View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well well.. look what just popped up in my inbox...
    Do you see a big difference in the battery usage on 2G / 3G / LTE?
    10-23-14 02:41 PM
    Well well.. look what just popped up in my inbox...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    I left you all hanging with the teaser and no link. Here ya go!

BLACKBERRY | A NEW ERA FOR ENTERPRISE MOBILITY

Edit: Link Removed!
    Last edited by Mr BBRY; 10-23-14 at 03:12 PM. Reason: TMI
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-23-14 02:43 PM
    I left you all hanging with the teaser and no link. Here ya go!

Replacement link:
    Daniel S?
    You should modify the link and remove the part ?elq=.... - it is personal part, thanks to this we know your real name, company and email
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 10-23-14 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Link with personal info replaced with YouTube link
    Andy_bb_king and CDM76 like this.
    10-23-14 02:59 PM
    Daniel S?
    You should modify the link and remove the part ?elq=.... - it is personal part, thanks to this we know your real name, company and email
    thanks, i think you have to delete it from your post too plz.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-23-14 03:06 PM
    Daniel S?
    Interesting info FijiBB. What did you use to parse the string after elq= for my personal understanding?

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    georg4BB and Shanerredflag like this.
    10-23-14 03:06 PM
    Daniel S?
    Ouch, didn't realize my personal info would carry over into the link. No worries though, I got nothing to hide. Shoot me an email sometime if you'd like Thanks for catching it though. Link removed.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-23-14 03:16 PM
    Ouch, didn't realize my personal info would carry over into the link. No worries though, I got nothing to hide. Shoot me an email sometime if you'd like Thanks for catching it though. Link removed.
    Still Active in FijiBB's quoted post.
    10-23-14 03:18 PM
    I asked the mods to take it out!
    10-23-14 03:22 PM
    Do you see a big difference in the battery usage on 2G / 3G / LTE?
    I've only had the Passport for a week and have only used LTE since day one. I have the screen at full brightness, talk all day long, and basically never put the thing down and I get just shy of a full day out of it so far, which is usually from 5am - 9pm. About the same as my Z30 actually. I can't imagine many people who can figure out a way to drain that monster battery faster than me, so I'm thrilled to get an average of 14hrs of hard use. This weekend, it was at 35% battery at the end of my day. Just one more reason to love my Passport.
    10-23-14 03:25 PM
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The app itself is nice n'all too. I'm using the Stocks app on Android, it's pretty basic and it does the job for me. The Bloomberg one was a bit confusing.

Posted via CB10
    i'm using StockDaddy Turbo. It's good except that sometimes i feel like it doesn't refresh on it's own. It just got updated yesterday and seems to work fine. plus they fixed a bug in graphs.

i also use SuperStocks. The graph only shows todays chart. but it has direct links to news and displays all the basic stock info. i also like how you can quickly cycle between share price gain/loss in $ and % and check volume.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-23-14 03:32 PM
    Love the part of "Hollywood Camera Rolling" is it's something new?
    Cool ...

Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-23-14 03:51 PM
    OT ALERT HALO !!!!

Last year it was Nov. 8th 2013 (Friday) ......... until they announce it, we don't know when it will be this year. Should be on the same day as last year (a Friday) so take it from there!! Could be the 7th or 14th ..... and we wait!!!
    Morgan, long time listener, first time caller lol

I went in on HALO at 8.95/share what are your thoughts at that price?

Thank you for your great inputs Here!

Ps first reply via passport!!

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    10-23-14 04:17 PM
    Thank you for this update Morgan. When you have chance, could you please provide an update on PSDV? The stock seems to be climbing nicely here and given its recent FDA approval I'd like to think it's got a lot more to offer in terms of SP going forward.

Much appreciate your thoughts here.
    Best.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    OT ALERT!!! PSDV

wojciechp!!!

You are welcome! PSDV is a great buy, I won't even look at it again until it flashes above $ 5.50/shr minimum. I believe the stock is worth $ 8.00 - $ 10.00 today, so I won't be a seller until it hits at least that starting point, and, I have somewhere to place those funds. If every other stock in the universe is up too, I'll hold onto it until they go to market with their new approval. The real value is in their methods, not so much their approval, this company can hit several milestones in 2015 and at some point, they will get bought out for their methods. It is so surprising to see it down at these levels today, but then you have HALO hanging in below $ 10.00 and they are firing on all cylinders this year. Fund money will come back into Biotechs and these examples will fly. Today, the IBB Index hit an all time high, very strong indicator there, and you can expect Biotechs to lead the next rally heading into the end of this year.

The under performer today was really HALO, it added some pennies to its price but it didn't spend more than a few minutes trying to clear its 50-dma before backing away. So we'll wait on that one too.

BBRY had a great day, spent 4 days confirming the new breakout above its 50-dma, and parked itself at the Monday high and only $ .03/shr below it intraday high. The rally continues if the stock can make and hold above today's high ( $ 10.35/shr/US).

Best of luck!
    bungaboy, CDM76, donmateo and 7 others like this.
    10-23-14 04:51 PM
    Morgan, long time listener, first time caller lol

I went in on HALO at 8.95/share what are your thoughts at that price?

Thank you for your great inputs Here!

Ps first reply via passport!!

Posted via CB10
    OT ALERT!!! HALO

Hi donmateo !!!

I'm well aware of you from past posts (who can forget your avatar!), nice to see some long term BlackBerry players on this thread. It is also nice to see you are packing a Passport too! I love mine, I didn't know it sends messages to my PC so fast. I use to hear the Passport/Z10 go off, and then I would regen my PC email account knowing something has come in. Now I see it super-imposed on my screen in real-time, whether I'm watching a video or not! Too cool! You have to love BB 10.3.

As for HALO, I have mentioned that I sincerely feel that HALO stock should be mirroring ACAD, they both have tons of cash per share outstanding, they both are going to market with a major drug, their pipelines are deep, and, they will have similar revenue streams per share outstanding. All of this tells me that as soon as the large Funds tie up the stock, this one will trade for the same price as ACAD does today. We hold a very large block of it, none are for sale under $ 25.00/shr and I think we are there within 12 months. We just need to catch the next Biotech cycle which looks as though it started today. The major Biotech Indexes hit record highs today so all we are waiting on is the general market to confirm the correction is over and the final leg of the rally for 2014 has begun.

I should say, what excites me most about HALO is its orphan drug status along with its 7 year privilege for "non-competitive" status (and, they won't have label issues either!), this Phase II study will be worth its weight in gold if their results mirror what the FDA expects from them. You couldn't ask for a more robust platform than HALO's today, the only thing missing is a partnership or a buyout of one of their drugs, or, the company as a whole. The senior management are setting stock option pricing this month and into November so that might be why we are waiting for a major move in this stock. Either way, this one is a gem. GL
    10-23-14 06:10 PM
    Love the part of "Hollywood Camera Rolling" is it's something new?
    Not really. It's using QNX as its embedded systems

Posted via CB10
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    10-23-14 06:37 PM
    OT ALERT!!! HALO

Hi donmateo !!!

I'm well aware of you from past posts (who can forget your avatar!), nice to see some long term BlackBerry players on this thread. It is also nice to see you are packing a Passport too! I love mine, I didn't know it sends messages to my PC so fast. I use to hear the Passport/Z10 go off, and then I would regen my PC email account knowing something has come in. Now I see it super-imposed on my screen in real-time, whether I'm watching a video or not! Too cool! You have to love BB 10.3.

As for HALO, I have mentioned that I sincerely feel that HALO stock should be mirroring ACAD, they both have tons of cash per share outstanding, they both are going to market with a major drug, their pipelines are deep, and, they will have similar revenue streams per share outstanding. All of this tells me that as soon as the large Funds tie up the stock, this one will trade for the same price as ACAD does today. We hold a very large block of it, none are for sale under $ 25.00/shr and I think we are there within 12 months. We just need to catch the next Biotech cycle which looks as though it started today. The major Biotech Indexes hit record highs today so all we are waiting on is the general market to confirm the correction is over and the final leg of the rally for 2014 has begun.

I should say, what excites me most about HALO is its orphan drug status along with its 7 year privilege for "non-competitive" status (and, they won't have label issues either!), this Phase II study will be worth its weight in gold if their results mirror what the FDA expects from them. You couldn't ask for a more robust platform than HALO's today, the only thing missing is a partnership or a buyout of one of their drugs, or, the company as a whole. The senior management are setting stock option pricing this month and into November so that might be why we are waiting for a major move in this stock. Either way, this one is a gem. GL
    Hey there Morgan! Really appreciate your reply and continued education! I've slowly been getting into investing myself, so I love to hear what others are saying/thinking to at least get a feel for other views.

I'm LOVING my Passport and 10.3 is a breeze. Combined with Blend, I am on Cloud 9 right now!!

I'm really hopeful for the HALO price improvement and they really do have a lot going for them. Thank you for informing us all of it and providing some very great, useful info! I appreciate the guidance. I look forward to us watching this climb in happiness!

All the best,

Matt
    10-23-14 07:26 PM
    OT...really good easy listening BLUE'S feed:
    http://www.anetstation.com/

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-23-14 09:34 PM
    FYI, I stream through the Passport to my Sonos system...you can use a Boss or whatever...(won't be as good, but...lol) really great instrumental station if you like that style.

La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    10-23-14 09:40 PM
    Oh...I would like to give a very appreciative thanks to all the wonderful people who contribute here. Truly a special thread. :-)

Corbu, donmateo, sidhuk and 13 others like this.
    10-23-14 09:42 PM
    10-23-14 10:36 PM
    10-23-14 10:40 PM
    OT: an opportunity for QNX?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/ca...says-1.2810847

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 02:12 AM
    That weird felling I had reading this : SAP mobile chief: Those relying on MDM are 'dead men walking' . (now) SAP's Constanza at work. A lot of "language elements" we are familliar with, but at the same time a strategic differentiator and a hit to the MDM concept ... or finally not ?
    Costanzo: When you start talking about wearables and connected cars, you're going to start looking at a world, in the next 18 to 24 months, of hundreds of thousands if not millions of connected things.
    Organizations that continue to take a device-centric approach to enterprise mobility are dead men walking. I've had a lot of individuals offer up their opinions on, 'Hey, you should actually go and buy that MDM player, or that MDM player, or that MDM player.' And I'm going, 'Yeah, that's like saying we want to be the prettiest-looking corpse in the morgue.' I'm not interested in doing that.
    I leave you with the brain torsion - waiting for your observations
    Lot of appointments today, happy Friday gang !
    10-24-14 03:23 AM
    Yes. Yes they could....

http://etfdailynews.com/2014/10/23/c...erry-ltd-bbry/

In a move to Apple Inc. Maps, the company rolled out a new tool that enables small businesses to add their business location and other information to the mapping system.

When the iPhone maker first introduced Apple Maps in 2012, the company promoted it as the ?most beautiful, powerful mapping service ever.? But after its launch of the service so many consumer complaints rolled in that Tim Cook was forced to issue a formal apology to consumers.

Since its roll out, Apple has continued to invest in the mapping system, but hasn't divulged many details about its efforts.

Have you ever wondered how billionaires continue to get RICHER, while the rest of the world is struggling?

"I study billionaires for a living. To be more specific, I study how these investors generate such huge and consistent profits in the stock markets -- year-in and year-out."

Mobile devices have drastically changed over the years and the space continues to evolve at an expeditious pace. BlackBerry was once considered at the top of its game and has since lost some of its appeal. With Apples major drop in stock value and ongoing PR battle, is the manufacturing giant following in the same footsteps
    10-24-14 06:25 AM
    Arnt we suspose too see that take over offer today

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 06:25 AM
113,256 ... 29362937293829392940 ...