Corporate users are going to walk into a quaint little shop in Soho and buy their corporate supply of phones?

Are you familiar with a former bloke here called BBUK14?
    rarsen, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    12-20-14 04:20 PM
    http://jdem.cz/brcaw3
    A decently positive initial response to the Classic.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-20-14 05:09 PM
    You think Corporate users are going to walk into a quaint little shop in Soho and buy their corporate supply of phones?
    I like this^

If you bump into one of them (Irving's) tell them we are thankful.
    One more thing, classic out of stock at Amazon (information only!).
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-20-14 05:13 PM
    OT: If my brown loafers offended anyone . . .

rarsen, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    12-20-14 06:13 PM
    OT: If my brown loafers offended anyone . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9u0EL_u4nvw
    That's funny!

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-20-14 06:45 PM
    Or he suspected shorts mole inside reporting device sale. So he changed the reporting method to keep them guessing for ever what he has actually sold when it came to passport and future classic and what he will actually report. All these are speculations. But reading his style, facial expressions and what he kept hidden on the books and what he reported, he is the perfect match for shorts. No matter how negative I think of his style, he comes out winner at the end. And I have played devils advocate. His style, even though seems very cold cut honest but it is scary because his system is working. And that should scare any one who bets against him.
    Excellent point, sidhuk. I am in complete agreement rearding JC's style. Not only insofar as dealing with shorts is concerned but also in his dealings with the media in general and - I am sure - with the board members, CEOs and CIOs he meets. He is at once relaxed, understated, cunning and shrewd. He also generally tells us what he is going to do... and does it! In summary, a poker player that I would have on my team any day. A very good man for the job, if you ask me. Not every captain is adept at changing a ships' course while navigating between the icebergs...
    12-20-14 06:55 PM
    12-20-14 07:24 PM
    Good one! Looks like that fashion police missed that show.
    sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    12-20-14 07:31 PM
    See you and raise you a fashion conscious Mr. Richards.

Highlander01 and La Emperor like this.
    12-20-14 07:43 PM
    OT: This fine Lady would have sold a lot more phones/services that Alicia Keys!

Highlander01, jxnb and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-20-14 07:49 PM
    As someone posted earlier from the UK ... BB blunder was not having stock for Christmas ... what the hell was that all about?
    Christmas is when retailers make the 80% of their annual profits!
    No BB's in stockings this year ... maybe next year? ... Lets hope so, more so before then!!!
    Someone screwed up on BB's marketing team by not having stock, so sick and tired of this nonsense.
    What is with BB supplying to order, this is so lame.
    Build it, inventory it and they shall come!!!
    Bring on Monday, up, up and away!
    12-20-14 08:10 PM
    As someone posted earlier from the UK ... BB blunder was not having stock for Christmas ... what the hell was that all about?
    Christmas is when retailers make the 80% of their annual profits!
    No BB's in stockings this year ... maybe next year? ... Lets hope so, more so before then!!!
    Someone screwed up on BB's marketing team by not having stock, so sick and tired of this nonsense.
    Didn't you listen to Chen?

He said he couldn't get it built in time! And he took responsibility for it.
    12-20-14 08:13 PM
    Always in the negative vein?

How much do you know about the Irving business and how they operate? Please tell us.

I happen to live where they like to play and know how they operate.

Are you familiar with a former bloke here called BBUK14?
    I'm sure Miss beautiful legs would have sold more phones but what about Benjamin TheDonkey, I think he is taking about Mr and Mrs every day who want to buy phones through carriers in the states and can't buy them cause they don't sell them !! Correct me if I'm wrong.

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-20-14 08:29 PM
    See you and raise you a fashion conscious Mr. Richards.

Good old Stones, but here is a classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9Q7Vr3yQYWQ
    OR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_p4JbbcfmX8
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-20-14 at 08:46 PM.
    Highlander01 and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-14 08:29 PM
    Folks, do you honestly believe that Irving signed on with BB on their own accord without gov't and BB incentives to do so ... think about it, more so if you know Irving.

Regardless, good for BB, let's bring on the Canadian and world banks along with all the governments of the world ... then this will give us all a valid reason to proudly toot our BB horns.
    12-20-14 08:54 PM
    I'm sure Miss beautiful legs would have sold more phones but what about Benjamin TheDonkey, I think he is taking about Mr and Mrs every day who want to buy phones through carriers in the states and can't buy them cause they don't sell them !! Correct me if I'm wrong.

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    I am sure you may know, this was a company which according to America went out of business long long time ago and still is? It takes time. Most people on this thread have some sort of stock interest in BlackBerry. Atleast that what I assume. Then listen to chen carefully. He said that once he is at breakeven point, then he will work on growth. That's next work order. And again. He is plan is nor one dimensional. Blackberry will have other income streams than just the hardware. Not sure what part of chen's english people don't wanna understand?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-20-14 09:04 PM
    Lol..come on Highlander01!!

Push vs Pull
    (part of lean manufacturing)

In this day and age, you can't operate in a Push system with that type of business. Way too much financial exposure.

Case and point, look at what happened to the Z10....and that huge write down they had to swallow....

Back in the day (after WWII), the PUSH system was the way to go in mass manufacturing as supply of most goods could not keep up with demand.

I'm thirsty, going to the bar.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-20-14 09:06 PM
    Lol..come on Highlander01!!

Push vs Pull
    (part of lean manufacturing)

In this day and age, you can't operate in a Push system with that type of business. Way too much financial exposure.

Case and point, look at what happened to the Z10....and that huge write down they had to swallow....

Back in the day (after WWII), the PUSH system was the way to go in mass manufacturing as supply of most goods could not keep up with demand.

I'm thirsty, going to the bar.
    I am already at the bar for last 2 hours. Lol

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-20-14 09:09 PM
113,256 ... 30623063306430653066 ...