I think Prem Watsa will agree to sell to a bidder for $45-50 range. If he says yes, deal is done, no questions asked. Some politicians will create noice but Harper is a free market guy, the deal will go through.
    It all boils down to Watsa and he will sell esp. since Mike is gone now. and Mike will say yes too.. his new fund can def use a few hundred million dollars. Heins will get a very big fat check... so all is good.
    So a hostile takeover bid may not be that hostile after all.
    Shorts will lose it all.
    06-12-13 01:26 PM
    Who said they were being taken over either way?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-12-13 01:29 PM
    Since Prem Watsa feels the current fair price is $17 (according to interviews done in the last 60 days), who would pay $45-50?
    06-12-13 01:32 PM
    This is what I always thought myself, but f*** a takeover when BBRY has actual potential with QNX and BB10 proving to be a well designed OS.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    06-12-13 01:34 PM
    So is there even a change available to the board? I voted yes for Watsa and Heins. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know too much about the others besides the fact that most of them have been there for a while. I know Stymiest has been on for quite a while
    06-12-13 01:39 PM
    I think Prem Watsa will agree to sell to a bidder for $45-50 range. If he says yes, deal is done, no questions asked. Some politicians will create noice but Harper is a free market guy, the deal will go through.
    It all boils down to Watsa and he will sell esp. since Mike is gone now. and Mike will say yes too.. his new fund can def use a few hundred million dollars. Heins will get a very big fat check... so all is good.
    Shorts will lose it all.
    If Harper is such a free market guy then why did he block the BHP Billiton take over attempt of Potash Corp of Saskatchewan at 120 per share or so?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:43 PM
    Since Prem Watsa feels the current fair price is $17 (according to interviews done in the last 60 days), who would pay $45-50?
    No, Prem Wats said he believes the value of BBRY is 40 something, so please get your facts straight.
    Scott Lefebvre and ibpluto like this.
    06-12-13 02:31 PM
    If Harper is such a free market guy then why did he block the BHP Billiton take over attempt of Potash Corp of Saskatchewan at 120 per share or so?

Posted via CB10
    That was a natural resources issue.
    06-12-13 02:47 PM
    And this would be a national security issue....i dunno why ppl think a takeover would be that simple. Too many governments and corporations have too much at stake for any kind of takeover to just happen.

Not saying that it could never happen, but I'd bet we see a joint venture with Apple before we see a takeover.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:18 PM
    You mean $40? he said it in his annual report. If he changed his tune, this is the first I know about it. And request links.
    06-12-13 06:55 PM
    Prem stated "current" fair value was $40, no less. Nice try.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:47 PM
    Who said they were being taken over either way?
    nobody said anybody said that, takeovers, especially the hostile ones, happen all of a sudden. $45 is a good price for any buyer. and there are potentially a number of them.
    06-13-13 07:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    NJBlackberry has no idea what he is talking about. Watsa categorically said that he thinks fair price of BBRY today is 40 something, so let's say 45. If a bid for 45-50 comes in, he will sell and if Watsa wants out, BBRY has to sell. Mike, IMHO, would like to get out with 1.4-1.5 billiopn as well. Heins makes a great paycheck plus he could possibly run the business for the new buyer. Only problem is what will the inept BBRY board do? where will they hang their hats?
    06-13-13 07:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually Watsa said 40 something, so he will sell at 45-50 today, you wait longer, maybe he would raise his price.
    06-13-13 07:34 AM
    You mean $40? he said it in his annual report. If he changed his tune, this is the first I know about it. And request links.
    He said 40 something... and that is today.
    06-13-13 07:35 AM
    And this would be a national security issue....i dunno why ppl think a takeover would be that simple. Too many governments and corporations have too much at stake for any kind of takeover to just happen.

Not saying that it could never happen, but I'd bet we see a joint venture with Apple before we see a takeover.

Posted via CB10
    why security issue? what if IBM, Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Dell, HP, and so on and so forth want to buy? what if a PE firm wants to buy.. say someone like Carlisle?
    06-13-13 07:36 AM
    There are too many governments and defense organizations using BB to let any old takeover take place. Remember what happened with MacDonald Detwiller? The government agreed to sell our premiere aerospace company and there was so much public outrage they decided to block the deal. Not sure people would love BlackBerry as much but maybe. Foreign takeovers have to show benefit to Canada and since BlackBerry is far from going under I think benefit would be hard to prove.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    06-13-13 09:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    He wouldn't have had our Premier not stood up for Saskatchewan's resources. However things are going to clamped down on foreign takeovers I would think. After that last big chinese takeover a couple months ago they said as much.
    06-14-13 12:39 AM
    I would hate to see BBRY sell... plus Microsoft would not but at 30 Billion dollars...around 40 $ range...BlackBerry does not need anyone

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:15 AM
    Shorts will lose it all.
    Someone just bought 8.4% of BBRY. For less than $14.00. Yeah ...Watsa may be smart. But who would be so dumb to offer him $40 right now for 10% of BBRY?

An IDI*T.

Another senseless post.
    Last edited by docgasberry; 06-16-13 at 08:16 AM.
    06-14-13 07:19 AM
    No, Prem Wats said he believes the value of BBRY is 40 something, so please get your facts straight.
    Wouldn't such a sale require a majority vote on the board, not just 1 or 2 members?
    06-14-13 01:17 PM
    Wouldn't such a sale require a majority vote on the board, not just 1 or 2 members?
    Ask the OP. Just use any of his threads ....take your pick....not that he cares to reply you ...he'll just start another thread before you can say, "Dumb!".
    06-16-13 08:20 AM