As previously posted, I figured Blackberry would've most likely miss expectations or barely meet it. At this point, I think the stock will continue to slowly drop over the next week or so, until they announce it next week during their earnings report. This is also why I had mentioned previously that noone would come out and buy BBRY right off the bat (Imagine a company/a group of investors had bought the company PRIOR to this news getting launched? They would've lost 20% of their investment overnight!).

I think after this earnings announcement that the drop will hit to it's expected low (almost as low as Nokia had gotten to), and then finally someone will step in and buy it at a "premium" so to speak. The value now is even lower than before, and I think BBRY has finally woken up and has decided to focus on what they are best at, which is enterprises, and not consumers.

With this new focus, and the new operating cuts, there will be plenty of companies who will want them. I think a MFST takeover is still possible at this point because they will be dirt cheap. Lenovo is still a great bet too (if the gov't allows takeover from foreign entities). Cisco is another one. All these companies have big focuses on the corporate/enterprise sector, so after this huge drop (and maybe a bit more over the next few weeks), I think it just increased the chances of BBRY getting bought out.

Thoughts? GLTA!
    09-20-13 10:34 PM
    As previously posted, I figured Blackberry would've most likely miss expectations or barely meet it. At this point, I think the stock will continue to slowly drop over the next week or so, until they announce it next week during their earnings report. This is also why I had mentioned previously that noone would come out and buy BBRY right off the bat (Imagine a company/a group of investors had bought the company PRIOR to this news getting launched? They would've lost 20% of their investment overnight!).

I think after this earnings announcement that the drop will hit to it's expected low (almost as low as Nokia had gotten to), and then finally someone will step in and buy it at a "premium" so to speak. The value now is even lower than before, and I think BBRY has finally woken up and has decided to focus on what they are best at, which is enterprises, and not consumers.

With this new focus, and the new operating cuts, there will be plenty of companies who will want them. I think a MFST takeover is still possible at this point because they will be dirt cheap. Lenovo is still a great bet too (if the gov't allows takeover from foreign entities). Cisco is another one. All these companies have big focuses on the corporate/enterprise sector, so after this huge drop (and maybe a bit more over the next few weeks), I think it just increased the chances of BBRY getting bought out.

Thoughts? GLTA!
    No, MSFT would not need bbry anymore. Cisco? zero chance.

At this point, the only public company who may buy bbry is Lenova.

Or it could end with a LBO from PE around $12 a share.
    09-20-13 10:58 PM
    I don't think any company is going to buy them. They are bleeding out. BB10 was a flop, and an expensive one. Future looks grim for BlackBerry...And there are a lot of forum members who are going to get burned.
    09-21-13 03:10 AM
    Why on earth would the government block a foreign bid?

Unless the government is willing to put it's money where it's mouth is and make a bid, then it has no place to interfere with whom BlackBerry gets purchased by, i.e Chinese companies.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:57 AM
    It is time to carve up the turkey.
    Fuzzballz likes this.
    09-21-13 09:17 AM
    If anyone thinks that there is value in BB as a company then they have to move quickly before the company looses every customer they have. Right now the question isn't IF BlackBerry will die, but how soon. The news we just got was like pulling the plug on someones life support system...

Sales are going to dry up.... other than some die hard fans, who is going to buy a BlackBerry now? Who is going to invest thousands of dollars in hardware and software to move their corporate mobile platform to BES10? BlackBerry just put a HOLD on everything. Which mean unless something happens really soon, next quarter is going to be even worse. And the chances of a new buyer being able to even save the Enterprise/Gov niche market is going to slip through their fingers.

I do think that BBRY is going to be dirt cheap! I think a lot of BBRY Stock holders are going to have an interesting few weeks....
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-21-13 02:09 PM