The rampant BB bashing on 3 financial blogs needs a MASSIVE response, I believe it is motivated by stock manipulation, this could harm us all, not just us stock holders.
    Seeking Alpha's Kofi Bofa: BlackBerry 10: No "Killer App," Investors Lose - Seeking Alpha and
    Vlad Deshkovich: Bye-Bye BlackBerry: What Will Make BB10 Fail - Seeking Alpha
    AllthingsD's John Paczkowski: Survey Questions Stamina of BlackBerry Z10 in Canada, U.K. - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD.
    Forbes Eric Savitz: (Eayor); BlackBerry Eases On Report Samsung Plans Enterprise Push - Forbes
    I am linking their most recent articles, I'd advise clicking on their Article histories. I know that I am not only person reporting this stuff but I am asking that you respond to them. They may actually be committing ellegal acts and they seem bent on destroying Blackberry and Paczkowski actually called Thor a liar with a "BlackBerry says" and then quoting Thor.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-17-13 08:20 AM
    BlackBerry should take out front Page add on the most popular newspaper in each market highlighting all the lies and inaccuracies of all these "people " and then at the bottom say why can't apple and android let their products do the talking, or some such thing.
    Blackberry_Boy likes this.
    02-17-13 09:10 AM
    One has to realize that in the world of investing, there are the optimists (bulls) and the pessimists (bears). The bears will always be seeing dark clouds on the horizon and will forever find reasons that a stock, a market or the whole economy might be going down the tubes, in spite of ample evidence to the contrary. Those holding an extreme view on either end of the spectrum tend to not do well in the long run.

In the end, the stock price for BB and BBRY will gyrate depending on the mood of the market but will move closer to its true value when financial results are released. The naysayers might beat down the value of the stock in between release dates of results but will be thwarted by each release of positive and improving earnings.

In the end, the intelligent investor will look at the value of the product (QNX and Z10), the acceptance in the market by actual buyers and the realistic possibilities for the future. That means reading both the reports that say the Z10 is great and the ones that say the Z10 is a dud. Most intelligent people can figure out what makes sense and discount what appears to be nonsense. One can always challenge factual errors by writing a response, but it has to make sense and be backed up with figures lest it be seen as just another opinion.

All this is to say, I would not get too worked up about some negative blogs and reviews.
    Last edited by Enyigma; 02-19-13 at 08:29 AM.
    02-17-13 09:10 AM
    I've blogged "for BBerry" with all those folks I agree with your position that the media is a little too aggressive in looking for BBerry to make a "mistake", real of imagined and then using their publication as a vehicle to bash BBerry. I've postulated for years that this is organized and possibly funded as it just "smells" a little too well timed. Whenever the stock moves up, we see a corresponding up-tick of these negative articles. New products announced, look for the same response. Unfortunately there are no laws to address this kind of negative marketing and related dirty tricks other than our own individual moral compasses, which these folks clearly have up for sale.

Having said all of that, in a perverse way they are not always wrong......BBerry did miss much of the smartphone market by stubbornly sticking to a text-based devices while the rest of the word went to graphically based OS'. They also made many many blunders with their communications (or lack of) and CEO's making outlandish and completely false statements....all perfect fodder for these folks.

BBerry needs to put points on the board by selling a decent product that the overall market actually wants and continue to expand their relationships across the marketplace/sector. In short, make enough money to shut these guys down. It's too early to tell if BB10 is the real deal, but if you believe the early indications, its looking very positive.

We'll see in the upcoming financials what really happened.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 02-17-13 at 10:11 PM.
    sok2507, OMGitworks and Dapper37 like this.
    02-17-13 09:36 AM
    The dynamics at play are like politics.... Most do not really pay that much attention till election time.... BB election time is started next month.... for those who are immersed in the smartphone market are affected by the negative news is the most.... so the negative press has a greater impact... sure many in the US may think BB is dead or bankrupt... but in reality.. the retail market will negate this... If BB is maketing correctly... in the end it is not the perception that counts... it is can you market a product with that WOW factor.... all that has been said before does not matter......just remember what poisition Apple was in prior to 2007... 5 scant years ago....sounded pretty similar....
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-17-13 09:42 AM
    @ Enyigma.

What you say is essentially correct, however, there's more at play here. As Blackberry is a consumer product, public perception is massively important for the success of a product. If a company gets beaten down in the press on a continual basis such as Blackberry has, eventually, public perception will,and has, turned negative. Many folks that are casual Smartphone users don't understand the strengths of Blackberry (technical and financial), and believe (wrongly) that Blackberry is close to (or already is) bankrupt. This misconception starts with the financial media, gathers steam with the main-stream media, and explodes down to people like the Best Buy clerks that have been dissing BBRY at the retail end for years.

A lie or an exagerration that is not strongly refuted is often repeated, and in the minds of many, becomes fact. Remember the NYTimes article last October about how 'uncool' it was to own a Blackberry? That story was picked up my virtually every major N. American media outlet and ran for a couple of news cycles - despite how ridiculous the contenct of the article actually was. Guaranteed that was a bought and paid for diss by someone on the short side. Remember one of Kevin's editorials about a year ago, when he outed a PR firm that was deliberately encouraging negative RIMM articles? Remember the major article from just 12 days ago that claimed the Z10 launch in Canada was a failure?

Now....of the millions that read these stories, or articles reporting on the stories, how many will be dissuaded from buying the new Z10, based on subconcious perceptions? Likely these stories will end up costing, I dunno, a few million units of U.S. sales?

Bottom line.....I love Blackberry's story, and I love the product. BBRY has acted too often like the bullied schoolyard kid that's taken a beating and doesn't say a word. Sure, as with every company, mistakes were made, and some things could have been done better, but the beating BBRY has received over the past five years has been unlike anything I've ever witnessed in my 20 years of following the markets.

It's time to stand up. Aggressively point out the lies. Point out the exaggerations. Point out the weakness of the arguments. Blackberry has to defend it's brand, not only to help it's long suffering shareholders, but to help change public perception, which, if they BBRY is successful, will lead to greater sales and a stronger company.

I have no doubt if BBRY were privately held, that it would not receive a fraction of the negativity they receive today. There's a massive financially driven bias against BBRY, and it's time to fight back!
    Jake2826, zyben, Dapper37 and 1 others like this.
    02-17-13 09:51 AM
    Ethics in journalism seems to be dead when it comes to the online world. Columnists and their columns which had to go through editorial scrutiny before being printed have been replaced by bloggers and blogs that can pretty much say what they want with near impunity as online media wants hits and traffic so badly that anyone with a blog can get hired on to write pieces. The distortion of facts seems to be prevalent and also helps perpetuate falsehoods in regards to many topics. You cannot read an article about BlackBerry (positive or negative) without people posting in the comments section "BlackBerry is dead", "I thought BlackBerry was going under", "BlackBerry should just go under", "The worst phone I ever owned was a BlackBerry" and so on. You can counter their statements with facts and these people are so blinded by their beliefs that they refuse to listen to them. Some of these people are former BlackBerry users that switched to the iPhone or Android years ago and seem to still have the mindset that all of the devices being sold are still running OS3/OS4. They've probably never used a newer OS7 device and the fact that many app makers never really built apps or updates their apps to run on OS7, that put BlackBerry at a disadvantage that helped continue the negative press and continued the rumors of the company going under. Perceptions are hard to shake and BlackBerry really is having to climb a pretty steep mountain to change those perceptions and it seems to be a bit of a mixed bag on that front based on some of the threads here as well as the media reports.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-17-13 10:01 AM
    The problem is that it takes literally $100 to become head journalist and write what ever you want. These people would never be hired to write anything in respected newspaper. First you need to actually finish some sort of collage or university with this type of profile to be considered for any position in a newspaper. I can bet you that none of these people have any journalistic degree. None what so ever. So I would ignore it. I believe that the front stuff working in stores selling phones is more important. They can actually sway people one way or the other

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-17-13 10:14 AM
    Possibly the biggest problem I see is that all of their stories have been posted on Yahoo Finance. Bofah's most recent post refers to the Z10 and X10 models. X10?, have I missed something? Not even knowledge of the product line.
    I guess I should expect this from Yahoo who "kicked" Blackberry out of their stable. Yet, Yahoo Finance is one of the most monitored sites by Fund Mgrs.
    02-17-13 10:35 AM
    Having said all of that, in a perverse way they are not always wrong......BBerry did miss the market by stubbornly sticking to a text-based OS while the rest of the word went to graphically based OS'. They also made many many blunders with their communications (or lack of) and CEO's making outlandish and completely false statements....all perfect fodder for these folks.

Of course RIMM made mistakes. Just as APPL has....Antennagate? SIRI? APPL maps. The difference is that the media reports the gaffs, and then moves on. With RIMM/BBRY, the massive negativity is persistent.

The bears are working overtime to ensure that the financials will not be positive. As a community, we know that BB10 is the real deal, but regardless of how good BB10 is, if the average consumer is constantly bombarded with negative BBRY stories, it will effect perception, and it will effect sales.

Follow the money. The shorts have a lot to lose, and they're not going to lose money without a fight.
    Dapper37 and zyben like this.
    02-17-13 10:47 AM
    This is how they killed Plabook and RIM. The playbook was the best finished hardware and OS without apps. Make no mistake that RIM made many mistakes but which company does not. I think BB still doing things to give enough to bear media to write such articles including launch, apps, media control, marketing, communication, CEO's poor communication, etc.
    02-17-13 11:54 AM
    Keep these articles, so in case BB succeeds, we can all email or comment on them and say something funny.
    02-17-13 11:56 AM
    This is how they killed Plabook and RIM. The playbook was the best finished hardware and OS without apps. Make no mistake that RIM made many mistakes but which company does not. I think BB still doing things to give enough to bear media to write such articles including launch, apps, media control, marketing, communication, CEO's poor communication, etc.
    Stop apologizing for the PlayBook, it was virtually unusable when it launched. It wasn't the lack of apps, it was the fact you couldn't use it without their phone, even then it wasn't impressive.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks and Bbnivende like this.
    02-17-13 03:07 PM
    If the negative publicity bothers you that much, start your own blog. Hire W Hoa to post to it. All happy news.
    Until then, ignore what you don't like!
    02-17-13 03:11 PM
    This is pure fear mongering coupled with a bear raid on BBRY. Media outlets mentioned are in cahoots with Short hedge funds.

There is simply no other way to see this. Tomorrow I hope to set the record straight regarding Forbes/BGR Friday attack using Samsung SAFE.

Article is loaded, locked, and ready. Firing a couple torpedoes again. I hope it helps.
    Last edited by mikeycollins13; 02-17-13 at 05:25 PM.
    Jake2826 and zyben like this.
    02-17-13 04:07 PM
    Negatively I can see and don't have a problem with. It the lies or inaccuracies in print for all to see I don't like. There was one guy who wrote you have to close out of an application to get to the hub. Now if he said he didn't like the hub that's fine but that's not what he did.
    02-17-13 04:25 PM
    Wait you don't think my stuff is funny? That hurts
    02-17-13 04:27 PM
    The American market and buyers sentiment is just a part of Blackberries over all market. Buyers in Saudia Arabia, Nigeria or Jakarta don't really care about what someone might say in "Seeking alpha" or Forbes. CNN or CNET possibly. Secondly, roughly 80% of shareholders in BBRY are insiders or institutions . The insiders "know" and the institutions do their own analysis . Basically , Forbes etc might influence the retail investor but not so much anyone else.
    02-17-13 05:37 PM
    It's pretty squidy stuff for sure. Seems to be the way things are though. Just look at how they manipulate gold. Now, that is criminal!

I'm trying not to pay too much attention to the baseless drivel that comes from these hacks that support the competition and short sellers. Instead, i am in for the long haul because I know this thing is a winner and they're actually giving me the opportunity to buy more cheap shares.
    02-17-13 06:00 PM
    Stop apologizing for the PlayBook, it was virtually unusable when it launched. It wasn't the lack of apps, it was the fact you couldn't use it without their phone, even then it wasn't impressive.

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with the Playbook? We love ours.

They had poor management before Heinz came on the scene. Those days are gone and now it's onward and upward. The business model is ingenious. University professors will be teaching their students using BBRY case studies for decades about how they turn things around.
    02-17-13 06:05 PM
    I feel the same way as you OP. Its unfortunate that the media seems to like bashing so much. Specifically with BB there is an attitude of scorn. I think one has to keep in mind that so many people invested in Apple (probably more than half of all reviewers and critics have a stake in Apple). So naturally, at the end of the day, they need to attack Blackberry as they see it as a threat to Apple. They've become ensconced by Apple. The fact that BB is attracting these sorts of attacks points to the fact that they are deemed as a threat - and that is good for us. No one is really comparing BB to MS much anymore - its really a comparison with iOS or Android.

I think all we can do is spread the word both online and offline. Most importantly we need to retaliate on those negative reviews as much as possible. This is war unfortunately and we need to stand behind BB because we want to keep it around. We need to make sure the smartphone world isn't a duopoly. Imagine if you could only choose between GM and FORD.
    tonyrenier and zyben like this.
    02-17-13 09:10 PM
    One word.......ACCEPTANCE
    02-17-13 09:16 PM
    Anyone can join seeking alpha to be a contributing author. If everyone wrote one article, we'd probably average 4 positive articles a week.

And it's easy. We can make up a title that is a lie like:

BBRY to take 10% of USA smartphone market.
    Then quote someone saying they'll get 1% in the first year and we'll extrapolate that in 10 years BBRY will have 10% of the USA market.

Why not. We could be idiots and sound better than most of these idiots that write articles.
    02-17-13 09:44 PM
    Let them write. Internet never forget (I'll pay that one day too for sure lol). Stock is an non issue right now. We're long, aren't we?

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-18-13 05:47 PM
    News That Wasn't News: Samsung's Enterprise Move Against Blackberry - Seeking Alpha

just posted now, Hopefully will help set the record straight.
    asherwiin and silversun10 like this.
    02-19-13 05:42 AM
35 12