View Poll Results: Are the 48k S4BB apps Pure Fraud?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. This is a major fraud.

58 58.59%
  • No. There must be a reasonable explanation.

41 41.41%
    I posted this in the other thread, but Apple and Google both actively stop practices like this, and purge apps from their respective stores from developers who spam. To my knowledge though, there's been nothing even remotely close to a dumping of this magnitude in either of the other stores. Whether it's because their methods of preventing it are super-effective, or whether they've never been as desperate to falsely pump up app numbers is up for debate.

Nearly 60K Low-Quality Apps Booted From Google Play Store In February, Points To Increased Spam-Fighting | TechCrunch

Apple's New Stance On 'Cookie Cutter' Apps: Add More Features Or Perish | TechCrunch
    mset likes this.
    08-23-13 12:58 PM
    48,000 apps by one developer S4BB?

See for yourselves search for S4BB:

BlackBerry World - Search Results

If this true there could be jail time here. I would love know how many $10000 or other cash rewards S4BB were awarded?

The deceit at Blackberry is starting to unravel. It's appalling.
    Most are not even apps but repackaged rss. The Ceo has been lying his a** off since the beginning and still has his job, think about what kind of corporate culture exists in the company.
    08-23-13 12:58 PM
    I disagree. Paying two developers to manufacture 60,000 apps that are totally junk, and then using that to claim �developers are embracing' your platform is outright fraud. Boiler room pump tactics.

Heins will have now alienated every single investor as this paints Blackberry's corporate ethos in very bad light.

This is so disappointing as the last thing this brand needed was another scandal after last earnings call.

Heins and co continue to trash this brand. Its sad.

It is the outing of blatant skuldugery that truly scares investors. What else have they done?
    They defraud buyers who thought Blackberry had apps and if they bought the device because of the 120k number then they should sue Blackberry..
    08-23-13 01:06 PM
    Considering BBRY is a public company, they are one quiet bunch.
    As soon as they go private, we'll never hear from them, ever.
    That's good! at least we won't have to hear all the lies about how good BB10 is doing
    08-23-13 01:21 PM
    I thought for sure this thread was about defrauding by saying BB10 sales were exceeding expectations.

Nevertheless. Didn't the company say publicly that their App world would have Quality over quantity?
    08-23-13 05:49 PM
    Agreed, it would be very interesting to compare this to what how things are done over at the iOS and Android App stores?
    There are about 291,250 registered iOS developers which accounted for 900,000 apps.

Who knows how many Android developers are out there as well as how many non-copy cat apps as well.
    08-23-13 06:04 PM
    I don't care what S4BB were paid. I do care that we (and the investors) were continually told how great the app ecosystem support from devs was. Now to find out that nearly half the apps were written by one dude! HTH do you write that many apps anyway? It's like a sweat shop working on WoW characters!
    Lol..

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    08-23-13 06:10 PM
    Nobody questioned how thor says 100000 apps and realize that bb world has nothing but junk? And we call ios users sheep.. at least we have 70m users and 3b cash, that can't be false can it?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:21 PM
    If you read the companies earnings report there is a disclaimer about the subscriber number not being a reliable financial metric and that they rely on third parties for this number.
    08-23-13 08:12 PM

If this true there could be jail time here. I would love know how many $10000 or other cash rewards S4BB were awarded?

Nice Trolling, you landed quit a few suckers.

What you and very few else are saying is how many of those 'apps' are e-books or how many are for legacy BlackBerry devices years before BlackBerry acquired QNX and ever thought app store count was part of the competition?

But like I said, nice trolling.
    08-23-13 09:26 PM
    Nice Trolling, you landed quit a few suckers.

What you and very few else are saying is how many of those 'apps' are e-books or how many are for legacy BlackBerry devices years before BlackBerry acquired QNX and ever thought app store count was part of the competition?

But like I said, nice trolling.
    You sound more like a troll than he does. Obviously you didn't read the thread since your criticisms are all answered by other posts. Nice trolling though.
    kevinnugent and mset like this.
    08-23-13 10:00 PM
    4 Pages of. Posts, 60% of respondents OF THIS Community say yes.

And you try and be little this discussion to trolling?

Not today buddy. Your hero is a zero. Face it.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:01 PM
    I fail to see the "fraud" that keeps on getting thrown out here. The only statement related to apps that I think has been mentioned is the 120,000 apps in BlackBerry World. Well, there are over 120,000 apps in BlackBerry World, so no possible fraud there (or even false information).

As for the claims about "sales exceeding expectations" and "best debut ever", I can't imagine anyone here can say they know those were incorrect. BlackBerry did not publicize its "expectations" and it makes perfect sense that the debut would be the best ever as BlackBerry never had as highly an anticipated launch like that as the Z10. Just because overall sales over the last several months have not been as well as hoped doesn't make the initial claims about the debut any less true.

I appreciate this is an online forum where people generally have no problem spewing whatever wild nonsense they wish, but I have faith that my online brethren would refrain from making a serious allegation like fraud without any evidence. Just kidding. Of course, I have no faith in online commentators.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 11:37 PM
    I fail to see the "fraud" that keeps on getting thrown out here. The only statement related to apps that I think has been mentioned is the 120,000 apps in BlackBerry World. Well, there are over 120,000 apps in BlackBerry World, so no possible fraud there (or even false information).
    If you read through the thread and then made this post, I think you're defining the word 'obtuse'.
    08-24-13 02:03 AM
    If you read through the thread and then made this post, I think you're defining the word 'obtuse'.
    There's no need for personal attacks. We can keep it civil in here...
    bungaboy and Branta like this.
    08-24-13 03:09 AM
    There's no need for personal attacks. We can keep it civil in here...
    It's not a personal attack. I'm not saying he's an *****, or invoking some other ad hominem attack. I am literally saying he's defining the term 'obtuse', because that comment I quoted misses the entire point of the thread. Thus the disclaimer 'If you read through this thread and...'.
    08-24-13 03:22 AM
    Nevertheless. Didn't the company say publicly that their App world would have Quality over quantity?
    Do ex-CEO's comments count?

“The most important thing is quality. We think quantity (of apps) is an illusion. This is not a race to a bigger number."
    Jim Balsillie, Co-CEO, Research in Motion, 10 November 2009
    08-24-13 12:06 PM
    It's not a personal attack. I'm not saying he's an *****, or invoking some other ad hominem attack. I am literally saying he's defining the term 'obtuse', because that comment I quoted misses the entire point of the thread. Thus the disclaimer 'If you read through this thread and...'.
    Alright... Well I have to say that I read the thread as well and I agree with most of what he said, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, haha I get what you're saying though, so I will bow out of this one...
    08-24-13 07:10 PM

Forget the apps, TH claiming how good the hardware was selling when he knew all to well it was in the toilet just before the last ER was fraud enough for me! He just plain lied!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-01-13 08:08 AM
    Forget the apps, TH claiming how good the hardware was selling when he knew all to well it was in the toilet just before the last ER was fraud enough for me! He just plain lied!
    He stated well before the ER that BB plans to just break even or maybe receive a small loss... Discounting the Venezuela incident, he was quite right.
    09-02-13 05:11 AM
    A trolling thread to be sure...you're all a bunch of morons, thinking you have all the solutions to running a company of this calibre. Please carry on, and maintain your idiotic arguments. Anyone who who has the balls to put their money where their mouth is should step up and speak...the rest of you are morons.
    09-02-13 05:34 AM
    Shouldn't this thread be in the Armchair CEO section?

(Or the conspiracy section for that matter?)
    Bugmapper likes this.
    09-02-13 06:39 AM
97 ... 234