Hi all,

here is a auto-reply message I receive from Mr. Christophe Lefort : VP of BlackBerry France :
    "I wish to inform you that I have left BlackBerry to pursue new opportunities. Please contact Herv� Liboureau."

BlackBerry France perd son Directeur G�n�ral Christophe Lefort | BlackBerry-FR

I Wish you all a Berry Christmas !!
    Superfly_FR and JeepBB like this.
    12-24-13 02:45 PM
    Hi all,

here is a auto-reply message I receive from Mr. Christophe Lefort : VP of BlackBerry France :
    "I wish to inform you that I have left BlackBerry to pursue new opportunities. Please contact Herv� Liboureau."

BlackBerry France perd son Directeur G�n�ral Christophe Lefort | BlackBerry-FR

I Wish you all a Berry Christmas !!
    Sad news, Christophe was a nice person. Not sure if he went away or if he's been asked to...
    12-24-13 05:22 PM
    I take it as good news or non news.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's how most people on Crackberry view any news about BlackBerry

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    12-24-13 10:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Europe VP change can't be trivial ...
    12-25-13 05:24 AM
    Don't be ridiculous. The CEO of Blackberry Western Europe leaving the company at any time is obviously bad news for BB.

We had the same "head in the sand" comments when the UK Managing Director left. He went to Samsung, I wonder where Lefort will end up?
    Last edited by JeepBB; 12-25-13 at 05:58 AM.
    milo53 likes this.
    12-25-13 05:43 AM
    By the same token, the CEO of Blackberry Western Europe leaving the company at any time is obviously bad news for BB. We all know how it worked out in Blackberry's favor when TH left and JC replaced him.

It is a non news until we know more about why he is leaving and who will replace him.
    12-25-13 08:06 AM
    Dam, that company must be internally a mess.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-25-13 12:24 PM
    I'm so surprised that anyone else talking about it, there is no news on any blog or news elsewhere !!!
    12-26-13 03:28 PM
    I'm so surprised that anyone else talking about it, there is no news on any blog or news elsewhere !!!
    It's rare for any news on BB to hit the mainstream channels. Maybe it's a question of lack of relevance for their audience?

Or, alternatively, maybe the exit of the guy in charge of BB's entire Western European operation just isn't news after all.

I'm not sure which explanation is "better" for BB.
    12-26-13 04:06 PM
    Bc it's not official. I mean P.R-ed

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:02 AM
    *2ble post sry*
    Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:03 AM
    I don't know if France is the one bright spark on the continent or if we just have Superfly_FR making it look like BlackBerry is doing [relatively] well there. I haven't seen any numbers. However, my general impression of sales in EU have not been anything to highlight on a CV.
    The kantar numbers were posted a while back, but IIRC the Western Europe and UK markets have shown the same steep decline as elsewhere for BB. BB7 sales declining, BB10 sales tanking. The UK in particular was one of BB's strongest markets, but no longer I fear.

I'm sure the guy's CV looks pretty strong already given the potted biography I read on the interweb, and it would be particularly unfair to single him out for blame for being unable to arrest the global decline of BB as a brand... and I'm sure whoever hires him will feel the same about his talents.

Be interesting to see where he goes.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-27-13 06:01 AM