Ok, I am with this guy ... the old 'no smoke without fire' saying.

Who will it be? Lenovo, Sony, HTC, Nokia, Samsung even?

Has BlackBerry Already Signed a Licensing Deal for BB 10? | The Gadget Masters
    04-14-13 09:43 AM
    Interesting thought

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:52 AM
    I doubt it is with Samsung, HTC or Nokia. Sony and Lenovo are the more likely companies BlackBerry will license BB10 to. Lenovo may make the most sense considering they are a major smartphone player in the China market (which is a hugely fragmented market) with 13.2% of the market for 2012 (Samsung has 17.7% and Apple is third with 11% and Nokia's share in the Chinese market plunged from 29.9% to 3.7% [In 2011, they were the market leader in China.]) and have not made too many inroads in the US market. China is one of those markets in which BlackBerry is practically non-existent and licensing BB10 to say Lenovo could help them improve their market share there. Android powered devices dominate the market in China, so it will be a very tough nut to crack.

Sony does have a presence in the US and their latest devices are generating buzz. With BlackBerry announcing that they will not be selling their new devices in Japan, Sony could be the conduit in that market by licensing BB10 to them.

BlackBerry could license BB10 to both Sony and Lenovo and have one build the entry-level touchscreen device and the other built the touchscreen+physical keyboard device.

BlackBerry is using BB7 as their "entry-level" products and will continue to support the OS for at least a few more years before focusing solely on BB10 devices.
    04-14-13 10:10 AM
    Lol...can you imagine this place if Sammy licensed BB10. I know it's a "not gonna Happen" prospect but would be hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:17 AM
    Oh.. I wish I would have thought of this sooner...

We will get a sell side house to release a report that says Sammy has signed a deal to exclusively use BB10 OS for the next 10 years...because of its massive superiority to Android.... The shorts will get squeezed for a couple hundred percent loss in one day, we shareholders will make a killing and then after the markets close Sammy can come forward and refute the report.

No...that would be wrong...yes? (remove tongue from cheek)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-14-13 at 02:08 PM.
    04-14-13 10:21 AM