As an BlackBerry shareholder I am feeling that company is destroying value by closing down BB10 instead of selling it to highest bidder. How long it would take to some law company to get this idea and start class action?

Also, when discussing shareholders value, IMHO BBM should be spin-off.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:32 AM
    I, too, am a stockholder and I disagree with you. No strong case for a class action suit based on that ground.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    10-09-15 07:45 AM
    He's basically said he will support existing BB10 devices. Can't force a company to make devices just for you. js
    10-09-15 08:01 AM
    QNX, which is the underlying structure to BB10, is key to much of BlackBerry's future in IoT and automobiles. If they sold that, they'd having nothing left.

BlackBerry is keenly aware that no one is interested in a smartphone based on BB10, so they are attempting to survive by making a change. Existing devices are still being supported.

You should sue Sony for not selling its Betamax division after it failed to gain market traction.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 10-09-15 at 08:47 AM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    10-09-15 08:15 AM
    His job is to keep BlackBerry alive and profitable. Can I sue because they stopped BBOS sales in the United States, no.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 08:16 AM
    I don't always lose all perspective, but when I do, I prefer to broadcast it to the entire internet.

Class Action?-images.jpg

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    10-09-15 10:47 AM
    "Have we past Ridiculous yet, dad?"

"Pay attention to the signs son! We passed it 5 miles back!"

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    10-09-15 11:52 AM
    As a shareholder, why on earth would you want to launch a class action suit against a company most people think is on its way out already, that would just drive the price down even further, most likely far below anything we have seen yet.

So your upset about the android move, you won't be when the phone sells well and the stock price shoots back above $10 will you?

BB for Life
    00stryder and deadcowboy like this.
    10-09-15 08:24 PM
    Your complaint is not actionable...sorry. Chen is hired to make these decisions. Unless you can prove he's doing something illegal, good luck with your class action......
    10-09-15 09:53 PM
    As an BlackBerry shareholder I am feeling that company is destroying value by closing down BB10 instead of selling it to highest bidder. How long it would take to some law company to get this idea and start class action?

Also, when discussing shareholders value, IMHO BBM should be spin-off.

Posted via CB10
    Try some VW stocks, that one's looking pretty good, other than that No Chance.
    00stryder, La Emperor and _dimi_ like this.
    10-09-15 10:28 PM
    I realize there is no actionable premise, but I also know as a holder of only 200 shares I have lost almost 90% of the stocks value in one of the hottest 5 year periods in the history of the market. It's time for the folks on top to step down. BB was always successful as a hardware/ software company.
    I can't help but wonder when I see all the commercials on TV for the latest apps and they say "Available for Apple and Android devices".....

It wasn't long ago when that tag line said "available for Apple, Android and Blackberry devices!"

How much could one company F**k up SO much in such a relatively short period of time??
    It's a disgrace for people like us that believed in this company.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-09-15 10:29 PM
    Ouch, sorry for your loss, but most of the folk did step down or where fired.

It would have been good for sell off after the Samsung buyout hype And The get back in cheap again.

The stocks will rise but nowhere near or even remotely near what it used to be.
    10-09-15 10:48 PM
    Well, as a shareholder you can only sue if the company materially contravenes the shareholder agreement. If the answer is none or I don't know in answer to the question "what terms of the shareholder agreement have been breached ?" then you have no case.

Class action lawsuits need to have a firm basis in contract law in order to be actionable.
    10-10-15 04:44 PM
    I can't help but wonder when I see all the commercials on TV for the latest apps and they say "Available for Apple and Android devices".....

It wasn't long ago when that tag line said "available for Apple, Android and Blackberry devices!"
    When was that, exactly?
    10-10-15 05:02 PM
    When was that, exactly?
    "On TV" was when the late night spots and infomercials were showing the latest gadgets (bluetooth car devices, home apps, gadgets, etc.) just after the peak of BB I would guess, several years ago..., I don't have exact months/ days/year(s), didn't think I needed to add that.
    But besides the info commercials/ spots, there were magazine ads and other print media as well as online ads for apps, gadgets, etc. It really used to happen. Really.
    10-10-15 06:21 PM
    If you expect the stock to fall further, execute a short sale on BBRY. But BlackBerry has delivered 3 consecutive profitable quarters.

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (Airtel / STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    10-11-15 05:51 AM
    "On TV" was when the late night spots and infomercials were showing the latest gadgets (bluetooth car devices, home apps, gadgets, etc.) just after the peak of BB I would guess, several years ago..., I don't have exact months/ days/year(s), didn't think I needed to add that.
    But besides the info commercials/ spots, there were magazine ads and other print media as well as online ads for apps, gadgets, etc. It really used to happen. Really.
    Got any links or screenshots? Any concrete examples?
    10-11-15 07:04 AM
    Got any links or screenshots? Any concrete examples?
    I'm not sure if you are in the U.S. or not, but there used to be many commercials (mostly low budget "call now!" type) for various devices and gadgets with the tag line "for all Apple (or iPhone) Android, and Blackberry devices." It was during the period when the iPhone was on the rise, and Blackberry was still a very relevant device (they did have the largest share of smartphone devices back when, if you remember.....they shipped close to 50 million devices in 2010.....and 51 million in 2011!) By contrast, Apple shipped 39.9 million iPhones in 2010. Infomercials usually don't have a long shelf life, so I really don't know what's lurking around and where.
    I don't know what you find so incredulous about this subject- Which, by the way, is OFF topic, so I apologize to the thread op. I will not take up any more of your thread regarding this. My apologies.
    Last edited by garpt; 10-11-15 at 08:13 PM.
    10-11-15 07:58 PM
    So your upset about the android move, you won't be when the phone sells well and the stock price shoots back above $10 will you?
    BB for Life
    Hahahahaha

Yes. Bringing an over priced Android phone, under spec'ed, under marketed, to an over saturated platform is going to rocket that share price right up! Keeping in mind there are thousands of Android manufacturers many of which happily burn BlackBerry's total worth just in R&D alone. If BlackBerry makes so much as a ripple in the Android pond, the Samsung, Sony and Googles of the world will get serious about Security and wipe BlackBerry out over night.

But yeah... Maybe you should buy stocks now while they are still affordable.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-11-15 10:26 PM
    Hahahahaha

Yes. Bringing an over priced Android phone, under spec'ed, under marketed, to an over saturated platform is going to rocket that share price right up! Keeping in mind there are thousands of Android manufacturers many of which happily burn BlackBerry's total worth just in R&D alone. If BlackBerry makes so much as a ripple in the Android pond, the Samsung, Sony and Googles of the world will get serious about Security and wipe BlackBerry out over night.

Unfortunately, agreed......
    techvisor likes this.
    10-11-15 10:50 PM
    Unfortunately, agreed......
    And I sadly agree with your agreement...

When Chen said that KNOXs was as good at security and that BlackPhone was better.... that left only the KEYBOARD as a possible selling point. Maybe at $499 the PRIV could compete... but that's not realistic for BlackBerry.

Playing the BlackBerry bounce for as long as it keeps bouncing is really the only play to make with the stock...
    techvisor likes this.
    10-12-15 09:08 AM
    Hahahahaha

Looking for it to reach $10 again is not that much of a stress, it has been in the $12 range in the last year..

I understand the android market is saturated, but you are discounting the millions of people who have left BlackBerry for android over the last few years, that now have a reason to come back. I am willing to bet the Priv will far outsell the passport and classic, and please, hold me to it.

BBRY price is very much driven on speculation, if the Priv shows strength upon release it will have a major effect on the share price, I am not saying the rise will be sustained, but it will happen. If bogus rumours can raise the price 10+% then an actual successful (relative to the company, not the industry) product launch will work wonders, even if it is only temporarily

BB for Life
    10-13-15 01:32 PM
    Looking for it to reach $10 again is not that much of a stress, it has been in the $12 range in the last year..

I understand the android market is saturated, but you are discounting the millions of people who have left BlackBerry for android over the last few years, that now have a reason to come back.

BB for Life
    Oh my, no I haven't discounted them. Not do I think the future BBRY price continuing to drop is speculation. History has shown that new Android manufacturers are reporting greater losses every year and even Sony and Samsung are struggling with handset sales. It would be extremely unwise to 'assume' BlackBerry can succeed where many larger companies are failing today. In fact a reasonable expectation, considering all odds, is for BlackBerry to experience the same (or a greater) growing percentage of failure on Android as it's stronger, better marketed, and better invested competition.

Moreover I think expecting people to drop higher spec phones they love to spend 650 bucks for an under powered Android phone because it carries a brand logo for a company 'they used to love' is a unwise. People who make a change tend to do so with conviction and with the intent to never return. Changing brands is a conscious decision and difficult one that involves risk. People do not want to change, let alone change back. And remember, if it doesn't hit 5 million units, goodbye handset division.

To this point, this change is already causing great losses in BB10 users. I know I can see it in my app counts - and the losses in this regard will be far greater than any measly gain on Android users. Right now the average BB10 user is thinking : my days as a BB10 user are numbered, I need a plan B. And the average former BBRY now Android user is thinking : Did this Chen guy really just say the BlackPhone is more secure? And I finally left them for a different platform and love my device, do they really think I want to go back to them now? The few who would entertain coming back to BlackBerry aren't likely to make the same early adopter mistake we made with PlayBook and then BB10 - they left for a reason and will wait to see with their own eyes that the reason is gone before even considering it. BlackBerry will cut an OS and associated hardware without a second thought, and it cost them loyalty between users and their devices.

The moment this junk started leaking, a countdown started to BlackBerry's last days. They have nothing left to offer. A keyboard will only get you so far in life. And they've made a lot of mistakes that former customers will keep them accountable for.

10-13-15 01:52 PM

I understand the android market is saturated, but you are discounting the millions of people who have left BlackBerry for android over the last few years, that now have a reason to come back. I am willing to bet the Priv will far outsell the passport and classic, and please, hold me to it.

BBRY price is very much driven on speculation, if the Priv shows strength upon release it will have a major effect on the share price, I am not saying the rise will be sustained, but it will happen. If bogus rumours can raise the price 10+% then an actual successful (relative to the company, not the industry) product launch will work wonders, even if it is only temporarily

BB for Life
    1. I think your discounting that they left BlackBerry and might be happy with whatever device they bought..... Many left BlackBerry happy to get away from them - per JD Power Study a few years ago, BlackBerry had the worst consumer satisfaction rating.
    2. I think your discounting that in the Android market, you have a very short window of opportunity to sell a Flagship phone at full price. By January the new batch of phone will be release at CES.... making the PRIV a middle grade phone. Not sure BlackBerry will be ready to mark the PRIV down.
    3. I think your discounting that there is very little evidence that a keyboard is more than a niche feature in the 2016 market.
    4. I think your discounting that many existing BlackBerry users have no intention of using Android.
    5. I think your discounting that many existing BlackBerry users don't plan to once again be beta tester for a "platform" that could very well see it's support ended in nine months.
    6. I think your discounting that enterprise moves very slowly.... before they decided to go with BlackBerry's new Android device, it might already be too late.
    7. I think your discounting that Chen regards the PRIV as a very HIGH END phone - which will hurt consumer sales if it's more than $700.
    8. I think your discounting that BlackBerry.... is BlackBerry.
    9. I think your discounting how poorly BBM alone runs on Android... putting into question how the BlackBerry Experience suite will work.

I do agree that if the PRIV is a success, that will signal a path to profits, growth and stability, which is what investors are really waiting for. But as you can see... I don't see the PRIV being a success. Maybe it will be sold for $499 and they'll do a few $100 Million dollars worth of marketing and Carrier co-opting, and I could be wrong.
    KermEd and techvisor like this.
    10-13-15 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry oh BlackBerry. Priv won't save you. You wouldn't big bang advertise it either.

Take a bow BlackBerry. Atleast fade out in a classy way by giving us a Priv with bb10 running the Passports 32 bit SD thing. You won't be hated that bad then after you're gone.

You're anyway going to die given that android manufacturers will snap at your heels if they think you can corner android enterprise... heck even apple would snap at your heels if they felt you're making inroads into their enterprise customers.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:50 AM
36 12