Im interested in buying a piece.. investing in the blackberry stock market. Wanna become a shareholder.. How can i do it, and keep it simple????
    11-25-13 07:13 PM
    Open a Scottrade account, transfer some money (it's almost instant nowadays), enter order for BBRY. Close your eyes and hope for the best.
    11-25-13 07:16 PM
    Like your comment...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:25 PM
    Im interested in buying a piece.. investing in the blackberry stock market. Wanna become a shareholder.. How can i do it, and keep it simple????
    May I ask WHY?

Investment, or just want to own a piece?

It is is for investment purposes, you need to LEARN a lot before you dive into buying....if you had to ask how to start.

If you are just interested in owning a few shares becuase you want to be a "part" of something (Kevin should have sold CrackBerry shares).... It is pretty simple to find a number of online trading companies. Look around online in your area of the world. Make sure you know what the individual trading fees (both buy and sell) and IF the company has any long term account fees - they shouldn't, but some do.
    12-02-13 11:25 AM
    Call up your bank and they'll assist you.. however if you go to the bank, you will most likely pay some high trading fees.. You can also find an online discount brokerage and set up an account but you may not have access to investment research like you would at a reputable bank

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:34 AM
    First you have to leave your analytical ability at the door...
    12-10-13 02:05 PM
    Seems like those who are the biggest supporters of BBRY (e.g., willing to buy stock in some symbolic showing of support) are almost always the most inexperienced in business and finance.
    12-11-13 03:55 PM
    Seems like those who are the biggest supporters of BBRY (e.g., willing to buy stock in some symbolic showing of support) are almost always the most inexperienced in business and finance.
    Really wish that CrackBerry had some "widgets" that could be added to each persons profile or signature. Input you purchase in BBRY - number of share and purchase price. The widget could show each persons losses and gain (as if) based on the current share price. And in the BBRY Section there could be a running total of all the shares purchased by members and the total amount of the loses. Would be a very sobering indicator.

But hey I get wanting to own a share.... I bought a single share of DISNEY for each of my kids from oneshare.com back about 20 years ago, they got a nice little certificate and know that they own a piecs of one of the most beloved companies in the world (at least by some).

I wish that I had bought myself a few thousand shares back at that time, the stock was around $20 back then.
    Asthenia likes this.
    12-12-13 07:45 AM
    This website might help: http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/042205.asp

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    Asthenia likes this.
    12-12-13 07:59 AM
    That's me. Don't know squat about stock trading, finance, etc and don't really need too because it's not a viable sense of income for me as I know trying to make money is the main reason average folks play the stock market game.

I own a couple hundred shares of BBRY right now just because
    If that logic makes me a fool, I'm cool with that because it was my money that I earned and chose to spend here and there to support a company I have particularly strong feelings for.

Now, as for the OP's question:
    I use TradeKing. There's also sites like ShareBuilder or eTrade. Easy to get going.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    Asthenia likes this.
    12-15-13 05:33 PM
    I don't care people say, it's my money and I bought some share again. If I'm stupid then 1 billion invited in blackberry last month was stupid also.that is what I said to so call to other

Better android than android. The future is black....
    Asthenia likes this.
    12-16-13 05:14 PM
    I don't care people say, it's my money and I bought some share again. If I'm stupid then 1 billion invited in blackberry last month was stupid also.that is what I said to so call to investor

12-16-13 05:14 PM
    I don't care people say, it's my money and I bought some share again. If I'm stupid then 1 billion invited in blackberry last month was stupid also.that is what I said to so call to other

The 1 Billion invested in BlackBerry by FairFax is a no lose investment. Worse happens and BlackBerry goes bankrupt, they are on the top of the list to get their money back via the assets. But they are also working their way into the Company.... maybe next time BlackBerry needs a loan, it is a secure loan with the patents put up as collateral. Maybe before it is all over FairFax has bought what they wanted without having to bid or pay top dollar. All the while retail investors are left holding an empty bag.

I'm not calling anyone stupid for buying BBRY.... there is money to be made and their is a possibility that they might turn things around. Making anyone buying in at $6 a share a winner! It is a LONG shot at this point, but that is why the reward is so high.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-17-13 09:36 AM
    Just don't invest any more than you are willing to see go bye bye.
    12-17-13 10:10 AM
    The truth is that the stock isn't performing well currently. The ppl above claiming you're crazy for investing have as little insight into the future as anybody else. What they do have, though, is a reasonable sense of caution which is wise to have. The stock market doesn't play to the laws of physics and so just because a stock goes down doesn't mean it won't go down further, same can ( said for a stock that is on the rise. There's really no rule that says it will eventually go down.

The stock market is mostly a game of long term investment or short term speculation. BlackBerry is a heavily shorted stock where basically 30% of its shares are hoping it fails. Those odds are pretty rough. And while I'll admit I bought some shares and made some huge profit in January, I refused to sell and now I'm running at a loss. Nothing too big, but still a loss none the less.

TL;DR

Stocks are a gamble and you have to do research, but just because a bunch of people say it's a bad stock doesn't mean it is. Same goes for good stocks. I know a bunch of people that lost millions due to buying Apple stocks when they were around $700/share. And Apple is the most valuable company on the planet.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Last edited by Brandon Orr; 12-17-13 at 12:20 PM.
    12-17-13 12:04 PM
    Nice..thats true..

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-14 03:15 PM
    Nice..thats true..

Did you actually pull the trigger?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:46 AM
    Don't buy bbry stock.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 06:47 AM
    Nice..thats true..

You came back five months later... so what happened? Hope you bought, and I hope you sold.
    04-10-14 03:59 PM
    mind your own buissness if not gonna help man
    10-03-14 02:37 PM
    IMO, if you're saving for retirement just go with an index fund and don't touch it for 15-30 years. If you really want to play the stock market, at least know the basics. It surprises me how little people know about stocks. A great example of this is when people think a company is valued more than another company because of their share price alone.

Also, do your research. Don't buy into a stock just because of its past performance. Have a tolerance for losses. Create a realistic timeline for when you'll buy and sell. If you're going to day trade, you're going to need to learn a lot more. If you're going to buy and hold, just don't stare at the stock market everyday. Look into what the types of buy/sell orders are. If you're scared about losing all your money, just put in a stop loss order for the amount you're comfortable with losing.
    10-06-14 09:05 AM
    That's quite a bold statement, is this based on your research of the track record of institutional investors who have backed the stock? Or based on your opinion of the people who say they buy and support?

There is risk involved with investing, but higher risk equals higher growth opportunity as well, if all goes according to plan. Only invest that which can be lost in risky ventures such as BBRY, you may lose it all (realistically not all of it unless Bankrupt, but most of it), but you could also earn well over 100% returns if you hold your position for a few years and BBRY stabilizes and establishes a firm and highly profitable position in EMM/MDM and or in IoT with QNX.

Am I inexperienced and naive for buying when it was under $6? Because the highest paid and experienced investors were all running away. What about when I got more at $8.5, and below $10 last week? I'd already be making money in the short term, but I'll choose to hedge my risk until it rises back into the teens with a successful turnaround.

Some people became (or could have if they held out longer) millionaires by believing in Apple when it was failing. What about SAP? There are countless other stories of companies who nearly disappeared and then became industry powerhouses. You'll only get rich off the stock market by buying shares of undervalued companies who have a small shot at a huge future, many will fail, but some will thrive. I am not saying BBRY has a sure chance of securing it's future, or growing to be 2x-15x it's size/market value, but the possibility exists so do your homework (many hours of financial research and analysis) and decide for yourself whether or not the probability of success and the inherent risk of loosing what you invest are worth it.

But please remember that if this is your life savings or your retirement it should be primarily invested in "safe" investments like index/mutual funds. Only a small portion, and one which you can afford to lose should be invested into risky ventures.

BB for Life
    10-22-14 01:49 PM
    That's quite a bold statement, is this based on your research of the track record of institutional investors who have backed the stock? Or based on your opinion of the people who say they buy and support?
    You know you are quoting and directing your conversation to someone who made that post over ten months ago.... and who hasn't posted here in several months...?

Sounds like you know when to buy a stock, but not when to make a post.
    10-24-14 07:42 AM
    You know you are quoting and directing your conversation to someone who made that post over ten months ago.... and who hasn't posted here in several months...?

Sounds like you know when to buy a stock, but not when to make a post.
    Oops good to know, I didn't realize this thread was so old, nor do I look at poster activity, it's just a conversation

BB for Life
    10-24-14 02:30 PM