This Canadian finance guy comes off as pretty credible to me, check out what he has to say about BBRY and the shorts, and BBRY's general situation, at about 06:40 in this interview:

(Spoiler: If they want to be credible, at least write some semblance of proper English sentences...)

BNN Video clip, featuring James Doak

06-07-13 02:34 PM
    Haha brilliant!
    06-07-13 02:46 PM
    Someone had linked this in "the" BBRY thread as well, and I highlighted some bits from it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post8602407
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-07-13 02:54 PM
    While what the Canadian finance guy said is absolutely true, you can tell he has stock in BB.
    06-07-13 02:57 PM
    While what the Canadian finance guy said is absolutely true, you can tell he has stock in BB.

Actually it makes little difference whether he has stock in Blackberry, what he said all throughout that interview, including all the non-BBRY parts, came across to me as pretty credible.

Unlike 3/4 of the unhinged US financial talking-heads who wouldn't know what objectivity was if it bit them in the *ss.

I expect Canadians, in general, to be more supportive of BBRY than USians. But even with that taken into consideration, their stance in general seems way more reasonable than the idiotic bearish crap that the Yanks constantly dish out.
    06-07-13 03:12 PM
    Someone had linked this in "the" BBRY thread as well, and I highlighted some bits from it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post8602407

Man, that thread is insane... 1200+ pages???

I used to read that thread, but at that level of activity, I don't think I have the time/energy to wade through the daily traffic on that monstrous thing..
    06-07-13 03:18 PM
    Man, that thread is insane... 1200+ pages???

I used to read that thread, but at that level of activity, I don't think I have the time/energy to wade through the daily traffic on that monstrous thing..
    Me neither. I'm afraid I mostly pop in once or maybe twice a day, and skim the last 4-5 pages for posts by a handful of people on my mental "credible and on-topic" list. ;-) Every now and then there's a gem of a link like that one... pays for the bit of time I spend checking. When the discussion goes haywire for a while I just skip it for a day or two.
    06-07-13 06:14 PM
    I like his frank, no BS approach to analysis.

He makes a great point. The US is an almost entirely irrelevant market as there is very little growth to come from it.

Blackberry have the EMs locked down and are in a great position to take advantage of the growth there.
    06-08-13 06:43 AM
    check it out!!! http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/...ostid=21473129
    Last edited by jojo beaconsfield; 06-08-13 at 06:57 AM. Reason: wrong url
    Omnitech likes this.
    06-08-13 06:49 AM
    can,t seem to delete this
    Last edited by jojo beaconsfield; 06-08-13 at 06:59 AM. Reason: no url
    06-08-13 06:53 AM

That's a fabulous overview of some of the manipulative history of those infamous BBRY bears.

Just like the people that dismiss all sorts of bad corporate actors because they simply don't want to believe it because it conflicts with their personal ideology, combined with either a disinterest or lack of rigor to monitor the long-term behavior of companies.

I've mentioned many times over the years the various and infamous BS that Microsoft used to pull all the time to stifle competition, but so many people were "blind" to it because of those 2 reasons. When you look at how some of these frauds act consistently fraudulently over time, and assuming you don't have your pink glasses on all the time, it all becomes abundantly clear what is going on.
    06-08-13 08:33 AM