New thought about USA marketing.

In war you don't attack all cities at once. You attack one city at a time.

Why not get 100 people hired with demo vans and other concepts like mall kiosks. Start in Boston or some other city. Focus all energies there. And once store sales improve, move on to the next city. Win there and move on.

In a way apple did this with their stores. The first NYC store cosy a ton but people went in the store just to see it. Does everyone remember all the apple store hype that happened 5 years ago?

Posted via CB10
    Korepab and BlackistheBerry like this.
    07-04-13 11:56 AM
    I think this is a pretty good idea. Concentrate your fire power in one city. You will definitely get more exposure that way and people will start noticing.

This will generate some buzz for sure.
    07-04-13 12:18 PM
    I might attempt to read that if it had more than one paragraph. Care to reformat it for readability? (I guarantee that fewer than 1/10 as many people will read it in its current form.)

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaand, it's gone.
    Last edited by peter9477; 07-04-13 at 04:29 PM.
    Bugmapper, theRock1975 and take99 like this.
    07-04-13 02:09 PM
    Lol I skipped over and landed on your comment!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:06 PM
    That was funny, started to read it then skipped to peter's post lol
    07-04-13 03:12 PM
    I see so many people saying how the marketing is poor and should be improved this way or that way.

I say spend every dime on innovation. Z10 owners will get wifi direct soon. This is free advertising to friends and family.

When I bought the nfc music gateway. Friends come over and guess what? Check this out!! Music playing on phone, tap, beep beep, music on stereo..niiice!
    Again free advertising.

The other day on the verge, there was a blackberry article about some 10.2 features from the Crackberry leak.

Every group (family or friends) has that enthusiast that shows new stuff. They are the ones bbry has to target.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:19 PM
    New thought about USA marketing.

In war you don't attack all cities at once. You attack one city at a time.

Why not get 100 people hired with demo vans and other concepts like mall kiosks. Start in Boston or some other city. Focus all energies there. And once store sales improve, move on to the next city. Win there and move on.

In a way apple did this with their stores. The first NYC store cosy a ton but people went in the store just to see it. Does everyone remember all the apple store hype that happened 5 years ago?

Great idea.

In London they could rent and covert a Black Cab ( Taxi ) and/or a big red Routemaster Bus. Fill it up with Q5, Q10 and Z10s, let people jump on the bus for a free ride and show them what these excellent handsets can do. Remember, a bit of music playing in the background, some well trained enthusiastic reps and maybe some free handset sized stickers for the public to take home. Come to think of it, you could ferry the passengers to and fro mobile phone stores in case they want to buy the phones immediately.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:24 PM
    they had these vans in toronto when teh Z10 launched, havn't seen it since though
    07-04-13 05:51 PM
    Gee what a great idea. I wonder why no one else thought of this.

palmOne launches US Retail Kiosks
    The following are the current locations, more are on the way in the future:

East Coast Region:
    Boston, MA - Prudential Center
    Bethesda, MD - Westfield Montgomery
    Towson, MD - Towson Town Center
    West Coast Region:
    Pleasanton, CA - Stoneridge Shopping Center
    San Francisco, CA - Market Street
    San Jose, CA - Shoppingtown Oakridge
    Santa Clara, CA - Valley Fair Mall
    Sherman Oaks, CA - Fashion Square
    West Los Angeles, CA - Century City
    Samsung Experience Shops to Open in 1,400 Best Buy Locations
    On Wednesday, Samsung and Best Buy announced the grand opening of Samsung Experience�an in-store kiosk showcasing all of Samsung�s flagship smartphones, tablets, cameras, laptops, accessories and other products. There are now 200 Best Buy locations in the U.S. with Samsung Experience shops, and 900 more will be added to Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores by early May. By early June 500 more shops are set to appear in U.S. Best Buy stores, bringing the total number of Samsung Experience shops to 1,400.
    Microsoft continues its kiosk kick, will open new 'specialty stores'

Microsoft's brick-and-mortar store expansion is increasingly happening via "specialty stores," which are kiosks and small storefront-type outlets, typically located in shopping centers and malls.

On May 8, Microsoft announced it will be opening four new specialty stores in May and June. The four newest locales: Roseville, Calif.; Arlington, Texas; Novi, Mich.; and Seattle. In April, Microsoft opened five new specialty stores.
    According to Microsoft's Store locator page, there are a total of 34 specialty stores in the U.S. and Canada that are open now and/or opening soon. That's out of a total of 75 U.S. and Canadian Microsoft stores listed on that page.
    07-05-13 08:32 PM