Today we see a Bernstein "analyst" report "waning" demand for BB10 while yesterday RBC upgrades from Sell to Buy due to reported higher sales volumes. How is it possible that two different entities looking at the same market data/channel checks/consumer experience come up with 180 degree opposing perspectives ?

I fully understand that certain biasing can and does occur when looking at anecdotal market metrics regarding current trends, but the degree of diversity of opinion in this case MUST result in one party being completely wrong.

Are brokerages that corrupt that they would publish totally inaccurate information and not be concerned regarding the possible consequences ?
    06-19-13 10:19 AM
    They might be in different areas doing different channel checks. One might have better inside knowledge from within the company. And like you mentioned they have different stances to begin with and want to see opposite outcomes.
    06-19-13 10:27 AM
    Analyst at Bernstein used the frequency of Google search terms (for q10) as a surrogate for q10 sales. A bit like tea leaves imho
    06-19-13 10:58 AM
    I am not finding any details on Bernstein Research...When he talks about channel checks, is it only US or is it global...if 60 % of fortune 500 are testing BB10 than that does not mean rest will defect..Some might be happy with their existing arrangements, others might be waiting, some might not have budgets approved and some might not be interested...i think 60 % is a great number to start with.
    If you have any details on his analysis please reply

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:07 AM
    Remember he upgraded few months ago and now this just before RE. Makes us wonder. Read that fox news anchor story

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:15 AM
    Today we see a Bernstein "analyst" report "waning" demand for BB10 while yesterday RBC upgrades from Sell to Buy due to reported higher sales volumes. How is it possible that two different entities looking at the same market data/channel checks/consumer experience come up with 180 degree opposing perspectives ?

I fully understand that certain biasing can and does occur when looking at anecdotal market metrics regarding current trends, but the degree of diversity of opinion in this case MUST result in one party being completely wrong.

Are brokerages that corrupt that they would publish totally inaccurate information and not be concerned regarding the possible consequences ?
    Why did you say that?

Because I was asked a question.

Just because a question was asked, doesn't mean you have an answer. People forget that I don't know is also an answer.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:19 AM
    Why did you say that?

Because I was asked a question.

Just because a question was asked, doesn't mean you have an answer. People forget that I don't know is also an answer.

Posted via CB10
    lol.....a vacuum can always be filled with hot air......

But seriously, I get biasing and all that.....two diametrically opposed viewpoints cannot be both right !
    06-19-13 11:57 AM
    I can't wait for the earnings call next week. Some of these bears are making me nuts. Come on short squeeze......

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:25 PM
    6 figure salaries and failure is not just acceptable, it's the norm

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-19-13 01:09 PM
    lol.....a vacuum can always be filled with hot air......

But seriously, I get biasing and all that.....two diametrically opposed viewpoints cannot be both right !
    You don't need to be right when you get paid for a viewpoint. Manipulation is the name of the game and these folks are really really good at it.
    howarmat likes this.
    06-19-13 06:10 PM